It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Release full unedited video of Finicum shooting

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

My mistake. I posted a link to the wrong letter. I agree that one was unprofessional.

The letter I meant to post

Aside from that I don't evaluate the Oathkeepers the way you did. I think there are many groups trying to keep the U.S. out of a civil war. I do think we have come close at least a few times in the last 12 years or so. Some trying to mitigate things are within government agencies and law enforcement, or are veterans, some are not. People are from all viewpoints and groups are trying to cool things down.

Thanks for the comment!

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

My mistake. I posted a link to the wrong letter. I agree that one was unprofessional.

The letter I meant to post

Aside from that I don't evaluate the Oathkeepers the way you did. I think there are many groups trying to keep the U.S. out of a civil war. I do think we have come close at least a few times in the last 12 years or so. Some trying to mitigate things are within government agencies and law enforcement, or are veterans, some are not. People are from all viewpoints and groups are trying to cool things down.

Thanks for the comment!

Stewart again threatens in his last paragraph. He could have phrased it differently for the same effect, but this letter is much better than the rabble-rouser special of the first link. Are these for internal consumption only or has this been posted somewhere for the general public to read?
My evaluation of the Oathkeepers is only based on their writings. One responder to the letter condemns Obama but seems to have forgotten that Dubya started unnecessary wars for his own personal pride and Cheney's finances, destabilized an entire region, nearly bankrupted the country, and sacrificed many of America's best. We didn't need Iraq-nam and the resulting ISIS problem. We didn't need to depose Kaddafi. Bush was the problem. Bush came up with the Patriot Act that does impinge on the Constitution. Barry has been handcuffed by Congress and is ineffectual because of it but is still being blamed for everything. The Oathkeepers seem blind to reality.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sean
Meanwhile, you have people like Hillary breaking the laws all day. When is the FBI going to arrest Hillary? Where is that law and order and duty now?

Now THAT part I'll agree with!!!!!!

Absolutely!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I don't see how the Bundy's and others can be held on this bogus charge they are claiming they broke, when they was actively exercising their constitutional rights. I would say it's the other way around the officers are impeding the constitution and not upholding their oath of office.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: sean

Because constitutional rights and breaking the law dont mix. A constitutional right does not grant blanket immunity to breaking a law.
edit on 2-2-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I dont think the police will ever let the public hear the sounds on that video.

My "opinion" is, I believe LaVoy was shot before he could do anything, and that is why the police will never release it.

It will prove with out a shadow of doubt they shot LaVoy in cold blood. The sounds in that video will incriminated the police, and outrage the public.

Someone will sue the government to try and get the sounds released.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Was anyone present with audio recording capability? Generally speaking state / local law enforcement are the ones with audio / video recording. The feds have it and its usually used during interrogations / wiretaps. Since they dont have consistent contact with the public like local police there is no reason to equip them with it.

If audio was taken bear in mind its still an ongoing investigation / situation and regardless of what people think, the investigation trumps the public's right to know everything.
edit on 2-2-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: sean

Because constitutional rights and breaking the law dont mix. A constitutional right does not grant blanket immunity to breaking a law.

I think you have a point - the Federal Government should no longer be given immunity when they break the law.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

If audio was taken bear in mind its still an ongoing investigation / situation and regardless of what people think, the investigation trumps the public's right to know everything.

I agree, I think the police will use this video for training purposes as well. I am sure someone on the ground has a film with sound, I don't think the police could pass up filming this event and probably in different angles with sound.

I bet some of these cops went back to the police department and celebrated while watching the video. Nothing surprises me anymore.
edit on 2-2-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Bush was the problem. Bush came up with the Patriot Act that does impinge on the Constitution. Barry has been handcuffed by Congress and is ineffectual because of it but is still being blamed for everything. The Oathkeepers seem blind to reality.

Do you really think Bush was capable of comming up With the Patriot Act? I dont.

Bush only gives the green light. THe US government spend about 200 billion dollars a year to make sure this happeneds.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

No you are wrong sir. In what way are they impeding & threatening law enforcement officers, or threatening anybody by driving to an official town meeting in another county invited by the elected sheriff there?? Therefore, the charge is bogus. What probable cause do they have to initially stop them? You have two eyewitness accounts that said they was shot at when they initially stopped. Wouldn't you flee too?

After they drove them into a ambush roadblock they killed one and tried to kill the others. If anything the law enforcement broke the laws. The officers clearly broke some civil rights and ultimately conspiracy to commit murder. That was a planned hit. Bird in the air, snipers in the tree's, Roadblocks ahead of them in the road. This was no routine stop. I seriously doubt LaVoy was armed at the time. Who goes to a town meeting armed? Even if he was armed in route he has that right. Things are starting to backfire on the law enforcement, if there ever was a real law enforcement there. Sheriff Ward failed to uphold his oath of office abandoned the people. They have a right to peaceful assembly for grievances against the government. Also, protected by the constitution which is the highest supreme law of the land. I would like them to see through their bogus code against the supreme court. That would be refreshing. We don't protect that doctrine under bulletproof glass for no reason. Use it's power in the supreme court and the rights of the people will prevail.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

Bottom line - can you prove he was going for a weapon? Are there evidence photos of him with a hung up semi auto pistol in his pocket?

