It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

books with spells in them

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I know nothing about this, have seen some EA Koetting videos that were interesting though, especially a seminar he did with some golden dawn members. Is he generally viewed as being legit or a conman?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I am a christian who started to study the jewish roots of our faith.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

There is only one God,all the other gods are false.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384
Um OK! You got me I have not read it. But really does sound like religion to me, not only that like just another modern day offshoot of abrahamic region. Something some would read when they get tired of the bibles as it does not fit with there life's.

Go figure eh! Pretty much how all the rest of them started. But really your telling me a book called "The Satanic Bible" has nothing do do with that said charter per on its title? Well then somebody should sue for false advertising then. That's like buying a book on how to cook hotdogs and meatloaf, only to later find out its hundreds of pages of salad recipes.

What a rip off!

Why cant you people just worship money like the rest of society and the rest of the normal people out there or the masons and all other deviations of whatever older religion it sprung from. You know its getting mighty tedious to keep track of all these silly believes and magical nucking funcktagaries you people produce. Its just so much garbage and even the Harry Potter books have more of a plot line and believably, and yes even a bit of philosophy mixed in with mysticism to keep things spicy and fresh.

You know what it think it is. People read a certain book in there youth or whenever and get a track for it, must be how all this started, there favorite story told about there favorite hero or adventure. And somehow over time that gets stuck in culture and over time a cult and group grows around it. If that is true then going by current publications, I think that somewere in the future we may have a harry potter grand esoteric mystery religion were people will be brought in to the great mysteries and there will be a club house, and they will have to wear special hats, and even have sacred handshakes and pins they would have to wear.

Actually bizarre and sillier things have happened. Case in point. All the major believes and regions and societies and groups of today. So there is a great track recorded spanning all of history for this phenomenon happening.

In fact looking it up online on Wikipedia the books that sold over 100 million copies are as follows.

The Lord of the Rings J. R. R. Tolkien -150 million
The Hobbit J. R. R. Tolkien -140.6 million
Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince) Antoine de Saint-Exupéry - 140 million
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone J. K. Rowling - 107 million
And Then There Were None Agatha Christie 1939 100 million
紅樓夢/红楼梦 (Dream of the Red Chamber) Cao Xueqin - 100 million
She: A History of Adventure H. Rider Haggard -100 million

What a bummer eh? Seems the bible or even the satanic bible is not even on the list. Must not be a best seller or have much of a plot to keep people interested. And reading through that list all of those books, all would likely make better mass religions. Some of them practically are. Considering Tolkien more then help start a whole different genra by himself alone. Well nothing more to say on that subject.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel
Now that is a very practical and very magical spell right there.

Almost as good as this guy magic trick.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

The Lord of the Rings J. R. R. Tolkien -150 million
The Hobbit J. R. R. Tolkien -140.6 million
Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince) Antoine de Saint-Exupéry - 140 million
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone J. K. Rowling - 107 million
And Then There Were None Agatha Christie 1939 100 million
紅樓夢/红楼梦 (Dream of the Red Chamber) Cao Xueqin - 100 million
She: A History of Adventure H. Rider Haggard -100 million

What a bummer eh? Seems the bible or even the satanic bible is not even on the list. Must not be a best seller or have much of a plot to keep people interested. And reading through that list all of those books, all would likely make better mass religions. Some of them practically are. Considering Tolkien more then help start a whole different genra by himself alone. Well nothing more to say on that subject.

Lol I am not religious but as far as the bible is concerned...

Although it is impossible to obtain exact figures, there is little doubt that the Bible is the worlds best-selling and most widely distributed book. A survey by the Bible Society concluded that around 2.5 billion copies were printed between 1815 and 1975, but more recent estimates put the number at more than 5 billion.

Guinness book of records

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I like this one

www.epsat.webs.com...

edit on 22-2-2016 by recovery because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

There is only one God,all the other gods are false

Do you not think it strange that all religions say the same thing

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: theboarman

That's a pretty broad question. I have my own grimoire but there's only one copy.

