It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Clancy's 'The Division' Launches Tonight!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

Your player is pretty much universal, there's no 'class' type. But, you're free to focus on upgrading the medial wing of the HQ as too gain more medic specific abilities like healing your squadmates.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Nah, wasn't planning on taking on the Dark Zone alone. I was ideally hoping to get my husband roped into playing with me, but he's not a huge shooter person. He's intrigued by the possibility of using gadgets/turrets/grenades and playing more of a control-oriented game, and that might hook him in some if it's possible.

However, at the moment, his computer needs at least a CPU upgrade in order to cope, so I'd be playing and learning the ropes on my own.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Adamant Computers couldn't recommend them enough, they custom build from pretty much every major commercial part manufacturer at just above cost and offer warranties.

That and PCpartpicker.com to crosscheck component compatibility and prices.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
a reply to: ketsuko

Adamant Computers couldn't recommend them enough, they custom build from pretty much every major commercial part manufacturer at just above cost and offer warranties.

That and PCpartpicker.com to crosscheck component compatibility and prices.

We use partpicker. All we should have to do is pick out his processor and drop in a new one. We planned ahead!

His GPU and other hardware should all be capable, not great, but capable.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Ya I meant that I'm going to focus on medical talents/skills/perks as I level up. Do you think you can eventually level up enough to unlock & skill up everything?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Not sure, in theory maybe, but you can only equip a couple perks at a time as well as pieces of equipment. So you'd still be limited to that, although you'd have the freedom to choose.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Is anyone playing? I'm getting a message that the game is down?

Update: I finally got in, watched the intro cinematic, black screen.... Disconnected

Load up again, get in first try, forced to watch cinematic (you can't skip it), .....disconnected

Third times the charm? This intro cine was cool the first time but...
edit on 8-3-2016 by Esoterotica because: (no reason given)

11th time was the charm lol

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Heh, I loved running around the Dark Zone as a lone-wolf.

However, it was funny, the number of people using the open voice chat to talk in their little parties..

Defiantly amusing when they are trying to setup an ambush on you too.. Especially when you flip the tables on them and kill them both for their loot. (After they have shot at you first, so you don't get tagged as a rogue).

I wouldn't suggest lone-wolfing the dark zone, but if you sneaky enough, or bad-ass enough, you can hold your own.

Definitely will be picking this game up Friday.. (PC-Player here.. Message me, perhaps we can team up..).

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Ahhh ubisoft. I had the same problem in the uk

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
well I out lasted the servers being down, got back in and all my friends lost their progress, but I got lucky thankfully. Man, I wish I had more gas in me, but all in moderation I suppose, got to lvl 7.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I just hit 6. Too tired to continue lol.
Briefly tried a mission on Hard mode, I kind of hate the mechanic where your bullets heal the enemy & only way to damage them are head shots. Seems to apply to certain bosses on normal mode also.

The enemies on hard all seemed to have this OP ability to be magically healed by bullets.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So the special heal from bullets seems to go away after a certain amount of damage is done by headshots? It's hard to tell exactly how the mechanic works. Anyone have any ideas?

Sidenote: The sniper rifles in this game are soo fricken awesome.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Video game talk on a conspiracy forum, I love it.
I hit level 30 in ~30 hours. Finished every side quest. Not bothering with completionist crap like cell phones, echos, agents etc. Now only thing to do is dailies & dark zone farming. Challenge Modes are fun but not worth doing over dark zone unless it's one of the daily mission.

Dark Zone is actually quite boring & very difficult to do solo or even with 2 people. The enemies are also far too sparse, too much run simulation going on. Luckily not a lot of people are there yet so not much competition for kill xp.

I started a new character to keep at level 19 & twink him. I got him to level 5 & was already bored lol!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join