It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louis C.K. Regarding Trump: "Don’t vote for your own cancer. You’re better than that."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Gothamist - Louis C.K. Compares Donald Trump To Hitler: "Don't Vote For Your Own Cancer"

Before reacting, please read the full text (the link above includes it). I realize that the entire Internet is sick of Hitler comparisons. I realize that most sane people roll their eyes when celebs get themselves wrapped up in US politics. But this is honestly worth a read. Yes, he excoriates Trump, but he makes some excellent points about the nature of political balance and he makes a heartfelt appeal to Republicans to choose another candidate to support.

To Conservative Trump supporters, I am curious what your thoughts are about this paragraph in particular: "Do you really want a guy to be president who threatens John McCain? Because John McCain cautiously and intelligently asked for people to be thoughtful before voting for him? He didn’t even insult Trump. He just asked you to take a good look. And Trump told him to look out."

The shade he's thrown McCain has been quite frankly ridiculous in my view. What are the alternative perspectives?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

Well because that's trumps normal approach

Threaten anyone that doesn't agree with him

Very presidential

Louis is right

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I really enjoyed that. Thank you or posting. I agree with the need for balance and wouldn't mind a Kasich. Not Ted Cruz or a Marco Rubio however...

And I'm not advocating for Hillary or Bernie. I like them both but frankly I wish the next president was a conservative only because we had Obama for eight years and we need balance. And not because I particularly enjoy the conservative agenda. I just think the government should reflect the people. And we are about 40 percent conservative and 40 percent liberal. When I was growing up and when I was a younger man, liberals and conservatives were friends with differences. They weren’t enemies. And it always made sense that everyone gets a president they like for a while and then hates the president for a while. But it only works if the conservatives put up a good candidate. A good smart conservative to face the liberal candidate so they can have a good argument and the country can decide which way to go this time.

Trump is not that. He's an insane bigot. He is dangerous.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Loui's show on HBO was hilarious but after that he became a non funny, repeating himself waste. Now he like Hillary ? is he insane ? As far as threats, hmmm Ive heard every speech the man has made, if you consider threatening Carrier air conditioners with a tax for moving out of the country and taking thousands of jobs with them then yes he did threaten someone, LOL what a joke.
edit on 5-3-2016 by Medicator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Medicator
Loui's show on HBO was hilarious but after that he became a non funny, repeating himself waste. Now he like Hillary ? is he insane ?

You didn't read it... Shame on you for posting and not reading the article.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Sick of Hitler comparisons. Check.

Sick of Louis CK. Check.

Sick of Donald Trump. Check.

Sick of John McCain. CHECK.

But aside from all that--I'm not going to listen to anything a comedian tries to tell me about anything. What is going on with people thinking that comedians' opinions on politics should be taken seriously?

I mean, I know people have allowed themselves to be influenced by celebrity for a long time now, but it seems to be getting exponentially worse by the season.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Sick of Hitler comparisons. Check.

Sick of Louis CK. Check.

Sick of Donald Trump. Check.

Sick of John McCain. CHECK.

But aside from all that--I'm not going to listen to anything a comedian tries to tell me about anything. What is going on with people thinking that comedians' opinions on politics should be taken seriously?

I mean, I know people have allowed themselves to be influenced by celebrity for a long time now, but it seems to be getting exponentially worse by the season.

I gather you did not read it and you are clearly not responding to anything that was actually said, so strictly speaking, this is off-topic. That's alright by me, though. Let me ask you, what are your criterion for considering the opinions of another human being? I meet "unqualified" folk all the time who have opinions and I listen closely to them because it matters to me what other people think, why they will vote the way that they will, and to be part of a social exchange of ideas and views in general. In this sense, Louis CK is no less or more qualified than most people who write here, who I happily pay attention to.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Medicator
Loui's show on HBO was hilarious but after that he became a non funny, repeating himself waste. Now he like Hillary ? is he insane ? As far as threats, hmmm Ive heard every speech the man has made, if you consider threatening Carrier air conditioners with a tax for moving out of the country and taking thousands of jobs with them then yes he did threaten someone, LOL what a joke.

Head you read it, you'd see that the threat to John McCain was a verbatim quote.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

I really appreciated that paragraph as well. I think there's a lot of wisdom there: it is only natural that the pendulum will swing and it is a healthy thing for power to change hands so as to ensure that people's will is reflected in government. In fact, this paragraph may have been what moved me to share this here.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Trumps losing in Maine as we speak...Cruz is ahead! Go you Mainers!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

That was funnier than Carlin, my other favorite political commentator. I usually don't follow or participate in politics, but chiming in because I'll listen to anything Louis says…

I get that all these people sound like bulls*** soft criminal opportunists. The whole game feels rigged and it's not going anywhere but down anymore. I feel that way sometimes.

And that voting for Trump is a way of saying "F--- it. F--- them all". I really get it. It's a version of national Suicide. Or it's like a big hit off of a crack pipe. Somehow we can't help it. Or we know that if we vote for Trump our phones will be a reliable source of dopamine for the next four years. I mean I can't wait to read about Trump every day. It's a rush. But you have to know this is not healthy.

A Men.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

McCain is an ass hat. He chose Palin for a running mate. What more need be said?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well, I guess it's official then. Donald Trump is the most evil man who ever lived. At least until the 2020 Republican front runner is identified.

I wonder if Donald Rumsfeld is bummed out over losing the title.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Oh I'm sorry, you must want the lying conniving conservatives like Romney, Bush and McCain, all exactly the same as Cinton...have fun

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

McCain is an ass hat. He chose Palin for a running mate. What more need be said?

So, because he selected a running mate you disapprove of, he deserves to be threatened?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Well, I guess it's official then. Donald Trump is the most evil man who ever lived. At least until the 2020 Republican front runner is identified.

I wonder if Donald Rumsfeld is bummed out over losing the title.

Please read before commenting.

" I like them both but frankly I wish the next president was a conservative only because we had Obama for eight years and we need balance. And not because I particularly enjoy the conservative agenda. I just think the government should reflect the people. And we are about 40 percent conservative and 40 percent liberal. When I was growing up and when I was a younger man, liberals and conservatives were friends with differences. They weren’t enemies. And it always made sense that everyone gets a president they like for a while and then hates the president for a while. But it only works if the conservatives put up a good candidate. A good smart conservative to face the liberal candidate so they can have a good argument and the country can decide which way to go this time."

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Lol you political folks need to take a pill.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Lol you political folks need to take a pill.

Have you got anything more substantive to contribute? I don't want a person running this country who casually makes vague threats to people like John McCain and Paul Ryan. You seem to think that's okay. Why?
edit on 5-3-2016 by JohnnyElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Louis ck is a genius, pls check is stand up shows on youtube, tou wont regret it.
edit on 5-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Oh I'm sorry, you must want the lying conniving conservatives like Romney, Bush and McCain, all exactly the same as Cinton...have fun

Typical off the wall inaccurate trump supporter response

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join