It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament original texts, where are they?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
Your never going to quote the bible into existence and summon the original texts, why try??

edit on 13-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

I have the text as God originally wanted man to have it because he promised to preserve it to every generation.

Now he either did it or he didn't.

I believe he did.

But you have no firm foundation upon which to stand because you don't believe God did it.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: errorcode

It's "Numbers" and "Leviticus". These are both old testament.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

I have the text as God originally wanted man to have it because he promised to preserve it to every generation.

Now he either did it or he didn't.

I believe he did.

But you have no firm foundation upon which to stand because you don't believe God did it.

You say you believe it, but it's faith not knowledge. You have never met God. No angel visited you and said the bible is all true.

Faith and knowledge are not the same.
edit on 13-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I would not trust a single angel to visit me, seeing even Satan himself makes himself out to be an angel of light.

Not while I have Christ in me.

to bad for you. You have no security while I know who it is that saves me.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I would not trust a single angel to visit me, seeing even Satan himself makes himself out to be an angel of light.

Not while I have Christ in me.

to bad for you. You have no security while I know who it is that saves me.

You still can't prove anything, seeing as how the original christians were the Essenes and the Telestai (Gnostic disciples), not the RCC. You only believe in the authenticity of the bible ( you claim) you don't have proof.
edit on 14-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

that is your belief which you can't prove is even true.

I am not RCC.

I have Gods words in my hands and proof is only to those who have faith in god's word both the living and the written. You lack both.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I am not RCC.

I have Gods words in my hands and proof is only to those who have faith in god's word both the living and the written. You lack both.

Nobody, including me and you, can prove God exists. Are you a prophet? Did God hand that bible to you himself? You have no proof either you just think you're special or entitled. Your awful. You come in here trying to crap on my beliefs, your a persecutor. Freedom of religion is a fundamental American right.

Hate on me all you want your a joke to me. I couldn't take you seriously for a million dollars because your a religion biggot, spewing garbage attacking people who disagree with you. You need to look in the mirror, live and let live.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

well you see God does not exist to those who do not believe in him. But Jesus Christ did and does exist I have him in my heart, the Holy Ghost in me and he who knows my heart indwells me as well.

You don't have those proofs in you because as you said "you are not a Christian".

Gnosisisfaith/Rasalghul I do not hate you, and no I have no fondness for those who are deceptive as you have been here on ATS. You should have stuck to your first user Account and we could have continued when your restrictions were lifted on this discussion of the "NT Originals where are they?"

Because one thing I have learned is that the Bible is a living word just as the creator who preserves his word as promised. that is how I know I have the NT and the OT just as God wanted me too. Because he is able when all men fail. god keeps his word and preserves it just as promised. Come to trust him as I have and find peace.

I have been looking at my post you replied too and I dont see any religious garbage, hatred or attacks against anyone. You really need to settle down and stop reading everything through the darkened glass you view through

here look again

I am not RCC.

edit on 14-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
· After careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that all religious beliefs need to be taken seriously. Even my crazy theory that the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi Library have given us the truth in so many ways. They tried to destroy something 16-1800 years ago but they made it, we h ave them and I am grateful. Early christianity was not so cut and dry and the new testament is not all of christian scripture.

If the Merciful One be willing, let it be true.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

You are wanting us to take your "crazy theory that the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi Library have given us the truth in so many ways" and place it on the same level as the truth found in God's preserved words of the Holy Bible?

interesting.

edit on 15-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I don't care what anyone believes, I enjoy all scripture. I don't care if it was found in a cave, a museum or fall's out of the sky. I own some Zoroastrian books call Zend Avesta and many of its concepts show up in Christianity after the Greek occupation the 3 cultures show up in Christianity, it isn't a coincidence, the three Magi were Persian Zoroastrians and Zoroaster himself was a disciple of Abraham. It was no coincidence that it was the Persians who freed them from Babylonian captivity. The Jews also learned from the Persians and created the Kabballah.
edit on 15-2-2016 by Rasalghul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

We know that you only care about what you believe and you want to tell everyone else about it. Well fine but don't present it as facts without proof. Like your, "crazy theory that the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi Library have given us the truth in so many ways" and expect us to put it on the same level as the preserved Holy Bible.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Actually, it isn't even a theory. I'll give you 2 examples.

