It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana miracle: Cannabis oil cures woman with stage IV lung cancer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
While critics are correct that, skeptically, this proves nothing of statistical, scientific, or medicinal value sadly (big, long term, large sample studies are desperately needed, and complicated by legalities,) at the very least it's clear - at least in this anecdotal case - it certainly didn't make her disease any worse. And if that's all that can be said, and it at all in any way ameliorated her suffering, that's enough reason alone to legalize it as far as I'm concerned.

But yeah, it is increasingly suspected that there is a beneficial effect going on, especially when things like Rick Simpson oil are utilized. Research is, again, desperately needed.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Gabapentin worked well for my Sciatica. I only take it as needed, and not nearly in the quantity prescribed.

Just about any medication can have unexpected side-effects. My doctor isn't a big fan of the drug himself. But when I told him I got some relief from it, he told me to take it only as long as I needed.

As far as the OP is concerned, I will say that Cannabis has some positive effects on a number of different illnesses. More research is needed however.

-dex

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlestonChew

The fact that you can't find the evidence to support these claims should dispel your confusion.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
people are confused. the cannibus treatment isn't docs telling people to smoke a joint, it is, like all medicines, high dose concentrate oils injections I would bet a entire honey glazed donut.

I am not opposed to it being legal for recreational use mind you, but if you are wanting to get your smoke on, its not out of a desire to fight cancer, heh...hell, if that were true, Bob Marley wouldn't have checked out how he did.

I am encouraged to find the new treatment options with the high concentrate cannibus oils though, another in the arsenal to fight off this cancer crap.

+++
You know, I have been hearing, from medical sources, new huge breakthroughs in cancer treatment and near cures..for over 20 years now!
Why the hell do we still have cancer, heart disease, or any of this.
We should be now trying to figure out how to rapidly make cities underground and space stations to house billions due to a major population explosion.

When taken by mouth, cannabinoid entry into the body is erratic. As little as 4% of an oral dose reaches the bloodstream - too little to be reproducibly and therapeutically useful www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlestonChew
a reply to: ReadLeader

Here are 100 scientific studies to look through, all related to the affects of marijuana on cancer cells:

There Are Now 100 Scientific Studies That Prove Cannabis Cures Cancer

Scroll down past the Youtube video for the full list of studies.

You should read this 'Medical marijuana as the new herbalism, part 2: Cannabis does not cure cancer' www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
While critics are correct that, skeptically, this proves nothing of statistical, scientific, or medicinal value sadly (big, long term, large sample studies are desperately needed, and complicated by legalities,) at the very least it's clear - at least in this anecdotal case - it certainly didn't make her disease any worse. And if that's all that can be said, and it at all in any way ameliorated her suffering, that's enough reason alone to legalize it as far as I'm concerned.

But yeah, it is increasingly suspected that there is a beneficial effect going on, especially when things like Rick Simpson oil are utilized. Research is, again, desperately needed.

Peace.

Simpson is a quack with no good evidence to back his many claims up

Some of the studies found evidence that cannabinoids, under some circumstances, can actually stimulate cancer cell growth and possibly contribute to tumor progression www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

''These effects while of potential benefits in some inflammatory/autoimmune diseases may worsen HIV infection, tumorigenesis and allergic inflammation in the lung.'' www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol enhances breast cancer growth and metastasis by suppression of the antitumor immune response www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits antitumor immunity by a CB2 receptor-mediated, cytokine-dependent pathway www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Cancer cells can develop resistance to cannabinoids and start growing again www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
'Medical marijuana as the new herbalism, part 3: A “cannabis cures cancer” testimonial' www.sciencebasedmedicine.org... and here is another 'Man wasn’t dying from colon cancer, and he didn’t cure himself with Cannabis' anaximperator.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Gabapentin worked well for my Sciatica. I only take it as needed, and not nearly in the quantity prescribed.

Me too. I use it for nerve damage in my leg. I can handle the numbness but, when you get the shooting burning pain that sometimes comes with it is unbearable!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
There are too many conflicting stories on the use of cannabis oil.

