It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden accuses Daily Mail of running anti-refugee propaganda campaign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

Swedish embassy in London said to inform Stockholm that Sweden is 'being used as a deterrent and an argument against allowing more refugees into the UK'

The Daily Mail has launched a "campaign" of anti-refugee propaganda which paints Sweden in a dim light because of its liberal migration policy, the Swedish embassy in London has reportedly said.

In a report filed by embassy staff for their superiors in the Swedish foreign ministry, diplomats said the newspaper was portraying Sweden as being "naive" for taking in more than its fair share of refugees.

Quoted by the Swedish news agency TT, it appeared to express concern that the Mail Online, the Daily Mail's digital arm, has a wide international reach and that stories about Sweden received hundreds of unpleasant and racist remarks in the comment section.

Well, yeah, of course the Daily Mail is running anti immigration propaganda and that's because they've been doing since their inception and it all began with the Jews fleeing Germany.

en.wikipedia.org...

The paper nonetheless continued to oppose the arrival of Jewish refugees escaping Germany, describing their arrival as "a problem to which the Daily Mail has repeatedly pointed."[44]

And nothing has changed as they continue their assault on refugees and immigrants. I've seen many threads featuring the Daily Mail's portrayal of Syrian refugees in Sweden and the effect it's caused with a majority of posters eating it up and spewing hate towards the refugees. As always, be skeptical of everything you read in the news, especially from the likes of the Daily Mail, because it probably mostly BS. But then again, ignorance is bliss and people love to cling to anything that upholds their views whether it's fact or not.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

...stories about Sweden received hundreds of unpleasant and racist remarks in the comment section.

Uh oh. A sure-fire sign of the coming genocide.

You should see the comments in the Independent article. Next thing you know, the Swedish paper will be accusing them of anti-migrant propaganda. Hilarious.
edit on 1-3-2016 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Funny how when everything goes to crap our news and mass media networks start to blame the poor, the hungry and displaced persons of this world rather than the real culprits.
edit on 1-3-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

In fairness, the refugees have given people all they need to be 'anti-refugee'.

The Daily Mall is just stating the obvious.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It simply deflects the blame from them. They're the real culprits, but let's blame something that has been allowed to happen to deflect blame.

We're being played all around and those at the top who created the wars, who made the M.E and Afghanistan more unstable than ever, are persuading you to blame the effects of it.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

So you're saying all the refugees are terrible?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

The average Joe simply cannot see the forest for the trees down to the pc garbage spoonfed to us on a daily basis.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
We should have a unified refugee camps at the border of EU where countries who want to invite refugees can take the ones they want. Just take part of Turkey that is pushing this wave to get the west to support a Sunni partition of Syria.

No right for migration to where you want to go but basics in the camp. It is up to the people in every country to decide how much they want to be involved with this culture Marxist project. Some countries are doing integration. Sweden where I live is not integrating part of the population and that is creating more crime instead imported from other countries.

The Vietnamese where no problem and integrated perfectly.
The Serbs and Croats where no problem and integrated perfectly.
Why are the middle eastern and Africans causing so much difficulty? The integration level is not good enough.

To solve the issue fewer people so that we can give them work and so they join the Swedish norm instead of creating a state within the state. US can take all the refugees since they are enough size to handle the integration. Sweden do not.

And Swedish media is very Soviet like now days. Do not report things that change the opinion on the refugee policy. Funny how Moderaterna became more refugee skeptic now. No refugees that have come thru EU. They got their low wage population now that they will use to lower the wages as they wanted and push for state sponsored integration jobs.
edit on 1-3-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
the poor, the hungry and displaced persons of this world.

May help the situation if the migrants where not turning their nose up to food given to them, or not wearing designer cloths and using new mobile phones.. Or the fact they where actually fleeing a war rather than looking for a economical reason for being in Europe.. Illegally I might add.

As I have stated in previous posts, yes a few of these people are real Asylum seekers and should be helped but many more are there from places that are far from inhospitable, Marocco, Algeria and Ghana to name a few.

If you do not live in area affected by the impact of sudden mass immigration or have dealt with the current crop of migrants and illegal immigrants then I struggle to see how people on here can comment so justly..

I still have not seen a solution to what we can do for people that come to europe not knowing the local language, who have no skilled labour and a majority do not like our way of life???....

