It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is Bob Lazar Not a Respected Figure?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I mean honestly, why would he speak of things as a fact and then distance himself from it as you say he has. 

Again, that does not make him a charlatan. If anything, it gives him credit. Obviously, he did not do this for attention, as he clearly distanced himself from it. He did not like the attention, and that is obvious.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Or, he was busted in a lie.

Nah. That can't be it.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Or, he was busted in a lie.

Nah. That can't be it.

What lie?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom
This man was one of the first, if not the first to be so open on video with such big claims, 1989. That's huge to have been speaking with such detail and precision. This man is seen as a fraudster/hoaxer/lier, a man who lied and threw his life and reputation away for absolutely nothing, or so it would seem. People speak of him in such a manner as if anything or any mention of him should be completely discarded. Now I can't say I'm a thorough investigator or anything of the sort especially on the topic of UFO/Aliens. However it irks my soul to see people proclaiming

4) He spoke also of the texture and believed composition of the craft and how he believe it was made. Now bare with me, many of you will probably jump at this, but his choice of words are fairly important. It comes off fairly natural, he explained what he believed it to be "I assumed it was metal because it was, Cold to the touch" "Stainless steel wasn't shine" "I can't really reflect on how it made me feel but that was exciting". Hoaxers tend to go to the extreme, he'd explain so thoroughly what the craft was made of what it felt like and how it made him feel. The way he spoke somewhat shows he had a mesmerizing moment. However many people as stated before won't agree with that and that's fine.

5) He personally stated in his interview that he believes there were many more far more qualified than him to do such a project and could easily recommend a few off the back of his hand. But when a whistle blower sets his lips upon that whistle and let that air from his/her lung flow, who do you believe would be the one deemed crazy and the one taken seriously. A reputed scientist or an unknown man. Confiding in people is hard, even as the government you can never stop someone from speaking so get someone you know you can debase easily.

Anyways all this is just to say, hey this guy came forward spoke it all, said some things that seemed like magic and supported thousands of persons who have seen impossible craft doing impossible maneuvers. You tell people what you've seen and they give you that skeptic look, waiting for you to shut up. Keep in mind, we cannot confirm ourselves to be the most advanced human beings that have ever lived. Our specie has existed for 2 million years, and in just ~100 ye
Moral: Stop trying to discredit your fellow mates and support them, try to help them prove what they are saying and increase awarene

Because if you have a little physics knowledge you can see Lazar was full of crap.

It's important to understand that he was not at all "speaking with such detail and precision". If you can get that you'll understand why he's a slimeball. His science was uninformed ramblings that immediately gives away he's full of crap.
If there is a subject you specialize in, whatever it may be, then you know what it's like when someone tries to fake knowledge on the subject. If you are not a scientist or educated in physics then you might consider what people who ARE educated have to say. Rather than just thinking Lazar seems as if he knows what he's talking about.

If someone was claiming to be able to speak Aramaic would you just say "sounds like Aramaic, must be true" or would you wait to see what someone who also spoke the language had to say?

He specifically said element 115 had properties that warped space-time. It doesn't, it's just another element that decays in a nano-second.

He said there are 2 gravities, gravity A which is our gravity theory and gravity B which he went on to describe a force we know as the strong force. This is meaningless. It looks like he read one pop-sci quantum physics book and learned about the strong force and then applied it to his "gravity B" crap to sound smart. He sounds like an idiot.

The alien craft warps space-time (so the alien craft just happens to utilize our current sic-fi mode of space travel WOW what a coincidence) using element 115 as fuel and gravity B - which is the strong force, does.....well he never said, he just said there are 2 versions of gravity but doesn't explain why this matters.

He has never ever spoke in a manner even remotely close to someone who was an actual scientist. Had someone ever come up to him at a conference and asked any type of technical question on gravity he would have been unable to answer.

The fact that he didn't ask for money is meaningless. Some people are pathological lying sociopaths who just want attention at any expense. When your 21 and haven't seen this a lot yet it's easy to think these people are legit. After a few decades of witnessing how crazy and straight up frauds people often are it's easier to understand.

