It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic 'Art'.Deciphered?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I walk pass a lodge almost every day. There are quite a few people that I've met that have connections to the Freemasonry through networking and working in this town. A lot of them have relatives in freemasonry and is fairly common to talk about it. One thing they all almost have in common is believing in aliens, magic, etc.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman

So you know some guys, that know some guys who know some guys?

Let me help you, we are the guys.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

I'm not a mason, I just happen to live in a small city that has Freemason lodges and some of the locals hype about it a lot. I honestly never thought much about them until I moved out here (Pueblo, CO) and noticed that the huge square and compass symbol was exactly the same as the ones in the Assassin's Creed video games. The game series also talks about secret societies if I remember correctly.

Anyway years ago I was a hardcore skeptic. Didn't believe in aliens, didn't believe in God, was pro-military/pro-government, thought conspiracy theorists were tin-foil hat nutcases, etc. But once I saw this huge symbol right down the street from the public library I started researching into it more.

Throughout my years of researching and networking with people many strange things have had happened. I started noticing how jets were dumping chemicals in the sky (chemtrails), I read 1984 for the first time (the television monitoring caught my attention as I had this paranoia feeling about it in the past), had a couple of UFO sightings, and other phenomena that is hard to describe.

I eventually came to believe what many of these theorists believed in and that labeling them "insane" is part of the system's efforts to discredit their claims.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So you are saying you are a member? Good, then you can at least somewhat verify some of my claims. Maybe not all of it since everyone has their own opinions even when part of the same organization but i have no doubt in what I'm saying.

The third eye is integral to their belief system and is part of the reason why they put the all-seeing eye on the paper currency. It has deep meaning and significance. There also seems to be too much of a coincidence that there are a lot of hidden subliminal messages found in the media pertaining to Freemasonry and their symbols. Its as though they run the entire gamut.

If you want my opinion any lower level mason is left in the dark and doesn't know what is truly going on. They're more like pawns. Think about the military for example. Do you think a ship servicemen who does laundry in the Navy is going to know about the details of Navy SEALS black operations? Of course not.

You'll see enlisted personnel not knowing everything that is going on with their own military because certain information is purposely withheld. Many even have differing opinions about the military, not everyone collectively thinks the same. Same thing with Freemasonry and its members.
edit on 9-3-2016 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: supermilkman
a reply to: KSigMason

I'm not a mason, I just happen to live in a small city that has Freemason lodges and some of the locals hype about it a lot. I honestly never thought much about them until I moved out here (Pueblo, CO) and noticed that the huge square and compass symbol was exactly the same as the ones in the Assassin's Creed video games. The game series also talks about secret societies if I remember correctly.

Anyway years ago I was a hardcore skeptic. Didn't believe in aliens, didn't believe in God, was pro-military/pro-government, thought conspiracy theorists were tin-foil hat nutcases, etc. But once I saw this huge symbol right down the street from the public library I started researching into it more.

Throughout my years of researching and networking with people many strange things have had happened. I started noticing how jets were dumping chemicals in the sky (chemtrails), I read 1984 for the first time (the television monitoring caught my attention as I had this paranoia feeling about it in the past), had a couple of UFO sightings, and other phenomena that is hard to describe.

I eventually came to believe what many of these theorists believed in and that labeling them "insane" is part of the system's efforts to discredit their claims.

I hate to be "that guy" especially on a conspiracy site, but you had it much closer to right, a while back. Yes, there are real conspiracies, but not every one of them is real, or has truth to it.

Chemtrails are a fantasy made up by charlatans who need to have a gullible audience to promote their lies in order to profit from them. Science has existed for almost 100 years to explain what you see in the sky. The increase in air traffic is the main reason it's even still an issue today.

Masonry is exactly what the masons here say it is. A good number of us came from conspiracy back grounds and joined for the main reason of finding the truth. How better to know then to join? Well, we did, and found that not only is it a great organization that helps those in need and the community respectively, but the quality of men you see who are masons is at the pinnacle of humanity. They really are good men, and they really are instrumental in making the world a little better.

If you want to know about plumbing, you call a plumber, you don't call a Bank president. If you want to learn about contrails, look to science, that is what explains everything you see, if you want to know about freemasonry, ask a Freemason, or join a lodge.

If you want confirmation bias, go to a conspiracy site, and only listed to those who agree with you.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So you're making statements without being a Mason, but then saying that only top Masons can know yet you know?

Assassins Creed is a mixture of fact and fiction. Chemtrails? I think you mean contrails.

Yeah, that's not how Freemasonry works.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The third eye is integral to their belief system...

