It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enjoy watching Bernie destroy Hillary in the Univision Democratic Debate 3/9/16, I know I did!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nbondo

Wow.

You really aren't too bright, are you?

Jumping to conclusions based on one post in a thread you're merrily trolling, and calling people names.

Yep. You sure showed me, boy... I'm deeply impressed by the depth of analysis that you bring to the table. Trump should definitely consider you for his cabinet, if, God forbid, he gets elected.

If you knew anything about me at all, you'd know better than to accuse me of doing anything with facebook...

I would suggest you grow up some, before attempting further conversations with the adults. Bye, now.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What difference does that make now? It is what it is. You can either fight against it or not. I didn't vote in 2008 or 2012. Despair had me totally. Then Bernie showed up. So I dived into the boat and grabbed an oar.

I'm not going to try to convert you or anyone on ATS. I tend to gravitate toward the threads where I know I can feel the bern with others who feel the same way. Sure I'll do forum battle for him any day of the week but I'm not going to go out of my way to try to convince people who have given up.

If the man and the message aren't enough for you I certainly won't be. But I gotta tell ya feel the Bern is more than just a slogan. When you're feeling it all the nay-saying from "the old-folks who have been there and done that" bounces right off you. Bernie has been there and done that too and he's out there killing a grueling campaign for us.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

More power to ya.

It's quite obvious that your vote and mine will, if the circumstances warrant, cancel each other out. Oh, well.

But good on you for gettin' in a boat, which ever one.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nbondo

??? I see 4 gays a few fast food employees and some women's studies majors. Thanks for proving my point.

The real-life guy that insipired Gordon Gekko, the "greed is good" guy? Yeah, he just endorsed Sanders:

According to US Uncut, Asher Edelman, the man who inspired the character Gordon Gekko in Oliver Stone’s Wall Street, was “feeling the Bern” during an interview on CNBC’s Fast Money. When asked about the current political race and who he would choose to be the next president of the United States, Edelman did not hesitate.

“Bernie Sanders… No question.”

Read very carefully what this insanely profitable man said about Sanders during the interview:

“When you have the top one percent getting money, they spend five, ten percent of what they earn. When you have the lower end of the economy getting money, they spend a hundred, or a hundred and ten percent of what they earn. As you’ve had a transfer of wealth to the top, and a transfer of income to the top, you have a shrinking consumer base, basically, and you have a shrinking velocity of money.”

Link

That guy is certainly not a "bottom feeder" or fast food worker.

This probably deserves its own thread...
edit on 10-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: intrptr

Bernie Sanders will not be able to accomplish anything he is promising with a Congress like the one we've got. Those idiots will stop every single thing he tries to do. Who doesn't know that.

He will come and go as a lame duck.

Ted cruz and Rand Paul will be there every day reading from Dr. Seuss.

eta: Changes are going to have to start there, and we need to CLEAN HOUSE. But I don't see that happening. The two idiots from my state are going right back in, where they have been for the last 100 years.

Just remember, the entire federal House of Representatives is up for election this year. And one third of the Senate is, as well. So if the Trump and Bernie supporters are serious about driving out members of the establishment, all we have to do is show up for the November elections and prove it. We actually need to pay attention to the other candidates and pick candidates who'll make a difference, instead of complacently picking incumbents.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

All we have to do is show up in November and kick the incumbents out. It really is that damned easy, folks. Now picking the right person to replace said no-goodnick is something else entirely.

But we have to show up. Sixty percent isn't going to do it, folks. Seventy percent isn't going to do it. It's got to be as close to 100 percent as humanly possible.

If you don't do mail in balloting, make sure everyone you know can get to the polling stations. ...and don't worry about who they're going to vote for for President. There are many, many other issues that need deciding other than whose fundement is sitting behind the desk in the Oval Office. Local politics are what drive national politics.

November is going to go along ways towards deciding our future as a nation, even as a world. Shouldn't as many of us have a say as humanly possible???

Or you can stay home and watch Seinfeld reruns on Netflix, while the world goes on around you...or burns, as seems more likely these days. Hey, you can do your own version of Nero fiddling while Rome, the world, burns... Cool, huh?
edit on 3/10/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The reddit of the entire speech was actually more informative than what I heard and saw. Only because I kept throwing up every 10 minutes. No honestly had too much to drink before watching the debate.
And at the same time I could hear my drunk self thinking Hillary Clinton was the better option. But now that I have read through the responses in text I can clearly see where the line has been drawn.

