It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More false accusations of racism, this time from University of Albany

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Just came across this topic whilst browsing reddit. Funny how the truth has comes out and is buried by the MSM, barely getting a passing mention.

I will put both links at the bottom.

I'm not sure which material would be good to post, so I will give you a breakdown. Essentially, on January 30th, 3 black women made accusations against a dozen white students that the white students assaulted them and called them racial slurs, and then after getting off the bus, nobody helped them. As it turns out today however, it was actually the 3 BLACK WOMEN who were the aggressors, and according to other witnesses on the bus (from different races), one of the black women was the only person who used a racial slur against one of the white students!

As reported by CNN on February 2. 3 Black women made claims that they were physically attacked by a large group of white men and women on a bus who shouted racial slurs. They claim after they got off the bus no one helped them. They gave a speech claiming they will stay strong and proud and also (if you can stomach the video) claimed, at a massive rally on school grounds "Black Women have been squished under the hand of White Men and Women"

Less than 24 hours later, the President of the University released a statement condemning the 'attack' and told, without any sort of proof, his entire student body that the women were the victims of a hate crime. He doesn't say alleged, claimed, anything, he outright states:

"Early this morning, three of our students were harassed and assaulted while riding on a CDTA bus on Western Ave. in Albany.

The students, who are Black women, stated that racial slurs were used by the perpetrators, whom they described as a group of 10 to 12 white males and females.

He then continues on to state that racism and sexism will not be tolerated. Again, this is less than 24 hours after the alleged attack.

Hilary Clinton then condemns the attack on Twitter, along with Tyreek Burwell, and NFL offensive line man for the San Diego Chargers, who also threatened a student who then LEFT THE UNIVERSITY because he feared for his safety. (if I can find a screenshot of the tweet, I will put it, it was up only for a brief period of time, then deleted) Again, this is all happening less than 24 hours after the attack.

So far we have the University President backing a story with zero proof, backing baseless accusations against innocent white students. Hilary Clinton speaking on the matter, and now, what turns out to be innocent students being threatened by NFL players who have to leave campus because they fear for their physical safety.

But then the truth comes out. According to News 10 Albany, the complete reverse of this story actually turns out to be true. The 3 black women were actually the aggressors on the bus incident. And the only racial slurs that were thrown that night were by one of the girls, directed at one of the passengers she was attacking.

From the article:

“I especially want to point out that what happened on the bus was not a ‘hate crime.’ We spent a great deal of time carefully reviewing the audio recordings to determine whether any racial slurs were used. The only person we heard uttering racial epithets was one of the defendants. And it is important to note that no witness reported hearing any racial slurs directed at the defendants. And those witnesses were people from a variety of racial and ethnic backgrounds.”

Now, I have been busy with life, but over the last few months, I have posted no less than 5 incidents of false accusations of racism leveled against white people by black people. I hope to get back on that track, there is obviously no shortage.

My questions: If these women were heard using racial slurs, why are they not being charged with a hate crime? The mainstream media (CNN) was all about that when the story first broke. But now the shoe is on the other foot and it's not appropriate?

I would also like to point out the impatient, rabid ignorance that the left displayed here. They were practically foaming at the mouth in their condemnation of this supposed attack, in true typical Liberal style, making judgements before all the information is in.

End result of this debacle? A University President, and Hilary Clinton basically accused over a dozen White students of racism with no factual basis whatsoever. And an NFL football player (who still hasn't issued an apology) physically threatened one of the students who was supposedly involved in the "attack", and he felt that his safety was in so much jeopardy that he stopped going to school, and now his education has been obstructed. All because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

What is the University going to do to address these injustices? Likely nothing. The kid who fled campus has just flushed an entire semesters worth of tuition down the drain just because he was trying to get the # home, and a dozen students were accused of something that can follow them around for the rest of their lives. And a rally was held on school property that propagated racial divide and could have easily incited violence.

Discuss. I would be interested in hearing some of our most vocal local Liberals on this board trying to defend these despicable actions. You guys all come out of the woodwork when you hear cases of injustice faced by Blacks, or read a sensationalized story about racial injustice. If you are not hypocrites, you will come out and decry this. If not, then bask in it. Everyone knows who you are.

