It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic 'Art'.Deciphered?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

As promised:

Got the numbers for the lottery...

They make it so easy to spot when they come back.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

This one is a particularly virulent troll but it looks like he got caught quickly this time.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Strangely enough, I've noticed that most trolls have bad punctuation in their paragraphs, each with their own particular idiosyncrasies. Each troll's particular brand of punctuation is as good as a signature to the discerning reader. It makes troll-identification an absolute breeze.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: childofapoet

There's some misunderstandings to these symbols. First off the square and compass represents architecture and that God ultimately designed the whole universe. The "G in the middle represents "geometry" or "God." This is why guys like Jesus were carpenters because when you really think about it the whole infrastructure is created by laborers, construction, builders, masons, etc.

Geometry is the basis to all architecture design which is why the Freemasons held it in high esteem.

Also I can tell you the 33rd degree FreeMason's top secret my self. The initiates are told the meaning to life which is to open the third eye and develop extra sensory perception. Its the journey to enlightenment and to become God-like.

The all-seeing eye also represents the fact that God is always watching your every move even when you're alone. Its a reminder that all your deeds and thoughts are being monitored by a higher authority and that one should remain moral even in absence of other people.

You're pretty on point with the duality and yin-yang philosophy. If you read in Genesis 1 it states that God created light and that it was good and separated from darkness. Ultimately there are good and bad forces in the world. Constructive and destructive. Ideally constructive forces are seen as good and destructive forces as bad.

Ultimately however both this yin and yang is necessary. When someone builds a home they have tear down trees and other materials to do so. Cutting down the trees would be the destructive force, building a home out of the wood would be the constructive force.

Same thing with food. A person kills another animal to give sustenance to them self. Killing animal = destructive force. Eating animal = constructive force. This is also at a microscopic level where cells are constantly dying and regenerating news one. The world is based on this cyclic nature of construction and destruction.

Also the Caduceus or 'spiral shape' represents the kundalini and spiritual awakening. Some attribute to it being satanic or other Greek mythology but the serpent rising up the spine is actually a symbol of enlightenment and attaining Godhood.

Other than that I agree with everything on here, especially the note on how people are generally doing things in between the spectrum of positive and negative. Definitely shades of grey when it comes to this world.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: childofapoet

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: childofapoet

If Freemasonry has nothing to do with the Vatican. Then why is there Saint Peter's rock (The rock of the Catholic church) with a bible on it, and the holy see above that. In the image below?

There are portions of the Bible used in the degrees and the eye is the Eye of Providence which was originally a Trinitarian Christian symbol, it has nothing to do with the Vatican.

The Vatican is the bible.

Therefore it has everything to do with the Vatican. Why don't they use Hindu or Buddhist of any other religion in Freemasonry rituals?

Do they?

You can be in any religion you desire to be a Freemason, that includes Buddhism and Hinduism. Generally however most Freemasons are Christian or adhere to the Abrahamic religions. Freemasonry only exempts atheists as they believe you have to have a higher power to be a member.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: supermilkman

There's some misunderstandings to these symbols. First off the square and compass represents architecture and that God ultimately designed the whole universe. The "G in the middle represents "geometry" or "God." This is why guys like Jesus were carpenters because when you really think about it the whole infrastructure is created by laborers, construction, builders, masons, etc.

The square and compass represents their belief that God ultimately designed the whole universe. Not saying God didn't, I, like everyone else, don't know one way or another, just to emphasise that the basis of speculative Freemasonry is no less fallacious than any other theistic belief system.

Operative masons, of course, particularly a Freemason, would be foolish to work under those same delusions.

edit on 2-3-2016 by Anaana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

But what I say is true. It doesn't only represent their belief that God created the world it is also a sort of compass for other men to follow in this same image and build and create them self. There is a reason why Freemasons are called "masons." They are historically known as stone masons.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Also I can tell you the 33rd degree FreeMason's top secret my self. The initiates are told the meaning to life which is to open the third eye and develop extra sensory perception. Its the journey to enlightenment and to become God-like.

Where and what year did you receive the 33rd?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There's a mason lodge down a few blocks where I live. I've talked to a few of them including Knight's Templar's.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman

Ah, so you are a guy who knows a guy. Let me help you out, the 33rd Degree has nothing to do with 'opening your third eye' or developing ESP or to become 'God-like'.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

There is no E.S.P. or other magical secret in Freemasonry...

