It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'alternative to neo-liberal techno-industrial capitalist model of organisation' evicted, UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

They're too bloody lazy to make music. Rolling a spliff is a two man job for these wasters.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Isn't it a small world.

Here we've got one of the same characters who starred in this disinfo/provocateur/misleader video. www.abovetopsecret.com...
phoenixrainbow23.blogspot.co.uk...

yorkley court destruction & devastation yesterday. however people staying strong by the site. more people needed if you can make it. (nr stn: lydney)

He's calling for impressionable, mostly young people to drop themselves in it at Yorkley Farm.

As I've said my son overheard two conversations saying 'fight the police'.

He said there were two people working very hard and about thirty people sitting around smoking spliffs and putting dreads in each others hair.

I'm now convinced Yorkley Court Farm was set up by spooks to create a standoff situation.

What we are looking at is spook theatre.

We need more people to reoccupy Yorkley Court. We are facing some thuggish violence on the ground. This is an opportunity to show that people cannot be squashed by money and corruption. Although events yesterday were bad, we have a strong chance to hold onto the land if people try.
We hope that members of the local community will be able to come and give input into how you want the land to be used and defended.
en.squat.net...

More than a dozen people have been arrested following an eviction from a community farm in the Forest of Dean.
Some 20 people were moved off Yorkley Court Farm land by bailiffs on Thursday but the group returned to the site.
One arrest was made earlier on Friday but a further 14 people were taken into custody during the evening for aggravated trespass and affray.
Removing a woman who had cemented herself to a chimney formed part of the operation by Gloucestershire Police.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Armed police were called to a farm building at the centre of a three-year eviction battle after eco warriors moved back in and staged a rooftop protest yesterday.
www.westerndailypress.co.uk...
edit on 12 3 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Seven people have been charged by police after a group was evicted from a community farm in the Forest of Dean. Sixteen arrests were made on Friday (11 March) after some of the people returned to Yorkley Court Farm in Gloucestershire. Seven are accused of aggravated trespass, with one also charged with assaulting a police officer. They are due before Cheltenham magistrates on 29th April. Nine others were cautioned and released.
www.itv.com...

What has this achieved?

How will future eco-villages re-assure local communities?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: uncommitted

Have you observed the timing?

Absoutely no point in considering it. Literally this Friday a guy we know dropped dead just before his wedding, no known health concerns. If you want to find a conspiracy angle you can always find one - doesn't make it valid.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

What position did he hold? How many police and police supporters listened to him? What massive issue was he working on? Who were his extremely powerful enemies? Etc. Etc.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Tony Hargadon I have just read through the comments on here regarding 'the rightful owners' and 'where have they been up to now' 'why haven't they done anything until now' etc etc - you should be aware that the decedents were unaware of Yorkley Court up until 18 months ago when YCCF found them and informed us of its existance and its impending sale. Something the trustee of the estate failed to do despite 'trying' since the 70's! unfortunately we were to late to stop the sale which we were obviously devastated about. Make no mistake If it wasn't for the good work of YCCF and suppotive neighbours, then the decedents would be none the wiser.
www.facebook.com...

The story of Yorkley Court Farm
past, present and future
fodsamizdat.files.wordpress.com...

I'd like to see photographs of the solicitor who collected the rent for decades without contacting the descendants of the deceased owner. It would be good to know what he looks like.
edit on 14 3 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: woodwardjnr

They're too bloody lazy to make music. Rolling a spliff is a two man job for these wasters.

I know quite a few people in the UK protesting industry and would like to step in and defend a small section of them if I may.

Although you are correct that about 90% of these so called protesters are indeed lazy scrounging retards bumbling from place to place and talking about a revolution the other 10% are actually very hard working and determined people who are trying to make a stand against what they think is wrong with the world.

I met a guy last year who had been at Yorkley and he was anything but lazy, he had put a lot of his own time and money into it but he said there were too many "supporters" just mooching about living for free and hanging around the free food yet stragely absent when it came to the time to wash up or something needed building.

It is the same at other protest sites, one in particular in Scotland turns into a holiday camp in the summer time with people from all over the world turning up to talk about a revolution yet as soon as the weather starts getting bad it reverts back to the same 8 or 10 regulars to actually make sure it continues. A close friend of mine actually spent about 2 months in the middle of a Scottish winter on his own on a site in a shack when the fly by nighters all retreated to squats or went back to mummy and daddies and cut their dreadlocks off for an easy life.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

My son specified that the two he saw working were not just working hard but very hard.

The guy you met may be the same man mentioned in a conversation I had yesterday. His disappointment at lack of effort was relayed to me by an old friend of his.
edit on 14 3 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Had they slipped away and set up elsewhere there would have been no ruthless smash and burn eviction. What concerns me now is the reaction of other local communities to the news an eco-village has popped up in the area. Will the locals worry that it will all end with road blocks, helicopters and drastic action?

It looks to me like the nice idea was hijacked and set up for a bad ending.

vimeo.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join