It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So rich going to have to accept less or have it taken from them?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Seems people have decided enough is enough and now either wealthy can put money back in the economy or people will elect people to come and take it? What do you think. I mean it is silly to allow the wealthy to have so much while people working 8 hours a day cannot pay for shelter and food.

You can scream capitalism all you want but fact is there are more people who need more than there are people to defend the rigged capitalism and the 1% will lose when the people decide enough is enough.
edit on 10-2-2016 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
What a nice communist though you got there comrade

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Sounds like we're repeating history all over again.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Call it what you will...it is happening. Turbo tax tells me I am in top 10%. I have worked hard all my life but I see, I see what is happening to my fellow Americans that are working hard and it cannot stand weather I like it or not.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This is the world revolution that the current top 1% elite fear the most.

They have been desperate to create a NWO 'Hunger Games' world since 2001.

Now they have finally run out time and options that give them victory, let alone survival.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Something tells me that a lot of folks would have a bigger problem with the wealthy footing the bill for everyone if they themselves were part of the wealthy. Since they aren't, then they could not care less if a man's (woman's) fortune is taken from him and redistributed among those who did nothing to help him/her gain it.

That's called highway robbery IMO.

Stand and Deliver??

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

And I'm bottom 10% but forced redistribution is the most Comunist thing in the world, and it's not going to happen, rich people dint got rich by standing idle while others took their money

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I'm making it just fine and I'm far from wealthy. Maybe people need to learn how to A. Save
B. Do not go into debt C. Quit spending their income on worthless material de·tri·tus.

Still not enough? Get a second job, boost education level, move to a more lucrative area for your craft...

Or, just live off the system, your call.....

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

And bloody well time. For decades in the US, the top few percent of the economic class has promised over and over "just make it so we don't pay any taxes (relatively speaking), and we will create millions and millions of good, high paying jobs". That was the claim, and the justification for implementation of the Voodoo economic model (borrowing that term from GHWB).

They have failed to live up to the commitment. They have, instead, gathered and hoarded as much personal wealth as they can, without regard to anything else.

So, since they have failed to honor their promise, then yes, some other means must be used to enforce it. Whether they lied and never had any intention of keeping their commitment, or whether it was an "accident of circumstances" doesn't matter. Their approach has failed, and failed miserably. It doesn't matter what anybody thinks of the Voodoo model philosophically, it has failed. Miserably. It's time to try something else.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
LOL. it is a fairy tale.

There are less than 500 billionaires in America. Lets say you could take 1 billion on average from each of them. so you add 500 billion to the treasury. we have 19 trillion in debt and it keeps rising with each set of liberal candidates promises. now most of these Billionaires do not regenerate their billions in a year and especially if the taxes are punitive and confiscatory. they will liquidate or leave.

Now these billionaires are heavy hitters in terms of employment numbers, products, services, and bennies like dental, health insurance and so on. yea sure there are the millionaires; but again they don't have enough to cover much more of it than the billionaires do.

Once they are gone so are the things they do for the economy as a matter of course.

a one time profit revenue of 500 billion isn't pee in the ocean as far as our obligations go. So the down stream folks are certainly going to be taxed to make up for the other 18.5 trillion america owes.

The middle class is shrinking and will do that faster once their taxes are taken. and they aren't enough. The vast majority of us are poor. and even though the poor cannot be bled as much individually collectively there is a lot more blood there than anywhere else. its the difference between a jar of dimes and a swimming pool full of pennies.

This is where envy and covetousness and malice and deceit gets us.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

With all due respect, hogwash. I am highly educated, very highly skilled in an in-demand profession, debt free. My newest vehicle is > 10 years old (and paid for). The cost of everything is going up, and my wages are as stagnant as are most everybody's. I pay my taxes, while the company for which I work is one of those net-zero tax situations, while at the same time enjoying double-digit growth for the last 10 years.

The system is FUBAR and needs to be modified. The alternatives currently under discussion may also not be the really right solution, but it is clear to anybody with two active brain cells that what is in place now is a disaster waiting, and not much longer, to happen.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I have a feeling that the definition of "wealthy" will soon change to anyone with loose change in their pockets.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

And I'm bottom 10% but forced redistribution is the most Comunist thing in the world, and it's not going to happen, rich people dint got rich by standing idle while others took their money

No the very rich got that way by taking advantage of tax loopholes which they themselves coerced the government to give them, and by having legislation removed which would have prevented corruption among them. He who has all the gold, makes all the rules.

The corruption of the 1% has made a mockery of our original form of government which was supposed to be of the people, for the people and by the people. Now our government is of, for and by the 1%.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I mean it is silly to allow the wealthy to have so much while people working 8 hours a day cannot pay for shelter and food.

Not silly to the rich, thats how they got… rich.

As far as hope and change and belief, politicians always say stuff like that. They know the truth, use it to get elected.

Then pretend to go about changing things.

Suckers…

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Poor people always complaining on how hard they work and how the lazy one percenters got rich by being corrupt.

I will believe all that crap if you are a 1%, if you are poor like me you are just perpetuating the propaganda.

I know a few rich people, they got rich by luck, they made a risk move and it paid well, before they were rich they worked 6 days a week 14+ hours and were willing to do all it takes. Rich are corrupt my ass.

Get real people, hard work and big risk still gets you big rewards some times, working for a paycheck 40 hours a week will get you the same paycheck every week

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I assume you are talking about the rise of Bernie Sanders. The other alternative seems to be supporting a billionaire who gamed bankruptcy laws and who uses the power of eminent domain to seize other people's property. America is going off the rails.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I don't mind Social programs that give a hand to people struggling because their pay is below the poverty line or they are unemployed, but straight up redistributing wealth is a no go for me. People should always have the opportunity to succeed and get ahead. That is where innovation comes from.
edit on 10-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Seems like it might happen man. I am not saying what is or is not the best way forward but I can see people struggling and know this cannot stand and they will rise up and force change. You are obviously comfortable while others are not.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I don't mind Social programs that give a hand to people struggling because their pay is below the poverty line or they are unemployed, but straight up redistributing wealth is a no go for me. People should always have the opportunity to succeed and get ahead. That is where innovation comes from.

I do not disagree, am just pointing out the obvious change that is happening. It IS happening weather capitalism is the best way forward or not, it is going to be modified by the people to more equitably distribute wealth.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I assume you are talking about the rise of Bernie Sanders. The other alternative seems to be supporting a billionaire who gamed bankruptcy laws and who uses the power of eminent domain to seize other people's property. America is going off the rails.

Donald is not exactly what you think he is. You heard it here first. He will do what is best for America wether it is conservative or not. He is not an ideology that has to stick to a particular point of view. He is free to do what is right. If he will or not is the question.
edit on 10-2-2016 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join