It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

books with spells in them

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mouthfullofkefirgrains

If practicing magic displeases God then sign me up!

F# God.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

Why do you want it? Just to read? Morbid curiosity?

Do you even understand how magick works?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

There was that thing my uncle used to do with my nose.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

There was that thing my uncle used to do with my nose.

That wasn't magick, my friend...he was just hiding the gold-plated booger picker up his sleeve.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy
Those that spell "magic" with a k aren't. Quoting/paraphrasing Anton Szandor Lavey

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

"ignorance is NOT bred through religion" … people are imperfect and prone to dubious choices and actions…

a religion is only as good as the people who comprise it.

fact is, shamans kill each other all the time… history is riddled with empires created and run by a blood sacrificing priest class that enslaves humanity…

The Light of Christ put an end to feudalism and slavery, improved the lives of women and children dramatically, founded most of the institutions of higher learning, and raised the standard of human behavior to one that celebrates altruism, humility, love for each other and our Creator, self-sacrifice, hard work, etc

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mouthfullofkefirgrains
The Light of Christ put an end to feudalism and slavery, improved the lives of women and children dramatically, founded most of the institutions of higher learning, and raised the standard of human behavior to one that celebrates altruism, humility, love for each other and our Creator, self-sacrifice, hard work, etc

Uh, no. That was promoted during the Enlightenment Era which was the antithesis of organized religion.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: CIAGypsy
Those that spell "magic" with a k aren't. Quoting/paraphrasing Anton Szandor Lavey

I could really give a rat's ass what Anton LeVay has to say about anything. There is a reason that practitioners add the 'k'

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

consider that God creates both good and evil…

free will laws and consequences require that, but God does not want humans to suffer and oppress each other. do you?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I've seen it said before that demons are just gods from earlier times that became obsolete and are useful as archetypes for specific traits the magician wants to focus upon.

It's not really something I want to dabble in but I really doubt it's as harmful as christians would want everyone to believe. There's been much more blood shed in the name of Christianity than Satanism, that much is obvious.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Whoops, I didn't see your comment.
That comment on "Black Magic" being magic for selfish reasons, all magic is for selfish reasons. I know a great quote explaining that, but pardon me for at this time I can not provide you with a response that is proper.

Jesus and God are not real (as religious figures). Do not even discuss that with me. Perhaps later I will type a better response.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

uh, NO, that is b.s…. the "enlightenment was NOT enlightened… the French Revolution illustrates that.

and

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

~ Napoleon Bonaparte

Voltaire -
“Now, now my good man, this is no time to be making enemies."
--Voltaire on his deathbed in response to a priest asking him that he renounce Satan.
The physician, waiting up with Voltaire at his death, said that he cried out with utter desperation, “I am abandoned by God and man. I will give you half of what I am worth if you will give me six months of life. Then I shall go to hell and you will go with me, oh, Christ, oh, Jesus Christ!”

without the Geneva Bible (one used by Shakespeare and Pigrims) you do not have an end to feudalism… you do not even have the English language as it is today...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Jesus is not real? I spent thousands of hours trying to prove that… and I am not the only one. MANY former atheists have tried to do that. BUT somehow you have PROVEN it?? ROFL!

Testimony of the Evangelists by Simon Greenleaf, one of the greatest legal minds that ever lived:

"Lastly, the great character they have portrayed is perfect. It is the character of a sinless Being; of one supremely wise and supremely good. It exhibits no error, no sinister intention, no imprudence, no ignorance, no evil passion, no impatience; in a word, no fault; but all is perfect uprightness, innocence, wisdom, goodness and truth. The mind of man has never conceived the idea of such a character, even for his gods; nor has history or poetry shadowed it forth. The doctrines and precepts of Jesus are in strict accordance with the attributes of God, agreeably to the most exalted idea which we can form of them, either from reason or from revelation. They are strikingly adapted to the capacity of mankind, and yet are delivered with a simplicity and majesty wholly divine. He spake as never man spake. He spake with authority; yet addressed himself to the reason and the understanding of men; and he spake with wisdom, which men could neither gainsay nor resist. In his private life, he exhibits a character not merely of strict justice, but of flowing benignity. He is temperate, without austerity; his meekness and humility are signal; his patience is invincible; truth and sincerity illustrate his whole conduct; every one of his virtues is regulated by consummate prudence; and he both wins the love of his friends, and extorts the wonder and admiration of his enemies. He is represented in every variety of situation in life, from the height of worldly grandeur, amid the acclamations of an admiring multitude, to the deepest abyss of human degradation and woe, apparently deserted of God and man. Yet everywhere he is the same; displaying a character of unearthly perfection, symmetrical in all its proportions, and encircled with splendor more than human. Either the men of Galilee were men of superlative wisdom, and extensive knowledge and experience, and of deeper skill in the arts of deception, than any and all others, before or after them, or they have truly stated the astonishing things which they saw and heard."

"After six years given to the impartial investigation of Christianity as to its truth or falsity, I have come to the deliberate conclusion that Jesus Christ was the Messiah of the Jews, the Savior of the world and my own personal Redeemer." -- General Lew Wallace, one-time atheist, military general and literary genius, who along with Robert Ingersoll agreed together they would write a book that would forever destroy the myth of Christianity. Mr. Wallace studied for two years in the leading libraries of Europe and America for information to destroy Christianity. While writing the second chapter of his book, he suddenly found himself on his knees, crying out, "My Lord and my God." The evidence was overwhelmingly conclusive. Later, Wallace wrote "Ben Hur" one of the greatest Christian novels.
~ General Lew Wallace

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

to the outside world, I am a devout and practicing Catholic.

However, my spirituality goes far beyond the Catholic Church. I've been a student of the mystery schools since I was a small child. And..most students of esoteric wisdom will tell you that your 'education' began long before this life.

There is hidden wisdom in most mainstream religions...however, it is an undercurrent which most people don't even recognize, let alone understand the significance of. Do you know why Jesus put his covenant in bread (body) and wine (blood)? Do you know why candles are lit during religious ceremonies? Do you know why the altar is consecrated with incense? these things all have a deeper meaning.

Jesus spoke to the masses in parables. He spoke differently to his apostles. This was no coincidence.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

So how, for example, did feudalism and slavery last into the 21st century if Jesus magiced them out of existence with his 'light'?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Dr. Simon Greenleaf believed the Resurrection of Jesus Christ was a hoax. And he determined, once and for all, to expose the "myth" of the Resurrection. After thoroughly examining the evidence for the resurrection — Dr. Greenleaf came to the exact opposite conclusion! He wrote a book entitled, An Examination of the Testimony of the Four Evangelists by the Rules of Evidence Administered in the Courts of Justice. In which he emphatically stated: 
"it was IMPOSSIBLE that the apostles could have persisted in affirming the truths they had narrated, had not JESUS CHRIST ACTUALLY RISEN FROM THE DEAD, . . ."

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm not saying just the resurrection..all of it. Do not bring this to me as I feel religion forced upon me. Fair?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

It IS bred through religion. Good bye, do not force your dogma upon me.

edit on 22-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Ah so stories were written rewritten translated & retranslated over thousands of years & that's proof.

Be careful, your long term conditioning is showing.

Is it possible for the OP to delete the entire thread they created? This thread needs a serious & immediate purge.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica
I disagree, I had a pleasant chat...though some less so. Of course I could be to blame, but I keep feeling religion is forced upon me in some manner.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join