It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tells Crowd to ‘Knock the Crap Out’ of Protesters, 'I Will Pay For The Legal Fees '

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: MotherMayEye

If it was assault then why was he charged with disorderly conduct?

Guess it wasn't assault so there goes the whole "assualt" argument.

Did the tomatoes hit him? If they didn't then that's why. Protecting oneself from assault is reasonable to me...I say this as a rape & kidnapping survivor. I don't blame Trump for asking anyone who sees an attempted assault to thwart it if they can.

It's ridiculous to take the other side on this issue in my opinion and I would not fault Obama or any candidate for doing the same. Geez.

"In common law, assault is harmful or offensive contact with a person. An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm."
edit on 2-2-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Now you're nit picking? Did it hit him? It almost did yet 0 assualt charges, not even attempted. At best he could have been charged with battery but he wasn't. I'm sure if the man wanted to actually cause harm to Trump he would have choose anything besides a tomato, like a rock. So we're all agree it wasn't assault? Fantastic.

Being a survivor of rape and kidnapping has nothing to do with this at all. Trump is protected!!!! Asking his followers to incite violence is NOT protection.

So we can keep going round and round but I hate repeating myself and that's I'm doing with you so agree to completely disagree.

Btw, are you a supporter of Trump?
edit on 2-2-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone have a sense of humor anymore? He was not inciting violence. This is being blown out of proportion. Watch the vid again folks. I mean, seriously? It was a joke!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I have a great sense of humor but all humor is lost when a presidential candidate asks his supporters to incite violence. Trump and his staffers ask his supporters at every rally to spot any protester and to call them out so excuse me if I don't see this as a joke. But, even if that's how you wanna take it understand there's a lot of truth in jest. And too boot, if a tomato was thrown that day I would bet good money his supporters would get violent, joke or not.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Now you're nit picking? Did it hit him? It almost did yet 0 assualt charges, not even attempted. At best he could have been charged with battery but he wasn't. I'm sure if the man wanted to actually cause harm to Trump he would have choose anything besides a tomato, like a rock. So we're all agree it wasn't assault? Fantastic.

Being a survivor of rape and kidnapping has nothing to do with this at all. Trump is protected!!!! Asking his followers to incite violence is NOT protection.

So we can keep going round and round but I hate repeating myself and that's I'm doing with you so agree to completely disagree.

I abhor Trump. But assault charges require bodily contact.

And being a rape/kidnapping survivor gives me perspective that assault is real and it can happen to you or me or Trump.

edit on 2-2-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I don't know how many jokes include the words "seriously" and "I promise" followed by "It won't be that much the courts agree with us."

Just as you said though, joke or no joke this is not how a presidential candidate should act.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
That's what I like about him, he doesn't kiss butt and pander like Hilary, doesn't let dumb black lives matter girls jump on stage like Bernie, if I had been there I would have punched the guy no matter his color. Why ? Because I went to hear someone and not him, no one did and outside is fine but not inside, it bites off of my rights and everyone elses. That protestor isn't forced to be there to listen to Trump, just there to stop someone from exercising freedom of speech. Don't like the candidate, don't go to their rally. Protest outside. or else LOL

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills Its called balls, grow some.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
That's what I like about him, he doesn't kiss butt and pander like Hilary, doesn't let dumb black lives matter girls jump on stage like Bernie, if I had been there I would have punched the guy no matter his color. Why ? Because I went to hear someone and not him, no one did and outside is fine but not inside, it bites off of my rights and everyone elses. That protestor isn't forced to be there to listen to Trump, just there to stop someone from exercising freedom of speech. Don't like the candidate, don't go to their rally. Protest outside. or else LOL

An advocate of Mob rule. You don't like that someone might not agree with Trumps platform so you advocate violence against someone that disagrees with you.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Assault requires a physical injury or contact to occur. "Did the tomato hit you sir"? "No, I ducked". No assault occurred.
But disorderly conduct is merited. Throwing tomatos at people is usually considered pretty disorderly. Obnoxious as well, but there is even a fine line between those two.

edit on 3-2-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover

Nobody said anything about him having to kiss butt or pander to anyone.

Do you realize that suggesting, ordering, requesting, commanding, etc. others to do a crime is itself a crime??? It's solicitation and assault can fall into either Misdemeanor or Felony and that means technically Trump would have been guilty of Solicitation of a Felony if someone actually did commit Felony assault because of what he said.

Whether you agree with that law, or like it or not the fact is a Possible President of the US shouldn't be on TV openly committing a crime. It doesn't matter if he knew it or not either because he still did it and that's not the person who needs to be leading a Nation which is supposed to be based upon the Rule of Law.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

I wouldn't confuse "balls" with stupidity if I were you. And btw, since when is asking others to fight your battles equates to you having balls? So again, that stupidity thing I was talking about, climb out of that trap.
edit on 3-2-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

What happened to free speech? He is allowed to say whatever he wants.

He is not inciting violence. You have one case with the guy in Boston when those 2 drunk jerk offs beat up a guy and said it was because of Trump. No, it was because they are drunk bigots. Trump NEVER once said to go out and beat up immigrants.

At least it was not a show like Bush had to duck...that one is a classic.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Free speech is great, unless you're speech is inciting violence. Those two men you speak of, why? Did anyone use them as an example? No. But Trumps rhetoric led to beat up an innocent man based on his skin color and Trump called those men "passionate" supporters. What a guy... But in that instance, Trump wasn't directly asking his supporters to resort to violence, in this case he is. It was bound to happen.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Do you realize that suggesting, ordering, requesting, commanding, etc. others to do a crime is itself a crime??? It's solicitation and assault can fall into either Misdemeanor or Felony and that means technically Trump would have been guilty of Solicitation of a Felony if someone actually did commit Felony assault because of what he said.

Whether you agree with that law, or like it or not the fact is a Possible President of the US shouldn't be on TV openly committing a crime. It doesn't matter if he knew it or not either because he still did it and that's not the person who needs to be leading a Nation which is supposed to be based upon the Rule of Law.

Charge him with a crime. Until then, all you can do is attempt to convict him of thought crimes in some imaginary court in your thoughts. He said something, something you didn't like, and that's it. No amount of fantasy is going to change that.

The rule of law includes due process and the presumption of innocence.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

If his supporters committed violence that day then that fantasy could be a reality, then again, billionaires don't go to jail much.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Exactly. If Bush jnr or Obama had said this, they would've gotten slammed by either side of the popular press.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

What happened to free speech? He is allowed to say whatever he wants.

He is not inciting violence. You have one case with the guy in Boston when those 2 drunk jerk offs beat up a guy and said it was because of Trump. No, it was because they are drunk bigots. Trump NEVER once said to go out and beat up immigrants.

At least it was not a show like Bush had to duck...that one is a classic.

Ah noo it wasn't a one off thing at Trump's rallies some supporters in his group are violence prone because he bring out the worst in people here is how one handles hecklers and protesters.

You do not sick your supporters on them, if a person is a threat then security should have him/her removed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join