It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana miracle: Cannabis oil cures woman with stage IV lung cancer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Yet, another testimony about the healing properties of cannabis. We've read over and over about how cannabis is a cure all.

The article reads that , Australia currently doesn’t have provisions for medical marijuana, so the lady procured her own oil from an underground source.

I'm quite certain that if I am ever diagnosed with any type of cancer, I will be procuring copies amounts of cannabis oil!!!!

To prove just how effective cannabis can be in dealing with often life-threatening illnesses, an anonymous Australian woman in her mid-50s decided to post a YouTube video detailing how cannabis helped eliminate her stage IV lung cancer. She was initially given a mere six months to live. Her doctor suggested chemotherapy to prolong her life, but with no assurances that it would cure her cancer.

Given the lack of options, her daughter suggested they turn to the Internet to look for more information on the healing effects of cannabis. Given that Australia currently doesn’t have provisions for medical marijuana, the lady opted to locate underground sources of cannabis oil to proceed. While doing so, she also took oral chemo Tarceva tablets as prescribed.

While the woman remained anonymous throughout the video, it was still incredibly courageous of her to share her inspiring story to the online community. To prove the veracity of her claims, she displayed before and after PET scans in the video to prove that cannabis, indeed, helped remove traces of lung cancer within three months.

She also mentioned she got a lot of help both from a Facebook Group Site called “Cannabis Oil Success Stories” and from Chris Wark of the Chris Beat Cancer website.

L I N K

U tube link
edit on 22-2-2016 by ReadLeader because: Added u tube link

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
She posted some evidence (PET scans) which is usually hard to come by in the cannabis/cancer stories. Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

The critics will say it was the Tarceva that cured her

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: charolais

My point exactly Char! I added the YouTube link, thanks for pointing out the PET's.

Thanks for posting!

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The scary thing is no amount of evidence will allow for cannabis to be used in treating cancer

It's to cheap

Big pharma won't allow it

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Big Pharma doesn't have to "allow" it.
It's up to the individual to decide what course of treatment they choose and this woman did just that.

Waiting for "official" approval is pretty sad since no one needs it. If you need the Govt's approval for everything you ever stick in your mouth, hey! I have some nice GMO soy milk to go with your lovely GMO cornflakes!!
ROFL!!!

Those calling for Big Pharma to recognize these types of treatments is only opening the door to Big Pharma to produce them, water them down and there-by reducing their effacy...yeah....stop doing that.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It's too cheap

Too cheap? I'm going broke! I don't know what big pharma's problem is but there is huge money to be made on that plant. Those chuckleheads should be building friggin greenhouses like they're going out of style.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm going to ask this question from a position of ignorance. Cuz I really don't know.

Cannabis is not illegal in every country, so do people in these other countries have very high cancer cure rates?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

As much as I would love for this to be true, correlation does not prove causation. Also, in no way are the actions of the lady in question comparable to a real scientific experiment.

I doubt that the act of smoking did anything helpful for her lungs. Now, while she did get oil and might have ingested the THC. This will not prove in any way that THC caused the reversal of the lung cancer.

What we really need is real medical testing, but as has been stated by many others in the topic this will never happen because it is not an economically sound option.

Thanks for the cool find, and hopefully, we will end this war on some drugs and realize that at the right time in the right amount everything can be useful.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Your question got me thinking so I did a little looking

L I N K Here I found that the Czech Republic and Netherlands have the laxest laws on cannabis.

L I N K and here I found them on the list of most likely to get Cancer at number 9 and number 14. Germany also has fairly lax laws and they are 18th on the list.

While again this does not show cannabis causes cancer, I think it does show that legalizing it won't suddenly reduce your chances of getting cancer.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
You might also link-up the thread in which where medical cannabis is "legal" opiate based pain medication overdoses are reduced by up to 25%...

namaste

Proud Member of LEAP

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I love and hate these stories. Hope becomes a very addictive drug when you're facing a terminal illness. It's not fair to post this stuff willy nilly but at the same time... maybe there's some truth.

