It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary takes Mississippi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hillary not only took Mississippi but she destroyed the opposition. With 99.9% reporting (what's up with the .1%?) Hillary has 82.6% of the vote.

Even with the loss in Michigan, Hillary took 100 delegates to Bernie's 70 with 18 left to be allocated, whatever that means.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Not sure what's worse....

Hillary or Mississippi.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Delegates are an abomination to all things democratic.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

That got me curious about total votes so far for all caucuses and primaries combined. Double check me if you want because I am tired and am not guaranteeing 100% accuracy.

Hillary 4,942,268
Bernie 3,294,333

Hillary is 1,647,935 votes ahead of Bernie. So even if delegates weren't counted, Hillary has a huge lead in total votes.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Bernie is actually doing better because of the delegates. He has about 40% of total votes but about 41% of pledged delegates.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I didn't crunch the numbers but I wondered if total votes correlated to the # of delegates. Anyway, point was that people can't complain that Bernie would be winning if it weren't for delegates. Either way Hillary is far ahead.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

That got me curious about total votes so far for all caucuses and primaries combined. Double check me if you want because I am tired and am not guaranteeing 100% accuracy.

Hillary 4,942,268
Bernie 3,294,333

Hillary is 1,647,935 votes ahead of Bernie. So even if delegates weren't counted, Hillary has a huge lead in total votes.

In all honesty, I don't know why we're even debating this. The fix is in, Hillary is the Bildergerer choice. Trump has always been a big Clinton supporter and soon you have the appearance of having a choice between status quo Hillary or off the rails Trump. So Viva Hillary! America is great. Three cheers for Hillary! I can't wait for Chelsea to run!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Hillary 4,942,268
Bernie 3,294,333

In all honesty, I don't know why we're even debating this. The fix is in, Hillary is the Bildergerer choice. Trump has always been a big Clinton supporter and soon you have the appearance of having a choice between status quo Hillary or off the rails Trump. So Viva Hillary! America is great. Three cheers for Hillary! I can't wait for Chelsea to run!

#1 because Bernie Sanders supporters made a big deal of a supposed huge victory in Michigan (a thread was made on it while nobody made a big deal about Hillary's landslide victory in Mississippi until I made this thread) when Hillary got almost as many delegates as he did. And at the time I posted, she had more. The unallocated delegates have been assigned and Bernie wound up with more though. But Bernie supporters are always going on about how the system is rigged and if it wasn't for delegates, he'd be winning. That brings me to #2. Hillary is winning in total votes. By a lot. So even if it wasn't for the delegates, Hillary would be winning. So it appears the system is working. The person with the most support has the most delegates.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It always appeared that Sanders was ahead in the northern, northwest and midwest states and Hillary had the south. Most of the southern primaries have already been completed so it looks like Sanders could catch up pretty quickly in the next couple of weeks. Michigan could be a harbinger of things to come in Ohio and a few other big states. It ain't over till the fat lady sings, as they say.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I don't see how Bernie could win if he narrowly wins like he did in Michigan. He needs blowouts like Hillary did in Mississippi.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I don't see how Bernie could win if he narrowly wins like he did in Michigan. He needs blowouts like Hillary did in Mississippi.

He's still gaining on her and you've got the other "rust belt" primaries and there is still so much left to do. The only reason Hillary is so far ahead is the "super delegates" Those insiders Hillary has already bought and paid for. If you whittle it down to voters and real delegates it's much closer and very doable. Remember that nobody though Sanders was going to win any of the southern primaries anyway. it's not a shock to anyone that she won like she did...and Sander's strength was always the later primaries and caucuses still to come. There is still hope. A lot of hope.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

If you look at a previous post, I show that Hillary is over 1.6 million votes ahead of Bernie. That's not even close.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

If you look at a previous post, I show that Hillary is over 1.6 million votes ahead of Bernie. That's not even close.

Again, though the Southern primaries are her strong point, the northern primaries favor Sanders with many of those yet to come. It's certainly not even close to being over.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Hillary 4,942,268
Bernie 3,294,333

#1 because Bernie Sanders supporters made a big deal of a supposed huge victory in Michigan (a thread was made on it while nobody made a big deal about Hillary's landslide victory in Mississippi until I made this thread) when Hillary got almost as many delegates as he did. And at the time I posted, she had more. The unallocated delegates have been assigned and Bernie wound up with more though. But Bernie supporters are always going on about how the system is rigged and if it wasn't for delegates, he'd be winning. That brings me to #2. Hillary is winning in total votes. By a lot. So even if it wasn't for the delegates, Hillary would be winning. So it appears the system is working. The person with the most support has the most delegates.

You know what? I just don't give a damn anymore!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Hillary 4,942,268
Bernie 3,294,333

You know what? I just don't give a damn anymore!

Bully for you. A lot of people do give a damn.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

You realize there are 5+ million registered Dems in Los Angeles County, CA alone right?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

You realize there are 5+ million registered Dems in Los Angeles County, CA alone right?

What does that have to do with the OP?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Mississippi is ultimately irrelevant to a potential DEM president. Their electoral college votes inevitably go red, and have in every single presidential election since 1980. Hillary's victory there is phyriic at best. At worse, it lends a sense of inevitability to a campaign that hasn't even BEGUN to prove it can win the blue vote in states that actually vote blue in presidential elections.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Are you upset that Hillary won? People made a big deal about Bernie squeeking by in Michigan but Mississippi is brushed off because Hillary won big.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Upset? Nah, I'll vote Blue either way.

Irrelevant was the word I used, and I stand by it. With apologies to friendly Dems in Mississippi, her "win" there means little to nothing at all with regard to how this may play out once we get into the meat and potatoes of primary season.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join