It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana miracle: Cannabis oil cures woman with stage IV lung cancer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

I thought it was really bizarre myself! I wouldn't have known if I hadn't been researching all the crazy side effects I had going on. "We don't really know how it does this, but it does." That tells me there is little to no understanding of how it might potentially react in unexpected ways! Yikes. Should have gone with my gut on that one, but I was desparate. Sciatic nerve pain is no joke.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I'm in left field on this. What is cannabis oil? I know it's made out of Marijuana, but how do you get it in oil form, and how is it taken? Do they sell this stuff legally anywhere in the country?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I'm in left field on this. What is cannabis oil? I know it's made out of Marijuana, but how do you get it in oil form, and how is it taken? Do they sell this stuff legally anywhere in the country?

Really? I mean.... I thought everyone knew about this by now?

Basically, the assumed healing properties of cannabis doesn't come from the psychoactive part of cannabis, but from other parts. You can isolate the oil more or less like you would draw out any essence from plants.
What you get is CBD oil and it has more or less been confirmed to dramatically cut down the amount of seizures if you suffer from that.

A lot of people also believe that it
A. can combat cancer all by itself
or
B. Do wonders in conjunction with chemo where it can greatly decrease the amount of time it takes to destroy the cancer.

It's a pretty expensive product do to the method of fabrication and also not legal in a lot of countries, which makes no sense really, since you wont get high from ingesting it. It's completely psychoactive free.

Where as smoking cannabis is for pain relief and stress reducing.

Of course the good old, pre-disposition thing is still valid. So even though cannabis has great properties, you as an individual stil can suffer from your bad genes, which in turn can make you susceptible to become psychotic... I repeat... you as an INDIVIDUAL. It's not the substance, it's your genetic mark that determines wether you can handle cannabis or not.

Anyways, I really hope this story is true. I would give a lot of people hope and hopefully affect a generation or two, so that in time, we will have more people who are ready to let cannabis be further examined and tested as medicine and not as a something dangerous.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Thats great that nobody ever has to die of cancer again.

Finally they have found the cure...awesome.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Thats great that nobody ever has to die of cancer again.
Finally they have found the cure...awesome.

Cannabis oil mixed with rattlesnake oil makes you immortal. That's what I gather.

Man, these cannabis advocates and their crazy claims are downright laughable. I can't tell whether it's honest (albeit misguided) enthusiasm or disinformation designed to undermine the legitimate debate.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
a reply to: JimNasium

Cannabis an opiate based painkiller?

The law is written by or for realy ignorant people?

My apologies.. I was trying to reduce My carbon(copy) imprint and forgot the comma, ..

I also know this guy that has been Rx'ed 2 opiate based pain medications and will sometimes supplement this w/a cannabis strain bred for relieving pain. His prescription is now lower than when He started 13 years ago.

So in States where The Serfs are allowed to try and combat their ailment(s) w/the miraculous cannabis plant, opiate based pain overdoses have been reduced by 25%.

Their is a strain for every pain.

My biggest fear is that BigPHarma™ will be the ONLY place to get cannabis and they try and save a buck by using GMO seeds and besides birth defects, more folks are harmed than are cured, the opposite of what "should" be..

But BigPHarma™ doesn't want You growing Your own medicine and at least NOT until they kill and incarcerate as many as they can w/their heroin..

Again, My apologies as I usually do a quick perusal prior to hitting "reply"

Proud Member of LEAP.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Not nearly as much money as they are making now with non natural drugs

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data" and as Dr Steven Novella M.D, once said: ''If you are basing your claims on anecdotal experience, then any treatment will seem to work for anything and everything.'' See here www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
The scary thing is no amount of evidence will allow for cannabis to be used in treating cancer

It's to cheap

Big pharma won't allow it

Where can I buy shares in this ''Big Pharma'' company?!. Apparently it doesn't exist according to any of the worldwide stock exchanges?!.

There are a number of cannabinoid based pharma companies and some trials are ongoing as we speak. I know some more will be starting this year too
edit on 22-2-2016 by jondoeuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The scary thing is no amount of evidence will allow for cannabis to be used in treating cancer

It's to cheap

can you imagine the boat loads big pharma could make growing and selling this stuff as a healing "alternative"? why would they not capitalize on this, all they care about is profit anyways.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

It's to cheap

can you imagine the boat loads big pharma could make growing and selling this stuff as a healing "alternative"? why would they not capitalize on this, all they care about is profit anyways.

Because they don't own the patent on a common weed
Anybody could effectively sell cannabis oil if licensed

They stand to lose in a big way if it is a real cure.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

It's to cheap

Because they don't own the patent on a common weed
Anybody could effectively sell cannabis oil if licensed

They stand to lose in a big way if it is a real cure.