Or he could have been hoping his fame would land him a book deal but he simply never got to that level.
Do you know for a fact how much $$$ he did or didn't make doing interviews?
When he does seminars at a ufo conference, do you think that possibly now and then some ufo enthusiast woman (or man, whatever he's into) might just be impressed by his fame and status enough to chat him up. Maybe get a drink, go back to his room and talk about some super-secret ufo lore.....see what I mean? It could be worth it just to enjoy a minor celebrity status.
Of course then in an interview you say "oh I've gained nothing, I made no money on this, I wish I never said anything..." you say that because guess what, people will believe you. The idea that he threw his life away is absurd.
He's a nerdy awkward guy who probably got much more attention than he would have otherwise.

If you want to see bullshido at it's best read John Lears ramblings. You might think that since his dad invented the Lear jet John might be some sort of straight up guy. But he makes a pathological liar look like Abraham Lincoln.
It's worth noting that Lear is buddies with Lazar.

It's funny you mention religion because this is the basis of religions also - people making crap up and swearing to everyone they are telling the truth.

Also Lazar claimed to be a scientist and it's been shown he isn't in the yearbook at the institute he attended??
His claim is that the gov ERASED his yearbook entry?? He's getting crap because he got caught in a lie.
Do you understand that a civilian hired to work on a ufo craft would be extremely qualified. A PHD in 1 or more areas.
Lazar can show no credentials.
This is what the Christian church initially said - the devil went ahead in time and made it look like Christianity was copied from the pagan mystery religions?!
This is the same lies, just a modern version.

People coming out with crap like this are HURTING the ufo field. There are people in high places who are interested in ufos and want science to take it more serious.
With losers like Phillip Corso, Lazar and John Lear as well as unscrupulous authors like Stanton Freidman and that crazy lady who writes about crop circles even though people are admitting to doing them, the ufo field will remain about as legit as the big foot field.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Ok I listened to that interview, it's worse than the one I was familiar with.

When asked what gravity is he answers in a way that a gravity physicist would simply never ever say,

"Gravity is hard to explain" "We don't understand, not much is known, there are many theories" This is not what a physicist would say. Then before even mentioning general relativity (he never does by name) he starts talking about the theory of gravitons and then the theory that gravity is an electromagnetic wave (?). WTF?

Then it gets worse:
"Gravity is a force, it's uh, it's the attraction, well it's the inherent property of matter to have gravity, a mutual attraction for each other, that's basically all we know"

If at this point anyone still believes he's a physicist ...

But it gets worse, after explaining more false concepts about gravity he finally puts the whole issue to rest:

"Element 115 is stable. For those familiar with chemistry we know elements with higher numbers have shorter and shorter half lives. However, when you reach a certain point, they call it the island of stability.... where the atom is stable, the nucleus is geometrically stable with protons and neutrons, it no longer decays. It's no longer radioactive, ELEMENT 115 IS THIS ELEMENT."

So there you go. We have synthesized 115, it is not stable. He also said it defies the law of thermodynamics. It does not.
This is why Bob Lazar gets #. He's a lying fu@&ing ass@%$le who sits there with a straight face and makes crap up.

By the way, this interview is an entire program that was sold to one of the networks back in the day. Why anyone would think he didn't get paid well for this...his contract probably gave him a percentage if not just a one time fee.
This isn't even a tv program so how obvious it it that he came out with a bunch of lies and then hired a crew to make this documentary, got a manager or publisher who shopped it around until it was picked up by whatever network aired it. It's a cash grab, he didn't care if they would synthesize element 115 in 10 years. It was a quick scam and who knows what other interviews and lectures he got booked for after this?
What an as@#$hat.

edit on 30-11-2017 by joelr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: joelr

The fact that he didn't ask for money is meaningless. Some people are pathological lying sociopaths who just want attention at any expense. When your 21 and haven't seen this a lot yet it's easy to think these people are legit. After a few decades of witnessing how crazy and straight up frauds people often are it's easier to understand. 

I am working, so can only answer the quote above. What you said above does not make sense. He did not crave attention, as after the initial interviews, he distanced himself from it and tried to move on, so the "pathological lying sociopaths" falls short.

