It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Kill Suspect After Violent Machete Attack At Northeast Columbus Restaurant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
FBI is now involved in the investigation.

The owner of the restaurant, Hansy Barani, believes it was targeted because of his Israeli descent.

The FBI is assisting in the investigation.

The suspect was identified as Mohamed Barry according to Franklin County Coroner Dr. Anahi Ortiz.

senegal-actu.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They were from Israel, immigrated here after becoming Christian. They were, in effect, Israeli Christian Americans. So I think we can just call them Americans. It is a small community of Israeli Christians who came to this country.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

The attacker was on a terrorist watch list, but apparently we were not watching him. I think we need to actually watch those who are worthy of getting on the watch list for goodness sake.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I keep waiting for this to get attention on the news, but I haven't seen anything yet. More about the two girls in school who were shot and nothing about this. I guess talking about this might make us racist or something. Its so stupid and this is a serious problem in this country.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

The first thing the attacker did was to ask where the owner was from.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Hany Baransi, who is the owner of the Nazareth Restaurant and Deli, identifies himself as an Israeli Christian Arab.

He says he has no doubt Thursday night's attacks were an act of terrorism.

"Thirty minutes before he came and did the attack - he came in, looked around, asked where I was from,
asked about our food and where was I," he said.

According to police 30-year-old Mohamed Barry came back to the restaurant a short time later with a machete in his hand.

Baransi says he immediately started attacking customers who were sitting at booth tables.

www.10tv.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The MSM/Gov complex has everything scripted.

The election/political ramifications are enormous.

If this was in a political forum, I would elaborate.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kitana
a reply to: xuenchen

I keep waiting for this to get attention on the news, but I haven't seen anything yet. More about the two girls in school who were shot and nothing about this. I guess talking about this might make us racist or something. Its so stupid and this is a serious problem in this country.

They want to bury stories like this because it works against the left wing, MSM narrative that if there is anything to fear, it's white people and definitely not Muslims or minorities. It sounds nuts, but that's what we have. Imagine if this were a white guy attacking a Muslims restaurant? Suddenly ATS is blowing up along with the media.

The networks that did talk about it aren't even mentioning Islam.

newsbusters.org...

ABC, CBS, NBC's Friday evening newscasts all failed to mention Islamism as a possible motive in their coverage of the machete attack inside an Ohio restaurant on Thursday. ABC's World News Tonight didn't even use the word "terrorism" during their report on Mohamed Barry's rampage. Alex Perez merely noted that "Barry was known to the FBI, but was not under a full-scale investigation." CBS's Jeff Pegues underlined that "police say the assault has the hallmarks of a terrorism-inspired attack." Pegues was also the only Big Three correspondent to report that Barry was "here in the U.S. on a green card."

All three programs noted that the restaurant owner's Israeli background. However, NBC's Pete Williams was the only one to specify that "the owner...is from Israel — a Christian Arab. Investigators are looking at whether Barry may have mistakenly thought he was Jewish." Williams also revealed that "radical comments by him [Barry] four years ago brought a brief look from the FBI, which then moved on." -

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The moment he saw the name of the restaurant (Nazareth) Mohamed suspected it was either owned by Jews or Christians.
When he did his recon visit to ask about the business's ownership and discovered it was owned by a Christian man from Israel...the Muslim, Mohamed knew he hit the jackpot.

He went home, grabbed his machete...went back to Nazareth...and set about executing his savage radical Islamo-terrorism.

IMO...This is a premeditated act of terrorism/hate crime, by a Muslim terrorist against Christians.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

This "acceptable" left-wing narrative will be the death of America. If we bury the truth, that this man is a radical Islamist who was on the terrorist watch list and here on a green card having immigrated SINCE 9/11 (in my understanding here), then we have done a disservice to the American people.

It is only through full knowledge of the truth can we make informed decisions when it comes to voting platforms that we either support or don't support. That is the main reason for freedom of speech and protections for journalists. It is so we can make informed decisions when it comes to our voting stances.

