It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twelve new arrests over Cliven Bundy standoff include Trump campaigner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The feds have been painfully slow to act against the scofflaw Bundy clan and their associates over the April 2014 cattle round-up turned armed standoff, but arrests have been coming at a steady pace now.

These latest 12 federal arrests include two more Bundy boys (Mel and Davey) and the co-chair for the New Hampshire Trump campaign. All of these arrests are connected to the April 2014 Bundy stand-off with the Bureau of Land Management.

For those keeping score at home, there are a total of 6 Bundy's currently incarcerated:
Cliven, age 69, 2014 stand-off
Ammon, age 40, Malheur takeover and 2014 stand-off
Ryan, age 43, Malheur takeover and 2014 stand-off
Davey, age 39, 2014 stand-off
Mel, age 41, 2014 stand-off
Cliven Lance, age 35, burglary and drug charges source

The trump organizer arrested is Jerry DeLemus, age 61.

DeLemus, a Tea Party activist, was present at the 2014 standoff and also traveled to the Oregon occupation this year. The Guardian interviewed DeLemus on multiple occasions at the Oregon refuge in January, and the rightwing activist repeatedly said he was there to try to help negotiate a peaceful resolution.

Last July, Trump announced DeLemus as a co-chair of his “Veterans for Trump” coalition in New Hampshire. His wife, Susan DeLemus, a Republican state representative, did not respond to requests for comment on Thursday.

DeLemus also made headlines last year when he proposed a “Draw Muhammad” art contest as part of an anti-Muslim demonstration.

The Guardian
edit on 3/6/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/6/2016 by Olivine because: wrong first name

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

This is called mudslinging, and is the EXACT reason Trump is doing so well.

Throwing enough crap at a wall and hoping some of it sticks...and it's failing miserably.

Don't worry though, Romney is there to save the GOP!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
There were a total of 19 new indictments handed down, that included the 12 arrested in 5 states on Thursday, 3 March 2016.

Federal officials identified others arrested Thursday as: Blaine Cooper of Humboldt, Arizona; Eric J. Parker and Steven A. Stewart, both of Hailey, Idaho; O. Scott Drexler of Challis, Idaho; Richard R. Lovelien of Westville, Oklahoma; Todd C. Engel of Boundary County, Idaho; Gregory P. Burleson of Phoenix; Joseph D. O'Shaughnessy of Cottonwood, Arizona; and Micah L. McGuire and Jason D. Woods both of Chandler, Arizona.

source

Eric J Parker is the "sniper on the bridge".....this guy:

image source

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sure would like to know who the Feds are taking their orders from?

Perhaps from Harry Reid?

The fact is, this is about revenge for the 2014 stand off.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
Sure would like to know who the Feds are taking their orders from?

Perhaps from Harry Reid?

The fact is, this is about revenge for the 2014 stand off.

what gets me is the fact no one was shot at or roughed up in the 2014 incident. this is like you say revenge for them disobeying a federal order by saying it wa sa illegal order and basically protesting.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Throwing enough crap at a wall and hoping some of it sticks...and it's failing miserably.

So, if one of Hillary's aides were to get arrested for something like maybe an email cover up and someone decides to post it here on ATS, is that also "mud slinging?"

It's hardly "mud slinging" when someone is simply reporting the truth.

Apparently, one person's truth is another person's mud and the fact that the truth doesn't seem to affect Trump's standing in the polls, says a lot more about his supporters than it does about the candidate.

It's actually pretty sad and pathetic that he probably could shoot someone in the the middle of the street, (like he said he could) and still not lose any support.

With respect to the OP, all I can say is "Better late than never!"

I'm glad they're finally arresting that bunch of nut jobs and it doesn't surprise me in the least to see Trump supporters in the mix.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The federal machine runs slowly at times, but it never forgets.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Really. It's like pointing out Ted Bundy worked on a Republican campaign when he was in college.

SHOCK! Bundy was a Republican! Bundy was a Republican!

