It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing a white puff of smoke seemingly out of nowhere.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
So this happened a few weeks ago and I just now remembered it. Did a search on it but found nothing particularly interesting so I figured I'd make a thread and see if any of the paranormal people here might have some insight.

So to begin I've been hanging out with a new friend of mine that I met through a mutual one. The mutual friend is most definitely my longest lasting and closest person to me in my life that is not family so I trust his judgement on just about anything including judge of character. So I met this friend through him about a year and a half ago at his wedding and we hit it off pretty well. The wedding was out of state so it was another solid year before I even thought about him.

Down the road I come to find he's been living with his father not too far from where I live so we started hanging out again and we're now planning on moving to Oregon next month to start up a greenhouse. We've been getting together at his place to hang out and discuss our plans moving forward when one morning we're both sitting at the breakfast table chatting when he get's an odd look on his face not related to the conversation. I'm staring at him and he shakes his head a bit and says "Sorry I just saw a pure white puff of smoke appear next to your head, I've never seen anything like that before. I didn't get any bad feelings off it just a weird occurrence."

I kind of shrugged it off at the time but I was thinking about it again and thought maybe someone here may have a clue or thought on what it was.

Nothing super crazy for sure I know but I found it interesting.

And no we weren't smoking, not allowed to do that inside!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It was the reaction of the atmosphere around you colliding with a thought forming in your head.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

Is this a phenomenon you've observed before? It just seemed so random.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

Interesting, I thought that only happened in comics.

My mother mentioned an aunt of hers (I think it was an aunt) who saw a puff of smoke in a smoke house when there was no fire. She took it as a ghost. I asked my mother if she might have said that sort of thing as a joke. She laughed at that and said no way, that wasn't in her character. I don't know what to make of that.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I once saw a white mist like that when I was at my papa's funeral. It was right next to his coffin at chest height. No one else saw it. Was there for about 15 seconds.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

If memory serves...

I read something in the Upanishads that states some will see white smoke, white snowfall, white lightning, etc. etc. the theme being some immersion of white light. This is visible to spiritual aspirants and/or visible ON or AROUND them. Are you a particularly spiritual person?

I have had a couple of friends tentatively ask me why I have white sparkles around me all the time. I just grin and say, 'whoa, you can see that??!'

Not everyone can see it. Certainly not everyone emits it. But to paraphrase from one of my favorite movies for simplicity:

"And for a long time, I thought it was just the two of us that had the shine to us. Just like you probably thought you was the only one. But there are other folks, though mostly they don't know it, or don't believe it...Well, maybe things that happen leave other kinds of traces behind. Not things that anyone can notice, but things that people who "shine" can see."

Hope this helps
take a penny, leave a penny, but there's my 2 cents.

edit on 3-2-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I was sitting outside one evening,and i saw what looked almost like an upright snake,formed out of white smoke, It was about 2 meters off the ground,iirc,and seemed to be vertically undulating through the air. Then next moment it just vanished. That was fascinating,but i don't have a clue what it could've been. Possibly some kind of nature spirit.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I used to see those silver/silvery white sparkles a lot,in my house. I still see them occasionally but at a time they were a many-times a day occurrence.Some years seem more "active" than others for seeing all kinds of strange phenomena. Or maybe it's us ourselves who change a bit,and it throws us out of the "spectrum" in which these things are easily/regularly visible, idk?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

I was sitting outside one evening,and i saw what looked almost like an upright snake,formed out of white smoke, It was about 2 meters off the ground

I find it a bit weird hearing about this white smoke/cloud because I heard it only once before in my life.
A very close friend of mine saw once what he described to be a white puff of smoke (during a sunny day) which materialized out of nowhere and then turned into a black dog, which scared the living # out of him.
Neither I or him believe in ghosts or paranormal "stuff" and in my opinion it sounds ridiculous.
Sometimes I remember about it and ask him ( I like how he almost immediately turns white
) he says it was a surreal experience.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Thanks for all the responses guys very appreciated!

To answer your question I wouldn't really classify myself as spiritual per se but I do fancy myself a student of philosophy.
I grew up raised in the mormon faith and quickly found myself dissatisfied with the "here's what you should believe and here's why you shouldn't question it" mentality that they so often pervaded.

Many of my older family members have a completely solid and rigid worldview based on their faith and I decided that I would not be like that. I try to keep my worldview as fluid as possible so as to accommodate new information without cracking the foundations.

I didn't personally see the phenomenon he just said that it manifested near my head, to the left of my temple to exact.
edit on 4-2-2016 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: saudi

Well ya..now there's something you don't see every day

There's some strange things going on,on this rock

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Interesting phenomenon...I'm a funeral director. I've witnessed what you described on two separate occasions over the past 15+ years. Both instances occurred in the prep room, and both white wisps of smoke for lack of a better description, occurred right besides the decedents head. It's something that has always stuck with me. Very odd indeed.
edit on 10-2-2016 by ValleyofAshes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ValleyofAshes

Very interesting.

