It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study measures impact of removing Planned Parenthood from Texas women's health program

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Mmmm....I wonder what women did with the body parts of babies they aborted themselves before abortion was legal. Since human history.

I think the morality issue deals more with does a place promote abortions as the best alternative to make profit off the abortion and maybe further incentives like selling the aborted fetus for science, or is all concerns for the patient.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

There is the other option, buy your own at 50 bucks a month...lol I'm sure poor people do not buy liqueur or cigarettes either...

And there it is............Planned Parenthood clients, et al, are probably chain smoking alcoholics!

A single mother of 2, or a low income family of 4, probably is more worried about covering daycare costs to be able to go to their minimum wage job, than choosing between liquer and cigarettes or another child.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

where is the proof that they were selling fetal tissue for profit? if you know, please inform congress right away, they have probably spent about a million dollars and are on their third investigation looking for it!!!

and well, what's louisiana's excuse? none, absolutely none of their planned parenthoods did abortions!

and by the way, any doctor, hospital, or healthcare provider that would not suggest abortion as the best course of action ever, or refuse to allow a tubal litigation be done while doing a c-section delivery regardless of circumstances,should have their danged license revoked! and yet, all these catholic hospitals are receiving medicaid reimbursements.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

A single mother of 2, or a low income family of 4, probably is more worried about covering daycare costs to be able to go to their minimum wage job, than choosing between liquer and cigarettes or another child.

Are you sure? We fail on many levels. A single mother of 2 in a minimum wage job has failed on many levels too. It doesn't seem like PP help them in the first place since in both of your examples they should have been concerned about even having the first child they could not afford.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

There is the other option, buy your own at 50 bucks a month...

okay, you have this family, too rich for any gov't assistance, but just barely scraping by, obligated by the gov't to pay the insane price for the insurance premiums, also being taxed so that the "poor" can get all their medical needs filled.... who should have that birth control covered by their insurance but don't because, well, hobby lobby just doesn't believe it it!!

my question is.....
why the heck should they have to?? or better yet, if that is the case, then why the heck are they paying taxes so that poor families can have their health needs covered if the gov't wants to get picky and deny what they consider an important part of their healthcare needs?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

where is the proof that they were selling fetal tissue for profit? if you know, please inform congress right away, they have probably spent about a million dollars and are on their third investigation looking for it!!!

I didn't accused anyone, I stated the morality issue at hand, so are you asking me to provide proof of morality?

and well, what's louisiana's excuse? none, absolutely none of their planned parenthoods did abortions!

I don't live there, and there are many states I would not live in too. So explain to me what was their point?

and by the way, any doctor, hospital, or healthcare provider that would not suggest abortion as the best course of action ever, or refuse to allow a tubal litigation be done while doing a c-section delivery regardless of circumstances,should have their danged license revoked! and yet, all these catholic hospitals are receiving medicaid reimbursements.

Well they are not receiving reimbursements for abortion...lol

Don't go there...don't live in a state that you disagree with, don't work for a company you disagree with...not much else to say.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

maybe the women felt that it was important for the daddy of those kids remain in their lives and well, we all know how some feel about having to go through long term denial of sex in their marriage now don't we?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

okay, you have this family, too rich for any gov't assistance, but just barely scraping by, obligated by the gov't to pay the insane price for the insurance premiums, also being taxed so that the "poor" can get all their medical needs filled.... who should have that birth control covered by their insurance but don't because, well, hobby lobby just doesn't believe it it!!

Don't work at Hobby Lobby, the funny part is I don't think I have ever seen a worker there under the age of 50...lol We get it,we have heard the whole Hobby Lobby line 1000 times.

my question is.....
why the heck should they have to?? or better yet, if that is the case, then why the heck are they paying taxes so that poor families can have their health needs covered if the gov't wants to get picky and deny what they consider an important part of their healthcare needs?

I'm not sure of your question, sorry

edit on 5-2-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

A single mother of 2 in a minimum wage job has failed on many levels too. It doesn't seem like PP help them in the first place since in both of your examples they should have been concerned about even having the first child they could not afford.

And there it is again.....more of the same circular argumental rhetoric.

Shameful excuse to deny birth control!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

no one is receiving reimbursements for abortions unless the health of the mother is at risk, or she was raped, or if the fetus is shown to be not able to survive outside the womb anyways! do you know what medicaid reimbursements are...
the doctor does a particular service for a person, let's say a pap smear, they then submit a claim to the gov't, saying hey, this person had a medicaid card number xxxx, and well, we did a pap smear, can you please reimburse us.
if they sent in a claim for say hey this person had a medicaid card and we did an abortion can you please pay us, they would be rejected unless the case was such that certain circumstances were present.

medicaid doesn't pay for everything that a hospital might do. there are other care that is given that isn't covered.... I don't hear anyone claiming that hey our money is paying for cosmetic surgery, or whatever else they don't cover!

edit on 5-2-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

maybe the women felt that it was important for the daddy of those kids remain in their lives and well, we all know how some feel about having to go through long term denial of sex in their marriage now don't we?