They'd just get patents on the natural chemicals from the plant, on synthetics and/or on analogues. Not that the patents prove anything and the oral bio of many of the cannabinoids is very low and so an oil won't cut things www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

It's not the cure-all that quacks like Rick Simpson claim. Most of the major pharma companies aren't interested in the chemicals found in the plant for a reason (hint, hint). Assuming it did cure then how would they lose ''in a big way'' just take antibiotics or vaccines that pharma make for very little profit

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

It's to cheap

I think now, they have no choice. What big pharma will probably do is isolate a strain of it that they can "Monsanto", and attempt to charge 10,000% for it.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I realize they aren't farmers, but still.

Check this out:

Most Valuable Cash Crop

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
Yet, another testimony about the healing properties of cannabis. We've read over and over about how cannabis is a cure all.

The article reads that , Australia currently doesn’t have provisions for medical marijuana, so the lady procured her own oil from an underground source.

I'm quite certain that if I am ever diagnosed with any type of cancer, I will be procuring copies amounts of cannabis oil!!!!

To prove just how effective cannabis can be in dealing with often life-threatening illnesses, an anonymous Australian woman in her mid-50s decided to post a YouTube video detailing how cannabis helped eliminate her stage IV lung cancer. She was initially given a mere six months to live. Her doctor suggested chemotherapy to prolong her life, but with no assurances that it would cure her cancer.

Given the lack of options, her daughter suggested they turn to the Internet to look for more information on the healing effects of cannabis. Given that Australia currently doesn’t have provisions for medical marijuana, the lady opted to locate underground sources of cannabis oil to proceed. While doing so, she also took oral chemo Tarceva tablets as prescribed.

While the woman remained anonymous throughout the video, it was still incredibly courageous of her to share her inspiring story to the online community. To prove the veracity of her claims, she displayed before and after PET scans in the video to prove that cannabis, indeed, helped remove traces of lung cancer within three months.

She also mentioned she got a lot of help both from a Facebook Group Site called “Cannabis Oil Success Stories” and from Chris Wark of the Chris Beat Cancer website.

L I N K

U tube link

A testimony is worthless.

And a couple of things, she had conventional therapy but is convinced it was the cannabis that cured her?
Chris Wark has made a living pretending that he beat cancer by "natural means" when in fact he was treated by conventional surgery for bowel cancer when he was quite young then refused adjunctive chemo.
Surgery is the primary treatment in the cancer he had so the probability that this removed it is extremely high.
There's absolutely no evidence that was he subsequently did had any extra effect on the cancer which had been removed.

And one more point, stage 4 cancer means it has spread to other parts of the body and affected other organs (metastasis).
Looking at her PET scans and reading the reports it hasn't done this so I would suggest a stage 2 possibly 3 cancer.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Here are 100 scientific studies to look through, all related to the affects of marijuana on cancer cells:

There Are Now 100 Scientific Studies That Prove Cannabis Cures Cancer

Scroll down past the Youtube video for the full list of studies.
edit on 23-2-2016 by CharlestonChew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
people are confused. the cannibus treatment isn't docs telling people to smoke a joint, it is, like all medicines, high dose concentrate oils injections I would bet a entire honey glazed donut.

I am not opposed to it being legal for recreational use mind you, but if you are wanting to get your smoke on, its not out of a desire to fight cancer, heh...hell, if that were true, Bob Marley wouldn't have checked out how he did.

I am encouraged to find the new treatment options with the high concentrate cannibus oils though, another in the arsenal to fight off this cancer crap.

+++
You know, I have been hearing, from medical sources, new huge breakthroughs in cancer treatment and near cures..for over 20 years now!
Why the hell do we still have cancer, heart disease, or any of this.
We should be now trying to figure out how to rapidly make cities underground and space stations to house billions due to a major population explosion.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlestonChew

Here are 100 scientific studies to look through, all related to the affects of marijuana on cancer cells:

There Are Now 100 Scientific Studies That Prove Cannabis Cures Cancer

Scroll down past the Youtube video for the full list of studies.

Thing is though, the title of that article is extremely misleading as none of those studies prove that cannabis cures cancer.
Not one.

Here's one I picked at random.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
This actually concludes that cannabis doesn't increase the risk of head and neck cancers.
How does that prove that it cures cancer?
Seriously, how?
Even whoever has put that list together hasn't looked at them, probably just a Pubmed trawl with keywords, "cannabis" and "cancer".

The vast majority of those links (if not all) are in-vitro tests.
Sorry, whilst there may be promise of therapeutic benefits there's certainly no proof at the moment.
And definitely none on that list.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

Yes, I know the article title is misleading. I simply did a search for studies regarding the affects of marijuana on cancer cells and found an article with links to actual studies.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

I am confused, because people keep claiming that marijuana cures cancer, but I am unable to find the research that supports the claim.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join