It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs chief: Sanders's criticism is 'dangerous'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It looks like Sanders message is getting heard loud and clear. It also seems that his mention of a few things that one wall street bank has done, has struck a nerve and garnered a response. Lloyd Blankfein CEO of Goldman Sachs is feeling he is being targeted or singled out by Mr Sanders.

This shows that those that have rigged politics are getting scared. Just the fact Sanders wants big money out of politics is enough to scare them. But Mr sanders also is threatening the closure of the revolving doors, between business and DC , toadd a tax on wall street transactions and we can see why Blankfeins heads exploding!

Go Sanders!

The head of Goldman Sachs believes being singled out for criticism by Bernie Sanders represents a “dangerous moment” for the country.

Lloyd Blankfein, the Wall Street giant’s chief executive, said Wednesday that the Democratic presidential candidate might have gone too far in personally targeting him.

“To personalize it, it has potential to be a dangerous moment. Not just for Wall Street ... but for anybody who is a little bit out of line,” he said in an interview with CNBC.

Sanders has railed against Wall Street throughout his populist campaign, accusing the financial industry of ruining the economy and holding down the middle class. And he has singled out Blankfein and his company as a poster child for the greed and recklessness he says is endemic in finance.

In a January interview with Bloomberg, he specifically mentioned Blankfein as representing greed on Wall Street, for taking massive pay packages “after destroying the economy.”

source
edit on 3-2-2016 by AlaskanDad because: cleaned up grammar / typo

+34 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I love the smell of a bankster feeling the Bern in the morning.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
His criticism is in the right place. Too bad his policies would finish gutting the middle class, destroy small businesses, further empower large corporations through reduction of competition and work to make everyone equally and blissfully poor.

Bernie, he knows whats wrong and a has a solution even worwe than the problem.

+31 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Blankfein is telling the truth, what Sanders say is very dangerous.
- to Bernie Sanders if he is elected and follows through.
JFK knew he was up against some very bad people too but couldn't imagine the lengths they would go to protect their illicit financial fiefdoms.

(post by flice removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I heard someone say the Clinton would be a great choice for vp.

My reply: that would be like JFK choosing LBJ and the results would be the same.

I think Jill Stien is his best VP choice, she is left of Sanders in policy, so if they kill him she would be a bigger pita, lol.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
His criticism is in the right place. Too bad his policies would finish gutting the middle class, destroy small businesses, further empower large corporations through reduction of competition and work to make everyone equally and blissfully poor.

Bernie, he knows whats wrong and a has a solution even worse than the problem.

Here's one of them:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The Golden Saks Society is nervous.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
FTA:

And beyond criticizing Goldman directly, Sanders has used it as a political cudgel as well, criticizing his opponent, Hillary Clinton, for accepting large speaking fees from the banking firm.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Blankfein is telling the truth, what Sanders say is very dangerous.
- to Bernie Sanders if he is elected and follows through.
JFK knew he was up against some very bad people too but couldn't imagine the lengths they would go to protect their illicit financial fiefdoms.

Indeed, dangerous for Sanders health.

Sanders, if he miraculously got elected wouldn't get anything through congress at all. (And if he did they would kill him)

The GOP stalwarts of the rich wouldn't let him do anything to the rich.

You think Obama was grid lock Sanders would be worst.

The only way for Sanders to do anything is to get a democratic congress and even then like Obama wont get much because they are bought and paid for also, not as bad as the GOP but almost.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't agree with everything Sanders wants to do. But the fact that "The Gold Man Sacks" is afraid is quite refreshing.

-dex

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

A post full of opinions is like a pipe full of opium, nothing but dreams!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Maybe.. .the entrenched interests are.. .wait for it... entrenched.

But to not assail the wall because we are told it is too strong to fall is just weak... break that effer down!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
An update on his potion of auditing the Fed, which is better than what he was in agreement with initially with the "gutting the bill".

Wed, January 13, 2016

Independent Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont voted to back Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky's Audit the Fed bill, which would allow a comprehensive audit of the Federal Reserve.

Although the bill won almost unanimous support from Republicans on Jan. 12, and garnered support from Sanders as well as Democratic Sen. Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin, it was blocked by Senate Democrats and fell short of the 60 votes needed for consideration.
-source
Those against it just may be an indication of who is on GSachs payroll for example.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

if you had listened to his speech at the caucus, you'd hear him explain what he wants to tax wall street. that's why the bankers are scared. just shows how little you know.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Ahhhh... I knew there must be some reason I shouldn't listen to Sanders... that meme helped coalesce my scattered suspicions that things must stay as they are and there is absolutely no way to even begin to change them... I lay my power at your wise feet and will return to my opium pipe as that is the only way I'll see justice and change for the greater good in my lifetime... (sounds of dejected shuffling and sighing)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I've heard about auditing the Fed a number of times. While I'm not necessarily against this, what happens if the results of the audit are horrible beyond anything we can imagine? Wouldn't this lead to a complete global financial collapse?

-dex

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

When Mr Sanders heard you got one of the rethuglican energy devices, he wanted to send you one that he promotes.

Please throw the rethuglican energy device away they are known to cause rectal burns.

edit on 3-2-2016 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
a reply to: dreamingawake

I've heard about auditing the Fed a number of times. While I'm not necessarily against this, what happens if the results of the audit are horrible beyond anything we can imagine? Wouldn't this lead to a complete global financial collapse?

-dex

There is probably going to be worse consequences if not dealt with. I don't believe it would lead to global collapse. Sure as history shares those taking part in corruption will have their fits, but assessing their reign in way over due.

I implore anyone interested to check into the GAO report.
For example;

The first top-to-bottom audit of the Federal Reserve uncovered eye-popping new details about how the U.S. provided a whopping $16 trillion in secret loans to bail out American and foreign banks and businesses during the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression

Continued at the Source- Bernie Sander's .gov page

"No one who works for a firm receiving direct financial assistance from the Fed should be allowed to sit on the Fed's board of directors or be employed by the Fed," he said.

Who can argue that but the ones who want to continue this farce that the money changers run.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Election 2016: Elizabeth Warren Defends Bernie Sanders From Goldman Sachs Criticism

Elizabeth Warren entered the intensifying battle for the Democratic presidential nomination, defending Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders from a new attack by the head of Goldman Sachs — a Wall Street behemoth whose executives have delivered hundreds of thousands of dollars to Hillary Clinton, her presidential campaign and her family’s foundation.

In an interview with International Business Times hours before Wednesday night’s Democratic town hall in New Hampshire, the Massachusetts senator — whose endorsement is coveted by both Democratic candidates — slammed Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein for asserting earlier in the day that Sanders’ criticism of Wall Street had created a dangerous environment in America.

"He thinks it’s fine to prosecute small business owners, it’s fine to go hard after individuals who have no real resources, but don’t criticize companies like Goldman Sachs and their very, very important CEO — that’s what he’s really saying,” Warren told IBT.

source

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join