As always, keep it civil.

Sources:
news10.com... - Women Charged with false reporting

www.cnn.com... - CNN pushing for racial animosity

www.albany.edu... - President of the University ignorantly accepting and giving merit to only one side of the story, before having all the facts, reinforcing what turned out to be false racism accusations against more than a dozen innocent White Students

twitter.com... - Hillary Clinton doing the same damn thing

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

The civil rights movement in its dying process needs the proverbial boogey man, it's unfortunate, or to the dismay of many; that the Joe blow of today is not racist and holds zero debt to anyone's misfortunes. So, now many have to paint the illusion. it's funny to hear this same argument regarding Islamic extremism even in the face of legitment polls and numbers, that this is the boogey man of the right wing. If that's the case, than "they" automatically presuppose that the white devil is also the boogeyman of the left wing. Though from objective perspective meaning NON MYOPIC; which truly represents a bigger threat? And is it not a disgrace to even juxtapose the two?

With all that said I'm willing to bet, that a lot more #ty people exist than the "white devil".
edit on 26-2-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
Just came across this topic whilst browsing reddit. Funny how the truth has comes out and is buried by the MSM, barely getting a passing mention.

I will put both links at the bottom.

I'm not sure which material would be good to post, so I will give you a breakdown. Essentially, on January 30th, 3 black women made accusations against a dozen white students that the white students assaulted them and called them racial slurs, and then after getting off the bus, nobody helped them. As it turns out today however, it was actually the 3 BLACK WOMEN who were the aggressors, and according to other witnesses on the bus (from different races), one of the black women was the only person who used a racial slur against one of the white students!

As reported by CNN on February 2. 3 Black women made claims that they were physically attacked by a large group of white men and women on a bus who shouted racial slurs. They claim after they got off the bus no one helped them. They gave a speech claiming they will stay strong and proud and also (if you can stomach the video) claimed, at a massive rally on school grounds "Black Women have been squished under the hand of White Men and Women"

Less than 24 hours later, the President of the University released a statement condemning the 'attack' and told, without any sort of proof, his entire student body that the women were the victims of a hate crime. He doesn't say alleged, claimed, anything, he outright states:

"Early this morning, three of our students were harassed and assaulted while riding on a CDTA bus on Western Ave. in Albany.

The students, who are Black women, stated that racial slurs were used by the perpetrators, whom they described as a group of 10 to 12 white males and females.

He then continues on to state that racism and sexism will not be tolerated. Again, this is less than 24 hours after the alleged attack.

Hilary Clinton then condemns the attack on Twitter, along with Tyreek Burwell, and NFL offensive line man for the San Diego Chargers, who also threatened a student who then LEFT THE UNIVERSITY because he feared for his safety. (if I can find a screenshot of the tweet, I will put it, it was up only for a brief period of time, then deleted) Again, this is all happening less than 24 hours after the attack.

So far we have the University President backing a story with zero proof, backing baseless accusations against innocent white students. Hilary Clinton speaking on the matter, and now, what turns out to be innocent students being threatened by NFL players who have to leave campus because they fear for their physical safety.

But then the truth comes out. According to News 10 Albany, the complete reverse of this story actually turns out to be true. The 3 black women were actually the aggressors on the bus incident. And the only racial slurs that were thrown that night were by one of the girls, directed at one of the passengers she was attacking.

From the article:

“I especially want to point out that what happened on the bus was not a ‘hate crime.’ We spent a great deal of time carefully reviewing the audio recordings to determine whether any racial slurs were used. The only person we heard uttering racial epithets was one of the defendants. And it is important to note that no witness reported hearing any racial slurs directed at the defendants. And those witnesses were people from a variety of racial and ethnic backgrounds.”

Now, I have been busy with life, but over the last few months, I have posted no less than 5 incidents of false accusations of racism leveled against white people by black people. I hope to get back on that track, there is obviously no shortage.

