It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chose 4 items :)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Raft, compass, flare gun, mirror. Im gonna getthfckouttahere!

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ignorant_ape

C'mon that is it 4 items...i want to change the rules can i have 6 items?

If you think about it, is there an item you really need?

a reply to: intrptr
why would you want to get out of there, finally some rest.

I'll put all kinds of traps to keep people away from MY island!

edit on 22-2-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

This is why I don't travel.

Tarp, knife, pot.... and weed. Gonna be boring so I want some recreation. Are we talking an ounce or an eighth... if it's less than an ounce I want a redo.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Anaïs Nin: 'Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in ... My perfect island.”

edit on 22-2-2016 by recovery because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Water Purifier - you'd be sunk without clean water

Tent - Shelter is important

Hiking Boots - to get around without treading on anything poisonous or painful

Flaregun - with so little else to get by with, I'd want to get rescued pretty quickly.

So, which of us is most likely to make it out alive?

edit on 22-2-2016 by berenike because: just seen tent, better than tarp

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Boots
Rifle (only if with ammunition otherwise tent)
Knife
Matches

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
4xweed

Then trade it for whatever I need.

And if I can't trade it get high and die happy
edit on 22-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Don't you people know the show ?

(NO) Survivor 2016

edit on 22-2-2016 by recovery because: don't want to get in trouble

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I would stay away from the items having a short life span or use.

POT - to boil water, cooking

Tent - for shelter, tarp , insect and critter repellent as well.

Hand saw - build shelter over tent to make it last, cut firewood, can be used as knife as well.

Rope - Keep the supermodel I got stranded with on the island from being able to get rescued

edit on 14229America/ChicagoMon, 22 Feb 2016 09:14:04 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: recovery

Looks like something went over my head

I'm still kicking myself for wanting a knife but only seeing 'knifepot' on the list. "What's the good of that?" I thought. So no knife for me.

edit on 22-2-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I would choose like some others:
Tarp, rope, knife , pot.
Basically for all the reasons already given, but consider also:

Knife is companion to pot: Knife is straight ,sharp ; pot is round , dull.
Got a taoist thing goin' on , (Ying /Yang) complimentary opposites. See what I mean?

Tarp is companion to rope . Tarp is square and pointed corners ;Rope round with round ends.

Also , hard (knife / pot) companion to soft (tarp/rope).

PERFECT, just....... perfect .

edit on 22-2-2016 by RavenSpeaks because: imperfect spelling the word "perfect"

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Indigent

Tarp has more uses.

It could've used to catch rain for example

But the bottom of a tent is a tarp.

Also a tent besides providing shelter it also provides protection from insects , bugs, and other critters and ventilation. It also provides protection from bugs for your food and water.

edit on 00229America/ChicagoMon, 22 Feb 2016 11:00:54 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Raft, Water Purifier, Tarp, Flare Gun.

If an island is deserted, there's probably a good reason.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Survivors aren't always the strongest; sometimes they're the smartest, but more often simply the luckiest.

edit on 22-2-2016 by recovery because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: recovery

Well, pot meet kettle. What is that in yours?

You know what's been puzzling me is why people would choose the recreational almost-unmentionable when food is likely to be scarce...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The rifle has a scope, so the magnifying glass inside is better than matches, especially if you disassemble a bullet. Maybe it will get you some food, but the magnifying glass totally beats matches.

The tarp is probably better than the tent.

The pot is maybe better than the purifier, depends on the situation. Have to say pot. Not "pot"

# 4 is hard, I think the knife would last years if needed.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Knife. potentially you can make one of these but having a modern steel knife is far superior to flint or obsidian for a general purpose cutting tool and as a spark source. though obsidian is superior for shaving and is still used for surgery.

Tent: the tarp is ordinarily a good choice but with the availability of the tent, i guess it depends on what tent design, but a tent can be used or some of the things a tarp can be used for especially if the tent has a separate rain fly but consider the other things a tent can do that a tarp cannot:

it has a fookin' floor. no sand fleas and other cooties that will get in under a tarp. it has a mosquito proof mesh. shelter like a tarp, and probably water collection like a tarp. depending on tent you may have a rain fly (it's a TARP) , metal stakes, guy lines, some poles or hoops and vent lines and a water proof stuff sack.

Boots. assuming you haz no tennis shoes. otherwise use the shoes you should have had on your feet when you were tossed overboard for being a dummy.

Rope... if the island has nothing to make cordage out of (trees, brush, etc) what are you gonna tie together then? you are limited to fishing with it. get the fishing rod.

Metal pot... are there conch shells or coconuts or tortoises or turtles around or is there a flotsam and jetsam collection area on the beach?

did you get tossed overboard while fully clothed? you have sunscreen, bug protection, a water filter (two types of purification actually) from your shirt and pants then. if any of you clothing has cotton fibers you can make a capillary wick filter. failing that you can use the clothing or a portion thereof as a base for a charcoal and sand layered filter. you can use a jacket or pants as a life preserver/flotation device which explains how you got to the island with that heavy stuff on.

That hammock can be a backpack, a fishing net, a bird or small animal trap as well as a bed. being off the ground is important on many islands and in the jungle. don't count it out though all of these things can be fashioned by a skillful primitive skills/survivalist from in SITU resources. though again if you have something to hang the hammock from you probably can make a hammock from that. if your hammock is one of those sheet types you have a bag, a water collector, a signal sheet, and maybe a sail for the raft.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
the point of all of that is objects often have many uses but at the same time something may have its priority change based on what the scenario is and what resources are available and extractable from the environment.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I agree with the above point as to what resources may already exist in the deserted island resources. Such as, are there wild boars there, if so, then it is better to be safe than sorry - so the rifle for sure.

A pot to boil water, which is safer than filtering.

A tarp to use for shelter, rain gear, rain collection, should I have to be on the move.

A mirror to make fire and to signal a SOS, and to fix my hair when rescued. lol

I could probably find a sharp stone to replace the knife.

I could cover myself in mud or find an oily plant to apply to exposed skin to help ward off insects.
edit on 22-2-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
I agree with the above point as to what resources may already exist in the deserted island resources. Such as, are there wild boars there, if so, then it is better to be safe than sorry - so the rifle for sure. Also, firing the rifle three times can also serve as an audible SOS signal, and I understand water carries sound long distances.

A pot to boil water, which is safer than filtering.

A tarp to use for shelter, rain gear, rain collection, should I have to be on the move.

A mirror to make fire and to signal a SOS, and to fix my hair when rescued. lol

I could probably find a sharp stone to replace the knife.

I could cover myself in mud or find an oily plant to apply to exposed skin to help ward off insects.

edit on 22-2-2016 by InTheLight because: Added extra rifle info. in first paragraph.

edit on 22-2-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join