It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My proposed solution on How to eliminate crime

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020
...Develop a computer program to analyze and predict personality behavior on each individual on a wide variety of situations based on such data.

Using a stringent scoring system......

....To award lethal weapons to those who will be deemed least probable to commit crime as well as personal surveillance systems.

These people will also receive advanced training in weapons handling and hand-to-hand combat.

---however---

These people are not full time police officers. They are simply armed professors, students, waitresses, secretaries, father, mother, doctors, nurses...ready to step into action or simply defend themselves from perpetrators of crime.

I think the kind of docile sheep you'd arm under this system (i) would very quickly find themselves disarmed and beaten to within an inch of their life by the first thug they encounter, and (ii) certainly wouldn't include any "professors... doctors... nurses" etc.

The traits that make people successful tend to be exactly the traits you're labelling as bad. The difference is that they've channeled those traits to a positive purpose. Mostly.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020...

My proposal is a low cost but effective solution to expanding the arm of the law - simply arm some well-deserved civilians.

You could add an Amendment to your Constitution, perhaps. Make it a law that anyone who hasn't been convicted of a felony has a right to keep and bear arms? I think that might essentially meet your criteria.

It's a bit of a wacky and "far out" suggestion, I know. Like you said - time to be radical!

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

...Develop a computer program to analyze and predict personality behavior on each individual on a wide variety of situations based on such data.

....To award lethal weapons to those who will be deemed least probable to commit crime as well as personal surveillance systems.

These people will also receive advanced training in weapons handling and hand-to-hand combat.

---however---

These people are not full time police officers. They are simply armed professors, students, waitresses, secretaries, father, mother, doctors, nurses...ready to step into action or simply defend themselves from perpetrators of crime.

I think the kind of docile sheep you'd arm under this system (i) would very quickly find themselves disarmed and beaten to within an inch of their life by the first thug they encounter, and (ii) certainly wouldn't include any "professors... doctors... nurses" etc.

The traits that make people successful tend to be exactly the traits you're labelling as bad. The difference is that they've channeled those traits to a positive purpose. Mostly.

I actually wrote in my OP, the selected people will receive advanced training in guns and hand-to-hand combat.

You maybe wrong.

Even a docile sheep can be turned mad if pushed enough. Let's have a few more headlines crimes until they say enough is enough!

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: johndeere2020...

My proposal is a low cost but effective solution to expanding the arm of the law - simply arm some well-deserved civilians.

You could add an Amendment to your Constitution, perhaps. Make it a law that anyone who hasn't been convicted of a felony has a right to keep and bear arms? I think that might essentially meet your criteria.

It's a bit of a wacky and "far out" suggestion, I know. Like you said - time to be radical!

The system will wsearch massive computational resources to decide the eligible...

So no, I don't have a clear idea who will be selected. This is something a man is not capable of deciding, only a computer can, especially with the trillions of data points involved or more.

Otherwise, thanks for your input!
edit on 8-2-2016 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

If you don't think our world is already horrible:

Parts of the world are horrible. I live in a nice part.

Tackling crime can be done in better ways than assuming someone may be a criminal through profiling. I guess you are American, so removal of guns from society would be good place to start, coupled with a change to the way the police operate. Sorting out the horrendous penal system where criminals are made worse during their incarceration would also be a good step.

If you have the will, crime can be reduced by conventional means, good policing and crime prevention. As society evolves, crime tends to fall. The level of crime today in the developed world (yes, including the US) is lower than it was a couple of decades ago.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
There's not much crime in North Korea, sounds like your utopia

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

To publish the statistical analysis publicly to demonstrate some transparency of the system and also to demonstrate its accuracy as compared to real life data.

Rank persons from least probable to commit crime to most probable.

Using a stringent scoring system.

Nothing to stop the Govt of the day basing criminality on ideas deemed subversive or not in line with the Regime of the day.
You do realize rankings and scoring systems are subjective and again open to whatever the Govt sees fit to place emphasis on.
If you look at how inflation figures published are manipulated at times - ie certain items are included 1 year and not the next you would have less trust in any Govt to remain objective.

I really dont think you've thought this through.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
All crime is committed by the living so the only solution is the remove the living to ensure that crime cannot be committed.

Yours

Judge Death.

Ummm...Judge death or "Judge Dred"...wasn't that the opening line to "The Matrix"...or was it "Skynet" speaking through AHHHnold the terminator...?
It's hard to keep all of these megalomaniacal enslavement memes in some proper semblance of pertinence...

And all before I've had my GMO toasties...washed down with some recycled body waste water of course...

YouSir
edit on 8-2-2016 by YouSir because: it was a capital idea...

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Stop criminalizing social deviancy and stick to ACTUAL crimes and watch the criminals evaporate overnight.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Very interesting OP. Give absolute power to a selected few and their minions. The coruption would be minimal at first... some 'mistakes' would occur that accidentally placed upstanding citizens on the list, but it would become evident that the data was biased for politically or financially motivated reasons. It would be argued that the system is highly successful and that mistakes were minimal. A subculture would be created and many would go underground, and both sides would easily be able to define the enemy. It would be touted as a battle between good and evil, but it would be more of a Robin hood type situation where the disinfranchised would be joined by moral crusaders looking to combat a corrupt system.

I don't think it would work, and I fear that I would find myself on the wrong side for one reason or another.
edit on 8-2-2016 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

.....continued..

So why not keep a close eye on those calculated to have most probable chance of committing crime?

That would stifle more liberties off of some people and may be offensive to some.