Also, I would like to add, calling him a pathological lying sociopath is a bit harsh! But this is the problem with this subject. If you have debunkers, some will look at people like Lazar as if they are the most evil men in the world lol It is quite sad in itself, but just the way it is.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

This is an impressive post. May I as what are your scientific credentials ?

edit on 1-12-2017 by play4keeps because: left out a word

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
cause he sucks

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
cause he sucks

Great answer there!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Although im dubious of lazar if viewed from the right conspiracy angle some of what he says could make sense.

The conspiracy being he did work on the craft. Does know what hes talking about but used allegory and fictional devices to toe the line close enough to the real thing to send out a warning to his handlers. Get them uneasy but then change up the truth to skirt legal dangers of violating his SF312. That or he was hired to intentionally send people down the wrong rabbit holes. Which that community does ALL THE TIME. Fuschet, bennawitz, delonge, lazar, and many others.

His notion of gravity a and gravity b. Gravity a sounds like our normal understanding of gravity. Gravity b sounds like hes alluding and hinting to magnetogravitic effects via superconductors that have been a subject of study and programs with the us military for some time now.

Element 215 could be a place holder for some type of supercondzctor.

The near 100 percent efficient photovoltaic lining to the "reactor" sounds like hints at los alamos nanospectroscopy departments work under victor klimov whos been developing nano sized vastly more efficient solar cells.

The gravity focuses sounds like allusions to podkletnovs work.

The kalston tube wave guide in the center from the reactor to an external antenna sounds like a waveguide for magnetic induction between the "reactor" (superconductor) and and external magnetic field.

The story about being able to produce anti matter in quantity on demand. I wont get into that but safe to say thats not a problem either.

Lazar could be a purposeful red herring put out there to throw everyone off. Or he could have ibtentionally danced around the real technology as a way of warning off his handlers.

Who knows.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The Air Force creating multiple excuses for Roswell until they hit upon one they thought would dismiss enough of the story to blow it off hardly disproves it. There is far too much proof something other than a balloon crashed in Roswell. This isn't a thread about Roswell though.

Lazar I've always felt is a liar - far, far too many red flags covered up by feeble "the government wiped out my education and work history" excuses. Off on element 115, faked badge, SSN mixup on a form that was dated the wrong year for when he supposedly worked, state taxes supposedly filed in Nevada, that doesn't have state taxes, etc. - there is just too much "wrong" about his stories, and not nearly enough substance. I think he invented all of it. At best, I think he worked for a very short period as a technician or something, was let go because he coudln't get a clearance, and that was it.

A couple have vouched for him, so I suppose there is a slim chance there is something there. I just doubt that there is.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
The Air Force creating multiple excuses for Roswell until they hit upon one they thought would dismiss enough of the story to blow it off hardly disproves it. There is far too much proof something other than a balloon crashed in Roswell. This isn't a thread about Roswell though.

Lazar I've always felt is a liar - far, far too many red flags covered up by feeble "the government wiped out my education and work history" excuses. Off on element 115, faked badge, SSN mixup on a form that was dated the wrong year for when he supposedly worked, state taxes supposedly filed in Nevada, that doesn't have state taxes, etc. - there is just too much "wrong" about his stories, and not nearly enough substance. I think he invented all of it. At best, I think he worked for a very short period as a technician or something, was let go because he coudln't get a clearance, and that was it.

A couple have vouched for him, so I suppose there is a slim chance there is something there. I just doubt that there is.

But did they deny he worked there, when actually it turned out that he did?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

I am working, so can only answer the quote above. What you said above does not make sense. He did not crave attention, as after the initial interviews, he distanced himself from it and tried to move on, so the "pathological lying sociopaths" falls short.

Also, I would like to add, calling him a pathological lying sociopath is a bit harsh! But this is the problem with this subject. If you have debunkers, some will look at people like Lazar as if they are the most evil men in the world lol It is quite sad in itself, but just the way it is.

First off Lazar did not distance himself right away, he did interviews with Popular Science, Wired and he's been interviewed for other programs as well.
Lazar approached George Knapp with his fictional story and they collaborated on making that "documentary". Then he took every opportunity that came his way after it was aired by whatever network picked it up.
Where do you get the idea he distanced himself?