The video of his death will continue to leave questions, since I don't think anyone can conclusively say he was reaching for a weapon. But, his motions were provocative enough to warrant a response from LE, in my opinion, especially considering his rhetoric. (I just wish LE would aim their shots to incapacitate, not kill people)(naive, I know).

I've been curious about claims that Mr. Finicum only carried on his right hip. Can anyone tell me what the black thing is (mid left torso), in this photo dated January 20th, 2016? Could it be the handgun he was reaching for, inside his jacket on the evening of his death?

image source

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Update:

Harney County Officer Involved Shooting Investigation Update
Deschutes Co. Sheriff's Office - 02/02/16 1:24 PM
The Deschutes County Sheriff's Office was asked by the Oregon State Police to lead the investigation into the officer involved shooting on January 26, 2016 in Harney County.

The Deschutes County Sheriff's Office reached out to agencies on the Tri-County Major Incident Team. Resources from The Bend Police Department, Redmond Police Department, and Oregon State Police provided resources for the Major Incident Team investigation (all are agencies from within Deschutes County).

The Deschutes County Sheriff's Office has received a number of requests for information and or release of evidence. At this time, we will not release any further information on the investigation.

"Our office continues to lead the Major Incident Team on the Harney county officer-involved shooting investigation. This is an on-going investigation and in order to maintain its integrity, no further information will be released until a thorough investigation and review is completed by Malheur County District Attorney, Dan Norris," stated Sheriff L. Shane Nelson, Deschutes County Sheriff's Office.

Malheur County District Attorney Dan Norris stated, "All pertinent reports will be released to the public when the investigation is complete." These investigations take a considerable amount of time. It is expected to be at least 4 to 6 weeks before this information is likely to be released. Any updates or release of information will be released through www.flashalertbend.net.

The Tri-County Major Incident Team is comprised of members of law enforcement from the Deschutes, Crook and Jefferson County Sheriff's Offices and District Attorneys; the Bend, Redmond, Prineville, Madras, Black Butte Ranch, Sunriver and Warm Spring Police Departments and the Oregon State Police. The purpose of the Tri-County Major Incident Team is to allow agencies access to additional investigative resources during major incidents.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Can anyone tell me what the black thing is (mid left torso), in this photo

Why, it appears to be a hand gun in a shoulder holster. Here's a few for you:
Can you tell me why all reports of the alleged weapon he was allegedly carrying claim it was found in his pocket? Why wasn't it found in it's holster? Did we hear anything about a holster? Why would someone who is obviously so used to carrying his weapons properly suddenly decide to just carry it around in his pocket?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD
a reply to: Olivine

Can anyone tell me what the black thing is (mid left torso), in this photo

Why, it appears to be a hand gun in a shoulder holster. Here's a few for you:
Can you tell me why all reports of the alleged weapon he was allegedly carrying claim it was found in his pocket? Why wasn't it found in it's holster? Did we hear anything about a holster? Why would someone who is obviously so used to carrying his weapons properly suddenly decide to just carry it around in his pocket?

Cold and wearing a coat would be my guess. I know I don't wear a holster on the outside of my coat.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
I wouldn't wear it outside my coat either. What would prevent him from wearing it properly as in the picture?

edit on 2/2/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: clarity

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The cop that came up from behind the truck was the first to shoot him. Then he brought he hands down to check his wound. Thats when the creaper cop on the woods shot him.

I dont know what you people are see that say he went for a gun and thats why he was shot. He was shot by the cop on the passanger side of Levoy's truck.

They left his body in the snow for quite some time then they all started getting interested ince the other passangers were out of view on the other side of the truck. They wernt there to help him, they wernt there to bag him...

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
The cop that came up from behind the truck was the first to shoot him. Then he brought he hands down to check his wound. Thats when the creaper cop on the woods shot him.

I dont know what you people are see that say he went for a gun and thats why he was shot. He was shot by the cop on the passanger side of Levoy's truck.

They left his body in the snow for quite some time then they all started getting interested ince the other passangers were out of view on the other side of the truck. They wernt there to help him, they wernt there to bag him...

Nice theory but the video doean bear that out. In fact posted a link earlier they enlarged it and its hi def. You can see exactly what he's doing.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Nice theory but the video doean bear that out. In fact posted a link earlier they enlarged it and its hi def. You can see exactly what he's doing.

There is no hi def video, it's only enhanced and it still shows the cops murdering Finicum... nothing possibly could be different in the enhanced video. It clearly shows the cops charging Finicum with guns a blazing....
edit on 2-2-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

You can blow up a high res picture to the size of the moon, but your not going to get anymore pixels. I have seen the hi res video, that is where I saw what I saw. The cop that was on the passanger side of Levoy's truck (possibly pissed off that his fellow cop was nearly hit by Levoy) came out from behind the vehicle gun pointed at exactly where levoy was reaching for a second later - which was a gun shot wound. Plus when a the creaper in the woods ahot he dropped almost instantly. Its not too often you see a guy drop to the ground 1 second after being git by bullet from a service pistol. The reason he fell so wuick is because he was already shot.

What were all those cops doing next to the body 10 min later. EMT didnt suddenly show up? What was the interest with the body?
edit on pTue, 02 Feb 2016 21:36:17 -06002016 017Tue, 02 Feb 2016 21:36:17 -0600pmAmerica/ChicagoTuesday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join