My wife was a Migrant, she needed proof of here degree and numerous references regarding her medical background, a written job offer and to then take Ielts exams to prove her competence with the English language.. She then needed to show she had sufficient monies to cover her expenses if it all went wrong.... THAT WAS EVEN BEFORE HER APPLICATION COULD BE LOOKED AT!!!....

Why of why did she bother??, just jump on a truck and welcome eldorado.

This situations needs the geniune people sorted out from the bandwagon, if you claim Asylum then so be it do as internationally is recognised and it should be in the first safe country you enter.. If you are refused then see you later, I would give a set time to get the applications in and if that date is missed then you are a illegal immigrant and you will be removed. That would be the situation for me if I was applying somewhere simple as that. Is it hardline yes but then this situations has been going on for years, it is fairly obvious that it is not working for the local populas or the migrants..

RA

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Anybody see this story today. 60 minutes australia tried to get a real picture of the immigration issue in sweden. Got the crap beat out of them.

Nine crew ran into the trouble before reaching Rinkeby when a man approached asking why they wanted to film in Rinkeby. He then deliberately drove over the cameraman's foot.

Sjunnesson wrote that six police officers were assigned to protect the Nine crew, but that when they left without warning things took a turn for the worse. A group of masked men allegedly circled the TV crew, with two crew members suffering blows. A bottle was also thrown at a camera, according to the report. One cameraman "was beaten right across the chin so that a tooth [came] loose," Sjunnesson wrote.

60 minutes australia sweden immigrants

I've seen more detailed accounts on some other sites.

edit on 1-3-2016 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I have a Foodbank right across from my flat trust me the migrants are not turning their nose down to said food.

If you ask me the very fact that we operate such establishments in a supposed first world nation is deplorable. Thing is through down to people like our beloved prime minister and his cronies/partners in crime there is certainly a need for them. Fact is rather a few persons born and bred in our own nation use the places or they would starve.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I guess you are in the UK?, I would say the situation here is slightly different but it has happened in Europe. Do you not ask why are Migrants and I am not sure how you know they would be from the current situation and not longer standing people that have been in the UK years would be using food banks?.

If they where "refugess" with refugee status from the current crisis they would have food and shelter I know as I have worked on the ground with Charities regarding this situation. In London alone there are numerous charities and local authority measures to equip people with a roof and food..

Do not confuse people with Romanian Gypsy heritage that have legal Euro status with that of middle eastern migrants as many do.. It is well know that a large amount of Romanian people use these foods banks esp in London, you will normally see them in and around Marble arch and Victoria during the day then at the charity locations later on. I say this as a simple observation and from my own experience, this not right wing Nazi speak as no doubt it will get labelled..

RA

edit on 1-3-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

edit on 1-3-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Good to see that the daily fail is still making people fall for there propaganda, with all the stories about the evil muslim hordes invading europe, youd think that the place would be burned down by now.

Swedish people havent lost there identity even after the catholic and protestant church tried to destroy them through religion.

Europe survived ww2.

But hey you guys that cry fake outrage daily must be right lol.
edit on 1-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Buddy i dont really know who they are, migrants, refugees or Romani, the place seems to cater to all walks of life. We dont ask them anything as they have been known to get violent with people questioning them outside said food bank. I'm lead to believe the majority of the poor souls are of Roma decent considering not that long ago our government decided to house 5000 of them on our doorstep but like i said there really is not that much communication because they refuse to integrate in to our community. What i do know is that to house 5000 people in an area and make the majority of them reliant on food banks for there very survival is rather draconian. If we are going to house these people in our nation then we need to provide them the means to survive and not just them but our own people also, all this austerity nonsense serves no other purpose than to diminish our quality of life. Funny how we always have the monies to bomb and destroy other nations from afar but cannot afford or accommodate our own population.
edit on 2-3-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Buddy i dont really know who they are, migrants, refugees or Romani, the place seems to cater to all walks of life. We dont ask them anything as they have been known to get violent with people questioning them outside said food bank. I'm lead to believe the majority of the poor souls are of Roma decent considering not that long ago our government decided to house 5000 of them on our doorstep but like i said there really is not that much communication because they refuse to integrate in to our community. What i do know is that to house 5000 people in an area and make the majority of them reliant on food banks for there very survival is rather draconian. If we are going to house these people in our nation then we need to provide them the means to survive and not just them but our own people also, all this austerity nonsense serves no other purpose than to diminish our quality of life. Funny how we always have the monies to bomb and destroy other nations from afar but cannot afford or accommodate our own population.