Thanks to the DSS we know more about the old testament than before, for instance, the corrupt Masoretic texts deliberately changed Sons of God to sons of Israel. I can only guess, but I suspect to promote Yahweh as God Most High.

Thanks to the Nag Hammadi Library we have a clearer picture of early Christianity, we know more scripture existed than we are told, and that early Christianity was divided.

Never forget, history is written by the victor.

You even think the kjv is the preserved word of God. Even though it is an extremely late product not close at all to the time it (N.T.) was written and has translation errors. Not perfect or perfectly preserved AT ALL.

Sad, with all the knowledge that exists, that you would believe such obvious B.S.

I'm glad I know better.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Show scriptures that support your view and I will consider it.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohnOh I don't care if you consider, I have no desire to educate a person who digusts me.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I believe scriptures to be truth whenever someone wishes to say scriptures say this or that it is necessary to have scriptural support for it.

You show one post where I said, "you disgust me" or where I said you were disgusting.

Please you show one post where I have been rude or mocking or slanderous or called you a moron and idiot, arrogant as you have said to me.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
First, you have 0 respect for others beliefs, quote early Catholic church fathers to slander early christians who didn't conform with the RCC, say things about the Gnostics that are lies, are fascist in your beliefs and anything else is of satan. You know little about the bible, other than mainstream doctrines but speak like an authority on the subject, you harrass me all the time and other people. You just make me sick, sorry but you do. You think the bible was preserved just for you and act like you are a chosen one. Have no esoteric knowledge which is why you suck at biblical interpretation. I'll stop there.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I am amazed at how people who have no eye contact, verbal intonation or body language to communicate with written words are so quick to make judgements on other peoples emotions and actions.

I did not slander anyone, I quoted the words of God and you do not believe them.

For someone who is not a Christian (your own words), not a RCC (your own words), and say they are a gnostic then claims they are not a gnostic (your own words) you sure are defending RCC and Gnostics pretty hard.

Again I read your statements, show what the word of God says that is in opposition to your words, and you spill out your vitriol and hatred towards me.

Once again QUOTE any time I have slandered you, hated you, been vitriolic, called you names, or belittled you in anyway.

The only thing I did was follow your nonsense from one ATS user account Gnosisisfaith through 5 other ATS accounts to this current one. Your pattern of bitter insulting replies to me and others can be found in all those accounts. You have had more post removals for manners violations in two weeks than most of us have in a whole year. You have had more removed than I have had since I joined.

Now to a finer point of your accusations

The Bible was preserved because God said he would preserve his words and he did so for all men, not just for me.

Ps 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

I have made no indications of being a chosen one.

I don't need esoteric knowledge as I have the Mind of Christ, the Holy Ghost and the wisdom of God's Holy preserved words. Am I special not among men

I don't interpret God's words seeing they are already clearly interpreted to English in the preserved word of God. I read them, study the context as they are preserved and believe them. If applicable I apply them to my life.

edit on 17-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You're quite delusional, you are constantly making accusations. You have little tolerance and call me a Gnostic just for admiring some ancient writings that quote the prophets, believe in the divinity of Jesus, show worship to his Father and correctly judge Yahweh as a demiurge. You have to be delusional, yesterday you said that because I said Jacob extorted a blessing from God (which he did) I was "pretexting scripture with my Opinion."

I hate to tell you, the word of God is far from perfectly preserved. You don't understand the bible because you read it in a form of English that was dead when it was used in the KJV. Get an NRSV and broaden your limited knowledge.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join