It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'alternative to neo-liberal techno-industrial capitalist model of organisation' evicted, UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Yorkley Court Farm, "an alternative to the current neo-liberal techno-industrial capitalist model of organisation", has been evicted. yorkleycourt.wordpress.com... www.facebook.com...

Inspector Steve Chester gives an explanation in the video found here. www.itv.com...

To shine a light on Yorkley Court Farm. My son visited for half an hour. He overheard two conversations in which one individual was telling the others, 'you have to fight the police to create change'. Some people are just locked in their out of date, divisive mindsets.

The younger people I know who went there thought it was a wonderful place full of interesting people. I never went myself. I have no personal observation.

Another local eviction to take place is this bloke. www.itv.com...

A man who's been living on the banks of the River Severn in a straw house he built himself has been told he must leave.

Maciej Urbanowicz built the structure by harvesting reeds from marshland.

The evictions go on and on. If you tried to live this way on your own land you would still fall foul of planning regulations. It isn't only Calais where your efforts are wasted when the bulldozers arrive.

The battle to prevent us from living an ecologically sound lifestyle is fought with great determination by the other side. It's one of the biggest issues we face. As long as we're in houses, or other approved dwellings, we're in a suitable position to be managed like livestock. When we build our own homes we have much more freedom and satisfaction.

It's a battle that has to be fought politically, but when you live this lifestyle you have little time or energy left for a complex political campaign. The other side get paid for discussing the 'problem' of people living in unauthorised dwellings. It's in their interests to cultivate a conflict and string it out as long as possible.

Does anyone have knowledge of other UK evictions of this nature? Is there an underlying plan to get plenty of disaffected people on the road ready for a summer of distracting, petty, civil unrest?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Rather live in my evil capitalist environmentally unfriendly house with hot water, flushing toliet, central heathing and Wifi than a 3rd world style slum!
edit on 10-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

As the claws of a totalitarian regime grip tighter and tighter around us all, it's an appealing lifestyle choice.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yes, bulldoze the independents, what a novel idea. Can't have anyone living independently from paying rent and utilities, struggling in the workaday world to consume and keep up the payments.

This man is useless to society, he is out of bounds, unproductive.

(And happy)

I was never happier in my very soul than the time I spent off grid in the middle of a big city. We also got our 'nests' bulldozed and stolen by the city workers and tractors from time to time. The key is don't be so obvious, don't stick out, travel light.

I love it when city councils, all stuck up on their hi minded ideals, with all their wealth, gotta come down and destroy what little the destitute eke out as though its helping them be better people. I know they sleep all night, they are completely devoid of human hearts, caring only for how things look, not who people really are.

White washed tombs
edit on 10-3-2016 by intrptr because: changed, spelling

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Not good. Not only is our freedom virtually non existent but our ability to be closer to nature is shrinking. It alters the mind never seeing green. Estates, cities, these places we are forced to live are mind numbing.

They evicted him because, I would say, if he was allowed to live that way he would be the first of thousands.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
While I partially agree with most of what you have said about him and his way of life, there are problems.

It would be interesting to know if he claims benefits for a start, I imagine he does. It is unlikely he is paying tax or national insurance if he is only doing odd jobs. Is it his land or public land? I'm going to guess public.

So again I'm going to guess he is quite happy using medical services, recycling centre services for his waste and would be quite happy to use police and fire services if he had to.

Living off grid is all good providing you don't use services everyone else has to pay for.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
To be honest... What the hell does a "neo-liberal techno-industrial capitalist model" mean?

Babble that masquerades as babble. People who tend to think the police are the "enemy" are those people who tend to engage in criminality as a lifestyle.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
I'm not criminal but I am 50-50 as to whether I feel the police will help me or hinder me.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
Does anyone have knowledge of other UK evictions of this nature? Is there an underlying plan to get plenty of disaffected people on the road ready for a summer of distracting, petty, civil unrest?

Diggers at Runnymede

www.theguardian.com...

Now evicted

www.theguardian.com...

a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Meet Arun

Arun is one of several Diggers who work during the week. He largely uses the income to support his teenage daughter — otherwise, he doesn’’t have much use for money

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I suspect it's the model that provides just about every tool they use and item of clothing they wear.

I totally agree. Treating the police as the enemy in modern day Britain is really not necessary.

We should remember the chairman of the Police Federation, Paul McKeever, said before a big Union march. "You will see my officers alongside you. I want you to know they are marching with you." He also said "When I retire in two weeks time I will be freed from the restrictions of my contract. I will increase my political fight for the British people against a tyrannical, war-mongering government". Not his exact words but something like that.

