It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is closer to the teachings of Jesus than Christianity.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

If you are going to be fair, is Chistianity responsible for every innocent civilian killed in a drone strike? Or for invading Iraq under false pretense?

The reason why the middle east is violent is because wealthy and political people engineered it.

Crucial to their plans is to get you to think Islam is responsible. Even though it isn't.

And you drank the kool aid my friend. They love when you fall for such nonsense, it keeps you from REALLY knowing the truth.

Wars are a for profit enterprise, as long as you think Islam is a violent religion you won't mind if we bomb the shiite out of Muslim countries.

Hate is a disease, truth is the cure.

Wake the fukc up!
edit on 18-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rasalghul

If you are going to be fair, is Chistianity responsible for every innocent civilian killed in a drone strike? Or for invading Iraq under false pretense?

The reason why the middle east is violent is because wealthy and political people engineered it.

Crucial to their plans is to get you to think Islam is responsible. Even though it isn't.

And you drank the kool aid my friend. They love when you fall for such nonsense, it keeps you from REALLY knowing the truth.

Wars are a for profit enterprise, as long as you think Islam is a violent religion you won't mind if we bomb the shiite out of Muslim countries.

Wake the fukc up!

Watch your language young man !

Back to basics and your original claim. Islam is not even close to teachings of Jesus. In Islam jihad verses are to put in action right away when muslims meet people who are against Muhammads teachings. In New Testament even Jesus talked time to time about violence he was mostly talking the wrath of God which was not put in action in this life but in life after death. In Islam there are 164 if not more jihad verses which requie instant action, killin and stoning.
Jesus were warning what is to come not instant actions against people were his intend like it is in Islam.
With Jesus God made a new law and the new law was about God´s forgivness to people who belief in son of God who were sacrified in a cross.

So please take your christian hate elsewhere.. i suggest you to read new testament and understand it.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

a reply to: arpgme
Thank you for sharing that. God loves everyone no matter what your religious philosophy is.

Allah, the Most High God, God, El, whatever you want to call him, had many Sons in the OT. But it's not like our definition of son.

Jesus is The Messiah, which is not a god but an anointed one. Judaism never had a son of God prophecy and said Messiah was not prophesied to BE God. Just the Messiah.

Even Jesus says he's not God, it is sad what has been done to his message.

And now you are going behind the veil of religion to how "the divine" is implementing the evolutionary change humanity will experience and even using the exact descriptional terms for anointed ONES.

You clearly can see where Paul screwed up the way with duality separation in Christian faith. And if you can see that with an objective awareness then you should be able to put that logic and awareness to see where Muhammad made the same mistake.

I get that you are trying to create peace and understanding between the followers of Jesus and Muhammad but the logical duality flaws in both camps will make that impossible until both Paul:s additions and Muhammad:s duality hate is seen for what it is and rejected by all souls.

This is not something that can be wished away and the words will not change so that Paul and Muhammad one day will be seen as logical and duality free. Deal with "what is". The problem with duality is both within Islam and outside Islam but the only way that Islam will get other religions to tolerate them is to become duality hate free. And all religions should be equally measured for their fruits.

Even if the back end of Judaism, Christian faith and Islam can get you to experience "the divine" the front ends still suck in all three causing war between the groups due to duality. What if we tried instead to say humanism first then religion and realise the flaws in religious dogma. Maybe that could create peace between the majority of Christians, Jews, Muslim and atheists? Creating an awareness in all souls where all souls can be treated like a soul brother/soul sister?
edit on 18-2-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

If you are going to be fair, is Chistianity responsible for every innocent civilian killed in a drone strike?

No.
If a drone strikes a 'perp' who is hiding, like a coward, amidst their family/civilians, for instance, and their family dies, I would think that it is more the 'perp's' responsibility than the responder with the drone.
Assuming, of course, that the perp really is the perp.

Or for invading Iraq under false pretense?

No denial there! They are not innocent, but neither is Islam.

So, you are saying that Moslems are incapable of thinking for themselves, and all the violent 'radicals' are really manipulated idiots by the fat cats running the show, like pawns?

When I hear the radicals quoting from the Quran in validation of their insanity, I find that the verses exist when I check!
The OLD testament, the Bible, is filled with the same ignorant barbarism, but the Jews are a bit more civilized then to practice such insanity on any regular basis!
Few to NO stonings.
And the New Testament with Jesus' teaching is devoid of any violence worth mentioning!
The violent bits in the Quran can also be ignored, but like Xtianity, mindless people need to argue that everything in the book is to be mindlessly followed!
Such fundamnentalists remain ever clueless!
Both books are in desperate need of an Enlightened/unconditionally Loving critical update, leaving out the violent insanity!

Nah, you can't piss down my neck and make me believe it's raining!
As far as I can tell, the average Moslem is as Faithless and symptomatically 'belief-addled' as any Xtian!
Both emotionally/vainly, Faithlessly, need to be 'better' than the next guy/religion/belief!

Frankly, I do not care who bombs whom.
Everyone dies at exactly the perfect moment!
I do not 'believe' that Islam is violent, nor do I 'believe' that Xtianity is and has been violent.
But I do observe the evidence supporting the theory of Islam's violence (Quran AND Bible (Old Test)) having insane violent parts that are available for idiot barbarians, Muslim AND Xtians, to excuse their behavior!
Take those parts out of your book and then, perhaps, you can claim non-violence, when no one can point to your scripture as validation for their insane hatred and violence!

And bumperstickers are crap when given the least critical thought!
As is yours!

