It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is closer to the teachings of Jesus than Christianity.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

the only problem is 90% of the wars and fighting going on in the world today are in Muslim nations or those converting to it. Seems these peaceful Muslims can't do anything but fight and war.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You just said Allah was a pagan moon god, and I just told you that Allah isn't a word exclusive to muslims, hence you can't box it in with "pagan moon god." Sure, tangent.

I can just as easily say "Lucifer is pagan a sun god"

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

At one time in history the Pantheon of gods in Mecca did house idols of all the tribes of Arabian area. The tribe from which Mohammed is from , had for its god the moon god, whose name they called Allah, the most high god. In that Pantheon that gods idol was placed in the position as the highest in rank and file of the gods idols placed there.

When Mohammed supposedly got his visions form the 800 winged angel Gabriel, he went to Mecca rampaged the pantheon and through out all the other Idols and the idol of Allah and claimed Allah as the most high and only god. Since then the term Allah became synonymous with the generic term god.

Allah's Roots

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Well he did in the Garden of Eden...Adam lived a ripe old age...and about Gods Omniscience - well again Adam did hide form him. Sounds pretty human this Yahweh character

To be fair, the Omniscience of God isnt at question because he asked adam where he was.

When I bust my kids the first thing I usually ask is "what did you do", or "what did you do with it" knowing full well the truth, but in asking directly you can give them a chance to give themselves up and start fresh instead of snatching them out of a hidey hole and accusing and blaming them.
edit on 2182016 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

edit on 2182016 by Butterfinger because: grammar

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
You just said Allah was a pagan moon god, and I just told you that Allah isn't a word exclusive to muslims, hence you can't box it in with "pagan moon god."

Long since refuted by solid, overwhelming archaeological evidence...

You've said this a few times now but I noticed that you never give a source?

One can only guess that there must be a good reason for this.

The fact that you don't only makes me all the more suspicious of who that source is.

It is a well known fact archaeologically speaking that the cresent moon was the symbol of worship of the Moon god both in Arabia and throughout the Middle East in pre-Islamic times. Educated Muslims understand these facts only too well—better, in fact, than most Christians. The archaeological evidence demonstrates that the dominant religion in Arabia was the cult of the moon-god. The Old Testament consistently rebuked the worship of the moon-god (Deuteronomy 4:19; 17:3; II KIngs 21:3,5; 23:5; Jeremiah 8:2; 19:13; Zephaniah 1:5).

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

"The source of this (Allah) goes back to pre-Muslim times. Allah is not a common name meaning "God" (or a "god"), and the Muslim must use another word or form if he wishes to indicate any other than his own peculiar deity." (Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics (ed. Hastings), I:326.)

According to the Encyclopedia of Religion, Allah corresponded to the Babylonian god Baal, and Arabs knew of him long before Mohammed worshipped him as the supreme God. Before Islam the Arabs recognized many gods and goddesses, each tribe had their own deity.

bayezid, who is Allah

Everything in islam and its qur’an was stolen from Ancient Pagan Religions that predated it by thousands of years. The symbols are no exception and are nothing other than twisted corruptions of their much earlier and original Pagan versions.

islamic symbols STOLEN from Ancient Paganism

“Historians have said Allah was actually the chief of the 360 gods being worshipped in Arabia at the time Mohammed rose to prominence. Interestingly, not many Muslims want to accept that Allah was already being worshipped at the Kaaba in Mecca by Arab pagans before Mohammed came. Some Muslims become angry when they are confronted with this fact. But history is not on their side. Pre-Islamic literature has proved this.” (G.J.O. Moshay, Who Is This Allah? (Dorchester House, Bucks, UK, 1994), pg. 138).

GOD AND ALLAH ARE DIFFERENT

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Christianity and Islam are both in err since they both claim the virgin birth. But the virgin birth is based on the wrong reading of an old testament scripture (prophecy) where the word that is used does not imply virgin. The writer of the new testament who used this old testament reference mistranslated it.

So if both of these religions claim the virgin birth and what I've implied above is true then there's a big problem here.

Outside of the gospels did any of the other new testament writers ever mention the virgin birth?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
What if all the religions are basically correct - with vastly different interpretations - and there is a higher power? What if all the religions are wrong and when we die, we just die?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Outside of the gospels did any of the other new testament writers ever mention the virgin birth?

Quran
"How can I give birth to a son if no man has touched me?"; receiving the answer; "Just so! God creates what he wants: when he decides something, it is enough that he should say: let it be! and it is" (III, 147; XIX, 203)

Luke NT
34 And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?”

"Virgin" from the Greek "i did not know a man"

I cant find anywhere else.

edit on 2182016 by Butterfinger because: format

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

the only problem is 90% of the wars and fighting going on in the world today are in Muslim nations or those converting to it. Seems these peaceful Muslims can't do anything but fight and war.