It is not at all important and anyone telling you that is full of crap.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I hate to be "that guy" especially on a conspiracy site, but you had it much closer to right, a while back. Yes, there are real conspiracies, but not every one of them is real, or has truth to it.

Chemtrails are a fantasy made up by charlatans who need to have a gullible audience to promote their lies in order to profit from them. Science has existed for almost 100 years to explain what you see in the sky. The increase in air traffic is the main reason it's even still an issue today.

I don't think its fantasy. I know the contrail explanation and allegedly its usage for agricultural reasons but there is something sketchy about it. Why is that they are dumping them in the cities where there are no farm land? Also what does increased air traffic have to do with the fact that these jets are explicitly dumping chemicals over civilians?

You won't convince me that its vapors or contrails because I've seen the hatch open up and literally unloaded a white powder-like substance. I think it could be ionospheric technology but I worry about the side effects that it has on people when exposed to these elements.

Masonry is exactly what the masons here say it is. A good number of us came from conspiracy back grounds and joined for the main reason of finding the truth. How better to know then to join? Well, we did, and found that not only is it a great organization that helps those in need and the community respectively, but the quality of men you see who are masons is at the pinnacle of humanity. They really are good men, and they really are instrumental in making the world a little better.

I somewhat agree with you. They are not all bad and officially have good ideals. I think many of the conspiracy theories involving them are supposition and speculation. Most conspiracies I take with a grain of salt.

However I do believe all organizations can succumb to corruption and abusing their power. I have a lot of reason to believe that although Freemasonry has done a lot of philanthropy work that they still have their bad apples as well.

May I remind you people like Al Capone have done charity work but also murdered people. The government does nation building yet also bombs and destabilizes countries.

Just because an organization claims good motives doesn't mean they act out on them and you never know what is going behind the scenes until it actually happens.

If you want to know about plumbing, you call a plumber, you don't call a Bank president. If you want to learn about contrails, look to science, that is what explains everything you see, if you want to know about freemasonry, ask a Freemason, or join a lodge.

If you want confirmation bias, go to a conspiracy site, and only listed to those who agree with you.

I try to see all angles to a subject. I've read up on the contrails explanation and I don't buy it. Its more likely a cover-up story/propaganda so that the government can keep getting away with dumping chemicals.

Kind of like how the police has done "reverse stings" by selling drugs to patrons to lock them up yet keep the money to themselves. Or like how we sold weapons to cartel members to track them in Mexico. Yeah, it was all a bold face lie for actual trafficking, not some elaborate sting operation.

Again I don't believe in most conspiracy theories but I find that there is too much evidence and coincidences out there to not give credence to some of them.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It actually is. A developed third eye is the link to psychic phenomena. Remote viewing, telepathy, mind control, and other supernatural abilities are utilized through the third eye. I'd even go as far to say that the government has done some testing about it as well. The Men who Stare at Goats comes to mind, as well as some of the super soldier programs the Army has tried.

Many don't believe in such things and even the ones who do will probably never tap into these abilities. It can take a lifetime to fully master and most never achieve. This is occult knowledge and you can ask anyone who is into it that magic and supernatural phenomena is real and powerful.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Most... If Not All... Require That You Start With The Evil Eye.
Pick Your Victim And Stare.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've heard about the evil eye but not sure what to say about it. I have no doubt about the third eye however.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It actually is.

Once again, since you are not listening, none of what you just mentioned has anything to do with nor is discussed or taught in Masonry.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Agree to disagree. Once again, does the laundry man on a Navy ship know the details to a Navy SEAL black operation? Get the picture?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

So if I am the ship's laundry man, as you seem to be implying, what does that make you? A barnacle on the ship's hull?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I don't know you tell me?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Yeah, pretty much. If you think we are 'low-level' that would make you no-level.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
a reply to: Anaana
How was it irrelevant? You said Freemasonry was a cult, I said it wasn't. I provided my evidence, that's not irrelevant, that's supporting my argument with facts. How was it out of context?

Because I qualified the context that I was utilising, and I was the only one making the comparison to a cult. I have repeatedly pointed out the definition of cult that I was referring to. Hardly rocket science.

No, I get what you're trying to say, but you're taking things out of context, and as I've said before, using your logic any group could be called a cult.

It is not my definition, it is Merriam Webster's definition, I linked to it, copied and pasted, so that it would be transparent. I pointed out that the narrow definition, commonly applied to religious cults, was not the context that I was utilising, and still you claim I am out of context. I was the one applying the context to frame my perspective. Was that too simple to follow?

Freemasonry is more than just a dinner club.

Yes I know, as I stated, clearly, you have rituals too, to punctuate the dinners.

Freemasonry doesn't make men good, it strives to make good men better through the lessons it teaches, but it's up to each Mason to apply those lessons in his daily life.