Are you interested in witchcraft, ceremonial, vodoun... what are you looking to learn about?

ps edit - I just reread your OP; you specify "high magic". Sorry.

Typically that's about it. A diary. That's what makes grimoires so special. Its not just a manual, its a talisman. That's why they are usually hidden.

High magic? How about a patronus charm?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

No, though I chuckled inside. I'll post later explaining why it is called as such.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
if this isnt in the right place please move.

i recently reread the essential golden dawn an introduction to high magic by chic cicero and sandra tabatha cicero, while a good book it only gives you acouple basic spells and prayers.

can anyone recommend me good books with this kind of stuff in them/
this might have turned out to be an interesting thread until the bible thumpers came with their high and mighty BS thanks for 9 pages of complete crap. theboarman not sure what you have or haven't looked into yet, heres one that has a bit of everything. www.sacred-texts.com...
edit on 22-2-2016 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
How about a spell to undo Obama care and redo how it was several years ago?
I guess that would be going against someone's true will though so scratch that. LOL!

Insurance has gone to hell in a hand basket.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyager1

Even the Necronomicon cannot fix that.

edit on 22-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I've read the first page. Is this a thread promoting Satanic rituals?

What happened.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Believe it or not I used to have a copy of that satanic bible years ago.I was in bed
reading the first page and my first husband snatched it out of my hands and ripped
it into pieces.I never bought another copy.

At one time in my life, many years ago, I might have done the same thing. These days I tend to be quite a bit more open minded. As I understand it from people in this thread that have actually read it, this book is related more to philosophy than actual magic. In reading some of Levey's quotes, it appears to me that his philosophy is more of a realistic view of normal human behavior. Behaviors that most of us practice anyway whether we are aware of them or not. Or, more precisely, whether we acknowledge those behaviors or not.

There is knowledge that I think people should really leave alone and wanting to cast
spells is one example.
There may indeed be things that the general populace should not know. Anything that bestows advanced knowledge or power tends to be used recklessly by those not initiated into it. However, if one has attained the proper mentality and spirit, then perhaps they may have this advanced knowledge granted to them without causing undue hardship to others.

Thanks for the reply mamabeth, always good to "talk" with you.

-dex

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Barzini

Thanks for the reply.

I must say that I tend to agree with you on that. Rather than practicing spells and following other rituals, I believe that it is possible to manifest your needs and desires by other means. I use variations of visualization myself.

This is not to say that rituals and spells are not effective. In fact it is possible that some things can only be accomplished by following those teachings. I am a neophyte with respect to the field of the Occult. However, I do not fear it. And I prefer to keep an open mind on just about any subject, including this one.

-dex

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

It is a shame stupidity isn't painful. That is the first sin of Satanism, being stupid.

Yes everyone is capable of ignorance, it's terrifying actually to what extent and in this day and age.
That is so very true. Unfortunately much of it is willful ignorance.

For instance, people often get so deeply involved in their own belief systems that they disregard the beliefs of others, even to the point of denigrating them as ignorant.

On the other hand, some people are not so much willfully ignorant as they are misled into ignorance. Just look at modern entertainment. Rather than trying to educate themselves on issues of importance in their lives, they would rather watch the latest and greatest reality TV series.

I like the quote where he mentions seeing men on a Saturday night with half naked women, see them in the morning of Sunday praying with their wives and children for forgiveness, only to do it again the following Saturday.
Yep, that got a chuckle out of me. I've argued that very same point with many relatives over the years. But my argument falls on deaf ears.

Not to mention the fact that certain Christian sects believe that one can simply repent at any time and all past sins are forgiven. So they commit some of the most heinous of sins from Sunday afternoon though late Saturday night. Then they go to Church Sunday morning, get their sins forgiven, and start their debauchery all over again.

