It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My proposed solution on How to eliminate crime

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
DNA technology is not that advanced, you make it appear like it's all done and known. I choose to believe the mind is the cause for actions, not DNA. The latter leads to eugenetics.

Sure technology can help a whole lot. But there just isn't enough information yet. People would need implants in order to measure and collect hormonal levels and there are many different types of hormones alone besides all the other processes in the human body. Just thinking of the global electrical bill makes me wonder if it will be possible at all.

Even though there is no real DNA evidence or any other physical evidence, there is psychiatry. They can simply say all kinds of things in a court of law without proof and then have the patient in question committed (effectively imprisoned) and drugged up so he'll be less of a problem in society. Some also have even heavier methods like ECT. It's not inconceivable criminal behavior will be deemed a mental illness and people will get rounded up.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

You realize that you and every other member of ATS will be on the most likely to commit a crime list because we're awake and talking about the conspiracies...That's why this idea will never work. To the Federal Government we are not the sheep therefore we ARE the enemy.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
wow. you should get a job at the NSA or FBI.... crist almighty man, where have you been? your little idea is where society is headed and its a huge focus of discussion all around the world...

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979
DNA technology is not that advanced, you make it appear like it's all done and known. I choose to believe the mind is the cause for actions, not DNA. The latter leads to eugenetics.

Sure technology can help a whole lot. But there just isn't enough information yet. People would need implants in order to measure and collect hormonal levels and there are many different types of hormones alone besides all the other processes in the human body. Just thinking of the global electrical bill makes me wonder if it will be possible at all.

Even though there is no real DNA evidence or any other physical evidence, there is psychiatry. They can simply say all kinds of things in a court of law without proof and then have the patient in question committed (effectively imprisoned) and drugged up so he'll be less of a problem in society. Some also have even heavier methods like ECT. It's not inconceivable criminal behavior will be deemed a mental illness and people will get rounded up.

The whole point of profiling is use multiple criteria for evaluation.

DNA alone won't cut it. Many other factors must be considered.

And no one is tried or arrested until *after* they have committed a crime.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Why not be proactive?

Lets take embryonic DNA samples run some algorithms and abort those that fall below the threshold of what we feel is acceptable.

Ahh , cant wait for that Utopia

You want to stop crime. Get rid of corruption in Congress, so the actual issues are brought to the forefront and dealt with appropriately. The world is screwed up because of conflict of interest among those that have the power to make regulations and dictate our life.

edit on 57229America/ChicagoTue, 09 Feb 2016 22:57:17 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

You realize that you and every other member of ATS will be on the most likely to commit a crime list because we're awake and talking about the conspiracies...That's why this idea will never work. To the Federal Government we are not the sheep therefore we ARE the enemy.

Very unlikely.

I bet if we made a statistics of all ATS members, very few would have committed a crime or worked against the gov't.

The computer will flag this instance as low or negligible threat.

The system will base on statistics, not how you think.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

You want to stop crime. Get rid of corruption in Congress, so the actual issues are brought to the forefront and dealt with appropriately. The world is screwed up because of conflict of interest among those that have the power to make regulations and dictate our life.

The solution to that is a new voting system.

Under my proposed system which gathers extensive profiling of every person, it could also be instructed to select the most suitable candidates for leadership - even without political background.

Of course, this requires extensive automation of the political system to make it easy for selected leaders with no political background.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS 1) profiting from the development and implementation of the system and 2) that you are clearly identified as a politically and socially correct individual and that you're a member of one of the protected classes! If you're female, you WIN!

If you don't like social and political correctness, then why are you concerned about women gaining favor in this system?

You are contradicting yourself.

This system will have no room for social and political correctness because it will evaluate based on multiple criteria in criminal statistics. It will have no exceptions.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

Very unlikely.

I bet if we made a statistics of all ATS members, very few would have committed a crime or worked against the gov't.

The computer will flag this instance as low or negligible threat.

The system will base on statistics, not how you think.