Yes, again, that is what I said, repeatedly now. I said that it was down to the individual and their personal motivations, expectations, etc etc. I don't know why you are having difficulty following.

Freemasonry has contributed plenty to science and still does; today you see a lot in medical science (see CMMRF or RARA). As for esoteric matters, you clearly don't know too much about the SRICF.

You "contribute" financially?

I mean, you have a poor opinion of Freemasonry and its not based on much.

No, I have a very high opinion of Freemasonry, it is Freemasons that disappoint.

Freemasonry is not some fad, fads are short-lived and temporary, and Freemasonry has existed for centuries.

Again, see my earlier qualifier regarding personal motivations, expectations blah, blah, blah. Whether it is a "fad" depends upon how the ideal enshrined in the degrees are applied in practice.

"It is very dangerous to try to interpret something from the outside. It's as if someone unfamiliar with Christianity stepped into a Catholic Church and heard a Priest in the middle of Holy Communion say the words, 'This is the body of Christ, this is the blood of Christ.' Without knowing the context, the ritual can seem strange or unusual. Even a little frightening"
- Brad Meltzer on Decoded

I can walk in off the street to any church and attend a full service, I have no need to view it from the outside to gain understanding of Christian behaviour. Can I say the same about the Lodge?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The definition you used did not approach Freemasonry in the proper context and your definition was not applicable to Freemasonry. Again, Freemasonry is far from a fad as you called it.

You're using a very simplistic definition to misapply to Freemasonry and doesn't take into account the characteristics inherent to cults, and which Freemasonry doesn't meet (as I pointed out in the quoted text and link I supplied earlier). Your applied a narrow definition, too narrow that you have tunnel vision and miss the bigger picture.

Yes I know, as I stated, clearly, you have rituals too, to punctuate the dinners.

LOL *facepalm*

That is still not accurate.

Yes, again, that is what I said, repeatedly now.

No, you said you doubt that Freemasonry makes good men. That is inaccurate as I pointed out.

You "contribute" financially?

In many ways. The CMMRF and RARA are just two examples out of many examples.

I can walk in off the street to any church and attend a full service, I have no need to view it from the outside to gain understanding of Christian behaviour. Can I say the same about the Lodge?

Clearly you didn't get the meaning of that quote.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The definition you used did not approach Freemasonry in the proper context and your definition was not applicable to Freemasonry. Again, Freemasonry is far from a fad as you called it.

To you. My perspective is as valid as yours, and I am allowed to disagree with you, and you with me. You have said nothing to dissuade me from that perspective. You understand how Freemasonry symbolism applies to Freemasons, that is a very limited perspective to apply to the symbolism that you utilise. The way in which that symbolism was applied was applied to reflect a world that existed 300 years ago, a world that no longer exists, hence why I consider it a fad now, and not a fad then.

You're using a very simplistic definition to misapply to Freemasonry and doesn't take into account the characteristics inherent to cults, and which Freemasonry doesn't meet (as I pointed out in the quoted text and link I supplied earlier). Your applied a narrow definition, too narrow that you have tunnel vision and miss the bigger picture.

No I am using a social sciences term to apply it to the observation of Freemasons thus allowing me to widely compare it to a number of groups, organisations and institutions, in terms of behaviour and the use of ritualistic initiations to create group cohesion.

That is still not accurate.

In what way?

Yes, again, that is what I said, repeatedly now.

No, you said you doubt that Freemasonry makes good men. That is inaccurate as I pointed out.

That's twisting things somewhat. I was pointing out that the standard by which "goodness" was established was relative to the "goodness" of those judging said "goodness" being in anyway "better". What is "good"? What is "better"? And by whose standards?

Most of the Freemasons I have met are more than decent blokes, but they probably would be decent blokes whether they became Freemasons or not.

In many ways. The CMMRF and RARA are just two examples out of many examples.

But do you engage with science intellectually in the study of the Craft? Most of us give what we can to charity, we don't need to join a club especially to have that act recognised by our peers, but what I was referring to was the excerpt from an example of the first degree (archaic I believe admittedly) that I posted earlier. I see that you can quote chapter and verse about Freemasonry, what they are and are not supposed to be according to the laws and regulations of the craft, but the symbolism extends, ideally, beyond those boundaries, has to, if it is to be more than the worship of a past ideal, or a current fad.

Clearly you didn't get the meaning of that quote.

Or perhaps you didn't. It's not up to me to explain your perspective, just my own. If you have failed to communicate effectively the fault is yours.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

So what is your opinion of this video? Includes everything from an oath to secrecy to a coven ritual. And don't tell me its not Freemasonry with that checkered floor showed during the ceremony.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join