It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My proposed solution on How to eliminate crime

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Make exhaustive personality profiling of every person based on personal data, criminal records, and if possible, activities on the internet and even genetics.

Develop a computer program to analyze and predict personality behavior on each individual on a wide variety of situations based on such data.

To publish the statistical analysis publicly to demonstrate some transparency of the system and also to demonstrate its accuracy as compared to real life data.

Rank persons from least probable to commit crime to most probable.

Using a stringent scoring system......

....To award lethal weapons to those who will be deemed least probable to commit crime as well as personal surveillance systems.

These people will also receive advanced training in weapons handling and hand-to-hand combat.

---however---

These people are not full time police officers. They are simply armed professors, students, waitresses, secretaries, father, mother, doctors, nurses...ready to step into action or simply defend themselves from perpetrators of crime.

Where did I get this idea???

Innocent people always take the heat..... Bad people are the ones who gain the upper hand in our world. Radical problems require radical solutions. Let us thrust the might into those who know no evil!

Of course, this is voluntary, one could refuse the issuing of weapons and special training in weapons handling, and hand-to-hand combat.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

It will be necessary to ensure that you do not end up including anti-government activity as being criminal. Protests, off grid living, going dark, all these things must be absolutely off limits as markers of criminal behaviour. Why? Because otherwise what you are describing would be a recipe for tyranny.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
.....continued..

So why not keep a close eye on those calculated to have most probable chance of committing crime?

That would stifle more liberties off of some people and may be offensive to some.

Giving "teeth" to those who are calculated to handle power responsibly would provide swift justice to those who would consider breaking the law.

People who would fall below the "score" would be ineligible to legally own guns for example..... It's a very wise thing to do!

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

It will be necessary to ensure that you do not end up including anti-government activity as being criminal. Protests, off grid living, going dark, all these things must be absolutely off limits as markers of criminal behaviour. Why? Because otherwise what you are describing would be a recipe for tyranny.

I agree with you. That will absolutely be in consideration. Of course, this should work for the greater good - of the good, of the harmless, and the innocents and weak.
edit on 8-2-2016 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
You honestly think a Government Agency looking over your shoulder 24/7 is a good idea? You're talking about establishing an Elite section of the population, to meet out justice to those they see as criminals. We already have that. By the way, who protects me and my family till the "good guys" get there?
Another, not so subtle, attempt to take away our right to protect ourselves and not have to rely on some one else, that is deemed "fit".

Of course, this should work for the greater good - of the good, of the harmless, and the innocents and weak.

And I'm sure every Dictator in history said the same thing.
edit on 8-2-2016 by DAVID64 because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Right, let's not try to understand why people commit "crime" in the first place, motivations, lack of resources, poverty, social pressure, and all that. Let's not deal with the source of the illness and just deal with the symptoms. That's your proposal ?

See this thread The effect of perceived inequality on monkeys

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
that's nuts. You don't want freedom then?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
You honestly think a Government Agency looking over your shoulder 24/7 is a good idea? You're talking about establishing an Elite section of the population, to meet out justice to those they see as criminals. We already have that.

I think you understood it incorrectly.

I explicitly mentioned it in my 2nd post (3rd post). No one is being monitored just for being highly probable for crime.

No one steps in until a crime is imminent or in progress.

By the way, who protects me and my family till the "good guys" get there? .

If you meet the score, you'll be able to protect them yourself with a gun and it won't be surprising if you did (not to mean anything) but I perceive you to be reasonable and responsible enough.

Trust me, there won't be an elite section of the society since I believe MANY would actually meet the score to legally be armed and augment law enforcement.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Lol, the OP thinks you beat back the wolves with hippies and flower power.

No OP, hard getting faced men, that are prepared and capable of commiting violence against evil men are what keeps you safe.

Besides, I will not ever be a part of your totalitarian dictatorship, where only your buddies get a passing score on their profiles so only they can have guns.

Which is exactly how it would turn out.

Very very bad idea!!

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

originally posted by: DAVID64
You honestly think a Government Agency looking over your shoulder 24/7 is a good idea? You're talking about establishing an Elite section of the population, to meet out justice to those they see as criminals. We already have that.

I think you understood it incorrectly.

I explicitly mentioned it in my 2nd post (3rd post). No one is being monitored just for being highly probable for crime.

No one steps in until a crime is imminent or in progress.

By the way, who protects me and my family till the "good guys" get there? .

If you meet the score, you'll be able to protect them yourself with a gun and it won't be surprising if you did (not to mean anything) but I perceive you to be reasonable and responsible enough.

Trust me, there won't be an elite section of the society since I believe MANY would actually meet the score to legally be armed and augment law enforcement.

Wrong, those in control will ensure only their choice of folks make the cut.

Guaranteeing they can't be challenged.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
All crime is committed by the living so the only solution is the remove the living to ensure that crime cannot be committed.

Yours

Judge Death.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
All crime is committed by the living so the only solution is the remove the living to ensure that crime cannot be committed.

Yours

Judge Death.

Or don't have so many laws even those that practice

Law don't know them all.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn

Right, let's not try to understand why people commit "crime" in the first place, motivations, lack of resources, poverty, social pressure, and all that. Let's not deal with the source of the illness and just deal with the symptoms. That's your proposal ?

I don't disagree with you. There are fundamental issues that must be solved also.

We can try to solve poverty, motivations, etc.......What about religion though? We can't just ban it can we?

I know about those who are pressured into gangs.... But what if there are no gangs?

My proposal is a low cost but effective solution to expanding the arm of the law - simply arm some well-deserved civilians.

I'm not pessimistic and I believe the computerized forecast would enable up to 40% of citizens eligible for such responsibility.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Gort

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I don't disagree with you. There are fundamental issues that must be solved also.

We can try to solve poverty, motivations, etc.......What about religion though? We can't just ban it can we?

I know about those who are pressured into gangs.... But what if there are no gangs?

My proposal is a low cost but effective solution to expanding the arm of the law - simply arm some well-deserved civilians.

I'm not pessimistic and I believe the computerized forecast would enable up to 40% of citizens eligible for such responsibility.

Well since veterans, the group most likely to be able to do as you say, and the group most likely to kill themselves than others, is at present in the cross hairs of the gun grabbers, I will disagree.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

If you meet the score

And there is where the trouble starts. Who gets to say I meet the score? Who gives the test? How is it graded?
You know as well as I, that Big Brother/Liberals would love a program like this. One they could use to legitimize their "You're Not Fit to Take Care Of Yourself" agenda. Do you trust me to protect your family? And, again, what about those who don't score high enough to own a gun, buy high enough they are not considered a 'criminal"? Who protects them at 2:00 AM?
Giving Big Government another reason to profile us is a bad idea, any way you look at it.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

The law itself is a product of this system. What about stupid laws that say that we shouldn't give food to homeless people ? Laws are mainly a work in progress, they are like a mirror of the current economical, political, cultural paradigm. I don't want more cops disguised as self-righteous citizens roaming the streets.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
What a horrible world this will be if the OP came to pass.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras
Wrong, those in control will ensure only their choice of folks make the cut.

Guaranteeing they can't be challenged.

There will be transparency in statistical data and analysis of the project. Even how the results are calculated.
I actually said it in my OP.

In time, Artificial Intelligence and real time surveillance will be employed to avoid manipulation of the system.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
What a horrible world this will be if the OP came to pass.

If you don't think our world is already horrible:

Bad guys have guns and strength

Good guys are often defenseless. - and often, many stupid laws wsearchs against them.

What if you could reverse the situation without fear of the system being manipulated by those in power? It could work, it cannot be worse.
edit on 8-2-2016 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join