No, they also have the option to run FLEE to more peaceful areas/nation states as their own townships are in dire chaos; overrun by barbaric murderous interlopers of a different Muslim creed (Sunni against Shiite against the Kurds). In the United States would equate to the Baptists going to war with the Catholics. The Catholics going to war with the Methodists, Lutherans and Mormons (OVER WHAT exactly); for extremist Muslims: an illegal application of Sharia law at its most primitive violent form of interpretation resulting in social system meddling (cough) justified murder/extinction of others not holding to that order (no God worship all belongs to the state). This is a more strategic version of Communism as one is actually exterminating those of the same faith; not necessarily another of a different belief system. Basically everyone wants freedom (to exercise free will) even within Muslim countries.
edit on 18-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Quran
"How can I give birth to a son if no man has touched me?"; receiving the answer; "Just so! God creates what he wants: when he decides something, it is enough that he should say: let it be! and it is" (III, 147; XIX, 203)

Luke NT
34 And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?”

"Virgin" from the Greek "i did not know a man"

I cant find anywhere else.

Thanks for your reply. I ask that you re-read my post. The old testament verse that all of Christianity hangs on in regards to the virgin birth was not a verse about a virgin. It's somewhere in Isiah and I'm too lazy to look up the exact scripture number. Basically the word used in the O.T. verse is not the word for virgin. So when the writers of the new testament used this old testament verse to explain the fulfillment of prophecy they mistranslated the OT (intentionally or unintentionally).

Islam just echoes it's belief in the virgin birth from Christianity.

If the virgin birth never happened (which i lean towards it not happening using logic and my argument above) then this creates a big problem for christianity and islam. This also creates a problem for the claim that Jesus is gods begotten son.

Also it's ironic that Paul never mentioned the virgin birth in any of his writings

If you want to go a little deeper with it, then search for how many virgin births there have been in other world religions in the past. Same concept too.... that the child born was half god/ half man.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

You seem to think that if you post a bunch of things other people have said that agree with you it somehow adds weight to your argument. Hell you're not even making an argument, you're just stating an opinion as fact then posting links. None of these links "refute" the concept that "Allah" just means god, they just "disagree" with it.

Hell, this is the opening line from your second article: "Allah is the name of the only God in Islam. Allah is a pre-Islamic name coming from the compound Arabic word Al-ilah which means the God, which is derived from al (the) ilah (deity)." Hell of the four things you posted, three mention this. Your last one goes on to say "‘Hubal’ was the god to whom Arabs prayed at the Kaaba and they used the name “Allah” when they prayed. Today a Muslim is one who submits to the God Allah." That should, more accurately, state "They used the TERM "allah" when they prayed" since it just said that "Allah" means "The God." Many religions think that addressing your god by name is disrespectful at the least.

So you're trying to say that the pagan god that the pre-islamic arabs just called "God" is the same god as the one they worship now because they still refer to him as "God." Going by that logic any religion that uses the word "God" must be following the same god right?

Fine, here i'll play. I can find things that agree with my point of view too, and surprisingly, it isn't from a Muslim, or atheist website: The crescent moon: A Symbol of islam? That states, as almost ALL the other websites, that aren't christian, that the star and crescent were actually adopted from the flag of Constantinople, a christian city, after it's sacking by the Ottoman Empire who then adopted the symbol themselves.

You really should read more than just the titles of the links you post.

edit on 18-2-2016 by Slanter because: numbers

edit on 18-2-2016 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tiidoc
I would add there seems to be a functioning template here within all belief systems; same old samo (to reach everyone with a similar dogma) to pacify those living in different regions (its worked). Who was the designer of this identical rubber stamp dogmatic tradition and why?
edit on 18-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I hope that baptist don't ever go to war against Catholics and the others that would be just crazy.

But I understand what your are saying.

They need to get control of the whole thing. It seems war and killing off their opposition is their only option.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Except you did not talk about any teachings of Jesus. Very interesting. Who is Jesus' father then if not God?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

very good question my friend! i wish you peace on your journey in the search of truth.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

That question wasn't asked in the regard to which you think it was.

Asking Adam wasn't a question of God needing to know where he was. He was asking because Adam needed to answer for himself.

This may answer your question better than I do. It's someone else's explanation, not mine, though it does lend credence to what I'm saying.

The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good” (Proverbs 15:3). By asking, “Adam, where art thou?,” the LORD is bringing Adam to the place of accountability. Adam is forced to confess that he is hiding from God because he has blatantly disobeyed God’s commandment: he has eaten the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, so as any sinner does, he hides from the holy God of creation. As the Lord Jesus Christ said in John 3:17-21
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
What are you, nuts?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think Islam is a fantastic religion, but I don't know if it's more true to Jesus teachings.

Possible I guess, I don't think it's something that can be proven because he's dead.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metatron365
I think Islam is a fantastic religion, but I don't know if it's more true to Jesus teachings.
Possible I guess, I don't think it's something that can be proven because he's dead.

So is Mohammed.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metatron365

Double personality talk again.

You made that account to try and throw off ATS Staff just as you did the Gabriel69 account.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join