It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cliven Bundy Is On His Way To Oregon And He’s Not Going Alone

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

I also didn't care for the way the media misrepresented Mr. Finicum, which probably contributed to his being shot to death.

Oh please just don't, don't make asinine statements like that.
The only thing that contributed to his death beyond the fact that LEOs have a license to kill in this country is the stupid smack talk about revolution while using force of arms to squat on federal property, plus the really ignorant behavior at the road blocks.

No he did that to himself.

K~

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Here's the thing, get involved in what, an entitled idiots whine fest.
With all the issues facing America some pissed off peckerwood & his greedy desire to continue his national dine & dash just isn't what people are concerned with.

If anything the radio broadcast allowed America to really learn just how irrational these people are.

Hell we got billionaires buying elections, politicians selling us to private corrections & if that ain't enough they be poisoning entire cities at the rich mans directions.

& America is supposed to be concerned with some fanatics crying about their cows.
Damn?

K~

We also have ranchers and miners getting squeezed by the BLM's corruption and dirty tactics. A bunch of people just went to prison in the process of protesting it. Forget about the Bundy's freeloading for a minute. The Hammonds were sentenced to prison terms under a terrorism law that, as far as I can tell, they shouldn't have even been charged with in the first place. This is only one of many stories of real, regular people being abused by the BLM's dirty and corrupt tactics. It's not just a bunch of freeloading ranchers who have been hurt here. The instances that have come to light were only those that could be told. You can bet there are more.

I agree that privatized prisons and dirty politicians are serious concerns as well. That does not make public land use by individuals being curtailed in favor of ushering in big business interests any less important of an issue. There are actually non "peckerwood" people being affected by this issue as well. This is no more my issue than any other injustice being carried out, but it is an injustice.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I also didn't care for the way the media misrepresented Mr. Finicum, which probably contributed to his being shot to death.

Oh please just don't, don't make asinine statements like that.
The only thing that contributed to his death beyond the fact that LEOs have a license to kill in this country is the stupid smack talk about revolution while using force of arms to squat on federal property, plus the really ignorant behavior at the road blocks.

No he did that to himself.

K~

You should take another look at that. His vows of 'never being taken alive' were classic media misrepresentation. Find me the direct quote or video where he actually says any of that stuff. You can't, because it doesn't exist. I did a thread on it. Here:
Finicum did not have a death wish. Mainstream media distorted the facts.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

You should take another look at that. His vows of 'never being taken alive' were classic media misrepresentation. Find me the direct quote or video where he actually says any of that stuff. You can't,

Just listen to the moran(sic) himself.
2:00-3:00+ minute mark sure the reporter is pressing for a direct answer but numbnuts is clear in his obfuscation.

I'm not going to bother going through the rest of his rambling vids but this one should do unless you're in complete denial.
www.msnbc.com...

K~

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CommandoJoe

Not only has Cliven Bundy been arrested - he's asked for a public defender!

And so the rebellion ends with an ironic whimper.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

You should take another look at that. His vows of 'never being taken alive' were classic media misrepresentation. Find me the direct quote or video where he actually says any of that stuff. You can't,

Just listen to the moran(sic) himself.
2:00-3:00+ minute mark sure the reporter is pressing for a direct answer but numbnuts is clear in his obfuscation.

I'm not going to bother going through the rest of his rambling vids but this one should do unless you're in complete denial.
www.msnbc.com...

K~

Okay, but that's not a direct quote of him saying he'll 'never be taken alive', making threats, or anything like that. That interview consists entirely of the reporter putting words into his mouth and jumping through hoops to try and get Mr. Finicum to say something provocative. Finicum even clearly states at the end of the interview that he has no death wish, despite the interviewer's leading. Unless they clipped that part off in the version you linked. The original was seven minutes and thirty seconds long. I noticed the one you linked is only just over seven minutes. Watch that video again, and pay closer attention. If you can't recognize the fact that the reporter is leading the subject and putting words into his mouth, then you're the one in denial.

I did a whole thread on it. Plenty of other examples are given there where the interviewer gives Mr. Finicum the chance to make threats or issue challenges. Every time, Mr. Finicum refuses to take the bait. He had no death wish, and clearly stated so every time the subject came up. Look, if you want to be a tool of the media that's your business. I just thought I should do my civic duty to try and inform you as to the actual truth of the narrative. You will decide for yourself what to believe, of course.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie

a reply to: theantediluvian

Bags of dildos & lube is how America answered them, so I guess America told them to "Go 5757575 themselves"
Nothing silent about that nor cryptic as to what the "majority" thought of these clowns.
I thought that spoke loudly & clearly.

K~

Wow. A few haters sent them dildos and lube...well, oviously, then, the majority has spoken. I love how some of the posters here have been highlighting that as if to say: "Well that settles it, then!"

