It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Kill Suspect After Violent Machete Attack At Northeast Columbus Restaurant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well, another machete attack. The suspect that goes into a restaurant, has a conversation with an employee. He leaves and returns only to start hacking up inocent customers.

What the # is happening? Four injuries and one dead hachet-eer. I don't know the CC laws there, but if there was one person armed legally, the sus, should/would (hopefully ) have been neutralized, ... the national news said he could have had ties to terrorists! He has Samalialiun contacts. More later.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police have shot and killed a suspect after he attacked multiple people at a restaurant in northeast Columbus with a machete.

The incident happened at the Nazareth Restaurant & Deli on North Hamilton Road just after 6:00 p.m. on Thursday.

Police said the man walked into the restaurant, had a conversation with an employee and then left. He returned about a half hour later. That's when police said he approached a man and a woman who were sitting just inside the door at a booth and started the attack.

After the attacks, the suspect fled in his car southwest toward the Easton area. Officers attempted a PIT maneuver during the escape, but were unsuccessful. A short time later, a successful attempt was made, and the suspect slammed into a curb near Montclair Drive.

As officers converged on the suspect, he exited the vehicle with a knife in one hand and a machete in the other, according to police. After unsuccessfully firing a taser at the man, he lunged across the hood at the officers and was shot dead.

No officers were hurt during the shooting.

machete attack
edit on 12-2-2016 by ReadLeader because: Sp

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police have shot and killed a suspect after he attacked multiple people at a restaurant…

Yep, police show up after

Eversingleyone of those victims would have given anything to have a gun when they saw dude coming at them with a friggin' machete.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They got the guy before he could do any more damage, that's still good police work.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
First , did anyone take notice of the name ? Nazareth Restaurant & Deli .The restaurant specializes in Mid Eastern cuisine . Is it possible to tell if that had something to do with it ? And I wonder what the conversation before hand was about...Will we ever know ?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I wonder if he read Sutter Kane.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

They got the guy before he could do any more damage, that's still good police work.

Tell that to the victims.

Police agenda is to disarm the public making these kinds of incidents on the rise. Thats not "good" police work…

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The dude obviously got what was coming to him!

Have to wonder through how do you unsuccessfully fire a taser at someone short of missing the target? Could they not have tried a different taser?

Might have been an idea to take the Man alive so as to determine his reasoning or connection regarding Samalialiun terrorists. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Sure... That's their whole purpose, to serve and "collect"

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I thought the same thing as soon as I heard it. It will be interesting to find out what the conversation was...I suspect this is a Jewish Deli, we have alot of them in Ohio...(some of the best sandwiches you'll ever have).

Truly terrifying to have some crazy person come at you with a Machete...I guess without a concealed carry your stuck with using a chair to defend yourself in this situation, lord knows thats what Id do, chairs, tables water glasses, anything and everything would be hitting the fool.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just some cultural enrichment. There was some unabashed white American privilege going on I imagine that needed to be squashed.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Only had one Tazer? Sounds like one less Somali truck driver to me.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Well, he left... so they didn't get there in time to stop him from doing anything that we know of.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
First , did anyone take notice of the name ? Nazareth Restaurant & Deli .The restaurant specializes in Mid Eastern cuisine . Is it possible to tell if that had something to do with it ? And I wonder what the conversation before hand was about...Will we ever know ?

Jewish-owned restaurant. Attacker was a Muslim man from Somalia.
Obviously no hate crime here.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I live in Ohio and also have a C.C.W. license.As long as there isn't a sign saying
you can't carry a weapon inside the restaurant you can carry.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Maybe, the radio reported his name as Mohammad when I was on my way home today, but his last name didn't sound foreign, more American.

So if this is Islamic related, then he was either home grown radical or new convert.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

What the # is happening?

Clearly there needs to be mandatory background checks, and waiting periods to end knife violence.

This MUST END NOW!.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I don't know much about Somalia. But during the "Blood Diamond" days in Africa, I believe the terror weapon of choice was the Machete.

-dex

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I live in Columbus near where this happened. I've been saying for years that it's only a matter of time. Someone that I know who is in the know said the guy was on terror watch list.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The dude obviously got what was coming to him!

Have to wonder through how do you unsuccessfully fire a taser at someone short of missing the target? Could they not have tried a different taser?

Might have been an idea to take the Man alive so as to determine his reasoning or connection regarding Samalialiun terrorists. Just a thought.

Tasers only work when both probes stick in someone's skin. Thick and or baggy clothing can hinder or stop a taser from working.

As far as I remember anyway.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Has the White House expressed outrage yet?

Was the machete's serial number registered?

Did the Muslim have an open carry license?

These are important questions to pose before Congress.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join