He was paid for all of those appearances which was obviously his intent with making the film. I'm sure he did every interview ever offered. A few are still on youtube but who knows how many appearances he made back in the day??
So the distancing himself theory just isn't true.

Now he did eventually distance himself. Right after he was prosecuted for pandering a prostitute. He wasn't just caught paying for sex he was actually helping pimp her out on his computer. That's why he disappeared.

In his tv interviews at least two separate times he called himself a physicist. This is a lie. His claim of attending MIT was also shown to be a lie. His court documents show him to be professionally doing something with film. A film processor or something.

So calling him a pathological lying sociopath may be harsh but it's also true. He's bastardized the entire ufo field and made it look ridiculous well into the 2000's. Now that enough time has passed he's back hoping his lies and court troubles will be forgotten so he can CONTINUE to make a fool out of the ufo scene.
He must feel there are a whole new generation of folks to be fooled.

I know he's now acting all humble and saying he gained nothing and blah blah blah,, what the heck else would he say if he's going to continue his charade. The fact that he's still stacking lies up even after getting caught is pretty good evidence for pathological crazy-man behavior. That's what they do, they lie and they manipulate by using unusually good acting skills. Or he's looking to get bookings at a conference

I don't think he's evil I just think the facts about him should be known.
edit on 1-12-2017 by joelr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: play4keeps

This is an impressive post. May I as what are your scientific credentials ?

Thank you.

I didn't go to M.I.T. or work at Area 51.

I'm not a physicist if that's what you are wondering. So I can't debunk Lazar as a professional and I'm no good with the tensor math of General Relativity. But conceptually it's not all that complicated and Lazar did not come close to showing an understanding of gravity or any physics at all.

His expose on gravity was just horrible but if someone was not familiar with the basic concepts of modern gravity it would sound passable.
edit on 1-12-2017 by joelr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom

1) Bob made reference to element 115 in 1989, was first synthesized in 2003, at the time he was stating this, only up to 112 was confirmed. He also stated to synthesize a usable amount is virtually impossible.
- He spoke with depth of how it was used to power craft, people go ahead and try to disprove it as if they have powered or have experience in the field. He was reverse engineering. He didn't make a claim and not go in detail. He seemed pretty confident in what he was saying.

Element 115 existing is meaningless. Can you show me where element 115 has the properties Lazar described?

It doesn't. In fact, 115 is unstable and it having been created is proof Lazar was lying, since it is unstable, can not be pressed into discs, and since it has been created we know it has none of the unique gravitational properties Lazar said it has.

Lazar is a proven liar.

The material he spoke of he said it was "given" to us, so it didn't come from this solar system. (I'm not advocating his story is true), I'm just addressing what was said, and what it means in that context. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the isotopes of 115 here on this planet made here in a cyclotron that are not stable. The "stable" 115 he claims was real has more neutrons than earthly synthesized element 115 which has been theorized to be possibly stable at higher mid range neutron numbers.

Your claim that what he said about it being stable being a lie only because man made 115 is not stable has nothing to do with reality according to his claims. Now I understand what you are trying to say, but it isn't within the context of his claims, and it doesn't fit real science.. Of course this isn't really about reality anyways, it's about trashing someone you hate because you perceive him as a liar and a fraud which is your right. But when people trash someone out of some need for spite, they don't really care about the truth and all the inter-relationships of what is actually known in all the related sciences of the matter.. Just say you don't believe him and leave it at that, rather than using faulty science explanations trying to illustrate that point.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I just found this page, it has lot's of Lazar info:
www.dreamlandresort.com...

Regarding his motivations, this page shows he filed for bankruptcy right before he came out with his story.
He then made many many appearances and even had a VHS tape for sale!!!
Then, there was a movie deal in the works with New Line cinema with a 10 million dollar budget!!!

Who said he disappeared after telling his story?? He most certainly did not, see I knew it!

Then let's just see what a physicist has to say, I have not read it, it will mirror what I've said. I hope:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The moment I heard that he could'nt trace his self (where he used to work ect.), I knew he was telling the truth. They did a history wipe to try and discredit him.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

well not him itself, but his story is full of holes
and i have heard he stole his idea of ufo propulsion from an author from the 50's

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join