It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who should I vote FOR ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I know, right?

Ted "frickin'" Cruz? Donald "I can insult anyone I want..." Trump? Really?

I wouldn't vote for either of them if they paid me to. Well... If they offered me enough, I might. I can be bought, but I'm not cheap.
edit on 2/20/2016 by seagull because: spelling, yet again.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19KTankCommander
This will be the 10 president I have lived through, I have thoughts on what I would like but they all say stuff that I agree with......So help me out with who and a reason.

First, these are my beliefs and morals.

Since I am a man, I should have not right to tell a women what to do with her body, saying that I do believe that abortion is wrong unless its due to rape, incest, or medical.
Vote libertarian or republican
2nd amendment, I believe it is everyone's right to bear arms, as long as they can prove that they are mentally capable to show that they understand what a weapon is and does, also I believe it is one way to keep the government in check.
Vote libertarian
Welfare, I was raised under welfare until my mother could find a job, I understand the hardships of those with little or nothing, but I also see that the system is being abused, and I believe that in todays day and age that drug testing those that receive welfare should be done, I look at it this way I work hard everyday for my paycheck and I have to take drug screening test to keep my job, so I believe the same should go for those that receive government assistance.
Vote for the GOP and Trump. Man all those tests would cost a lot of money and the people in poverty can't afford to pay for drug testing
Privacy, I think the government has gotten to big for itself, and they are putting their noises in my business everyday, just leave me alone and let me enjoy my life, let me earn a income, don't tell me how to live my life, If I don't want insurance because I am cheap don't force me to get it, let me spend my money on things that make me happy.
Vote Libertarian again
Military Service, yes I spent 20 years on active duty, don't take my benefits away or scare me about what the other person is going to do, same goes with Social Security , why is every election they (politicians) want to scare the old folks about SS, Talk with my mother and SS did not get a cost of living raise, neither did any veteran that is disabled, retired, but congress and the senators did, ,most of us that earned benefits the legal way are not getting the same increases the rest of the government is getting.
Vote Libertarian
Immigration and refugees, I have seen and lived through a few major scenarios concerning this, Vietnam, Cambodia, Mong , Cuba, Checks, Arabs, Somalians and now Syrians, with each case there are those that come here legally and want to better themselves, but I can recall many that came and committed crimes, to include murder, I believe that something needs to be done, I keep think about a friend that came here legally, did all the right things, received his citizenship, he never received any hand outs (money) and he is the one that is really made about the whole immigration thing going on right now. (by the way he is Mexican) In fact the county were I live they allowed Somalians in on war visa, guess what the crime rate jumped 87 % after they arrived.
Vote for Trump/GOP
Minimum wage, I started at Minimum wage if I recall it was (don't quote me) $1.95 at the time, it was a starter job, I better myself and work my way up the pay scale. I don't believe that the Minimum wage needs to be increased to $15 dollars and hour but maybe $9 a hour or so. To me Minimum wage is for young folks entering the job force and getting a work experience, not for living off of.
Vote for Libertarians
This is just the short list, but hopefully you can see were I stand, so who would be the best candidate for me and why?

thanks for the help

You should vote for Gary Johnson or Donald Trump.
edit on 20-2-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
He thinks the sky isn't green nor the water dry? Odd fellow.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
vote for whatever you believe in if it makes you feel better. not that it will make a shred of difference. ever, in any elections, anywhere.

the house always wins. the wheel is spun again. the game continues.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I got bernie at 92%, yes sir, but damn hillary at 86%, not too sure what that tells me, i cant stand hillary

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

Vote for the candidate who will represent points like those you have made, and do not compromise for one who will deal with some, but not all of them. If there is no candidate, demand one, provide one, or spoil your ballot.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
88% with Johnson which is reasonable.

As to who to vote for, do the homework and know the candidates before you decide. You will never get an exact match, so we all end up going with who we agree with the most.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

This is just my opinion, so take it or leave it.

But no one should ever vote for anyone that will "give" them anything.

Because that means that "they" can take it away at their discretion.

Vote instead for the person that will protect your freedoms to provide for yourself.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This is just my opinion, so take it or leave it.

But no one should ever vote for anyone that will "give" them anything.

Because that means that "they" can take it away at their discretion.

Vote instead for the person that will protect your freedoms to provide for yourself.

This is just saying, vote for the person who gives you freedom, which is yet another thing that "they" can take away. Like the last time we voted freedom and were instead given Homeland Security.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

And for every law they write, for every government program they add, our freedoms are being lost.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Aazadan

And for every law they write, for every government program they add, our freedoms are being lost.

It depends on your perspective I suppose. I don't see programs that feed the needy as taking freedom away from anyone. Instead it enables them, rather than starve they have the choice to not starve. Even more traditional welfare programs give the person the option to work or better themselves rather than continue to be trapped in their current circumstances. Not everyone takes that option, but some do.

Others see their money being taken away as taxes as removing their freedom. I think that's a bit silly though considering all money taken in taxes makes it's way back to you in wages anyhow, plus prices will adjust to the size of paychecks so paying less in taxes doesn't actually enable one to buy more stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join