Giving "teeth" to those who are calculated to handle power responsibly would provide swift justice to those who would consider breaking the law.

People who would fall below the "score" would be ineligible to legally own guns for example..... It's a very wise thing to do!

It would be an extremely foolish, wrong-headed, totalitarian, liberty-stripping, assumption-laced, anti-American thing to do. Here's why:

Predictive modeling, which is what you're talking about, even at the extremes of the "score range" doesn't even get reasonably close to 100% accuracy. For the algorithms necessary for what you're discussing, you'd be lucky if the "best" scoring category contained less than 10% "bads", and the worst scores would likewise contain a huge amount of "goods."

Even with a hyper accurate model, much more accurate than anything in existence today, the only way to reduce the number of wrong predictions would be to drastically reduce the included/excluded populations. There would still be failures. The only way to avoid them would be to have factors which predicted outcomes with 100% accuracy. These don't exist in human behavior.

Something to ponder: the greatest predictive models for complex systems in existence today are far less encompassing than trying to predict human behavior in general: credit scores and weather forecasting. Both have helpful, yet ABYSMAL records - not even close to good enough to use to restrict gun rights or encourage training and arming of deadly force.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The biggest way to reduce crime is to reign in the white collar criminals and improve standard of living so that poverty no longer exists. Do this and crime will be so rare it'd be damn near laughable.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Make exhaustive personality profiling of every person based on personal data, criminal records, and if possible, activities on the internet and even genetics.

Develop a computer program to analyze and predict personality behavior on each individual on a wide variety of situations based on such data.

To publish the statistical analysis publicly to demonstrate some transparency of the system and also to demonstrate its accuracy as compared to real life data.

Rank persons from least probable to commit crime to most probable.

---however---

Where did I get this idea???

Innocent people always take the heat..... Bad people are the ones who gain the upper hand in our world. Radical problems require radical solutions. Let us thrust the might into those who know no evil!

Of course, this is voluntary, one could refuse the issuing of weapons and special training in weapons handling, and hand-to-hand combat.

Well, to do what you suggest we need to start at a new level to be accurate on who really has a genuine criminal mind. That would mean redefining what constitutes a criminal action and enforcing it for a few generations and then uncriminalizing them.

Behaviors such as keeping other adult citizens ostracized from the workforce, paying them wages not comparable to the cost of living, walking past a homeless person and not giving them compassionate encouragement that it will get better or offering help, and not giving on the job training with pay, criminal acts. We can start criminalizing high school, middle school and elementary school teachers and their administration for not teaching the kids skills that make them ready for the workforce once graduating high school. Adding to that we can criminalize those that take another's life even in self defense due to their electing not to immobilize them or talk them out of it instead. We can tag on to that anyone making over 500, 000.00 a criminal, anyone who owns more than 2 houses a criminal, criminalizing selling houses for more than 250, 000.00, we can criminalize flashy or expensive cars, make it a crime to not teach we are one human family in school, along with publicly bragging about how great and special one thinks their family is, or they are, a crime, and so on. There's more.

Then let a few generations go by, then remove them, then implent proposal in OP.
edit on 8-2-2016 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Although I don't realistically expect you to actually post it here I am curious to know your age and source of education. My first reaction is that you are a melinial educated by the current governmental indoctrination system commonly referred to as public K through 12.

Regardless, your suggestion is completely Orwellian and absolutely terrifying.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
What a horrible world this will be if the OP came to pass.

Bad guys have guns and strength

Good guys are often defenseless. - and often, many stupid laws wsearchs against them.

What if you could reverse the situation without fear of the system being manipulated by those in power? It could work, it cannot be worse.

It can always be worse, and I do mean always.

The system we have now is only as good as it is because we don't have what you want.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What stop at that, lets put chips in everyone's head that prevents us from doing anything our overlords don't want us to do. We can become real life SIM's.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

Don't forget the shock collars just in case. Remember it's for your own safety.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that this is already in the developmental stage; predictive policing is being practiced in several cities, (jurisdictions) in the US. Its in its infancy, but it will certainly be further developed, enhanced and expanded.

Starting in the schools, they have the tools to profile and collect the data to determine criminality orientation. That would be easily translated up the persons life to College or other pursuits. And to help keep track of people, they're talking about mandatory annual mental health checkups. As the government takes greater control of health care, I fully anticipate that mechanism to be employed.

Just wait for it........its coming. 1984 on steroids!

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
China social credit score

china already has a pilot program of what the OP is presenting. In china someday trustworthiness will be a score that can be easily looked up.

By 2020, everyone in China will be enrolled in a vast national database that compiles fiscal and government information, including minor traffic violations, and distils it into a single number ranking each citizen.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Parts of the world are horrible. I live in a nice part.

Tackling crime can be done in better ways than assuming someone may be a criminal through profiling. I guess you are American, so removal of guns from society would be good place to start, coupled with a change to the way the police operate. Sorting out the horrendous penal system where criminals are made worse during their incarceration would also be a good step.

If you have the will, crime can be reduced by conventional means, good policing and crime prevention. As society evolves, crime tends to fall. The level of crime today in the developed world (yes, including the US) is lower than it was a couple of decades ago.

I never intend to keep constant monitoring on individual analyzed to be high criminal likelihood. If you read my OP the purpose of the profiling is mainly to determine people of low likelihood of committing crime (even if you give them a gun for example). Such persons will be given a choice to be given a gun and additional training.

I'm not a huge fan of gunless society. In places where there are gangs for example, they will always find a way to have guns (illegally). So the good citizens end up with nothing to defend themselves from armed thuggs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join