It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More false accusations of racism, this time from University of Albany

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

If the attack by the women wasn't racial than why after they attacked people did they go out and say they were racially profiled and attacked... racial motivation is shown by that act alone.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Well if there's no Real racism from whites against blacks,it seems some will Have to be fabricated..lest victimhood be lost,and sympathy,and support.. and some actually have to gain what they want in life through hard work,sacrifice and strength of character and personality..shudders..the horror..The Horror..

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: Antipathy17

Well if there's no Real racism from whites against blacks,it seems some will Have to be fabricated..lest victimhood be lost,and sympathy,and support.. and some actually have to gain what they want in life through hard work,sacrifice and strength of character and personality..shudders..the horror..The Horror..

Is your implication here that Blacks try to gain what they want in life by some means other than hard work, sacrifice, strength of character and personality?

"Some" is an indefinite pronoun ... care to clarify?
edit on 26-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Oh i would be more than happy to clarify. If you can read,if you can hear,and if you have enough braincells to consolidate what you see and hear,into a cohesive deduction,it is crystal clear that there are many black people who are happy to play the race card and victim card-in Your country And in mine.Even from threads on this site,that much is crystal clear.Some,Many..how shall we know the Definitive number,unless we both are Seriously psychic,and our figures seem to more or less concur on comparison? No one knows the Exact number. Which is why i said some,and many. Because no one can tell the exact amount of folks who have unfortunately fallen prey to this disempowering and ridiculous victim mentality. But if fixating on an indefinite pronoun is your only reply,and ALL that you take away from my reply,there is not much i can do about that,is there?

Pity is,folks who are always on the lookout for "racists/racism" do just not seem to Get that what i say,i say out of a sense of fair play and justness,and out of a deep-seated frustration that the black community in America,and in my own country - do they Really not see that as long as you play/identify as a victim,you will NEVER be a VICTOR. Because i actually really LIKE black people. Yet people see my frustration for the sake of black people,coupled with my hatred for injustice and my abhorrence of deviousness, as racism. Oh well.Make of it what you want,you propably will anyway.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

So, the take away is that if someone doesn't agree with you, they are illiterate, deaf and brainless?

LOL ... what a great way to start a reasonable interchange! But okay ... I'm game.

So you think that there are "many Black people" who are happy to play the race card and victim card in the USA.

(What country are you from by the way, just for S&G?)

Let's put a number on your description of "many" shall we? Would you say 40% of Black Americans are racists and victims? 50%? More?

Let's go with 50% for the sake of average and argument ... so what you're telling me, that you see as an incontrovertible fact, is that around 26 million Black Americans (again, on average) are uniformly racist and manipulative?

Do you feel like you believe you're expressing some sort of "fair play" when you insinuate that 26 million (or whatever "many" and "some" means) might, as you said previously, "actually have to gain what they want in life through hard work,sacrifice and strength of character and personality..shudders..the horror..The Horror.."

See, here's what I think.

I think you believe that "some if many if not most" Black Americans are racists, play the victim card, and that they're not willing to work hard or sacrifice and that they don't have strength of character and personality sufficient to succeed.

The fact that you can obliquely make such a blanket statement, indeed while you feel like you're saying something inspirational to Black Americans or anyone else ... points square-on at the real problem we face.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: chuck258
I would be interested in hearing some of our most vocal local Liberals on this board trying to defend these despicable actions. You guys all come out of the woodwork when you hear cases of injustice faced by Blacks,

Awesome generalization.

I think you are discussing progressives. they aren't liberals..they pretend to be in the same way a theocrat pretends to be conservative

Fair enough point. I am most definitely talking about Progressives. However I will say the two are often linked at the hip. A non Progressive liberal is about as rare as a Conservative democrat. I think, politically speaking, if Dems and Republicans jobs weren't on the line if they voted against party lines, the govt would be much more smoothly run.
edit on 26-2-2016 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

I want to know why it was necessary to validate the eyewitness accounts by saying they were " from many ethnic backgrounds ".

So, they can't be trusted if they were all white?