But to be truly predictive, it needs to identify possible threats. Government sees insurgency and insurrection as the biggest threats. by Questioning the official narrative and main stream propaganda, we fit that profile of possible threats. We might not be arrested or be on the critical watch list, but it's only a small step towards a KGB model and Minority Report, except with false positives and no ESP.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

But to be truly predictive, it needs to identify possible threats. Government sees insurgency and insurrection as the biggest threats. by Questioning the official narrative and main stream propaganda, we fit that profile of possible threats. We might not be arrested or be on the critical watch list, but it's only a small step towards a KGB model and Minority Report, except with false positives and no ESP.

People like ourselves are predominantly non-violent and non-abusive.

Thus, we would likely be flagged as low/non threat by the automated profiling system.

It will NOT automatically classify potential threats/negative propaganda to the government as threats to itself.

I'm thinking of designing it with Artificial Intelligence in mind to make it very difficult, if not, impossible to tamper with, using recursive and fractal logic residing in the internet itself. A such, it will consider itself as an independent entity from the government to prevent manipulation. The only way someone with ill motives can do is try to "kill" it and restore the old political system that is prone to corruption and the rest is history.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
No, no, and no again.

You gotta remember that most of the criminals who get caught are low level, you know, small time drug dealers, domestic violence, gang members caught for killing someone, burglars, etc etc.

The real criminals tend not to get caught so often.

I'm talking about people who, say, traffic contraband. These people operate with certain systems in place, involving high level communications security (you guys ever even heard of steganography?) and corruption in the right places. And then you've got human trafficking, did you know that the US has one of the highest levels in the world for the trafficking of (mostly underage) sex workers?

So, if you go after the obvious criminals, all you're doing is taking away a small part of the problem. And what if somebody who gets caught for a white collar crime, like securities fraud, what happens to them? Are they no longer permitted to own a firearm even though they didn't commit a violent crime?

Most higher level criminals generally won't even work with someone with a significant criminal record for many things beyond street selling and soldier work. These guys don't have mugshots or their prints on file.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that if you get the violent ones off the street then crime will stop.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Studies show that mentally insane people are less likely to shoot another person when they own a gun. So, if we are going by what evidence we have, let us issue weapons to the mentally insane.

Okay yes I'm being somewhat sarcastic. Statistics can be manipulated. But still, there are no studies to show the mentally insane should be denied firearms. If we are going by studies then felons and a number of others should probably be carrying firearms. I'd bet good money non-violent felons are plenty safe with firearms because if there is no victim then there is no crime, and they never belonged in jail in the first place. Dangerous people belong in jail, not drug dealers who are not shown to be any dangerous than the population at large.

Statistics SHOULD determine policy because its much better than the current state of affairs where politicians base it on guesses and sob stories.

That said, I don't trust the government to implement this in a way that would properly profile me as the lowest risk possible. If you looked at my post history you might think I'm a militia member who hates cops. That would be totally wrong and opposite of what I believe.

I'm contemplating pacifism at the moment, but the FBI probably has me profiled as a potential terrorist because they are so incompetent it hurts my head to think about. Of course to them, the FBI, terrorists are people who will always work to defend them self even when the attacker is a government employee. To the police "one of their own" means a cop, not a member of their community. To me "one of our own" is all of my neighbors, even the ones I dislike.
edit on 11-2-2016 by centarix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

> Make exhaustive personality profiling of every person based on personal data, criminal records, and if possible, activities on the internet and even genetics.

Well, genetics doesn't always determine behavior, it determines POTENTIAL for behavior, so that's a really bad idea.

> Develop a computer program to analyze and predict personality behavior on each individual on a wide variety of situations based on such data.

Computer programs are only as good as the data we have about behavior and the programmers that make them.

Besides, this idea would put a lot of politicians in jail. So it wouldn't get passed in the first place.

Why not just enforce the current laws we have? We have lots of laws which cover problems we have today, like corruption, bribery (Hillary), but they aren't being enforced.

edit on 13-2-2016 by bulrush because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bulrush
Computer programs are only as good as the data we have about behavior and the programmers that make them.

Besides, this idea would put a lot of politicians in jail. So it wouldn't get passed in the first place.

Why not just enforce the current laws we have? We have lots of laws which cover problems we have today, like corruption, bribery (Hillary), but they aren't being enforced.

Clever ideas! It's really hard to say.

But the same could be said about the internet in laying bare corruption. The politicians could have pulled the plug on the internet but they couldn't....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join