It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

disgruntled idiots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Of course the DDoS attacks got worse during the Protest gongshow at the Chicago Rally for Trump...go figures

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I have noticed this actually happens more frequently on the approach to every presidential election, and is usually accompanied by some measure which reduces anonymity even further. After 2008, anonymous posting was removed. But you could still participate keeping your location mostly unknown (to the servers). After 2012, anonymous location posting went bye bye , with the rationale being "oh we need to generate revenue to combat DDOSers, and we need your location to target the ads" . But at least we can still browse, lurk, and read anonymously.

Why do I have the feeling after this election, visitors to this site will not even be allowed to so much as read the pages while using VPN, and/or tracking disabled in the name of fighting attackers with ad revenue??

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Honestly VPNs are what keep trolls bothering us for years.

I would absolutely deny it. Plenty of sites wont let you use their features if you are on a VPN.

That should go bye bye.

Its for what? So the government cant see you like new age stuff or post about them in less than nice ways?

Lol

They know who does what BEFORE the traffic is sent through the VPN.

Unless you build your own hardware/ have it built you are just hiding from regular people.

No more making a new account after a ban. No more endless BS.

No more VPNs!!!!
edit on 3 12 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Why don't you just call you have all my numbers too
love you

LOL the above post is absolutely priceless

You know trolls get tummy acid aches and need resting sometimes too
love you
edit on 12-3-2016 by StealingAcc4DdoS because: (no reason given)

(post by tadaman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Sorry. I couldn't give an answer before we got hit again. I went to bed it was annoying. Honestly I don't know why that the ad blockers reboot keeps coming up once ATS comes back on line.
Wish I knew.

More importantly that the attack went through the security firm, then taking out ATS. All while it seems targeted exploiting ATS upgrades.
I know very little about today's computer systems. But that's all I could observe on my end. 😕
edit on 12-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well who doesn't love a good group screw up once in a while

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Who was it? I read all the post. I saw nothing to indicate anyone here.

Also Site Down Or is it Me website said ATS was down.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You know what this reminds me of ? Those two opponents are some powerful corporations .. This "troll" is just between them on knees sucking one bigger tool up
edit on 12-3-2016 by 2mangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

They didnt get through any security. That takes being a REAL hacker. They flooded the server. Like if you press refresh allot. You can write a script in notepad to do it. Its retarded.

They probably got a few dozen people to dedicate a few computers each to flood ATS.

Its like the lamest form of wanna be hacking with no technical skill you can do. You can go on some sites and ask bored script kiddies to help you. Its their form of a weekend affair. Like a circle jerk....

You can literally copy and paste the scripts right off the internet in some cases. Its not hacking. Its fancy spamming.

The whole ad blocker thing popping up could just be some random effect that made it pop up. Its nothing. Really.

It is a slight head ache to the admins for a bit, but really. ATS was down for about 60+ minutes. Think about all the effort and the result.

I even posted during the attack and made this thread as well. NOT that effective if you think about it.

LOL

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

the little boy whos screen name was StealingAcc4DdoS. Did you read his post? LOL

Did you read his name?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Bingo! I see it now. And it's banned. Thanks for both post! 😀👍

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 2mangle

What?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

It is dysfunctional to call the attackers "script kiddies." That's like calling an illegal immigrant and "undocumented worker."

Those script kiddies as you call them have an agenda whether working in solitude or concert. They do us the favor in a higher moment of cleverly illustrating how vulnerable our systems are and how we have learned to lean on those systems in our daily lives for both comfort and perhaps even literal support.

Perhaps we should be ashamed of having built such a system is which far more insidiously dangerous than building nuclear bombs because we...could. We will rue the day....

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

No

They are worthless lazy fools who if were truly involved in any freeing effort for the masses would NEVER target a place that offers rational dialogue and the advancement of knowledge against the imposing darkness of ignorance.

They have ignored those who paved the way for radical net-centric warfare.

There is nothing novel about their efforts. We know DDOS attacks and frankly they are lame. Meant to hurt the end user, in other words the average guy.

They COULD have just flooded ATS with thoughtful commentary meant to awaken and inform. The thing is that takes having a mind to defend your baseless point of view. Cyber samurais they are not.

I will not thank people who steal funds from poor people, to then buy more computers and junk food, to then giggle like school girls or rather pathetic trolls after the fact when they see the INCONVENIENCE they impose on average people. Consumer rats is what they are.

They are not going after the government, or the banks, they went after ATS....a private business in the business of speaking to what is often silenced.

They are in this case an arm of conformity and in the typical effort of conformity they seek to silence opposition and bring us closer into darkness.

How many people in that hour or so saw a link to information here that would have made them more aware and less sheep?
Did they get the information? No. Because little boys had to play hacker. Even within the community they are seen as lazy ignorant wanna be`s

No thanks on my part. What are they Anonymous? OOOOH wow, how are they doing with all their BS claims? Freaking psy-op.

Eat my unimpressed ass script kiddies.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Why taunt them if you think it's disgruntled idiots? Were I a 'script kiddie' I'd enjoy reading your angry posts. It would be validation.

It's not like they took down a bank website or something. They took down ATS, everybody just found something else to do for a few hours. The site admins are really the ones who suffer in dealing with it.

I can't help but think it's something to do with the ad-blocking announcement. It's coming right after that started.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Why taunt them? Because they meant to bother average people and then come on here to boast like little kids lost in ego and butthurt.

Who cares if ATS wants or needs more money to do bigger things. Its a private business. How about they protest in front of a butcher shop who raises prices to make up for a failing economy? Or stop people from going to work and trying to feed their kids?

ATS did nothing to them, members did nothing to them. What they cant handle being disagreed with?

And I should ignore what makes me call them on their BS?

No. No thanks on my part. I work like a damned slave and deserve what ever respite I can get, like ATS.

They did no one a service and so after they come here to make us as ignorant as them, they should not find a typical victim lying in passive fear of what is BS and laughable.

Their popping in here is just as much a validation for me.

Obviously they are butt hurt enough to take notice.

Its more of an insult to walk away and leave ATS to be asshats as they think of us. Its all the more validation that they target ATS.

They cant because they are in the wrong /cant let it go. Honestly, I do thank them for making BS accounts and getting our membership numbers up. It must look great to potential advertisers.

Thanks! That ad revenue will probably be spent on making ATS more awesome.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

HA! Touche'! Sometime sir you know just the right thing to say!

*PS What DDOS attack?????????

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I think you've missed my point entirely. While I agree with your assessment of them I think, like obnoxious children, getting a big angry reaction will just encourage them. Calling out random unknown people just lets them know how much it bothered you... they feed on that. You're essentially feeding trolls.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Maybe,

Maybe they will log on to let me know how much my words ring true, oh wait....

They will keep doing this with or without my response. Why not respond? Maybe they didnt know these things.

Either way, I find this much more useful than ignoring those who will not ignore you.
[snip]

edit on 13-3-2016 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join