Wake the fukc up!

Now we are getting into violent language!
What next, you going to blow me up?
Cut off my head, Mr. Peaceful?
Time will out all fakes...

edit on 18-2-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

(post by Rasalghul removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Click here for more information.

Just keep editing.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

But you don't seem to bright anyway. Definitely not worth my time, I hate posers.

Even though I might agree that Islam might be closer to the teachings of Jesus that Christianity is

I have to say,

You are what most ideologies speak against and its one who likes divide people instead of unite.

Most threads started by anyone advertising their beliefs usually end up dividing people more so than uniting and finding common ground. Most not all, even thought all will have conflicting views a few know how to go about expressing themselves in a respectable manner.

Your anger and way you go about expressing yourself is just sickening to read and it really looks like you have no real belief in what you post but only do so to get a rise out of people and start a fight.

If you are a religious person then look in the mirror, its people like yourself that makes religion look bad and makes religion look like a tool for division instead of unity.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I'm just sick of people saying Islam is a violent religion. It's propaganda and if people are dumb enough to believe it, I have no pity for them. It's like saying Christianity is a violent religion. It's equal to racism, what do you call a person who hates a whole religion the same way a person hates another race? A creedist?

I'm calling it like it is if you want to get all self righteous on me go right ahead. I really don't care.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

Religion is not a race and race card do not apply here. Religion is in other hand part of the culture. What people are writing is the differences in scriptures and doctorines and you made a claim about that Islam is closer what Jesus taught and when you were questionized about your statement you don´t want any opposite views to your own. It seems that your view is only view there is ..at least for you. You close your eyes and ears to anything which contradicts your belief pattern which you have propably learnt when "growing up". Your belief system requires to learn every scripture of Quran by heart but it doesn´t involve the texts which musilims claims they believe too but seems to be very unknowledged about what scrpture really says

Religion is part of the culture, Middle East has different culture than western World. Quran does hold many verses which are violent and it´s violence is different and direct and involves action of followers. There are a lot which is nothing alike what Jesus taught.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'd recommend reading through "Journey of the Magi" by Paul Roberts. Definitely an interesting read on the subject!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I'm just sick of people saying Islam is a violent religion.

Same here, same goes for anything that can not be considered violent. Violence a word describing an act that is either fictional or real.

Yes ideologies can be used to incite violence but who performs the acts of violence, A person of free will.

I agree that its an individual and an individual act that should be blamed instead of painting with a wide brush.

However, like I said, the way you have gone about it, the way many go about it just further divides us.

It should be discussed but how the discussion is approached is whats always flawed, someone will get defensive because of how they interpret what another is saying and then go on the offensive.

Most threads about Islam or Christianity end up being flooded with comparisons and opinions of which is more violent or which has been the cause of more violence.

Its ridiculous, I am guilty of approaching theses subjects/discussions that way and it leads no where but to banter which can sometimes get more serious where posts are removed.

What solutions do I have, I try to steer clear of posting when I feel emotion is guiding my response on these subjects, its too easy to say something that will be interpreted in the wrong way or say something that just makes yourself as bad as those you condemn.

I'm calling it like it is if you want to get all self righteous on me go right ahead. I really don't care.

So am I,

I see you have grudges against other members and they do you from previous threads and its brought into this thread,

this is directed not just at you but others that hold a grudge against you for your views or posts in other threads

I am calling it like it is because you only further those grudges between yourself and others by using the approach you are, with an aggressive tone,

Am I being self righteous, Yes, why because I too am sick of seeing the same as you of religion bashing, painting with wide brushes, etc etc.

I really don't care.

Do not deceive yourself or try and lie that you do not care,

one would not post if they dont care or one would if did not care but would be doing so due to an agenda to further the divide, I hope you do care and are not posting just to try and further divide readers and posters alike.
edit on 18-2-2016 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

they would read the Qur'an they would realize that Islam is the will of God, and that they are polytheist.

But the Koran is not enough is it...theres the Hadiths and then theres the Mullahs who are after all only men giving their interpretation

Hadīth are sayings, act or tacit approval, validly or invalidly, ascribed to the Islamic prophet Muhammad.

I get why God made Mohammed a prophet.

So God couldn't get it right and then along comes Mohammed to create a new cult...

as to polytheism in Islam...its there if you care to look

www.islam-watch.org...

Will ye call upon Baal and forsake the Best of Creators, [Quran: 37:125, Yusuf Ali]

Or is it that thou askest them for some recompense? But the recompense of thy Lord is best: He is the Best of those who give sustenance. [Quran: 23:72, Yusuf Ali]

In these two verses, Allah tells a different story. “Best of creators” means one creator who is better than some other creators. Therefore, Muslims believe there are multiple creators; Allah being the best of them all—whom Muslims must worship.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

. I can see you don't know much about Islam. You wouldn't have made such an ignorant comment.

And yet everyone of your threads is usually an attack on Christianity. If Islam is so great surely it should stand on its on merits - Tell us how great Islam without attacking Christianity, that should be an eye opener

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I've never said anything that wasn't true. If you feel attacked, it's not my fault or problem.

Islam just has a more correct theology regarding Jesus. I didn't invent either.

Your problem isn't with me.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I don't.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Of all the threads I've made this is the one I've least participated. You are complaining about nothing.

I made a thread. Big deal, what is your beef. You gonna tell me what I care about? I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

God can't lie

Well he did in the Garden of Eden...Adam lived a ripe old age...and about Gods Omniscience - well again Adam did hide form him. Sounds pretty human this Yahweh character

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join