My questions: If these women were heard using racial slurs, why are they not being charged with a hate crime? The mainstream media (CNN) was all about that when the story first broke. But now the shoe is on the other foot and it's not appropriate?

I would also like to point out the impatient, rabid ignorance that the left displayed here. They were practically foaming at the mouth in their condemnation of this supposed attack, in true typical Liberal style, making judgements before all the information is in.

End result of this debacle? A University President, and Hilary Clinton basically accused over a dozen White students of racism with no factual basis whatsoever. And an NFL football player (who still hasn't issued an apology) physically threatened one of the students who was supposedly involved in the "attack", and he felt that his safety was in so much jeopardy that he stopped going to school, and now his education has been obstructed. All because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

What is the University going to do to address these injustices? Likely nothing. The kid who fled campus has just flushed an entire semesters worth of tuition down the drain just because he was trying to get the # home, and a dozen students were accused of something that can follow them around for the rest of their lives. And a rally was held on school property that propagated racial divide and could have easily incited violence.

Discuss. I would be interested in hearing some of our most vocal local Liberals on this board trying to defend these despicable actions. You guys all come out of the woodwork when you hear cases of injustice faced by Blacks, or read a sensationalized story about racial injustice. If you are not hypocrites, you will come out and decry this. If not, then bask in it. Everyone knows who you are.

As always, keep it civil.

Sources:
news10.com... - Women Charged with false reporting

www.cnn.com... - CNN pushing for racial animosity

www.albany.edu... - President of the University ignorantly accepting and giving merit to only one side of the story, before having all the facts, reinforcing what turned out to be false racism accusations against more than a dozen innocent White Students

twitter.com... - Hillary Clinton doing the same damn thing

Just another knee jerk reaction from the boss jerks who are supposedly in charge. If there was a police complaint filed by the "victims" and it can be shown to be false, that is a criminal offense. The college should expel the three witches and use their scholarship money to pay the tuition of the falsely accused. If the NFL player did threaten violence, both the league and the courts should deal with him before he spends all his bonus money on his posse. The student who was threatened and those falsely accused should consider civil action. Just the act of filing may precipitate MSM coverage.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Does the NFL not sanction players for crimes and misconduct?

The women and the player should be held on hate charges.

It's that simple.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
I would be interested in hearing some of our most vocal local Liberals on this board trying to defend these despicable actions. You guys all come out of the woodwork when you hear cases of injustice faced by Blacks,

Awesome generalization.

I think you are discussing progressives. they aren't liberals..they pretend to be in the same way a theocrat pretends to be conservative

Racism is ugly and what happened here was racism. I think as more and more racist attacks happens, I am becoming more comfortable with big brother style cameras everywhere in public. I guess its gonna happen anyhow in time, so lets just do it.

Some may say racism cannot affect white people because racism requires power plus structure and like potatoes and something else, who knows..who cares, those people are mentally challenged. racism happens to all, and this is a case of racism in a few ways

it was obviously a few black people using racism to try and I guess play victim
Scummy, but that isn't the worst part

The worst part is the reaction..it was just as racist for faculty to listen and believe..why did they? do they inherently see black people as victims forever? This is the progressive mindset..dont even question, blacks of course are victims, after all, they are somehow inferior and will always be beaten down by the powerful whites..so these faculty must play the role of savior

Anyone who just believed without evidence is guilty of racism..racism against whites assuming they are attackers because someone simply said so without evidence
racist against black people for assuming they will always be at the recieving end of racism simply as a fact of life.

Its time we stop thinking this way, this false narrative only strengthens the unnecessary animosity between one another...

And screw it..lets get cameras up already.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20416839]SaturnFX[/post

Outstanding post!

I think you are discussing progressives. they aren't liberals..they pretend to be in the same way a theocrat pretends to be conservative

Your analogy is one I have encountered many times in the gun control topic, and examples of both groups can be found on any given subject in HuffPo comments sections. Without the benefit of the entire story, it's a default mode for some people.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I want to know why it was necessary to validate the eyewitness accounts by saying they were " from many ethnic backgrounds ".