The greatest thing that we Masons have to teach - the goal of every ritual, of every lesson, the ultimate learning goal of our entire Order, is that you are my Brother, and I am yours.

P.S. Notice that I'm addressing the above sentence to you, and not specifically to another Mason. Think about it.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Anaana

But what I say is true. It doesn't only represent their belief that God created the world it is also a sort of compass for other men to follow in this same image and build and create them self.

Oh yes, it's true, I wasn't questioning that, that is what they believe, but those beliefs are based on late 17th to early 18th century traditions and understandings of the world, as well as much earlier Judeo-Christian systems of belief. Believing something does not make it true, that was the distinction I was making is all. To me, that is indication enough that they are simply what they appear to be, groups of men who like a little ritual between dinner engagements, the majority don't even do any speculating from what I have seen.

There is a reason why Freemasons are called "masons." They are historically known as stone masons.

No, a mason is a builder, always has been. They may build with stone, or just as likely use bricks or wood, probably both. Stone Masons deal only with stone.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

The square and compass represents their belief that God ultimately designed the whole universe.

This is actually incorrect. The square and compasses have a different symbolism in Freemasonry to what you have said here, having to do with our morality and emotions.

Not saying God didn't, I, like everyone else, don't know one way or another, just to emphasise that the basis of speculative Freemasonry is no less fallacious than any other theistic belief system.

Freemasonry is different to other theistic belief systems in that it has no dogma. Many different philosophical/theological ideas are presented, which the Mason then speculates or ponders with an open mind. It is up to each individual Mason to choose his own beliefs.

Freemasons accept that a God exists, but the nature of that God is entirely up to the Mason to decide/discover for himself. If a Mason decides that God is a three-eyed lizard riding on a goat, no-one else will try and change his mind, as it is his prerogative to believe what he will. Masonry has absolutely no dogma with regards to the nature/activities/properties of God.

edit on 3/3/2016 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saurus
This is actually incorrect. The square and compasses have a different symbolism in Freemasonry to what you have said here, having to do with our morality and emotions.

Yes, I appreciate that, but the square and compass even as metaphor make a presumption that the Freemason reflects the "natural" order. That the Freemason view of perfectibility is of a higher order than that of the natural world, and while I do not dispute that potential or possibility, the basis of that belief, within Freemasonry is skewed because it is so terribly dated.

Freemasonry is different to other theistic belief systems in that it has no dogma. Many different philosophical/theological ideas are presented, which the Mason then speculates or ponders with an open mind. It is up to each individual Mason to choose his own beliefs.

Freemasons accept that a God exists, but the nature of that God is entirely up to the Mason to decide/discover for himself. If a Mason decides that God is a three-eyed lizard riding on a goat, no-one else will try and change his mind, as it is his prerogative to believe what he will. Masonry has absolutely no dogma with regards to the nature/activities/properties of God.

It has a great deal of ritual though, ritual that the vast majority of Freemasons learn simply by rote without any deeper understanding of what those symbols and rituals represent beyond being a process to be followed precisely in order to gain admittance and acceptance to the group. Ritual without practical application is dogmatic behaviour.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Blast!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

The square and compass represents their belief that God ultimately designed the whole universe. Not saying God didn't, I, like everyone else, don't know one way or another...

No, no, no. You missed it totally.

The square and compass represent the fact that engineers are the true rulers of Earth. It's pretty blatant.

Oh, and the 'g' in the middle, well, it represents that a...shall we say 'caprid' influence is present at the secret meetings.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

The square and compass represents their belief that God ultimately designed the whole universe. Not saying God didn't, I, like everyone else, don't know one way or another...

No, no, no. You missed it totally.

I didn't miss it at all...but more to the point, they don't though, do they, which was the actual point I was making...unless we include social engineering that is.

But yes, thank you Bosun for obliging me by clearing that up for us all. I can see why the Hooks of this world like to keep you to hand.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Blast!

I knew you were going to say that.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Saurus

Text The square and compasses have a different symbolism in Freemasonry to what you have said here, having to do with our morality and emotions.

That sounds interesting ... could you or any other Freemason explain a little more or give examples ... if that is permitted

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

A little something and simple.

edit on 3/3/2016 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join