Any Pulmonary/Thoracic Oncologists in the house?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
Yet, another testimony about the healing properties of cannabis. We've read over and over about how cannabis is a cure all.

Once again, cannabis treatments are proving to be a threat to big pharma unless they can get their sticky little fingers all over it to exploit the masses with overinflated prices and lower-quality medicine.

Where is Ketsuko when you need her? I'd like to hear her thoughts on this. A lot of people are still skeptical about the benefits of cannabis - but as time goes on more and more data is demonstrating the incredible healing properties this stuff has. Thanks for the share RL

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs
Exactly my thoughts . We have one person anonymously "claiming" that it cured her cancer. Scans to prove it? How do scans prove the cure method? It doesnt.

Wait for proof.(I will not hold my breath though).
Not yet gonna call "Wizard's First Rule" on this one though

edit on 22-2-2016 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Cannabis an opiate based painkiller?

The law is written by or for realy ignorant people?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs

As much as I would love for this to be true, correlation does not prove causation. Also, in no way are the actions of the lady in question comparable to a real scientific experiment.

I doubt that the act of smoking did anything helpful for her lungs. Now, while she did get oil and might have ingested the THC. This will not prove in any way that THC caused the reversal of the lung cancer.

What we really need is real medical testing, but as has been stated by many others in the topic this will never happen because it is not an economically sound option.

Thanks for the cool find, and hopefully, we will end this war on some drugs and realize that at the right time in the right amount everything can be useful.

To be fair, I did not watch the videos, so I don't know for certain whether or not she was smoking it, but I HIGHLY doubt it. Cannabis oil for treatment of disease is generally ingested (usually a number of drops under the tongue.) It is also generally very low to almost completely devoid of THC.

I do agree with you that it hasn't proved anything, even in her particular case, but it is yet another piece of the gathering mountain of evidence that there is something beneficial going on.

I'll also add - the mode of action of many legal prescription medications is actually unknown. Gabapentin (the precursor to Lyrica), for example, is supposed to relieve neuropathic pain. They have no idea why it works or how, just that it does. I always figured a mode of action would be necessary in order to have a drug approved, but it is not. Since I mentioned it, don't ever take either of those medications - 2 weeks of Gabapentin decimated my health (it destroys the immune system, my GSM V reader who calls himself a doctor just didn't see fit to tell me that.) I switched to a different, herbal medication, which took care of the pain much better for the 2 weeks it was unbearable, which allowed me to stretch and exercise enough to relieve the pressure on the nerve.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

You should've also looked at the mortality rate from types of cancers.

The Netherlands in this chart places 13th out of 172 listed countries. Cancer Mortality Rate By Countries

The chart is sourced by the WHO, however I was unable to find the original published WHO data. So this could be bs.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

1) This is just an unsubstantiated anecdote. It has zero medical research value.

2) This website is just a front for naturalnews.com. It has zero medical research value.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Given the lack of options, her daughter suggested they turn to the Internet to look for more information on the healing effects of cannabis. Given that Australia currently doesn’t have provisions for medical marijuana, the lady opted to locate underground sources of cannabis oil to proceed. While doing so, she also took oral chemo Tarceva tablets as prescribed.

Did you miss the bold part in the article? She did chemo along with the oil. How does this substantiate the oil did all the work?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I did not know about the path to legalization for prescription drugs, but that is interesting. It explains those long disclaimers about how most prescription drugs can kill you in so many ways. Thanks for adding.

Also, I am very distrustful of medicine made in a lab, so I am very glad to hear that the herbal remedy helped you.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Awesome site, and good pointing out the flaw in my stats. I kinda thought about that later, but finding all the types of cancers that could be directly caused by smoking anything would be pointless to look out without also looking at the rate of cigarette consumption per country as well.

Anyway, when I narrowed it down to just lung cancer the website your provided ranked Netherlands number 9 and the Czech Republic #23. Still, I wonder how much tobacco they consume.

Lastly, I would like to note that I do not think that polls of large groups of people will ever tell us anything scientifically conclusive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join