And then another quote to compliment that if a Satanist does a wrong he knows and if he feels regrets will apologize, but if he knows he will do the same then he will not.
That is definitely a realistic approach to life. It is certainly more honest than what most people practice, even those who claim to be so religiously chaste.

Religion manufactured will never be true as the major ones today are, but those we create with our hearts with everything we love will be true for eternity.
That is a very poetic and enlightened statement. In order to be successful in pursuit of spirituality, we must come to understand and believe what is appropriate for us. One simply cannot rely on a set dogma that is force-fed to them.

For me, it has been an enlightening, and entertaining, conversation with you. I understand your frustration with certain other posters in this thread. But there is only so much that closed minds are capable of comprehending.

-dex

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley
Yes, ignorance is bred through religion. Of course this is not always true, but there is some correlation. Hm, you mention tv shows. I won't lie, I did enjoy Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and Tyrant though the first two I watched on my laptop rather than when they were brand new on television. I try to be educated, but know I could be trying much harder at the same time. When people see me, even friends, I hear I don't seem smart, but when I do speak it turns out otherwise, though I am wrong as many times that I am right.

I agree, it's rather funny. I mean, doesn't that promote worship and prayer and sin rather than actually trying to be a better person?

It is. I despise apologizing and have only ever done so when I truly regretted it. Except as a child it was more forced, but even then it took me time to do so because it felt like admitting defeat and felt shameful.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure I was in the right in this thread at certain moments and I have been judged, perhaps harshly, prior for other postings, either my beliefs that border anti-human (though I love intelligent and open minded folk and love life) and of course those beliefs aren't exactly my deepest beliefs...At the same time I have also reacted to other posters in a hostile way, but I am very easily provoked so I apologize for that and hope it doesn't prevent intelligent conversations, such as ours, in the future with any member. We all have our ups and downs.

No, we each must come to realize our own realities. Which is why, should I have children, I will not preach any religion for what right have I?

I must say the same for me. It has been a very entertaining discussion along with as you said enlightening, but most of all I am simply happy to have had such. It's always nice to have such discussions, both in real life and on ATS. I hope we have such conversations further down the road.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here's the reasoning:
“We don't worship Satan, we worship ourselves using the metaphorical representation of the qualities of Satan. Satan is the name used by Judeo-Christians for that force of individuality and pride within us. But the force itself has been called by many names.We embrace Christian myths of Satan and Lucifer, along with Satanic renderings in Greek, Roman, Islamic, Sumerian, Syrian, Phrygian, Egyptian, Chinese or Hindu mythologies, to name but a few. We are not limited to one deity, but encompass all the expressions of the accuser or the one who advocates free thought and rational alternatives by whatever name he is called in a particular time and land. It so happens that we are living in a culture that is predominantly Judeo-Christian, so we emphasize Satan. If we were living in Roman times, the central figure, perhaps the title of our religion, would be different. But the name would be expressing and communicating the same thing. It's all context.”
From: ― Anton Szandor LaVey, The Secret Life of a Satanist: The Authorized Biography of Anton LaVey

I'm not looking for argument so do not refer to me as "you people" as these are not my beliefs. Though I find them logical.

edit on 22-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

it si not just "that which we dislike" it is that those books carry info that harm others and are used for this purpose all the time.

no less than high level free mason Manly P. Hall states that ANY magic used for self-interest is BLACK MAGIC.

many of us are very sensitive and when some jerk starts conjuring demons next door they often visit us and make life difficult…

CHILDREN are often victims directly or inadvertently…

ANton Lavey's son, Jesse, has a testimony online of how his dad castrated him and forced him to attend rituals and blood sacrifices…

these are just the secular reasons this thread is unfortunate.

fact is, practicing magic is displeasing to God and often leads to bad things for everyone involved in the LONG RUN.

magic short-circuits this and eventually enslaves the user to demons… meaning people are out of control conjuring evil we all have to deal with.

great.

Lastly, fyi: Jesus is Lord and asking God for things often leads to awesomeness we cannot imagine.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join