Gee I'm sorry I must have missed the outcry on social media to create a #MLM movement.
Other than the usual suspects no one in America seems overly concerned with the death of an armed religious nut that resisted arrest after engaging in terrorist activities.

Point in fact social media tore these loons a new one, so no, no secret silent majority is suddenly going to rise up & join your cause.

America has spoken.

K~

So it is social media by which we will be governed henceforth?
Your slander of Lavoy Finicum is despicable. You have been misinformed. LaVoy participated in peaceful civil disobedience. He never pointed a gun at anyone, nor did any of the other protesters. It was the government agents who shed blood. It was the government who disrupted the normal activities of the town when, instead of sending a half dozen negotiators to talk through these issues, they sent 200 men and tanks, taking over the county courthouse and the old school building.
The protesters were 30 miles away. If anyone wanted to talk with them they were welcomed, not met with pointed weapons and concrete barriers. The protesters came to town to eat in the restaurants are were quite good tippers according to several locals. They bought food at the grocery stores and were very courteous and paid cash. The people they were said to have "intimidated" are nowhere to be found.
Seems it wasn't the citizens of Harney County and Burns that were intimidated. It was the elected officials.
People in Harney County are used to seeing guns, used to seeing men with guns. They don't go all weak-kneed when they see an armed man or woman.

The people who were civilly disobedient were peaceful. That was their stated intent. They remained so. Even when fired upon, they remained peaceful. FBIs said there were weapons in the truck which was fired upon and yet they didn't take up those arms against their government. The government spilled innocent blood via those men laying in wait at the roadblock.

Those agents were only following orders handed down from above.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek
I hate it when people just randomly post videos without having actually listened to what was being said.
His words are perfectly self-explanatory if you actually listen to him instead that of insipid young man. He's not speaking in any kind of secret code or Madison Ave. ad style. He speaks plainly and from the heart, something you don't often see on the screen these days.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Peaceful people don't arm themselves and take over a federal building. Peaceful people don't stay when locals ask them to leave. Peaceful people don't set up snipers and run patrols around their encampment advising law enforcement not to enter. And let me ask a question what do you think lavoy meant when he said this??
"There are things more important than your life and freedom is one of them," he said. "I'm prepared to defend freedom."

Where I come from that's called a thrwat . He told them he's willing to die if it comes to it. You can claim all you like he was to stupid and the interviewer forced him to say this. But I'd argue he chose his words very carefully to convey a message and this isn't something the interviewer tricked him into saying. You have a bunch of people that tried to use a cause to push their agenda and used the threat of confrontation to do it. You may be right he didn't intend to die but his actions and carefully chosen language says otherwise. Even before this road block you can see in the interview he knew things were getting serious and instead of treating it that way chose to push off everything on the FBI.

I strongly suggest you look at the vice segment on the takeover you'll learn a lot about the mindset of this group. Their biggest mistake not realizing their actions was going to have consequences now they are all in jail by the time its done the millions in fines will have to be paid and they will lose their ranch and become a fort note in history. And if you want to see threats made look into their first standoff with the feds over cattle. They directly threaten to use force to the extent the feds back down for fear it would create a blood bath. That incident gave them a false sense of security here.
edit on 2/13/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yet they ran the PPN off when they showed up. You know, the serious crew that rolled in on about the 10th to "provide security and help de-escalate the situation"? You know, the guys who would have probably actually secured the occupiers? You know, the guys who might well have shot the crap out of the feds when they attempted their roadside 'enforcement action'? Wonder why those supposedly hellbent occupiers sent the serious players on their way with a "thanks but no thanks" when they showed up, hmmm? I'm curious to see what response you will invent to downplay this reality of the way these peaceful, though armed, civil disobedients operated. If they were trying to start a damn revolution, why'd they send their army away?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I've heard a lot of men say that. Lots of them have served our country in the military. I go to the range with them all the time. I'm not the least bit frightened of them and neither are the LEOs who shoot with us.
What good is your life if it isn't free?
I wasn't raised to have some government bureaucrat tell me what to eat, when to eat it, what to drink and how much of it I can buy in a cup or how much sleep I need. I was raised to use my God-given abilities to grow and learn and take care of myself and my family. I don't think any government body can write some words on a paper and force me to buy a product of which I have no need. I pay fines for that belief. It's my protest. At this time, it's only a fine if I refuse to pay a corporation thousands of dollars of my money for a service of which I have no need. I go to my doctor, he treats me, I pay him. We both go away happy. No middle man. That relationship has worked quite well for me and it's not one I wish to disrupt by inserting a middleman. My docs don't have to fill out reams of paperwork due to having seen me and don't have to wait months for their money. We're cool. Why isn't the government cool with it? I don't need an insurance company or the government poking their nose in my health care. Telling me I need a pap smear twenty-five years after my uterus was removed. That's just crazy stuff.
At present, it's only a fine. How long before that changes?

