It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden rapid warming of the Earth - 5 million years ago

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

A sudden rise in Global temperature that could not be attributed to Man, and just part of a natural cycle that the Earth experiences.

A sudden rise in Global temperatures, but over how long of a time period, the global warming going on in present day is at a speed of a freight train, the warming back then could have been over a time period of a million years.

Time is the clue...

No it isn't, it warmed much more way faster during the medieval warm period.

That is in recorded human history, way before industrialisation.

The modern warming is not fast, it is nonexistent, unless you are looking at thousandths of a degree.

If you are, what do expect the temps to do after an ice age, stay the same?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I was relating to validity of the science they always used to use when trying to validate their reasons for 'Green' taxation and you know it.

And again, how is the government a determining source of what is or isn't valid in science?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Sargeras

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

And what if we do what they want, and hundreds of millions starve and freeze to death for no reason when they are wrong?

How would that happen exactly?

I guess because no matter what we do, we wouldn't be able to slow down Global warming. So instead of seeing mass migration from certain areas of the World, the people living there will either starve or freeze to death.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i will throw my opinion in :

anthropomorphic climate changes are dawrfed by historic natural climate changes

chew on that

Yes, that's absolutely correct.

However, no one is claiming that anthropomorphic climate change is far more severe than any natural one, but rather, that Anthropomorphic climate change is actually occurring, and we can prevent it.

There is not any technology to replace the world's energy needs period.

Green technology is a joke, it still cannot come close to competing with fossil fuels, even with huge government subsidies.

What's the plan, watch everyone either freeze or starve or some combination of the 2?

Because that is the only way to comply with the greenies demands.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I guess because no matter what we do, we wouldn't be able to slow down Global warming. So instead of seeing mass migration from certain areas of the World, the people living there will either starve or freeze to death.

What are you even talking about? Freezing and starving?

Do you even know the position you're arguing against?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Er. no.

Unless you have some data I am not aware of?

The point about modern warming is that it is the fastest we know of. That said, we obviously did not have satellites and weather stations in the past. So we cannot be entirely sure. But there is no evidence of any faster warming.

link   

There is not any technology to replace the world's energy needs period.

Green technology is a joke, it still cannot come close to competing with fossil fuels, even with huge government subsidies.

So you acknowledge that the climate is changing, your only quarrel is that our current technology isn't substantial enough to switch to.

I'm not quite sure what your position is? Should we not attempt to create better technology?

What's the plan, watch everyone either freeze or starve or some combination of the 2?

Where is this freezing and starving thing coming from?

Because that is the only way to comply with the greenies demands.

What demands, exactly? To be more energy efficient and use renewable resources? Why are those two things bad?

link   
a reply to: Sargeras

It's called innovation. Just because it doesn't exist now, doesn't mean it cannot exist in the future. We just need to stop this stupid argument about if man made climate change is real or not and start focusing on solutions.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

And what if we do what they want, and hundreds of millions starve and freeze to death for no reason when they are wrong?

How do you know this? Also where does freezing to death come from?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: bandersnatch

Not act like gas is the only answer...

What is the consequence of electric cars?

Very poisonous batteries, that strong worse per car, than many regular cars.

Where does that electricity come from again?

Oh, a coal fired power plant you say?

Hhmmmm... Interesting.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

By eliminating fossil fuels, but you knew that already.

If you are going to act inept don't waste your time posting to me.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I'm not sure where freezing comes into play though. Are fossil fuels the only way humans have to warm themselves according to you?

If you are going to act inept don't waste your time posting to me

If you are going to post dumb approximations of how human society will react to things, I'm going to call you on it.
edit on 11-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

If you are going to act inept don't waste your time posting to me.

I too am having a difficult time figuring out how the elimination of fossil fuels results in freezing and starvation. Could you please elaborate on your position?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The temperature gets down real low in desert like areas, just ask the people freezing to death in Syria. But we can ignore all that.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The temperature gets down real low in desert like areas, just ask the people freezing to death in Syria. But we can ignore all that.

So the whole world is going to turn into a desert due to global warming?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
well I think this proves that warming is a natural cycle that us puny humans are powerless to control.we can try to stop global warming but I think we will just be wasting our time and money.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

So the whole world is going to turn into a desert due to global warming?

Again Straw Man tactics, words in mouth and all that.

Certain areas, are you not reading all my posts?

link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

Er. no.

Unless you have some data I am not aware of?

The point about modern warming is that it is the fastest we know of. That said, we obviously did not have satellites and weather stations in the past. So we cannot be entirely sure. But there is no evidence of any faster warming.

These thete out increased by degrees in less than a decade.

They were growing wine grapes in England, which still cannot be done to this day.

web.stanford.edu...

Just for a start.

How can you argue a subject you know nothing about?

link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
well I think this proves that warming is a natural cycle that us puny humans are powerless to control.we can try to stop global warming but I think we will just be wasting our time and money.

Please explain how it proves what you are saying here. Because most people would fail to see the correlation between climate changing naturally in the past having anything to do with preventing humans from changing it in the future.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Again Straw Man tactics, words in mouth and all that.

Certain areas, are you not reading all my posts?

These aren't strawman tactics, we really have no idea what you're talking about. You think you have some understanding of our position, but clearly you have no clue what you're talking about.

Who is talking about starving and freezing to death? Not me, not Krazysh0t, so what are you talking about???

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join