It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cliven Bundy Is On His Way To Oregon And He’s Not Going Alone

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

The letter of the constitution is clearly on the side of the case the Bundy's are making. SCOTUS decisions may have attempted to invalidate that, but the wording is fairly clear as it is written. Kris Anne Hall put it best in this video I think:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: autopat51
a reply to: MrSpad
i think at the core their gripes are sound.
but i agree, they have gone about this bass ackwards.

Almost (???) as though someone wants it that way... what better way to discredit the legitimate gripes and issues than by putting a huge media (and law enforcement) spotlight on a bass ackwards movement? What better way to legitimize their abuse of force and power by creating a ragtag band of militiamen to battle for the public safety?

Well, you see, if a movement is truly a grassroots movement it will be composed of a ragtag band of some sort. Most of us don't have the funds to hire slick spokespersons and attorneys to fight for us and speak in dulcet tones to the media. Add to that the problem of the general ignorance of members of the media---I heard countless times during interviews from reporters, "I haven't studied the Constitution. Could you explain that?" I heard them asking questions that I could have explained to them after my seventh-grade civics class. At first I thought this might be "willful ignorance" but after a while I realized that it isn't. Sad.
Despite what many attorneys and professors would have us believe the Constitution isn't a complicated document and the correspondence between the authors about the various aspects of it explain quite clearly their intentions. It was written with the common man in mind, not the university educated---primarily because there was a dearth of universities at the time. There was a time in this country that you didn't get a high school diploma without passing a test that included the Constitution. Perhaps we need a return to that sort of education.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Bags of dildos & lube is how America answered them, so I guess America told them to "Go 5757575 themselves"
Nothing silent about that nor cryptic as to what the "majority" thought of these clowns.
I thought that spoke loudly & clearly.

K~

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

They apparently didn't get the message.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

Bags of dildos & lube is how America answered them, so I guess America told them to "Go 5757575 themselves"
Nothing silent about that nor cryptic as to what the "majority" thought of these clowns.

K~

Wow. A few haters sent them dildos and lube...well, oviously, then, the majority has spoken. I love how some of the posters here have been highlighting that as if to say: "Well that settles it, then!"
edit on 10-2-2016 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

They apparently didn't get the message.

They haven't been helping their cause at all with this stunt they are now just seen as agitators at best. Even Clive bundie didn't think it was a good idea but they didn't listen to dad.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie

K~

Wow. A few haters sent them dildos and lube...well, oviously, then, the majority has spoken. I love how some of the posters here have been highlighting that as if to say: "Well that settles it, then!"

Gee I'm sorry I must have missed the outcry on social media to create a #MLM movement.
Other than the usual suspects no one in America seems overly concerned with the death of an armed religious nut that resisted arrest after engaging in terrorist activities.

Point in fact social media tore these loons a new one, so no, no secret silent majority is suddenly going to rise up & join your cause.

America has spoken.

K~

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Secret, silent majority? No, I totally agree...the fact that some people sent them some dildos and lube totally supports your claim that the majority has spoken.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Big drama happening right now.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Woah! Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Cliven Bundy has just been arrested by the FBI upon arrival at the Portland airport...

Here's a link to the county jail - just search Bundy in the last name...

County jail

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
No charges as of yet, just a US Marshal hold - same as his sons...

edit on 11-2-2016 by CommandoJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CommandoJoe
In reference to the thread title; was he arrested with others?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: CommandoJoe
In reference to the thread title; was he arrested with others?

Apparently they have lost all patients with the oath keepers. They are charging him for his standoff with the feds in 2014.
www.oregonlive.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
Yes.

A good opportunity should not be wasted.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't know, I just heard it reported on the local radio... They didn't say anything more than the article posted by dragonridr .

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
All of this foot stomping and teeth gnashing regarding the purported unconstitutionality of federal land ownership is ridiculous.

In 2007, the Congressional Research Service released a comprehensive report titled Federal Land Ownership: Constitutional Authority and
the History of Acquisition, Disposal, and Retention
for members of Congress. Their findings were unambiguous:

The U.S. Constitution addresses the relationship of the federal government to lands. Article IV, § 3, Clause 2 — the Property Clause — gives Congress authority over federal property generally, and the Supreme Court has described Congress’s power to legislate under this Clause as “without limitation.”

Congress set national policy on the future of Federal lands in 1976.

40 Section 102(a) of FLPMA states: “The Congress declares that it is the policy of the United States that — (1) the public lands be retained in Federal ownership, unless as a result of the land use planning procedure provided for in this Act, it is determined that disposal of a particular parcel will serve the national interest.”

If it is so obviously unconstitutional, don't you think many states, backed by deep-pocketed corporations wouldn't already have lawsuits filed, that are working their way to the U. S. Supreme court?

Even if the judicial understanding of the property clause were to modify toward a more sovereign state friendly posture, how does that equate to "turning the land over to counties and local ranchers"?

These Bundy-centric demands are moronic. Petition your Senators and House Representatives if you don't like their stewardship of a particular parcel of federal land. I don't think riding in on your horse and illegally squatting on a US Wildlife refuge will ever change anything.
The reason its obviously unconstitutional because Jefferson admitted that while he made the Louisiana purchase. He said he would "loosely interpret" the constitution for the purchase. The US government should just stick to Washington D.C. as was the original plan.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

K~

Though to be honest, I think I have to agree with you. It's not as though half the country drove out there and got involved or something.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBadCabbie

K~

Gee I'm sorry I must have missed the outcry on social media to create a #MLM movement.
Other than the usual suspects no one in America seems overly concerned with the death of an armed religious nut that resisted arrest after engaging in terrorist activities.

Point in fact social media tore these loons a new one, so no, no secret silent majority is suddenly going to rise up & join your cause.

America has spoken.

K~

As to my comment to diggindirt about the readers who will not comment, don't think that I'm trying to imply that they feel one way or another about this issue. I wouldn't know. I was simply pointing out that he shouldn't sell himself short because there are a lot of people who will read the topic without commenting at all.

You never know...there could be fallout from this event in the future, perhaps even something big. I wouldn't know either way, but you never know.

Plus it's not "my cause", though I am concerned about BLM corruption and abuse of power. I also didn't care for the way the media misrepresented Mr. Finicum, which probably contributed to his being shot to death.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie
Here's the thing, get involved in what, an entitled idiots whine fest.
With all the issues facing America some pissed off peckerwood & his greedy desire to continue his national dine & dash just isn't what people are concerned with.

If anything the radio broadcast allowed America to really learn just how irrational these people are.

Hell we got billionaires buying elections, politicians selling us to private corrections & if that ain't enough they be poisoning entire cities at the rich mans directions.

& America is supposed to be concerned with some fanatics crying about their cows.
Damn?

K~

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join