Hey, don't sweat it. he's dead now. Besides, I went to high school with him. :-)
edit on 3/6/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

So, if one of Hillary's aides were to get arrested for something like maybe an email cover up and someone decides to post it here on ATS, is that also "mud slinging?"

Sure, I'll bite. You are trying to compare Hillary telling staff members to disregard the law to Trump putting a veteran on the board of a veteran's committee.

How you came to that comparison is beyond me, but the simple fact remains that Hillary instructed people to commit a crime. Trump did not.

This is a desperate ditch effort to say "Hey look at who Trump's supporters are!!!" In hopes it will sway opinion.

This guy was a campaign chairman for Veterans for Trump of New Hampshire, NOT his New Hampshire campaign manager as the article is trying to portray.

Here is the nitty-gritty from Trump's site himself.

Where does he say this guy is ANYTHING more than a person co-chairing a support group?

Where is Trump endorsing his actions?

Hillary's fellow co-workers are quick to plead the 5th.

Like I said, it's mudslinging with the hopes that some of it sticks.

edit on 6-3-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Really. It's like pointing out Ted Bundy worked on a Republican campaign when he was in college.

See this is the desperation of people that hate Trump.

Compare Trump to Hitler, check

Compare his supporters to the likes a person like Ted Bundy, check

In the real world, neither comparison is close....even REMOTELY close to what you guys are trying to push.

I mean c'mon really? You just said it's on the likes of Ted Bundy being on a campaign. This guy equates to Ted Bundy?

People really should take a breath before trying to make horrible comparisons out of sheer hate of an individual/
edit on 6-3-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Jealous revenge just in time for the election dreck.

Strange is the fact the only people to actually shoot guns were the police !!!!

Watch how this backfires.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Sure, I'll bite. You are trying to compare Hillary telling staff members to disregard the law to Trump putting a veteran on the board of a veteran's committee.

How you came to that comparison is beyond me, but the simple fact remains that Hillary instructed people to commit a crime. Trump did not.

This is a desperate ditch effort to say "Hey look at who Trump's supporters are!!!" In hopes it will sway opinion.

This guy was a campaign chairman for Veterans for Trump of New Hampshire, NOT his New Hampshire campaign manager as the article is trying to portray.

Where does he say this guy is ANYTHING more than a person co-chairing a support group?

And like I said, this isn't about Trump or who he supports. It's more about who supports Trump.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

And like I said, this isn't about Trump or who he supports. It's more about who supports Trump.

And that my friend is mudslinging.

You just generalized an ENTIRE group of people by one person.

Kudos to you.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think it shows a severe lack of vetting by the Trump machine, which could be a frightening predictor of who he would surround himself with if he were to win the Presidency.

I don't care for Mr. Trump, but if he were to win, I want to think that he would hire the brightest minds to help run this country.
Sadly, his arrogance probably won't allow for that.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm curious as to what defense they will put up in court. Their Mormon extremist Skousen pocket Constitution

Those annotations were written decades ago by W. Cleon Skousen, an ultra-conservative Mormon and former FBI agent who believed the Founding Fathers had established a Christian theocracy and never intended for the federal government to have any authority.

or their Mormon fringe White Horse Prophecy

Other references to Mormon lore came before the occupation, such as in a video where Bundy said that the constitution was “hanging by a thread,” an allusion to the so-called White Horse Prophecy, in which Joseph Smith reportedly predicted that a time would come when Mormons would have to restore constitutional government.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

Thanks for posting the links!

I've been considering the Mormon influence on the Bundys et al as well and how it might play out in court. The influence seems to be more focused on the writings of certain Mormon leaders, as opposed to the faith itself or its doctrines. I thought this article from Think Progress was well written and interesting:

The Bundy Family’s Odd Mormon Connection, Explained

The one exception I have with the article is that the author equates their brand of Mormonism with big "L" Libertarianism (which would specifically refer to the official Libertarian Party) as opposed to small "l" libertarian philosophy.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

And thank you for your link! Excellent read.

Agree re Mormon faith and doctrines.