If we don't know that half of all terrorist attacks in this country are committed by radicalized Muslims when Muslims themselves are barely over 1% of the population, if we don't know that 1 in 4 Muslims living in the United States came here since 9/11, if we don't know the scope of radical Islam and their plans, how can we vote either for or against policies that promote or seek to reduce this impact? We can't. And these left leaning organizations completely own all media.

Fox is one of the largest supporters of Open Borders, which seeks to further open our borders. How can we trust them when they seek to brush under the rug anything remotely connected to immigration? How can we trust what any of these news organizations say, when they refuse to speak about the truth in this country? When all we get is the propaganda they choose for us to hear?

A Anti-Semitic hate crime was committed, something that definitely qualifies as a hate crime, that unequivocally qualifies as Anti-Semitic, gets brushed under the rug. Ted Nugent is all over the news for pointing out that 12 people are Israeli and it is being denounced as a hate crime when there was no hate in what he said, but rather a short statement of a few facts - yet a man on a terrorist watch list can attempt to slaughter a group of Israeli Christians, and its nothing to people. When their favorite murdering pets do it, its okay I guess.

The whole thing just makes me sick at heart - and often I think I am the only one who sees it.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I agree with you 100%.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Cant seem to find any pictures of the Man or his attire. Did he have on thick and/or baggy clothing?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I don't think the restaurant goers were busy taking pictures as they were being attacked by a man wielding a machete. Their bad I guess they were too busy trying to run or hide from the attacker.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Given the world in which we live and the prevalence of cameras just about everywhere im surprised there's no video evidence be it from camera phones or public/private CCTV. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

It's not everyone's first thought. Especially in dangerous situations where your life is at stake.

I saw a big black cat (panther or jaguar), he had just made a small kill (I think it was a rabbit) when I came across him. He was beautiful and majestic and I watched him for a moment before he saw me and took his kill and left.

I was awestruck, but never once reached for my cell phone. In that moment of time, it simply didn't even come into my head.

How is it that I, who saw such a thing could not think to grab a picture, but they, with their lives in such immediate danger, should have. I cannot say pictures is the first thing someone thinks in such moments!

As far as security video - they may or may not have it. A small deli/restaurant does not always have security video. But even if they do have it, someone hacking away at people would never be shown on television. It's why you don't see videos of ISIS doing their gory stuff, people complain about such things and its evidence as well. Police evidence in investigations is not always shown prior to trial and with this instance not being politically correct enough to even speak of hardly in the media, I doubt this is something they want to show in action.

(PS. Although, it is perhaps my life was also in danger in that moment as that cat could have killed me, but danger wasn't the first thing to enter my mind as he was too beautiful for me to think "danger" lol)

edit on 13-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Cameras don't think through they simply record. Don't you think there would have been in store CCTV?

Also lets take the terrorist attacks by ISIS on the Turkish beach resort for example, plenty of people who were indeed in fear of there life's managed to record those bastards on there mobile devices. You would be surprised what people consider relevant at such times.

End of the day though im just trying to ascertain why the taser did not work.
edit on 13-2-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

My job never had CCTV. Not all places of employment find that to be necessary. Retail more so than a little deli. Not all places have it.

I think it differs with the age group. The social media fanatics will film a bullet going through their own head, and there are more of those in my age group than in the older age group. This deli probably had a bit of an older crowd, and possibly a more religious crowd who are not social media fanatics 24/7.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Those people were hardly all social media fanatics through, simply holiday makers on the beach.

Dont know what its like over there but you would be hard pushed to find a place of business that accommodates the public that does not have some form of CCTV on there premises in this day of age. At least in the U.K.

Again through im simply trying to determine why the taser failed to what it says on the tin.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Cameras are not everywhere, a hopeful sign for me. As for folks and their cell phones, given their options in such a small space they probably didn't have the needed distance from the butcher to even contemplate making themselves the new twitter or facebook rage.

This took place less than 48 hours ago, and now that the FBI is involved I doubt that you will get to see anything.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Cameras are indeed everywhere, at least anywhere that people are. As to whether or not the persons would feel the need to record such an event, well there are plenty of other similar and even worse incidents that people have recorded at there own peril.

I certainly agree that now the FBI are involved we wont get to see anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join