It is so difficult for any of us who have had cancer and fear its return, or for people newly diagnosed. I knew a guy who used cannabis oil for his cancer. It wasn't a miracle cure, he is no longer with us. On both the traditional treatments as well as non-traditional treatments, there are good and bad stories. We try to be hopeful, but it isn't easy. There have been soooo many claims that there was a cure by doing this or that and then you hear later there wasn't a cure at all, just speculations and theories and people making money. Pharmaceuticals are no better as they are greedy as hell and care more about money than human lives. It is a nightmare.

I went the traditional route and had chemo and radiation for my cancer. The Doctors and Nurses and team of people I had surrounding me were amazing. Not all Doctors are in it for the money. I feel bad for those who absolutely won't even consider chemo and radiation because it can and has saved millions of lives. But there are no guarantees anywhere and that is frustrating as hell.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs
a reply to: Bluntone22

Your question got me thinking so I did a little looking

L I N K Here I found that the Czech Republic and Netherlands have the laxest laws on cannabis.

L I N K and here I found them on the list of most likely to get Cancer at number 9 and number 14. Germany also has fairly lax laws and they are 18th on the list.

While again this does not show cannabis causes cancer, I think it does show that legalizing it won't suddenly reduce your chances of getting cancer.

Did your post actually make sense in your mind?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
One of my closest friends was cured of STAGE FOUR THROAT CANCER, with a THREE MONTH TO LIVE, PUT YOUR AFFAIRS IN ORDER prognosis from several doctors.

He found a clinic in Canada that uses the Hemp Oil treatment. Between the diagnosis and now he's gotten married and fathered two kids.

The Hemp Oil "educates" the cancer cells to cannibalize themselves instead of consuming healthy cells. He showed me a video he received from the clinic of it working taken through a microscope. Not an animation, an actual video of cancer cells eating each other until there was just a few cells left, then two, then none.

He maintains by consuming a high alkaline diet. Cancer loves highly acidic carbohydrates and hates and is killed by alkalinity. Plus he "grows his own medicine" legally in his backyard. TPTB would rather have us coming to them for expensive treatments than being self sufficient.

He also makes "cookies" from organic maple syrup and baking soda. The baking soda hides like a Trojan horse inside the carbs in the syrup. The cancer cells consume the acidic carbohydrates, then the highly alkaline baking soda "jumps out" and kills the cancer cells. THAT'S not a cure, it just helps with his maintenance. he mixes the ingredients and instead of baking the cookies he pours them onto a baking sheet and freezes them then munches on them all day.

One of the best things about this guys cure is he's one of the coolest guys I know, a great Dad and he's still here!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
What'd she do dabs?

or just eat it?
edit on 24-2-2016 by Lysergic because: stay in school

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Capt.Spaulding
One of my closest friends was cured of STAGE FOUR THROAT CANCER, with a THREE MONTH TO LIVE, PUT YOUR AFFAIRS IN ORDER prognosis from several doctors.

He found a clinic in Canada that uses the Hemp Oil treatment. Between the diagnosis and now he's gotten married and fathered two kids.

The Hemp Oil "educates" the cancer cells to cannibalize themselves instead of consuming healthy cells. He showed me a video he received from the clinic of it working taken through a microscope. Not an animation, an actual video of cancer cells eating each other until there was just a few cells left, then two, then none.

He maintains by consuming a high alkaline diet. Cancer loves highly acidic carbohydrates and hates and is killed by alkalinity. Plus he "grows his own medicine" legally in his backyard. TPTB would rather have us coming to them for expensive treatments than being self sufficient.

He also makes "cookies" from organic maple syrup and baking soda. The baking soda hides like a Trojan horse inside the carbs in the syrup. The cancer cells consume the acidic carbohydrates, then the highly alkaline baking soda "jumps out" and kills the cancer cells. THAT'S not a cure, it just helps with his maintenance. he mixes the ingredients and instead of baking the cookies he pours them onto a baking sheet and freezes them then munches on them all day.

One of the best things about this guys cure is he's one of the coolest guys I know, a great Dad and he's still here!

You've written (or copied and pasted) the exact same post on another thread.

But I'll repeat what I said there...

Cancer cells thrive at the same pH levels as normal cells, that's basic cell physiology.
Even a small deviation from a pretty tight pH level would cause both normal and cancer cells to die.