Then he died from a 'suspected embolism'. A fit man who often astounded his guests with the length of his pre-dinner walks.

Paul McKeever was murdered because he was protecting us.

Who's the enemy?

Theresa May. Candlestick. Library.
edit on 11 3 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Here's a simple technique for increasing the odds of feeling helped.

Imagine this.

Great read.

That goes for us American officers as well. We really do experience tragedy on a regular basis. It does take a toll on you. It does change you.

I remember a time I had to respond to a fatal motorcycle accident. A guy hit a light pole on a bridge that connects to the barrier islands (Florida). He was severed in half and of course killed instantly. From his torso down landed on the west bound lane and from his torso up he landed on the east side.

We of course had to close the causeway for a couple of hours to complete the investigation and of course move his remains.

I was cussed at by people. Told that I was lazy and that I should "get a real job." Told that they payed my salary and I should let them drive through the accident scene because they were going to be late for dinner. Mind you I had not eaten or used the restroom for about 5 hours. The detour was only ten minutes out of the way. But I was the facist for not letting them pass through.

I have had people die on me while giving CPR. I have given CPR and comforted people who I knew were not going to make it because their family was there. I have held dead infants and even at one time tied off a women's severed arm with a tourniquet fashioned out of crime scene tape.

This is the experience of ATS member TorqueyThePig.

Bearing this in mind gives you an understanding. The police constable in front of you has dealt or will deal with similar situations. Not because they happened across it, but because they have sworn an oath to go in and help.

Your body language, tone of voice and choice of words will be affected by the thought of what this constable's job actually is. This will become apparent to them, and things will work out much smoother.
edit on 11 3 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

Thanks for the interesting links. That led me to this. gen.ecovillage.org...

The Global Ecovillage Network (GEN) is a growing network of sustainable communities and initiatives that bridge different cultures, countries, and continents. GEN serves as umbrella organization for ecovillages, transition town initiatives, intentional communities, and ecologically-minded individuals worldwide.
Though I have to say it looks like a New World Order taking over the sustainable movement type thing, right down to the mind control butterfly emblem. www.google.co.uk... You got to sort the wheat from the chaff.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Oh I know what you're saying. I adapt my behavior and discourse to get the most out of all situations. But in England I'm going to be hindered by driving in a bus lane etc They have targets to hit. This makes them unpredictable.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

The Police Federation has this to say about the target culture.

“We are concerned about the target culture, where officers are pressurised into hitting key quotas in relation to particular crimes, and how this is impacting on the service to victims."
www.polfed.org...
It isn't just the inconvenience to us, it's also the devastating loss to those who are sidelined to fulfil quotas.

Crime statistics fiddled in 'target junkie' police culture
Date:
Wednesday, 09 April, 2014
A new report from the House of Commons Public Administration Committee claims that there is strong evidence that the police are under-recording crimes, with numerical targets giving officers a perverse incentive to mis-record offences.

According to The Independent, the MPs also called for the Chief Inspector of Constabulary to investigate the resignation of PC James Patrick from the Metropolitan Police, who has made public his concerns that the police were fiddling crime statistics.
www.crimeandjustice.org.uk...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All budding police whistleblowers should be aware James is now highly respected and happily employed in a convivial environment.

Also studying this book helps avoid problems while operating your motor vehicle. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Paul McKeever was murdered because he was protecting us.

Who's the enemy?

I hate to disappoint you, but you can be the fittest person in the world and suffer a brain embolism - it's not a respecter of your physical health, but please, must be a conspiracy mustn't it, after all nobody ever dies from natural causes.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Oh I know what you're saying. I adapt my behavior and discourse to get the most out of all situations. But in England I'm going to be hindered by driving in a bus lane etc They have targets to hit. This makes them unpredictable.

I'm assuming you aren't a bus driver so is there a reason you believe you are entitled to drive in a bus lane?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Hehe... I'm not even going to get into this one.

I'm really sorry for offending you by using a bus lane.

That said, have a good weekend my man!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It looks like Robin Hoods gaff,

I thought it was a new music style, neo liberal industrial techno
edit on 11-3-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Hehe... I'm not even going to get into this one.

I'm really sorry for offending you by using a bus lane.

That said, have a good weekend my man!

And the same to you!!

You didn't offend me though, it just strikes me that some people (not your good self of course) will complain about all number of things where the law is applied as they seem to think laws are only for other people and they get extremely vexed when they perceive others getting away with things that they believe they shouldn't.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Have you observed the timing?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join