So, they can't be trusted if they were all white?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The white race is not respected, there is an inherent hatred towards the white race that is bestowed from generation to generation... It's also cultural in some religions and societies.

The white race in under attack and so is Christianity... The atheist and the liberal will not be allowed to decry this heritage, when it's gone.
edit on 26 2 2016 by Hex1an because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Well the victims,in this case the falsely accused whites,should make a huge big noise about this,file lawsuits,GO PUBLIC and draw massive attention to this matter.Likewise the student threatened by the NFL player,bring Criminal charges,sue him into vagrancy if that's what it takes.I hope like hell these students don't stay victims by letting this matter slide.If any of these were my kids,i can guarantee,i would not stop till this travesty was huge national news.And if it was my kid who felt threatened enough to have to leave,that NFL guy would have criminal and civil suits coming up asap.If folks do not fight this type of evil crap legally and Very vocally it is only going to get worse and worse.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Let's see if I've got the general logic down correctly here ...

Three racist girls acted up on a bus, then tried to turn the situation around on innocent people, got caught at their deception and are now facing charges for false reporting and assault.

And that means that every report of racism and/or hate crime is also false, particularly if made by Blacks, and further, that White Americans are really the only ones being oppressed and assaulted, every day, everywhere across America.

That about right?
edit on 26-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling and format

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Let's see if I've got the general logic down correctly here ...

Three racist girls acted up on a bus, then tried to turn the situation around on innocent people, got caught at their deception and are now facing charges for false reporting and assault.

And that means that every report of racism and/or hate crime is also false, particularly if made by Blacks, and further, that White Americans are really the only ones being oppressed and assaulted, every day, everywhere across America.

That about right?

Only in your mind

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

More false accusations of racism, this time from University of Albany

The whole concept here is, IMESHO, to further divide this nation, with race/ethnicity as one of the many divisions being sought.

Why do such? Because a nation divided unto itself cannot, and will not stand. So long as the population of the United States is so entirely focused on hating itself at every turn, those in the marbled halls of power can do pretty much as they please.

Unfortunately... we are also a nation that has been so dumbed-down, this flies well above our range of visual recognition.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

The NFL is a private organization. Is Albany University? If it is a state school, then it problably can't do that even if it wants to because of the tax dollars it receives.

However, thanks to the display it made earlier in the year, Mizzou is taking it in the shorts all over. They've lost athletic recruits and their alumni donations are in the tank. Their enrollment is also down.

That would be the only way to effectively "punish" the school - for the alumni to take action against it and for prospective students to avoid going there in favor of schools where they feel their interests are better looked after.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

I don't think it's "just in my own mind" ... we've had several posters make wide-sweeping comments based on the OP that say that this incident shows that White people are generally disliked, distrusted and mistreated across the US.

If you missed that, reread the thread. (I don't know how you could miss it, one of the statements was yours.)

Now, I am a leftist, and I'm usually considered liberal here ... and the OP requested that "liberals" come in and discuss the issue ... and that's why I'm here.

Let's review my claims.

1. The girls in question appear to be acting in a racist way in the security videos.

2. They in fact (based on the investigations) were the culprits and instigators of the issues on the bus.

3. I stated that they apparently tried to turn the situation around and make it appear that the other students were doing what they themselves were doing ... and this came to light as a result of investigation of the claims.

4. The girls are now facing charges for their allegedly illegal actions. (Alleged because innocent until proven guilty.)

Further ...

5. The President of the University tried to "get out in front" of the story only to discover that he got apparently got run over by the facts of the matter. Moral: Discover the facts before making sweeping statements.

6. Hillary Clinton: a politician speaking of something she didn't fully understand. Moral: Will wonders never cease?

7. NFL Player Tyreek Burwell is the BROTHER of Asha Burwell one of the now accused. He thought someone had physically abused his little sister, and he made a really stupid "Tweet" that he then deleted (probably when he found out more about the situation). You guys really want to censure people for one deleted Tweet now? Moral: Don't Tweet threats right or wrong.

... but given those things, what do we see here in this discussion?

