It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is Bob Lazar Not a Respected Figure?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

I don't call him a crackpot, I call him a liar and do you really think he could have commuted between classes at Pierce College in California and MIT in Massachusetts? He would have had to for his claims to be true...

He could do it if he had an anti-gravity craft powered by element 115.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: Phage

Some ATSers should stable their high horses and open their minds.

If you want me to drink give me some water. Don't put a pile of diarrhea in a cup and tell me to be open minded about it.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

a reply to: Phage

Some ATSers should stable their high horses and open their minds.

If you want me to drink give me some water. Don't put a pile of diarrhea in a cup and tell me to be open minded about it.

Beautiful.

I need to remember that line.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Thanks

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
my biggest problem with Lazar is that he says one thing but then goes on to describe something else entirely.

like the componants of his sport model. Klystron tubes, "amplifyers" three dangling pods underneath composed of stacked plates.

sounds more like he's describing the setup for a Phase Displaced Electro Dynamic Thruster of some sort.
edit on 11-3-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You made my point. Thank you

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Not all claims made by people should be accepted as being equal to each other in some misguided attempt to say that it is open minded to do so.

Lazar's claims are not blindly being discarded out-of-hand by some skeptics just because they want to be skeptical. Rather, some people have looked at Lazar's claims, investigated those claims, and found them to be seriously lacking.

That's not being closed-minded; instead that's applying critical thought, reasoning, and knowledge to the claims. In fact, I would say the more closed-minded person is the one who blindly wants to accept Lazar's claims even though he has no corroborating evidence, has a story containing inconsistencies, and goes against scientific knowledge.

It seems some people want to believe Lazar only because they want to believe that the things Lazar claims really do exist. That's not being open minded, but it's being blinded by desire.

edit on 3/11/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Bob Lazar. This guy???

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You didnt make a point my friend. None of you posts really do. All you do is go against very well established physics/maths/chemistry (which gave you all you have by the way) with absolutely nothing to back up your claims. But then you have the gall to call us slaves to science or einstein cheerleaders etc, just because we...shock horror....UNDERSTAND that stuff.

So, no, you have made no point and Occum certainly did not prove whatever you think it was.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
As you can see, the topic of Bob Lazar is a highly controversial subject that will never truly go away. Personally, I've done research and I'm convinced he's telling the truth, but I respect other peoples' opinions on why they think he's a fraud.

And I assure all of you, Bob doesn't care if you believe him either, so the feeling's mutual.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Bob Lazar. This guy???

I generally don't like rational wiki but their section for Bob Lazar's proof of claims is hysterical.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crisis
As you can see, the topic of Bob Lazar is a highly controversial subject that will never truly go away. Personally, I've done research and I'm convinced he's telling the truth, but I respect other peoples' opinions on why they think he's a fraud.

And I assure all of you, Bob doesn't care if you believe him either, so the feeling's mutual.

Hear hear!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

There may be some evidence that he possibly was an employee of the government in some capacity in or near Area 51/Edwards AFB, but that's about all I know about his claims that can (sort of) be corroborated.

Other than that, what has your own research shown that makes you think he is telling the truth? I ask this because the simple idea that he may have been employed by the government in some capacity is surely not enough reason to necessarily believe his claims, especially considering the seemingly poor understanding of science that he has included in those claims.

edit on 3/11/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

If you think he is telling the truth then, im sorry, but you have not done any research. You have looked on conspiracy sites and not done any browsing on the actual science. If you had actually researched his claims truthfully, you would see...well, the truth.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Oh but I have, my dear friend, moreso than those typical conspiracy sites you mention. I'm not about to sit here & type a 3-post essay on all the research I've done, because it seems you & several other members' minds here are already made up. So it doesn't really matter what I say, does it? I don't have to prove it to you or anyone else, but myself.

You & others have come to your own conclusions about Bob, and I have come to mine. There's nothing wrong with that.

Lets just agree to disagree, no hard feelings dude

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Oh but I have, my dear friend, moreso than those typical conspiracy sites you mention. I'm not about to sit here & type a 3-post essay on all the research I've done, because it seems you & several other members' minds here are already made up. So it doesn't really matter what I say, does it? I don't have to prove it to you or anyone else, but myself.

You & others have come to your own conclusions about Bob, and I have come to mine. There's nothing wrong with that.

Lets just agree to disagree, no hard feelings dude

The trouble is that your conclusions on him are based on incorrect info. As I said. I made up my mind not blindly but from 3 years of university physics and a lifetime of deep passion for science.

I'm not guessing that he is wrong..I know. We all know. Anyone who knows a little physics knows he's lying.

I'm sorry you wasted your time researching bogus info.

But no hard feeling goes without saying man, I don't take ATS that seriously to harbour grudges.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I don't think it's wise to assume something about someone that you have no information on. You're assuming I have incorrect info based on your own research, which is fine I guess. The case of Bob Lazar isn't as black-or-white as many make it to be; you're convinced it is, and I have reason to believe otherwise, that's all I'm saying. At this point it's almost similar to an atheist trying to convince a theist, and vice-versa. That's how it usually goes around here though, haha

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The case of Bob Lazar isn't as black-or-white as many make it to be;

Yes it is, it boils down to the very simple question.... Exactly when did he get his degree, and where did he get it from....

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
There is without a doubt some truth to his story.

The government succeeded in erasing some parts of his history, which in turn, made him seem like a cook. That, coupled with his odd personality, sealed the deal for most closed minded skeptics...

This is his website, very interesting, you can buy death ray components and even a element 115 T-shirt---

unitednuclear.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
The government succeeded in erasing some parts of his history,

They did? Any evidence for that claim?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join