It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing a white puff of smoke seemingly out of nowhere.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Kundalini, prana, chi, qi, life/nerve force, angelic/demonic energies, thought bubbles, ectoplasm, to just brain storming or letting off some steam. Take your pick.

Possibly originally seen as something holy/ghostly, or is a trade mark of vitality, vigor, or even fertility. The stuff a lot more common then you'd think, I dare say it every where. Probably a form of plasma an thought reactiing and boom, usually when least expected or maybe in moments of absolute peace an detachment.

Where it got a sinuous/snake like movement, like a snake out of a can prank or the how the sun discharges on itself with those energy tentacle things..

I'll call it a semenonic aura. Its every where...Especially on your heads, HA!
edit on 11-1-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well we never find out until we die unless we are 100% mediums.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I also saw white puff just staying still on the middle of road when I was coming home from work in middle of night. I first thought it was coming from sewer or something, but there was nothing on the ground which couldve cause it, and I always walk the same street and have never before or never since seen it happen.
I didnt feel any weird feelings walking past it but it just seemed strange.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Was there a light bulb in the puff of smoke?

If so you might have just had an idea.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Thanks for all the responses guys very appreciated!

To answer your question I wouldn't really classify myself as spiritual per se but I do fancy myself a student of philosophy.
I grew up raised in the mormon faith and quickly found myself dissatisfied with the "here's what you should believe and here's why you shouldn't question it" mentality that they so often pervaded.

Many of my older family members have a completely solid and rigid worldview based on their faith and I decided that I would not be like that. I try to keep my worldview as fluid as possible so as to accommodate new information without cracking the foundations.

I didn't personally see the phenomenon he just said that it manifested near my head, to the left of my temple to exact.

You are a profit.
That is all.
Well not really, you've told me about that "shine that I wasn't understanding. Life shift happening here - aligning of spiritual thoughts. It's insane. You kind of made my life make some sense. I wasn't understanding what I was seeing.
This directly pertains to my life at this moment.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValleyofAshes
Interesting phenomenon...I'm a funeral director. I've witnessed what you described on two separate occasions over the past 15+ years. Both instances occurred in the prep room, and both white wisps of smoke for lack of a better description, occurred right besides the decedents head. It's something that has always stuck with me. Very odd indeed.

Many interesting witness stories here
whitecrowbooks.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Saw such a thing the other day in my living room. First I thought it was smoke, then I thought it was a spider web or something in front of my eye, but when I moved to touch it, it just faded out. I chalked it up to some fuzz in my eye or something, although I had no evidence for that being the case.

posted on Dec, 15 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Wow I realize this original post was nearly 3 years ago but I found doing a search for the elusive white puff of smoke!!

I am in my 50's and a grandmother. I've always had psychic experiences and dreams and my mother's side is a bunch of French Gypsies, all psychic. So I am usually not freaked out about strange phenomenon. However, I was at my daugther's house watching my grandson. He was in bed, I was spending the night and about to go to bed myself. I was in the kitchen and saw a white, yet airy, puff of smoke just at her cabinet. It was swirling. I could not tell if it was swirling up or down. It was right at the bottom of the cabinet door nowhere near a stove or any appliance. I could not tell if it were going into or coming out of the cabinet.

My daughter has a town house and the kitchens are back to back so at first instant I thought maybe the neighbor was burning something, but then dismissed that idea as it was white smoke and there was absolutely no smell. I ran to grab my camera and when I got back it was gone.

I am sure it was a spirit. Just not sure whose!! I've seen A LOT of things but never smoke. I have been asking my mom's spirit to let me physically see her. Maybe this is a start.I am excited if that is the case!! Wow.

edit on 15-12-2018 by GoodVibe because: left out a detail

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sawyer911

I am so happy that I came across this thread! In the last few weeks, I have been seeing, in my peripheral vision, a cloud of white smoke. I'll be on the computer and on my left side, I will catch a glimpse of a white cloud of smoke. I'll be walking through the house and have the same experience. I have been searching on the internet and have come across discussions regarding "shadow people", but my glimpses are not dark, they are white.

Thanks so much for sharing!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I was a paranormal investigator for3 years. This happened on two occasions. Both involved an environment of very high humidity. For reasons unknown, cold-spots are a consistent signature of paranormal activity. Something to do with the physics of which I still don't understand. However, combining cold spots with high humidity causes water vapor condensation, and I believe that is the most likely explanation.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ATS4dummies

I have seen a handful of random smoke spots over the course of time I have lived in my apartment. ( 9 months) I have told the odd person about it but I think they just thought I was seeing things or talking crazy. I also thought this about myself. BUT thus morning it happened again. I was standing leaning against my counter in my kitchen drinking my coffee. I was watching my toddler and baby eating and sharing a banana at the kitchen table. My toddler was sitting in her chair 5 feet upfront of me and my baby was standing up against that chair. I seen the puff of smoke again right beside my toddler. My toddler seen it too ! She said "hot" as she pushed the random smoke cloud away with her hand. That is how I know I wasn't actually seeing things. At first I had thought what the heck is on fire and I leaned in for a closer look even though I knew nothing could possibly be on fire. I am a very spiritual person. The father of my baby passed away a year and a half ago. My toddler and baby do not have the same dad. I don't know what to think of this or what to make of it. I smudge my home often and myself and children . This is the only thing I have been able to find online about this topic. Glad to know other people have seen it to.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

