It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KING: Peyton Manning’s squeaky-clean image was built on lies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
LINK

So, I come across this rather interesting article this morning. This is the first time I have heard a single thing about this, though others might have heard chatter in the past.

....and before I go any further I want to state that I am not trying to be "that guy" that starts smearing Peyton, or anyone else that excels and is on top. It happens all the time but I am just posting this for others to see because, like I said, I had never even heard about this and the "facts of the case" (from the plaintiffs side anyways) are included in the pdf (and now here) for others to take a look at if they choose to do so.
I personally think Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game. His ability to read defenses is beyond almost any other and he really knows the game well.....so, I don't want to hear that "you're trying to stand on his back" garbage.

Moving on........

Thirteen years ago, USA Today obtained 74 pages of explosive court documents on Peyton Manning, Archie Manning, the University of Tennessee, and Florida Southern College that revealed allegations of a sexual-assault scandal, cover up, and smear campaign of the victim that was so deep, so widespread and so ugly that it would've rocked the American sports world to its core. Yet USA Today never released those documents for reasons I can't explain.

Perhaps a bit of hyperbole there towards the end of that statement, but anyways....

There is a lot of information in this article, and for the sake of not copying and pasting all of it here I'll just pretty much leave it at this. I'll let those of you that care to read and comment take it from here. (Like I said, not trying to smear the guy, but I did feel that this article deserves some vetting and some conversation....so, there ya go)

MODS...I know this post is pretty minimal, but like I said, for the sake of not copying and pasting the ton of information in the article I figure those that want to read it can just visit the site and read it....
If I need to add something to keep it from being 404d, just let me know. TIA

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
DR. vulgar mouth??? is that some sort of joke?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

For some reason no one ever thinks or considers an athlete in their prime in a negative way, take for example Aaron Hernandez. He was a star athlete that basically committed Boondock Saint style murder, and almost got away with it.

Unfortunately, well in my personal opinion, the wealthier a person gets, the more atrocious they become.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Look to Barry Sanders if you want to see an exemplary sports figure. Baddest MF to ever play the game.

after scoring a TD hand the ball to the ref, act like you've been there before and you'll be there again. No showboating

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Barry and Jerry. You know the Jerry I mean.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I had never heard of this either, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The elite athlete fraternity from H.S. through college into the pro's protects it's members activities.

The money and pressures placed on these immature kids usually comes out in a not so wholesome 'off the court' lifestyle.
Then there is their 'controllers' need to protect their investment.
I am surprised there is not more news like this.

As I said this is new to me so I am off to read about it.

Thanks Jakal

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Unfortunately, well in my personal opinion, the wealthier a person gets, the more atrocious they become.

Yeah, and Manning comes from that wealth, so...he got a "head start"....lack of consequences does that to a person, I suppose.

This doesn't shock me at all, tbh. I just figured I'd post it for others to see because it was the first I had heard of it.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

after scoring a TD hand the ball to the ref, act like you've been there before and you'll be there again. No showboating

Damn right. My "midget league" (kids 10-14) coach told us that same thing. "Act like you've been there before, head back to the huddle or sideline, no need for the showboating".....It carried on in me and I still say that all the time, especially when I see a player get a sack (when his team is down 30 odd points) and then get up showboating like he just did something...makes me sick. It's the madden video game mentality...gotta get that character in the game to "be you" on the field.

If we showboated, even in the least bit, like some of the guys do today, we'd run till we puked or collapsed. That was just how it was.
It really smears the game, for me at least. Apparently though, it's "entertaining" for the masses, so....whatever.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

This is disgusting.

The only sport I give a God damn about is cricket, and there have been some shocking characters in that game over the years, although you would not credit it were it not for the outrages some of them have been involved in, particularly back in the day.

But I have to say, that even I, who deliberately remain unaware of matters to do with sports as much as possible, am not able to avoid entirely the subject of American Football. It pervades even here, on this hallowed Isle. I am all too aware that some sports stars in America, and particularly those who play American Football at any of the significant levels, are heroes to their fans, in such a way as to be near unimpeachable. However, this story is bloody disgusting, and if even a tenth of it is true, Manning needs his face kicking in. Every month till he dies of it, preferably.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is a story of one woman from Mannings past.
The story doesn't detail a long list of sexually abuse against women.
I'm not saying she's lying or making anything up, or that any sexually assult is acceptable. This story should be checked out, but the man has a great reputation as an all around classy individual.
I will need more proof than has been provided.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
"....I want to state that I'm not trying to be that guy...."

We'll I AM gonna be "that guy"....

What's in your past?

Come on, tell me....
I wanna start a thread.

For the record:
If 18 did this,
Shame Shame.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The idolization of sports figures disgusts me, frankly.

However, this story is bloody disgusting, and if even a tenth of it is true, Manning needs his face kicking in. Every month till he dies of it, preferably.

If the NFL doesn't bury the HGH allegations, the metaphorical face kicking might just begin sometime soon. Strange that it hasn't been all over the place yet, to me anyways. Seems they don't want to kill their cash cow....just yet.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

While I agree, and even stated that is part of the reason I posted it, this isn't just one woman that no one knows. She has some pretty good credentials.

The proof provided is really in the pdf, did you take a look at that? (I know you haven't had time to read all 74 pages of it yet)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

What's in your past? Come on, tell me.... I wanna start a thread.

No need. I'm quite open about the sh**ty sh*t in my past. Some of it, I've even posted here. No need to start a thread, nor any need for me to hide it. Sexual assault is not one of those things, nor is building my reputation on the "all American boy" and making a killing off that either, so, there is that.

For the record: If 18 did this, Shame Shame.

Doing it is/was one thing...he was young. Being around a bunch of sports types all my life, I know all too well the mentality that is pervasive during "locker room chat" and the like........lying about it and not taking responsibility for it, then smearing his victim (with help from "higher ups) is a completely different thing. Shame is right.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

He went into business with "papa" john schnatter. The guy that said giving employees insurance would raise the cost of pizza's by 14c on average and it's a bad idea...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I read the article but not the pdf.
And like I said, he has a very good credentials as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Without gleaning the information in the pdf, you are basically blindly commenting here.
Typical with ATS these days, because....reading is hard, or something.....

Read the pdf, and then have a go at it.
TIA

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

His only credentials are being liked as a quarterback in the nfl. The guy has never done anything special. His derp brother has 2 rings too.

Not a hate on manning post, but let's not give him credit like he's some great guy or anything more than just a quarterback that was good at the game.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
a reply to: RoadCourse

What's in your past? Come on, tell me.... I wanna start a thread.

No need. I'm quite open about the sh**ty sh*t in my past. Some of it, I've even posted here. No need to start a thread, nor any need for me to hide it. Sexual assault is not one of those things, nor is building my reputation on the "all American boy" and making a killing off that either, so, there is that.

For the record: If 18 did this, Shame Shame.

Doing it is/was one thing...he was young. Being around a bunch of sports types all my life, I know all too well the mentality that is pervasive during "locker room chat" and the like........lying about it and not taking responsibility for it, then smearing his victim (with help from "higher ups) is a completely different thing. Shame is right.

Soooo what about "not trying to be that guy" part?

I don't give a sh!t about your past, glory football days and all.
What are you NOW?
I was making a point.

Again....
If 18 did this....
Booooooo.

Are you a New England fan.....Carolina maybe?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

He went into business with "papa" john schnatter. The guy that said giving employees insurance would raise the cost of pizza's by 14c on average and it's a bad idea...

He owns a budweiser distribution center to. Does that make him responsible for drunk drivers?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join