As for the maple syrup/baking soda nonsense, you've forgotten to add how this magical mixture avoids being digested as soon as it enters the mouth and then the alimentary canal before it reaches the blood and indeed, how would such a large particle actually pass into the bloodstream?
Is that because it doesn't actually reach the blood without being digested first so in the context of killing cancer cells, becomes utterly worthless?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?

originally posted by: Capt.Spaulding

You've written (or copied and pasted) the exact same post on another thread.

But I'll repeat what I said there...

Cancer cells thrive at the same pH levels as normal cells, that's basic cell physiology.
Even a small deviation from a pretty tight pH level would cause both normal and cancer cells to die.

As for the maple syrup/baking soda nonsense, you've forgotten to add how this magical mixture avoids being digested as soon as it enters the mouth and then the alimentary canal before it reaches the blood and indeed, how would such a large particle actually pass into the bloodstream?
Is that because it doesn't actually reach the blood without being digested first so in the context of killing cancer cells, becomes utterly worthless?

You're right. And I also understand that homeostasis will balance the body's pH no matter what. And I was probably reposting the info about my friend from quite awhile ago.

I know this guys whole family. His parents, sister and brother and now his new wife, so, besides knowing his character I know he's not lying (but there's no way for me to prove this all to you, I KNOW that).

The cookie thing is merely (and maybe useless) maintenance. I'd never ever suggest or even hint here or anywhere else that people go against their doctor's advice. Especially by saying to "just eat cookies". I didn't suggest it was any form of "magical mixture", sorry it came off like that. He also drinks alkaline water, which I know probably won't help, but when you're desperate, it can't do much harm. And if it was me, I'd do the same.

My friend just literally received the "put your affairs in order, there's nothing you can do. You have three months" words said to him by his oncologist (he's an ex college and semi-pro linebacker and iron worker that chewed 5 to 6 cans of tobacco every day). Chemo was advised against because the cancer was so advanced it would just make his last days miserable. So he sought out anything he could find to help. He found a retired police officer that directs cancer victims to a clinic in Canada.

I DID watch the DVD he brought back from the clinic showing the "H" shaped cancer cells devouring small, round cells and how they started to act when hemp oil was introduced. They started turning on each other until the last one, then it was gone and it WAS NOT AN ANIMATION like on some television commercial.

I know he had cancer. I know his whole family and I know he's still here because he's a fighter and didn't roll over and accept his death sentence. He grows his own medicine that he has to have to correct balance of CBD's and THC to work, so he has it lab tested.

He's a friend and he worked for me on weekends. He was the best worker I ever had. He lives his life at 100% level no matter what he's doing. Working heavy construction, surfing, changing diapers. Whatever he does, he does with an intensity I've always admired.

But it's true, from a number of reliable sources, cancer cells love carbohydrates, which are acidic. And they hate anything alkaline. I'm obviously no biologist or anything close. A couple of years ago I had a colon cancer scare and I spent time researching for myself and that's how the information my friend gave me was validated about the pH issue. At the same time there's no way I can explain how eating alkaline makes a difference because of the body's pH balancing "homeostasis".

So that's just it. I know he had cancer. I know know how far along it was. I know my friend sought treatment and what kind and that he's still here with us. And if you knew him you'd be damn glad he's still around too.

I can also attest to the fact I haven't had any form of flu since 1992 when a doctor told me to "stop wiping your eyes with your hands. Use your sleeve, hanky, shirt collar, napkin whatever, just keep the germs out of you eyes". If they go through the digestive system through the nose or mouth they are destroyed, similar to what you described, by that system. But if they get in your eyes they face no resistance and take hold immediately. maybe that's a placebo, but it's working and that's what counts to me.

(I DID see the DVD of the cancer cells "eating" each other. But, I have no idea how it was introduced in to his system. I never asked)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jondoeuk

That may very, very well be the case. As I said, more rigorous research with large samples and over long term spans of time is desperately needed to clarify such claims. On both sides of the fence. (Which is not to discount the rigor or applicability of the studies cited. Just to question their extrapolation to a larger sample.) Basically we need to definitively find out one way or another.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
when you inject the marijuanas into the natives....we get ebola.....version mosanto v9...0.10..0100101...***end sarcarsm

cmon gents....ladies....we all know if it can be grown.....is meant to puff puff pass! californiacation!! woop woop long weekend!

murricaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

a reply to: ReadLeader

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join