What I find interesting about Delumus is what he, as a Trump supporter, had projected onto Trump

"It's my intention to ensure that he has the whole story," DeLemus said of Trump. "I think it'll really arouse him, and once he understands, I wouldn't be surprised to see him heading out West."

source

In fact, Trump had earlier said,

"You cannot let people take over federal property," Mr. Trump said. "You can't, because once you do that, you don't have a government anymore. I think, frankly, they've been there too long."

Mr. Trump said he wasn't necessarily suggesting a large-scale military action, but that "at a certain point you have to do something and you have to be firm and you have to be strong, you have to be a government."

sourc e

If anything, Delemus should be backing Cruz, as Cruz studied Skousen and supports his crackpot thinking on the Tenth Am and nullification. (a read). Ted gushed over Cliven in Nev until he heard Cliven's rant; like any good politician, Ted found a middle ground with the Bundys in Or (good fight--turn over fed lands to states, wrong place).

And re "L vs l", many who claim to be L are not. The Koch bros Libertarian Party advocates not "smaller fed govt" but in effect no fed govt (Norquist's drown it in a bathtub). It is confusing David Koch with Ronald Reagan.

and politics this election year couldn't get any more confusing....

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Thank you for the new links. I'm trying to look at this whole mess from all sides, and this will help!

What I find interesting about Delumus is what he, as a Trump supporter, had projected onto Trump

I had wondered -- and almost kinda sorta hoped -- that Trump would wade into the details of this, if only for the publicity. But given his stance on the use of eminent domain, and therefore his lack of respect for private property rights, I really didn't expect much. I wonder why Delumus thought otherwise?

If anything, Delemus should be backing Cruz, as Cruz studied Skousen and supports his crackpot thinking on the Tenth Am and nullification. (a read). Ted gushed over Cliven in Nev until he heard Cliven's rant; like any good politician, Ted found a middle ground with the Bundys in Or (good fight--turn over fed lands to states, wrong place).

Cruz would seem to be a better fit... in my cynicism, I would say that Cruz is more likely to pander for the votes, but perspective is everything, eh?

And re "L vs l", many who claim to be L are not. The Koch bros Libertarian Party advocates not "smaller fed govt" but in effect no fed govt (Norquist's drown it in a bathtub). It is confusing David Koch with Ronald Reagan.

Yes! More and more lately, libertarianism/Libertariansm is defined subjectively. I've found that the Koch Bros give lip service to libertarian principles, but that's about it. They've dipped their fingers into the federal pie more than once. That's not Reagan's libertarianism, much less Ron Paul's libertarianism.

and politics this election year couldn't get any more confusing....

Ain't that the truth!

Thank you again for the links. I may have to comment again after reading them! Or just ponder...

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Ponder away!
..... it's always advisable but all the better now for understanding election pandering

originally posted by: Boadicea I wonder why Delumus thought otherwise?

IMO people are rightly upset and feel powerless, and so they go with a person who projects power, whether that power is real or even if it can really solve their problems. They don't ponder.

Many of those advocating (Glenn beck, Sheriff Mack, the Bundys, etc) Skousen's ideas are Mormon, and the rest are not Mormons and probably do not know that what he advocates is Mormon fringe. If they were told they're following a fringe Mormon crackpot, they would probably be surprised. The Koch's get involved because they are right wing fringe, but not Mormon, and Skousen became a favorite with the Koch supported John Birch Society, far right wing fringe. ....as I've said before, at the fringes is where strands can become entangled

I think Ted Cruz comes at Skousen from that far right fringe ideology (he was introduced to as a youth), not necessarily Mormon or JBS, but just another fringe getting tangled in with others near it. Glenn Beck and Ted Cruz stood on stage together so Beck could offer his endorsement.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
An update on the Bundy standoff participant/Trump-campaign of New Hampshire, co-chair, Jerry Delamus.

Monday he was denied bail, with the judge saying,

DeLemus’ actions at the Bundy ranch indicated he could “pose a serious danger to the community if released.”

DeLemus stated that when he traveled to the Malhuer National Wildlife Refuge in January, he was acting on his own and not as a representative of the Trump campaign.

source
edit on 3/11/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join