It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Release full unedited video of Finicum shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Another oddity.

Usually after they shoot a suspect, don't they go right afterwards and frisk and get any weapons out of the way?

Highly Suspicious "standard procedure".

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

Hardly crystal clear, you speak of it as if that is the fact of the matter.

I could say that he saw the cops with the guns pointed at him and decided he wanted to try and get his shot off. Looks just as 'crystal' clear to me.

So, is that why he swerved to miss the road block instead of crashing through it and killing all of them in one fell swoop?

link   
a reply to: RickyD

Not to be a dick...so I hope you don't take it that way, but it may sound harsh. You seem to have your mind made up based on your own experiences.

Meh, I have a thick skin and could care less if something comes off sounding like someone is being an ass on the internet. LOL
None taken.

To your question, honestly, I didn't have my mind made up before watching the video. I'd been waiting on it's release because I knew they'd put it out soon to put to rest some of the more ludicrous lies like the "hundreds of shots" garbage the Bundy camp were spewing (btw...I was a supporter of the Bundy ilk during their stand. I'm rethinking that one now..lol)

It's just very clear to me that he was reaching for a gun and it just so happens that he had said gun. Heck, I was certain he had a gun before I even watched the video or read that the FBI said he was packing. These guys are dumb, but they weren't THAT dumb. No way they'd leave that compound without packing, no way in hell.
It's also clear, by his own words, that Finicum had no intention on going to prison and this is what he said he would do. I mean, did people not believe these guys or what?

1) isn't it standard procedure for LEOs to aim point mass?

Yes, but given the snow they were sinking up in it's possible he did aim center mass and since he was moving that's where the bullet traveled. It's also possible he just went for the head shot. He might have thought Finicum got the gun freed that last time round and sometimes a shot or two center mass isn't going to put an instant stop to a guy shooting back. Idk, can't really answer that, I don't know what the cop was think, nor if he was doing as much thinking as working off muscle memory.

why are you so sure he would buckle?

I'm not certain necessarily. I said it's a general reaction. His arms aren't really giving the involuntary "ugh I just took a round in the stomach" response....he's action have intent behind them...You can even see him tugging at the coat. Like I said, the gun was hung in the coat pocket, though I cannot be certain if it was the left or right pocket because he's using both hands. If I had to guess, the gun was in the right pocket and his left hand was being used to try to free it up, but it could be the opposite way around.

the bullet could pass through pretty easily and not drop a metric f#^* ton of foce into him. The 5.56 comes to mind here.

Absolutely, a round could do that.
But I'd imagine they were using hollow point rounds. I could be wrong on that. Maybe some LEO types could chime in on that one as they'd know more about what rounds would be used in a situation like this. I mean, they had to suspect it possible these guys had a bit of low level body armor. I would, anyways.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That guy hiding in the woods couldn't hit the broadside of barn, so he goes up close behind him and shoots him..
sick....

edit on 28-1-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Not if they don't know who may still be in the vehicle.
Not if they're pretty sure the person is dead.

edit on 1/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

You are one of the last people to be talking about how "We" should conduct ourselves on ATS, thank you very much. You speak for yourself.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Ever heard of WACO?
Pretty sure that, and the fall out from the public about that is the reason they didn't just go to the "compound" to retrieve guys who said they would shoot if it came to attempted arrests of them at said "compound".

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Proper police procedure would not be walking up to the vehicle and/or surrounding it.

It was a felony traffic stop.

Proper procedure would involve the Officers/Agents standing behind cover and calling one occupant out at a time.
edit on 28-1-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

link   

Not with 3 other people in a car next to it.

link   
a reply to: imitator

You know, watching it we can clearly see he IS reaching for something

But without sound it's entirely plausible to imagine he gets out of the car hands up, struggles for a bit in the snow, one rambo cop shoots, which causes him to reach for his gun and end up dead.

Maybe they fired a warning shot at him ?
Maybe they fired at him but missed with the intention of getting him to draw any concealed hand gun ?
Maybe one of the cops accidentally fired a shot ?

It just seems strange that Finicum comes out hands up and then afterwards decides to go for his gun instead of just coming out shooting

Without any audio it's incredibly difficult to put the pieces together

Not to mention those 2 cops closest to him either side are incredibly stupid for getting into a crossfire position, they could have shot each other

link   
a reply to: Phage

I get the feeling they knew who was in the truck, the police knew they were on their way to a public meeting.

At the first stop they saw everyone in the truck and I believe they knew who was drive the truck.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Hardly crystal clear, you speak of it as if that is the fact of the matter.

I could say that he saw the cops with the guns pointed at him and decided he wanted to try and get his shot off. Looks just as 'crystal' clear to me.

So, is that why he swerved to miss the road block instead of crashing through it and killing all of them in one fell swoop?

Good question, I can't answer that. Is that suppose to mean that since he didn't do that he couldn't possibly want to do harm to officers?
Or that he would have rather tired to get around them but when he failed he was now backed into a corner.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Perhaps it would have been better for me to say; not until they knew any potential threat from the vehicle had been neutralized.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Another oddity.

Usually after they shoot a suspect, don't they go right afterwards and frisk and get any weapons out of the way?

Highly Suspicious "standard procedure".

Not when there are other suspects still in a vehicle right next to the shot individual. The entire scene would be cleared and until that occurs no one is going to go within range of the other individuals who have yet to be taken into custody. These guys made it very clear to everyone they were carrying firearms.
edit on 1/28/2016 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Ever heard of WACO?
Pretty sure that, and the fall out from the public about that is the reason they didn't just go to the "compound" to retrieve guys who said they would shoot if it came to attempted arrests of them at said "compound".

Yes I know all about it, however this was a traffic stop. You cannot compare WACO to this.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

It just seems strange that Finicum comes out hands up and then afterwards decides to go for his gun instead of just coming out shooting

I've seen too many videos where subjects do just that before drawing.
Trying to get a jump when the cops already have the drop. Hoping they can get that extra second by "relaxing" the cops.

There is a ton of video out there showing them do that exact thing....and at times, sadly, it has worked (and not in the cops favor)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: Jakal26

Hard to ignore those of you who flood these threads with this insanely speculative garbage when the truth is right before your eyes. You use your mob mentality to stifle any rational conversation about this stuff and any valid questions people might have are covered up by this "staged", "faked", "it's all a lie" crap some of you feed on, like flies on sh*t.

I would like to remind you that you are on a conspiracy website.

Everyone's "opinions" are welcome here.

Not everyone see's things with your views all the time.

ATS is a place that welcomes everyone "opinions" on all topics, this is how we are able to debunk many issues on this site.

We ask questions here. We tear into a conspiracy to get to the truth. we have to look at all sides of a story.

We do not just take some one word without looking into it first.

I don't know, you were practically convinced last night that he was shot in the back of the head execution style while on his knees with his hands up.

It didn't seem like you were "tearing" into a conspiracy then.

It sure seemed like you had tried and convicted law enforcement based off of stories from Lavoy supporters.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Perhaps it would have been better for me to say; not until they knew any potential threat from the vehicle had been neutralized.

I can agree with that.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

What are you even talking about?
Go back and read what I was responding to...from you.

You asked why they didn't just "go to the compound" and get these guys.

I give you that answer...and then you start talking about the stop again.

Do you even remember what you type?
WTH?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Not to mention those 2 cops closest to him either side are incredibly stupid for getting into a crossfire position, they could have shot each other

Tactical stupidity on those two.... To me it appears they where charging him guns a blazing, that is what caused him to drop his hands,,,,

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join