Poster after poster laments that this event is indicative of the apparently near-universal racial hatred directed at White Americans. The tired claim of the right-wing agenda that we are all "post racial" in this country is repeated, since, you know there's no racism left despite the fact that it still shows up every day,

How many racially-motivated attacks happened in the period from late January of this year until the posting date of the OP?

Did anyone think to ask that question?

Or was it just easier to jump on the same style bandwagon that apparently the University President, the NFL Player and the Presidential Candidate jumped on and claim that the actions of these three girls somehow reflects the actions of millions across the country?

Tea pot/kettle anyone?

edit on 26-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

This is based on the socially ingrained concept in the black community that again, racism only occurs against blacks and that black people can't possibly be racist to other racial groups due to their historical suffering. This incident won't be classified as a hate crime because there's a huge double standard that is being perpetuated on to white people. It's not just the progressive blacks that are to blame, you also have to give some credit to the guilty white folks for their role in this. The stupid thing is, this double standard is based on an appeal to emotion. Objectively racism effects all racial groups. Whites included, I just wish more people could see that.

Not to derail,this is also very similar to the time when Rolling Stones backed up a false gang rape accusation against a fraternity. The faculty staff,students and the media didn't bother fact checking the authenticity of the girl's story. Thankfully with this(False assault case) evidence came to light before the progressive organizations could do more damage to the falsely accused. This is in part due to the fact that media organizations(regardless of political affiliations) sometimes don't bother fact checking reports, they just want to be the first to publish.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The FBI keeps tallies on all reported "hate crimes" available on their website.

In 2014 for example, there were 3081 offenses based on race according to this table.

So, who knows how that breaks down but let's say it's evenly, so in the month since this event if 2016 is similar to 2014 there will have been around 250 offenses, qualifying as hate crime based on race during this period.

Yet, this one incident motivates the idea that these reports are just "more false accusations" ... ie. (not squinting at it too hard) "yet another false" accusation"

Doesn't this present a logical problem for anyone?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You would like it to be evenly..

What are the numbers regarding white on black crime? Or racially motivated crime? Juxtapose that to black on white crime even disregarding per capita! I bet you'd be in a big liberal surprise. Sorry it doesn't break evenly, makes me want to sing a song.
edit on 26-2-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
My two cents on this is that what occurred on the bus is gray area in terms of racism. It's hard to tell from what I'm looking at as the motive.

What occurred after the bus incident is highly likely to be racism. Though my first thought is not racism but conspiracy to commit fraud. I'd like to know the timeline better. The longer they waited to make the 911 call, the more likely its conspiracy to commit fraud.

The people running the college were right to cover their @ right away by condemning what was told to them. The politicians however, are nothing but race baiting, racists towards minorities.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Gryphon66

You would like it to be evenly..

What are the numbers regarding white on black crime? Or racially motivated crime? Juxtapose that to black on white crime even disregarding per capita! I bet you'd be in a big liberal surprise. Sorry it doesn't break evenly, makes me want to sing a song.

Evenly across time not race, TechX ... the total of 3081/12 months would equal about 250 a month, and it's been about a month since the OP's event of concern until the present.

Do you have other data to present that contradicts the FBI reports? Let's hear it!

If you bothered to read the link provided you'd note the information as stated actually does break down the numbers by race again IF YOU WERE INTERESTED.

Facts, as you say, might let you in on a "big conservative surprise."

Why not look at the actual information and comment on facts rather than waving your hands at the standard propaganda?

I'd be glad to discuss these facts with you for the record.
edit on 26-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Let's take a look at the FBI Data, shall we?

From the link above, in 2014 there were:

A total of 3081 offenses that were categorized as hate crimes with a racial motivation.

1955 were "anti-Black"

701 were "anti-White"

So percentage wise ...

1955/3081 or 63.45% were "anti-Black"

701/3081 or 22.75% were "anti-White"

And also, keep in mind that this involves a general population that is only about 14% Black and 63% White.

So, there were 1955/701 or nearly three times (2.78) as many hate crimes committed against Blacks in 2014 as Whites.

This means, however, that Whites are victimized in this regard far more than Blacks ... by some wierd backassed logic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join