It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you pay per-month for an Ad-Free ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I'd pay $5 but would be gutted if it was generating profits rather than helping the site.

I would however by memorabilia to help with profits.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Yeah, let's do it.

I clicked 10 bucks, but I had in mind something more like $7.99.

Would you replace the Samuru?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

For a monthly fee can we get back a few things.. perhaps a spiffy, new chat room?

edit on 1-3-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sorry Skeptic, but you really do have to include a 0 dollar option or you wont get a true result on which you can base any dicision...

What will happen is that you will lose a substantial amount of members, and those people will find other places to go to discuss the same things. Heck, even Facebook would be an option.
This is the curse of the internet and accessibility... heck, I wouldn't pay to read news sites, nor to join discussions in my area of trade, why would I pay to be a member of a conspiracy forum?

Apart from that, even if you did include a fee to get in, all your data would either be mined or spread to other sites by paying members in the blink of an eye, just like what happens to established news sites behind pay walls.......

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Nothing. This site isn't worth money IMHO.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The only ads that bother me are the one that come on and take up the whole screen. Don't think I've seen those on ATS.

There are some animated avatars I find more distracting then the ads.

I would pay $5 a month to keep ATS ---- if it ever came to that. But, ad free? Not an issue for me,
edit on 1-3-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I wouldn't pay anything because I can barely afford my internet connection. All this will do is further separate the haves and have nots on this site, which would be a shame. And for the record, if your ads weren't so intrusive and giving false positives for malware, then I'm sure less people would ad-block.

But I guess this is all about the money and not about spreading the truth, which is both really sad and a totally new low for ATS.

Rev

edit on 1/3/2016 by revmoofoo because: EDIT

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PPFkid

What are you telling me what you want to do? Tell the site owner.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

$10 is fine, although I don't really get bothered by adverts (in general), I just ignore any I don't like. But please don't consider a 'subscription only' section for those who pay. It will, like blupblup said, create a two-tier, class system which is never going to end well.

B x

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
While I'm entirely sympathetic to the problems of financing and running such a large site... I simply wouldn't be interested in paying towards it. The signal-to-noise ratio is already absurd, to the point I occasionally feel we should be charging you for standing up to some of the absolute drivel that gets passed off as fact and/or logic.

I kid, I kid

Well, sort of.

I still visit (and often) because of the occasional golden thread full of excellent insight and discussion, but there aren't enough of those happening to keep me here if I had to pay for it.

If it's free I'll use it. If it's ad supported then I'm a bit of a wizard with Adblockers and Greasemonkey. If the effort to get to the content passes a certain point then I'd rather walk away than pull out the wallet.

Is my approach nice and cuddly and supportive of the community? No, but I'm not that sort of guy. You did ask for feedback though

Besides, if I gave in to every site begging for money I'd end up blowing most of my wages just on subscriptions, a fwe bucks here, a few bucks there...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Nothing. Dont want to pay for ATS period.
edit on 1-3-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Associating my account info in a conspiracy mega site is counter intuitive to frequenting a conspiracy mega site.

But yeah, I'd like to donate anonymously! LOL

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I would not pay a fee. I have never had an online subscription to any site.

I know it is the new business model, making money online. But for myself it would ruin this once great site and I would move along elsewhere.

I sincerely wish you well in your endeavors Skeptic. ATS has been a special place to me for many years and I do appreciate that.

However, I will not start paying ANYONE for member contributed content.

Peace,
Steve

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I'd pay $20 a month if you put my account in stealth mode. So, no banning, TOS free!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The slippery slope. Then only paid members will be able to, say, upload images, post videos, have access to U2U, have avatars ? The list goes on..

link   
There are Ads on ATS???

link   
Will you have a free version? Also I don't think alienating your members and making them pay is the best option.
Your comment about the 'subscribers forum' really worried me as it seems you'll be segregating the membership and having an elite, VIP area and a poor people area.

I'm sure you'll get a good core of like 50 - 100 paid members and the site will survive and limp along just fine.
But you'll lose the core and essence of the site, the community it once was.
Hopefully all the bigots and racists and homophobes don't pay up and at least they go elsewhere.

Good luck guys.

Long live ATS

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I enjoy my visits to ATS. Honestly, I hate subscriptions and can say that I have gotten used to accidentally tapping the Russian and Asian girl ads while scrolling on my IPad. It just takes a millisecond to close that annoying new tab and return to my viewing of ATS. I can see how this could benefit many, especially if membership allows OPs more time to successfully edit their threads since they can correct more juicy tidbits for those just entering their threads.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If I were to pay a subscription fee, I'd like a few features added that should be here already anyways...

Like "Go to first unread post". That one is almost worth 5 bucks a month.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I personally wouldn't want to pay for ad free, I can deal with what yall have most of the time and you are fantastic at taking care of the ones that overstep, but I did vote on what I think would be fair for that service.

Also the gifting idea sounds great.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join