Pretty much
edit on 26-2-2016 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

President Washington agreed with you.

Also, we'd need to define progressive, liberal, left, as they truly do not mean the same things, except in political rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So, the take away is that if someone doesn't agree with you, they are illiterate, deaf and brainless?

LOL..you misunderstand on purpose,i can see. Well i go from the assumption that you are intelligent,so i assumed also you would take that to mean what i meant it to be. Unless you joined ATS,and indeed,the planet about 2 hours ago,you would Know that this issue is not a new one,and that in fact,it is quite a big issue. The race card. The victim mentality. Once you recover from your Austin Powers-like cryonic state,read ALL the threads in the Social Issues and Civil Unrest forum.Not just the ones sympathetic to the liberal-progressive ilk,ALL of them, that should get you up to speed with the current state of affairs.

No i said i did not have a figure or percentage,you are the one throwing percentages around. You are the one making blanket statements. You are also the one who assume that i have this mental picture in my mind of half of all African Americans being victim to this mentality. I am South African,seeing you asked,and yes,even 20 years after apartheid ended,i see every day that mentality,from SOME black people. Those are not the ones who are my friends. But i do have black friends,who,free from victim mentality and a forest on their shoulders,realise that their lives and the outcomes of their lives are up to Them.And to their hard work and common sense and dedication alone.I choose to be friends with them,instead of gangbangers and losers,of ANY race.It's not about "saying something inspirational' to black Americans,or indeed black people anywhere. It is how I feel,frustrated for people with a victim mentality,this thread happens to be focusing on black folks.I know who i am,who and what i like,choose to associate with,and losers with a loser mentality of ANY race,are not among them.

Don't even TRY to portray me as a racist,you know Nothing about me.If i did not care about ALL people,including black people,i would not even have wasted my time on this thread.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Let's see if I've got the general logic down correctly here ...

Three racist girls acted up on a bus, then tried to turn the situation around on innocent people, got caught at their deception and are now facing charges for false reporting and assault.

And that means that every report of racism and/or hate crime is also false, particularly if made by Blacks, and further, that White Americans are really the only ones being oppressed and assaulted, every day, everywhere across America.

That about right?

Er..... No?

But the fact that these made up stories are becoming more and more common does several things you, and others like you are not addressing.

It casts serious doubt on the amount of racism you claim exists. No one (>9/10 of people) has ever said racism is dead. But you all speak as if it is no different than the day MLK was shot. Despite the certain facts like how the interracial murder rate is actually twice as high for black on white murders than the other way around.

It has practically erased due process. As soon as these stories break, Progressives spread it like wildfire, ruining careers, putting the innocent parties at physical risk (the student who was threatened by the NFL player, Darren Wilson, George Zimmerman, etc). When the truth comes out as it always does, Progressives don't even have the decency to retract their story, apologize, spread the REAL truth like wildfire, etc. All people see is the pseudo outrage, they get pissed, and it pushes the racial divide that much further apart.

And, as a point in and of itself, the racial divide is furthered when only one half of the story gets told. Hell, I'm sure you've heard of the story of the Black teenagers that attacked that White Marine. They're not being charged with hate crimes. How much would you be willing to bet in the exact same location, but the races reversed, and instead of the now White perps asking the now innocent Black man if he has a problem with the Co federated flag and they beat and robbed him that they would be charged with hate crimes?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I misunderstand???

You stated, clearly, that

If you can read,if you can hear,and if you have enough braincells to consolidate what you see and hear,into a cohesive deduction,it is crystal clear that there are many black people who are happy to play the race card and victim card-in Your country And in mine.

Your words not mine.

As to the rest of your folksy banter ... no disrespect but I am uninterested ... nor am I going to attempt to unravel it.

Let's focus on your claim:

What percentage then is "some" and "many" and "most" then in your presentation?

Let's try to put some actual numbers on the ideas about Black Americans that you have in your head!

EDIT: Also, South African eh? Born and bred? What was your stance on apartheid?
edit on 26-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Also, we'd need to define progressive, liberal, left, as they truly do not mean the same things, except in political rhetoric.