The entire debate Bernie Sanders truly did wait until the absolute last debate to pull out those big guns.

Hillary should be happy he waited until last night to drop his bombs on her. She should value Bernie Sanders' friendship honorably. Seeing Hillary's words versus Bernie's you can clearly tell who came across as clear and direct on the real issues facing our country.

Bernie Sanders said a lot of things centered around big money interest. Hillary Clinton used words to "keep things where they are."

I'm not against Obama but how things are right now could be fixed a lot sooner with Sanders in office.

Bernie won in my mind, heart, soul, and ears.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

wait for it, wait for it

PANDERING! DISHONEST PANDERING!

They labelled it "Hispandering" in the debate.
And he did very well -
it wasn't "pandering" - it was common sense and genuine values that he's fought for all his life.

Hillary is a tool.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Conveniently there are lists of Berniecrats running for office on the interwebz
More are declaring every day it feels like.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

*grins* let's do this! I can raise a tankard to canceling each other out!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Done.

I came to the conclusion some time ago that I couldn't care less about my vote getting cancelled out by another, that means there's at least one other person that cares enough to get out and vote.

So, yep, I'll hoist one with you, and we'll go on disagreeing, 'til one day to the shock of us both, we agree on something. Which we probably do anyway, but it sounded good.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I agree 100%. I encourage everyone to vote, even when I disagree with their views. We literally have to get out of our collective complacency if we ever want to break the status quo. It would work even better if we can focus on the things we share in common rather than continuing to focus on the wedge issues that are literally promoted to divide us.

It may sound weird, but I'd even rather a Green Party vs Libertarian battle in Congress than a Dem vs Repub battle. But they'd have to be smart and not allow themselves to be co-opted by the Dem & Repub establishments in the process.

originally posted by: Malynn

Conveniently there are lists of Berniecrats running for office on the interwebz
More are declaring every day it feels like.

Hmm, really? That's really good to hear. If you have the time, could you shoot me/us a link or give a catchphrase to look up? I think that kind of info can be invaluable. I'm already looking into voting for the most progressive candidates that will be in my districts but nearly nothing has been decided yet.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I will totally do that tomm. About to head out to dinner and I'm on my phone but I'll post it in this thread.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

They always start wars that way, with a 'hit' on our infrastructure.

Remember the Alamo, Remember Fort Sumter, remember Custer, Remember the Maine, Remember the RMS Lusitania, Pearl harbor, Gulf of Tonkin and yes… 911.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

So if the Trump and Bernie supporters are serious about driving out members of the establishment, all we have to do is show up for the November elections and prove it.

Meh, politicians don't run anything. Imagine a pig farm with fat pigs all in stalls milling about doing pig things, waiting to be fed at the trough.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

They always start wars that way, with a 'hit' on our infrastructure.

Remember the Alamo, Remember Fort Sumter, remember Custer, Remember the Maine, Remember the RMS Lusitania, Pearl harbor, Gulf of Tonkin and yes… 911.

I specified modern wars.

But, no way do any of those come close to the repeated invasions of countries overseas.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

So, now you've jumped in years after the GOP has gained power and control

What if they had never gotten that power and control?

The "game" has changed

The game is not about democrats or republicans. Both parties are corrupt to the core and owned whole sale by their elite masters. Puppets on strings is all they are.

Sanders has always been independent. Him along with Ron Paul are quite literally the only two politicians I have ever seen eye to eye with. Also not worthy is Elizabeth Warren.

The reason I support Sanders is quite simple, he is genuine. You can take the time to look back at any of his many CSPAN videos and see him consistently support the people and criticizing the corrupt corporate influence, for decades.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

But we have to show up. Sixty percent isn't going to do it, folks. Seventy percent isn't going to do it. It's got to be as close to 100 percent as humanly possible.

So if the Trump and Bernie supporters are serious about driving out members of the establishment, all we have to do is show up for the November elections and prove it.

I would like to thank you both for emphasizing this point.

The election has proven that on both sides of the political spectrum are fed up with the establishment and their impotence. In fact the presidential election is meaningless when you factor in the importance of holding congressmen/senators accountable. They have gotten used to their cushy existence of staying in the background.

What an effective method of control focusing the population on only the presidential election cycle. I echo both of your calls for action this year, it is imperative that people get off the ass. Each state has its own 3rd or 4th party candidate to find in their local elections!

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmThursday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join