It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Release full unedited video of Finicum shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just my 2 cents. He got out with his arms up, and since there's no audio, it's possible the officer told.him to lose the weapon and when he tried, he lost his footing. They took that as a threatening maneuver and opened fire.

+8 more 
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

That's what I was thinking. I see a man charging out of his truck after running from the authorities. He has his hands up at first, then reaches for something, fumbling to get it, and then is shot. People have been shot for much less while unarmed.

He should have never ran and never gotten out of the truck. He stated he would do just this if they tried to arrest him. Yet, some believe he was murdered on his knees in cold blood. Oh the ignorance.

A 12 year old black boy with a toy guy is gunned down without even a word spoken to him and some describe him a thug. This man is armed, threatened violence against authorities, ran from them, was reaching for something, is killed, and people cry foul.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid
Your theory is plausible but it would be nice if someone could confirm it's standard for this in regards to time ?

There probably isn't a standard. Different agencies may have different practices in play. It would most likely vary off the equipment and settings too. And since it isn't clear which agency the footage actually came from, who's to say what practices they have in place.

I suppose if you could find which agency took the film you could call their airwing and inquire. But aside from someone going through all that, I'm sticking with Occam's razor and saying it's UTC.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Bleh... its late.

Nevermind.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It is also crystal clear that the earlier reports that he was on his knees and hands up are not true. The moment he pulled away from the traffic stop, he turned an easy arrest and an eventual easy day in court into something more serious, felonies upon felonies do not help your case.

He jumped out of the vehicle and since we do not know what orders he was be given we will most likely never know exactly what went wrong other than a bunch of misguided guys with weapons taking over a Federal building. However we do know for certain that he was never on his knees with his hands up as so many insisted early on in this thing.

I could be mistaken but are we sure this is a helicopter ? Maybe some type of drone aircraft.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
According to this:
www.fbi.gov... tional-wildlife-refuge

It's a plane.
"The FBI did have a plane in the air, and what I am about to show you is a video from that plane. A couple of notes about the video before we watch it".

link   
a reply to: troyof69

Oh I doubt the officers would tell him to lose the weapon because I'm sure they don't want him to touch the weapon at all. They would tell him to keep his hands up and not to move while they get to disarm him.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: blujack21
a reply to: Discotech

He was surrounded by troopers he would have better luck if they had been FBI agents. Think they have much better training. Police will shoot you dead even if you give an appearance of reaching for something, hence the hands up. Never put them down. Don't give them a reason. He was not smart.

Yea and it has been my experience that state troopers are much more no nonsense and terminate a situation much quicker than any others might. If he was surrounded by troopers and they thought anyone was in danger, well that's a wrap.
edit on 28/1/16 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I understand that they don't have a large fleet compared to what police forces have, I'm just surprised they record in UTC, also don't understand why they've classified the other info on the screen though, it's just telemetrics from the helicopter so why the need to censor it ?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

From the link that kaskad posted here in this comment.

At approximately 4:25 pm on Tuesday, January 26, 2016, FBI and OSP began a law enforcement action to bring into custody the people riding in two separate vehicles as they traveled between Burns and John Day.

My emphasis. That pretty much confirms the time being in UTC.
edit on 1/28/2016 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing typo.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: troyof69
Just my 2 cents. He got out with his arms up, and since there's no audio, it's possible the officer told.him to lose the weapon and when he tried, he lost his footing. They took that as a threatening maneuver and opened fire.

Ya no way they would tell him to lose a weapon that wasn't already in his hand.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You don't even know for sure if the video is genuine.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I'm also wondering why that officer jumped out in front of a speeding vehicle last second like he wanted to get hit by it

It was a flight response. He thought the truck was going to smash into the road block and was attempting to jump out of the way, not into the path of the truck.

Also why did they need to shoot that much into the vehicle after flashbangs.

Were exactly do you see them "shooting into the vehicle" a bunch of times after the flash bangs are going off?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
In my personal opinion I see suicide by cop. Why did no one else get out of the car? Because that's what you do in the event you're pulled over. You stay in the car unless ordered otherwise. You also don't start moving towards the police unless ordered to do so. Doing either of these things will immediately make you look like a threat. He knew this and he also knew what kind of reaction he would elicit if he reached for something.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Sounds like it was an FBI plane, which would make sense for the UTC timestamp. They're a nationwide agency, so it keeps it simple for everyone.

The other telemetry is properly censored because it could give away what the cameras other modes and capabilities are. These are used for all sorts of things, from situations like these to border patrol to gathering data around mosques.

If the people they're potentially surveilling know how and what the FBI uses and does gathers its data, they can better equip themselves to circumvent these capabilities.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm betting the pistol was in his coat pocket.
From the looks of it, it was hung a bit on the pocket itself. It appears he was attempting to use one hand to grab it, the other to free it.

More than likely, hung on the sights.
I've carried in a coat pocket while hunting a few times and even when not trying to hurry and being panicked they can get hung and can be a pain in the a** to get back out.

Guy got himself shot, no sympathy from me.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I am just going on what I saw in the video and trying to block out the early accounts. I don't have audio unfortunately so you lose out on the main focal point. When the shooting starts is what I can not tell and without that the video doesn't clear a damn thing up to me. Just shows a guy dying in the snow and a jeep that somehow keeps on backing out...while being blasted by many rounds and is flashbanged as well which to me is LOL worthy. It's like watching 12yo kids play call of duty...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I agree as well now, doesn't hurt to question try and gain some more facts first though I did hear on one of the youtubers it was a drone ? Doesn't really matter though what it was recording it now, just wish they would have tagged it as UTC or used local time + UTC to simplify things and not get me asking questions.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It can, however, be said for certain that you are not genuine.

Just saying....

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Sremmos80

You don't even know for sure if the video is genuine.

Never ceases to amaze me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join