I once rented an apartment in an old house in a big city and to get to the kitchen I had to go through the dining room. Now I lived alone mostly, with friends and family moving in temporarily throughout, anyway this white smoke would fill up the dining room infrequently. I describe it as more smoke-like because it seemed heavier to me than white mist. Anyway, I don't know why but I was not frightened and I would just walk right through it to get to the kitchen. Everyone who lived with me witnessed it and I would tell them just ignore it and it will go away...and it would. But visitors would be totally freaked out when it materialized during dinner parties and some would have to leave immediately. This smoke cloud left no residue once it left.

Not to make light of this phenomenon, but the white cloud showed up at quite a few of my dinner parties, odd timing.
edit on 01CST12America/Chicago019121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 01CST12America/Chicago021121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I am glad found out I am not the only one experiencing this smoke issue. 2 months ago, my IP camera sent me a message (I activated the security mode when the nights are off, it will record any kind of motion within the area and send a message to my phone when this happens). My IP camera has always been in this mode and sometimes an insect threw pass will also activate this recording mode. That time, it was just pass midnight, I received a message on my phone and I just took a look at it as I have not sleep yet in my room. What I saw was between my corridor and living room; a smoke just came out from the ground and raise up to about chest high for 5-6 seconds and then vanished... scared the heck out of me and I am too afraid to go out and take a look. I cannot say the smoke I saw was whatever colour because the Ip cam was in a kinda night version mode so I can only see different of dark and light grey. I didn’t do anything about it as I thought to myself if this is anything spiritual it could be a one-time thing and I may not see it again. But, about a month later, that night I had a strong feeling that someone is out there in the living room. I don’t close my bedroom door at night in case my 5 years old girl will come in during night time. I had the night light in the living room though so my my bed; I always see a constant ray of light from the night light. On that evening, again pass midnight, as I felt someone was outside, I also see the ray of light from the night light has been blocked for a second or two... I was trying to think of something scientific then, but to be able to block that ray of light, it has to be something taller then a foot (because that’s about where the socket of the night light is), and I don’t have the windows opened so no birds or rats or any kind of animals can blocked that light... another strange thing happened in about 15-30 minutes was another reflection of light on my ceiling, it was a kind of rectangular shape long, about 2 ft x a foot from what I saw from my bed.... I cannot remember how long it was there and I felt asleep after... I was trying to tell my close friends about this and I shown the clip to 2 other persons. I am hoping to find an answer on this strange smoke too

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

does it look like this?...........

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I have encountered hazy puffs of air that sprang up out-of-nowhere...

I deduced that the likely cause were the sudden release of 'spores' by the natural occurring puff balls that proliferate on the forest floor

heres a pic of a puff ball :

edit on th30155506701012032019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

however... the puff balls I usually see look like brownish-black parchment balls about + 3/4 inch round, instead of the 'white' specimen in the photo
edit on th30155506732512082019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Colour wise yes but more so like this.

Usually jumps or springs out like a can of snakes, where it like a discharge of sort, but it give me headaches trying to look at it. Sometimes I could even feel just jump forward.

Used to see it alot actually, and it even spooked the crap out of some people from my experience.
edit on 12-4-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Thanks fire clearing this up for me. I was wondering what this meant, and it makes sense. I am on a more spiritual journey than a religious path, and prefer to follow the whims of the spiritual realm. It makes sense to me after seeing a full body manifestation of my grandmother sitting on the couch when i was home alone. So, in other words, what I am seeing is my own aura? This is good to know and puts me at ease that what i am seeing is somewhat normal, and not a"bad" entity trying to edge its way into my protection. Thanks for your input. a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

edit on 27-3-2020 by RobertDimon because: Found typis that i wanted to fix

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hello My name is Rose and I experienced my house burning and was going to call 911 but did not because i was in total shock that i saw my house on fire. no fire just smoke and heavy as if someone had put those fog machines around my house, this house is in half an acre so the neighbors are a bit far. I thought the house was on fire and that some electrical wires had caused it because I smelled something but it was not the burning of the electrical wiring. my whole house and the RV that was parked right next to it were surrounded by smoke. I dont know what caused it and thought it was just me but It was not only me. my sister was with me because I yelled from my house to hers which is right next door . we were not scared and it lasted for 10 minutes and then it cleared up like as if nothing had happened. there is nothing left. no signs of electrical wiring gone wrong absolutely nothing. and yes I am a spiritual person. This was after I had gone to a funeral of a family member and dealing with a lot of stress. I thought maybe stress causes this but it was not just me who saw it. i don't know what it is or what i can be but I see that others have also experienced it. this was for 10 minutes that I saw this . No Flames, No fire , Just gray smoke and a funky smell . I am still in shock and freaked out. wish I knew what it was.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join