You're right, and I addressed that point. I would edit it if I could. I often interchange the two because they so often go hand in hand.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
wow.....this would not have happened if people in authority had done some verification of events, and taken the time to investigate.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'll reiterate my view.

I'm not particularly hung up on whether they have private status or not. It should be irrelevant. I don't know what charges are being slapped on, but, as far as my own sense of morality goes:

If those girls don't have the law throwing hate charges at them, something is wrong.

If the University doesn't deal with the girls, for the safety of their students, something is wrong.

If the player that threatened that University student and forced him out of education is not sanctioned within the nationwide organisation he represents, something is wrong.

If that player is not brought up on hate and harassment charges, guess what? Something is wrong.

Perhaps all that has happened already, I don't know. If it has, happy days, perhaps they will learn from it and become better people. Best case scenario.

Though, I doubt they will really be punished accordingly, for the mess they made. That, I believe, would very wrong. At least, according to the angel on my shoulder.

That's just my opinion. You get that for free.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

You're right, and I addressed that point. I would edit it if I could. I often interchange the two because they so often go hand in hand.

No worries. I speak out of honestly not understanding what many folks here mean by "progressive" as opposed to "liberal, leftist, Democrats" etc. Because the meanings that I am familiar with are distinct.

Have you read, just out of curiosity, President Washington's Farewell Address?

If not, I think you'd find it fascinating and eerily predictive of where we find ourselves in our current political stalemates.

The unity of government which constitutes you one people is also now dear to you. It is justly so, for it is a main pillar in the edifice of your real independence, the support of your tranquility at home, your peace abroad; of your safety; of your prosperity; of that very liberty which you so highly prize.

But as it is easy to foresee that, from different causes and from different quarters, much pains will be taken, many artifices employed to weaken in your minds the conviction of this truth; as this is the point in your political fortress against which the batteries of internal and external enemies will be most constantly and actively (though often covertly and insidiously) directed, it is of infinite moment that you should properly estimate the immense value of your national union to your collective and individual happiness; that you should cherish a cordial, habitual, and immovable attachment to it; accustoming yourselves to think and speak of it as of the palladium of your political safety and prosperity; watching for its preservation with jealous anxiety; discountenancing whatever may suggest even a suspicion that it can in any event be abandoned; and indignantly frowning upon the first dawning of every attempt to alienate any portion of our country from the rest, or to enfeeble the sacred ties which now link together the various parts.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The FBI keeps tallies on all reported "hate crimes" available on their website.

In 2014 for example, there were 3081 offenses based on race according to this table.

So, who knows how that breaks down but let's say it's evenly, so in the month since this event if 2016 is similar to 2014 there will have been around 250 offenses, qualifying as hate crime based on race during this period.

Yet, this one incident motivates the idea that these reports are just "more false accusations" ... ie. (not squinting at it too hard) "yet another false" accusation"

Doesn't this present a logical problem for anyone?

No. I don't believe the stats. It's just common sense those numbers are ridiculous.

This is 2016. I believe that any numbers, especially put out by the government, related to race won't be reported or won't be honestly reported if they aren't politically correct.
edit on 2/26/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

As far as the white people on the bus.

If any white person disagreed with the claims by the girls, then they can just be lumped together as one of the 10-12 harassers.

Unbiased witnesses in the form of 'non-white' peeps was needed along with the audio to prove them as fraudsters.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

The FBI reported cases?

I'm unsure of how to best respond.

Is the FBI making them up?

What does "common sense" tell you?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Speaking of "White", what does that even mean?

Not every "white" nationality had a hand in american plantations or slavery at all. How about the children of immigrants from 20 years ago?
edit on 2262016 by Butterfinger because: picture

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

a reply to: RedDragon

The FBI reported cases?

I'm unsure of how to best respond.

Is the FBI making them up?

What does "common sense" tell you?

Common sense tells me that if there was even 1 SJW in the numbers collection process or management chain, the numbers wouldn't be released in an honest format if they didn't support the politically correct narrative.

I imagine government released race numbers are like the wage gap numbers or the college rape stats.
edit on 2/26/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join