It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you pay per-month for an Ad-Free ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
We're looking at options for integrating a subscription service as part of ATS. The primary function would be for a completely ad-free and performance accelerated version of the site.

Below is a survey asking for your price point tolerance for a monthly subscription model. Keep in mind that if we can get into the zone of $5/month, it may make it worthwhile.

Also, not part of the survey, but just looking for your feedback. Would you want to be able to gift the ad-free subscription to other members?
edit on 1-3-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I would absolutely pay $10 a month, and yes, I think we should be able to gift it to other members.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Really interesting idea that of being able to gift a subscription to others. Well, why not? Difficult how to choose those people. Sounds like a worthy idea to bat around.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I think that's a great idea Bill.

I would 5 or 10 dollars for sure.

I would also like to suggest that as part of that streamlined experience, perhaps we highlight some of the content created by the paid membership in some other category as a little extra bonus.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I guess.. nothing?

Just because the ADS have taken your soul.. not our problem.

We know you get tons of money from other places from this site...

its just...that NOW! you are so used to the profits lately... so when it drops...!

you cant live as high you have gotten addicted to.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I personally do not mind the adds at all! they are a part of being on line now, so I dont have an issue. I WOULD pay ATS a fee to be able to block some members, and block some members posts on my threads

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

I WOULD pay ATS a fee to be able to block some members, and block some members posts on my threads

Do you see any silly in your statement?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Would you want to be able to gift the ad-free subscription to other members?

Since I do not presently get ads I would be willing to gift a one year subscription. Could it go to a member of my choosing?

edit on 1-3-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Potestas

Sarc, Power... just Sarc

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'd pay $5 a month, gladly. $10 seems a bit steep for just an optimized, ad-free experience, but if there were some sort of other perks I'd probably do it. I don't know how much use it would get, but having the option to gift it to other members would be nice. Maybe also an option for mods to be able to give it to members that go above and beyond. Kind of like applause, but they'd be able to give a free month or something.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Since I do not presently get ads I would be willing to gift a one year subscription. Could it go to a member of my choosing?

I'm trying to source services that have a clean API that would allow gifting like that, to a member of your choice.

If subscribed like this, all external code (except Google analytics) would be stripped from the site. The performance boost would be significant.

Also looking at a couple other subscriber perks. Like a dedicated forum just for subscribers.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have an old-fashioned resistance against making payments online.
I've never done so yet, and I wouldn't know where to start.
Given the choice, I would take the ads after all.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I think this would definitely be a value add Skeptic! - the more I think - seriously, a block feature, has that been discussed before?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Then I would do that to support you and the site. I have one or two newer members in mind but I would want to make it anonymously.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Perhaps a contest as well? Whichever thread gets the most applause or flags or both, get 3 free months or something along those lines? Would be an incentive to not have the typical ctrl c ctrl v jobs that some do and leave it at that. Maybe those people will actually start leaving their ideas, opinions etc., making this site better in the process.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'm trying to source services that have a clean API that would allow gifting like that, to a member of your choice.

If subscribed like this, all external code (except Google analytics) would be stripped from the site. The performance boost would be significant.

Also looking at a couple other subscriber perks. Like a dedicated forum just for subscribers.

I voted $5.00

Gifting with Bitcoin would be easy as you can generate a bitcoinadress per account and anyone can use someone else's depositadress to gift it to others.

The API of blockchain or blocktrail isn't that hard to implement for someone with your skills

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

10$ isn't really all that much when compared to the content, and often times
up to the second reporting on world events. I've paid more money for subs to sites where I get only a filtered view of world events and topic.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In a word, yes.

ATS is one of those rare sites I can see then benefits if a premium membership on.

It costs money to have a site like this operational and as long as the cost were reasonable, I'd be in.

Maybe you could have extended benefits for those who do subscribe to make it attractive?

Like perhaps longer time to edit posts, access to exclusive content (Maybe a RATS reinvention) and a reintroduction of levels of content contribution IE rust, silver gold contributor or whatever it was you used to use.
edit on 1-3-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

So you'd have a two-tiered system, almost a class system.
Pretty sure years ago you guys said you'd never go down this route?
Also would there be a "free" version or would it be subscription only?

Cheers

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Would you want to be able to gift the ad-free subscription to other members?

I could maybe, just about suffer that. Considering its ATS. But I am one of the people that does not like paying a subscription. On anything. I don't like being tied in that way.

I don't get any annoying adds at ATS either. And I loath the pop up. The ones with video and or sound. The ones that lag the screen and sometimes freeze it. Grits teeth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join