I can of course confirm to you down than I am not a corpse.

I can say however that I have a bit of a morbid fascination with my own death.
edit on 10-2-2016 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Whew...thought maybe the zombie apocalypse was upon us. All kidding aside, in both instances that it happened I wasn't alone, yet I was the only one who saw it happen. Never really pressed the issues with my coworker, but it made me pause and think about why I was the only one who could see it. Especially since we work in such close proximity to each individual body. It happened quick, but for my eyes, it was hard to miss. Now my interest in that matter has been piqued!

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ValleyofAshes

I greatly appreciate your input on the subject. I didn't see it either it was my friend that saw it. It just happened to manifest near my head. The way he spoke about it suggested similarities to you, he didn't question that he saw it just WHY he saw it.

It has been in the back of my mind since though I doubt I'll get any solid explanation as to why it did happen. Another weird thing to ponder on I suppose.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

This happened to my cousins, my sister and I. We were between the ages of probably 7 and 12. We were at my grandma's house (neither one of my grandparents are deceased, so it wasn't an apparition of them) and we were sitting in the living WITH THEM and out of nowhere, a very dense cloud of white whatever appeared and was hovering between the couch and my grandma's chair. All of the children (including me) seen it, but my grandparents did not. We reacted immediately and asked each other if we had seen the same thing. You could only imagine the looks we received when trying to convince Mammaw and Pappaw that an apparition had just hovered into their living room.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yes! Sitting a car with three other people, I was sitting behind the driver. We were at a drive-thru waiting when I saw a wisp of white smoke as if the driver was holding a cigarette. It came from the steering wheel/drivers chest area and I knew she wasn't smoking. I said something like "is that smoke?" but no one else saw it. We pulled over and parked to search for the source because smoke = fire but there was nothing. We dismissed it as dust sparking in the steering column. The driver used to be a heavy smoker but had quit a while before that day because she had lung cancer. I haven't thought about the wisp since she died, interesting thread.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
So this happened a few weeks ago and I just now remembered it. Did a search on it but found nothing particularly interesting so I figured I'd make a thread and see if any of the paranormal people here might have some insight.

So to begin I've been hanging out with a new friend of mine that I met through a mutual one. The mutual friend is most definitely my longest lasting and closest person to me in my life that is not family so I trust his judgement on just about anything including judge of character. So I met this friend through him about a year and a half ago at his wedding and we hit it off pretty well. The wedding was out of state so it was another solid year before I even thought about him.

Down the road I come to find he's been living with his father not too far from where I live so we started hanging out again and we're now planning on moving to Oregon next month to start up a greenhouse. We've been getting together at his place to hang out and discuss our plans moving forward when one morning we're both sitting at the breakfast table chatting when he get's an odd look on his face not related to the conversation. I'm staring at him and he shakes his head a bit and says "Sorry I just saw a pure white puff of smoke appear next to your head, I've never seen anything like that before. I didn't get any bad feelings off it just a weird occurrence."

I kind of shrugged it off at the time but I was thinking about it again and thought maybe someone here may have a clue or thought on what it was.

Nothing super crazy for sure I know but I found it interesting.

And no we weren't smoking, not allowed to do that inside!

I watched this youtube video and an orb came flying out of this mans arm. Noone made any comments about this anomaly. WHY ?
edit on 17-2-2016 by operayt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Just found this posting...
I had a similar experience in the past year with a "puff of white smoke".
This "smoke" appeared as I was working in my home office directly in front of me as I was sitting at my desk - less than a foot away at chest level.
I immediately thought something was burning / shorting and immediately unplugged my phone that was charging near by - -and anything else connect to electrical sources.
No smell. No heat. Nothing out of the ordinary. was expecting at least a burnt smell since I saw SMOKE.
This "puff" appeared - and dissolved away -- all within a few moments.
Strange and will never forget this experience.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: saudi

originally posted by: Raxoxane

I was sitting outside one evening,and i saw what looked almost like an upright snake,formed out of white smoke, It was about 2 meters off the ground

I find it a bit weird hearing about this white smoke/cloud because I heard it only once before in my life.
A very close friend of mine saw once what he described to be a white puff of smoke (during a sunny day) which materialized out of nowhere and then turned into a black dog, which scared the living # out of him.
Neither I or him believe in ghosts or paranormal "stuff" and in my opinion it sounds ridiculous.
Sometimes I remember about it and ask him ( I like how he almost immediately turns white
) he says it was a surreal experience.

i used to see slow moving wave like smoke/mist in the middle of my bedroom a number of times but I just freak out and put the light on to go to sleep or if I have had a beer I just tell it to piss off and then crash out on my bed.My mate kipped over one night so I put a spare mattress down and he told me the next day that he woke up in the middle of the night and there was this strange smoke above him ? and that was back in 1990 at my mother house.
I wish now I had studied it more as it might have formed into an image but it was supernatural.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join