No clue, I never helped produced a kid I didn't plan for...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

no one is receiving reimbursements for abortions unless the health of the mother is at risk, or she was raped, or if the fetus is shown to be not able to survive outside the womb anyways! do you know what medicaid reimbursements are...
the doctor does a particular service for a person, let's say a pap smear, they then submit a claim to the gov't, saying hey, this person had a medicaid card number xxxx, and well, we did a pap smear, can you please reimburse us.
if they sent in a claim for say hey this person had a medicaid card and we did an abortion can you please pay us, they would be rejected unless the case was such that certain circumstances were present.

Did they close down the PP in Louisiana or just limit abortion payments. I think I missed the facts somewhere.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

And there it is again.....more of the same circular argumental rhetoric.

Shameful excuse to deny birth control!

I don't think I debated to deny it and I did say that if a state felt that PP was doing it wrong and stopped support that state still needs to fill the gap with something else.

On the other hand once again, if it was very important to someone they can just buy it at 50 bucks or less per month....

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I don't think I debated to deny it and I did say that if a state felt that PP was doing it wrong

Planned Parenthood is doing it wrong? WTH does that mean?

On the other hand once again, if it was very important to someone they can just buy it at 50 bucks or less per month....

For many women relying on Planned Parenthood, that's a choice between birth control and feeding your kids for 5 days.

edit on 5-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So many responses on here, mainly from men, cause me to feel like I have walked into 1975. I am pretty sure there were no computer discussion boards then. Certainly not all of these people with personal computers.

Or is this some parallel universe?

I am thinking we had gotten well beyond the stereotypes I have witnessed here about women and poor women. Certainly the misconceptions about 'what one's taxes are paying for'.

So much delusional, backward and patriarchal thinking. Just a setback for the website as a whole.

I am surprised, upset, outraged and basically confused that I see what is basically anti-female choice posts and about contraception no less.

MEN need to stay away from what women choose to do with their bodies. Especially what contraception is appropriate for their own bodies and where they procure it.

(that wasn't to Xtrozero in particular. I clicked the reply button at the bottom, not on a post)
edit on 5-2-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Did they close down the PP in Louisiana or just limit abortion payments. I think I missed the facts somewhere.

Yeah, you missed something: The Hyde Amendment

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

no, they tried to, twice since those lovely videos, the first time was when they came up with the idea that women could get their birth control while visiting granny at the nursing home. so they tried another avenue, which I think failed also, or maybe they are still playing in the courts.
but, there a no planned parenthood clinics in the state that even does abortions and in the states that do perform them there has been plenty of investigations throughout the years and well, they have never found any proof that the funding from gov't sources are being used to provide abortions except in those rare cases that I mentioned. nor has any state really been that successful at pulling federal funding from planned parenthood.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

if they are poor and fall in the federal guidelines for the title x assistance, or medicaid....
they shouldn't have to...
if they are insured, with obamacare....
they shouldn't have to..

my god, if we were talking about blood transfusions, and businesses were crying about how it was against their religious beliefs to provide health insurance to cover that, no one would accept that...
if there were special clinics set up to provide blood transfusions to the poor that also provided healthcare items that weren't covered by medicaid, no one would accept that either.

what I am against is the whole idea that the most reliable methods of birth control is being seen as a second tier healthcare item that well, harms no one if we ignore it's need...

that well, if women want it, they can pay for it out of pocket, no problem.
yes, there is a problem, having four or five kids will shorten a women's lifespan!
just like a person not getting his chloresterol medication will shorten his lifespan!

edit on 5-2-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Planned Parenthood is doing it wrong? WTH does that mean?

If a State deems PP is performing unethical practices. Unethical, such as promoting abortions over other decisions to make more money, or to sell fetuses that promotes more abortions to feed an industry that would be looking to use them. If they are doing non of that I have no issues with them.

I have said I was on the fence over PP and I also said if a state stops funding them they need another way to fill the gap that no PP would cause.

edit on 5-2-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

If a State deems PP is performing unethical practices.

A "State" doesn't "deem" anything. A court of law makes determinations if laws have been broken and unethical practices perpetrated. Abortion is a constitutionally protected and legal medical procedure. Planned Parenthood has been cleared of any illegal, i.e. "unethical" practices by courts, investigations and hearings.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join