This thread is regarding the current migrant crisis regarding people that have no right to be in Europe, the situation regarding peoples of Romanian hertitage is another matter for another discussion. They have full freedom of movement within the EU and all that comes with it be it welfare etc etc.. If they wish to stay in the UK in their current situation then there is zero anyone can do as the 2014 declaration regarding Romania was lifted.

I hear what you are saying regarding austerity but I see that little will change if a high number of low skilled migrants are allowed in.. What life will they have? how will they support themselves??..

europa.eu...

RA

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The immigration problem shouldn't be that hard to deal with. Just only let women & female children in so that we can whitewash their next generation. Easy peasy.

/sarc?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
So...the government that has been ignoring the concerns of the people and continuing to bring in hordes of migrants are upset that a newspaper reports the crimes these migrants commit and gives a voice to the Swedish victims of their criminality?

I haven't seen anything that refutes the allegations made in many of the stories...only a government official asking for the truth to be suppressed to make the government look more electable next time.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Buddy i dont particularly agree with our immigration and border policies but i do think once the people in question are here they should be afforded the same quality of life as any other UK resident. Like i said they come from all walks of life not just of Roma heritage hence the pandemonium and all out conflict that sometimes occurs outside said foodbank. What should change or at least be amended to accommodate the influx is our stance on immigration.

No point trying to accommodate more and more people when we cannot afford the people we already have a decent quality of life. Think we need to remember that charity begins at home. Sort out our own socioeconomic issues before attempting to accommodate others seems reasonable.

That being said its kind of hard to moan about the amount of refuges and migrants making there way to our shores when our nation is directly responsible for there predicament via our meddling in foreign affairs that are not our concern.
edit on 2-3-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Buddy i dont particularly agree with our immigration and border policies but i do think once the people in question are here they should be afforded the same quality of life as any other UK resident. Like i said they come from all walks of life not just of Roma heritage hence the pandemonium and all out conflict that sometimes occurs outside said foodbank. What should change or at least be amended to accommodate the influx is our stance on immigration.

No point trying to accommodate more and more people when we cannot afford the people we already have a decent quality of life. Think we need to remember that charity begins at home. Sort out our own socioeconomic issues before attempting to accommodate others seems reasonable.

That being said its kind of hard to moan about the amount of refuges and migrants making there way to our shores when our nation is directly responsible for there predicament via our meddling in foreign affairs that are not our concern.

I think the real issue started when Europe did not deal with illegal immigrants and just let them off to roam free with zero checks.. There is a massive difference between a Refugee and a Migrant that many people do not seem to be able to distinguish between.

I agree, accommodate those here that have filed the correct papers and taken steps to come here the right way but why should people that have crossed europe and a numerous other countries be given a golden hand shake and be able to reside here??... We know sweet F-A about these people they could be anyone.. What would happen if I was a illegal immigrant in Australia, Trinidad or in any number of other countries in the world??, I would be deported with no if's or but's..

The reason we now have a immigration problem is because we allowed tens of thousands of people to enter and just disappear into the darkness. If you was able to do a immigration check on workers in any high street esp in London a good deal with be either overstayers or have no documents.. Now that does not make them bad people but it is this type of situation that has caused issues in these communities locally and why you see a number of them at food banks as they cannot claim any welfare legally.

Quite right you point out the way the UK and Euro nations pull strings but then I come back to my previous post, large numbers of these migrants are not fleeing anything other than wanting the Economical benefits that they think will come from Europe. I have been at locations when migrants have been questioned re their country of origin and when you get to the truth many are from Algeria, and Morocco claiming to be Syrian or Romanian. We also have a large number who are Somalian, again I am not sure on the current status for Somalian Asylum into the EU but as we are well into a second generation of British born somalies that is now a none argument??.. Then you have the more central African countries such as Nigeria, Ghana Eritrea etc etc etc.. The average European person should not be blamed for a failed state nor should Europe be looked at as a easy touch, we all pay taxes and we have the right to say how we feel if we are directly affected by a situation and at the moment it is this.

RA

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Certainly an untenable situation if ever there was one. Distribution of wealth and resources throughout the globe certainly add to the problem. End of the day through if nothing is done regarding the issue the U.K is only going to end up accumulating the same problems that these people are attempting to flee.

Which is why i think we should close our doors regarding immigration until such a time as we have the resources to accommodate others, not because of spite, not because of racism or the religious intolerance that it breeds. Simple because of necessity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join