While I admire your ability to read minds, especially LaVoy's, I tend to take a man's words as they are spoken. He was plain spoken, a rare quality among men today. I believe his agenda was liberty. Indeed the group was pursuing liberty, freedom with moral restraint. It was their moral convictions that kept them from firing those guns. Not any law that any man had written. Can you not understand that? A moral stand. And they kept their word.
Now their battle has moved to the next battleground, the courtroom. We will see about the quality of justice in the US as they fight this battle.
If there's a video you want me to see, post a link. I've been trying to review as many as possible but really, there's no way to see them all. If you think it's important I'll give it a look.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Yet they ran the PPN off when they showed up. You know, the serious crew that rolled in on about the 10th to "provide security and help de-escalate the situation"? You know, the guys who would have probably actually secured the occupiers? You know, the guys who might well have shot the crap out of the feds when they attempted their roadside 'enforcement action'? Wonder why those supposedly hellbent occupiers sent the serious players on their way with a "thanks but no thanks" when they showed up, hmmm? I'm curious to see what response you will invent to downplay this reality of the way these peaceful, though armed, civil disobedients operated. If they were trying to start a damn revolution, why'd they send their army away?

You mean the whackdoodles that even the Bundys didn't want anywhere near them? The ones who turned up armed to the teeth, without warning? The ones who want the arrest of the FBI agents and the resignation of the local judge? The ones who think that Finicum is a martyr? Those whackdoodles?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Did they? Then how do you explain the threats made by the hold outs?? And the call to arms posted on the net??

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

You addressed none of the points I made instead created a straw man argument about people you go to the range with. I personally don't care if you go shooting with mickey mouse it has nothing to do with the statements I made what to try again??

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

You mean the whackdoodles that even the Bundys didn't want anywhere near them? The ones who turned up armed to the teeth, without warning? The ones who want the arrest of the FBI agents and the resignation of the local judge? The ones who think that Finicum is a martyr? Those whackdoodles?

You forgot they claim to want to follow the constitution yet throw it out the window when it comes to them their special. The constitution has built in procedures or safeguards in place if you will. One of them is being started now its called the convention of states.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Yes. The PPN fellows. That is obviously who I'm referring to, as clearly stated in the post that you quoted. You would think that if the MNWR occupiers were really out for blood, they would have welcomed in the guys who would have most likely spilled the blood when the time came, instead of going on peacefully like they did.

I think I should point out to you at this time that calling someone a "whackdoodle" doesn't really make for a very convincing or substantive argument. I mean hey, argue however you want. Just don't expect to convince me of anything with that kind of stuff, except that your arguments are lacking in substance.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

a reply to: AngryCymraeg

There's probably actually a lot that we'd all agree on in regards to this occupation. Poorly planned and executed, for instance. If you take your rifle to your next peaceful protest, it's probably gonna send the wrong message. Might not turn out so well for you at the end of the day.

On the other hand, if these guys hadn't raised as big a stink as they had, we damn sure wouldn't be talking about it. If they had just sat down in front of the courthouse or the refuge and refused to leave, they would have received their fair share of abuse like the rest of us and been sent on their way. We'd be like, what you mean land use?

Poorly planned and executed, if they actually meant to stay there for years. These guys were determined to be peaceful, despite the fact that they were armed. You're not gonna pull off something like they said they were trying to do without getting mean along the way.

They probably didn't get as much support or positive attention as they hoped they would. Dildos, etc. I also noticed the social media treatment they got was mostly negative. I thought part of that was mob mentality, which seems to be a big part of social media sites. It's like, a couple guys talk smack and then everyone else decides to pile on, just going along with the herd mentality. Social media whipped up the mob against these guys, in my opinion. They were easy targets too, I agree. 'Well we're just gonna roll up in there and take this refuge over for years...supplies? Support? Nah, no worries, God will provide.' A little short sighted, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Yet they ran the PPN off when they showed up.

Well, some people were too crazy for the crazies illegally occupying the sanctuary to keep around!

You know, the guys who might well have shot the crap out of the feds when they attempted their roadside 'enforcement action'?

So more gun nutters wanting to shoot police for doing their job.

Wonder why those supposedly hellbent occupiers sent the serious players on their way with a "thanks but no thanks" when they showed up,

As I said, they were just too crazy for the crazies occupying the place.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I also noticed the social media treatment they got was mostly negative.

Why did you expect it to be positive?

I thought part of that was mob mentality,

That is what you had occupying the sanctuary, a mindless mob.

It's like, a couple guys talk smack and then everyone else decides to pile on, just going along with the herd mentality.

Like the nutters occupying the sanctuary!

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oh are we still talking about these morans(sic),,,

K~

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join