It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am in utter disbelief that this 'Flat-Earth' nonsense has gained some attention

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think that ATS Should ask for proof of age and display it with their avatar.. That way we don't have to reply to these threads that are from children who obviously Haven't had an education yet..

Some of the claims for flat earth make me cringe and i think what on earth will our future be like with these people in charge. I hate to think.

Stop falling for the bait people. they will soon grow up and be embarrassed by the things they put on here...

It really saddens me to think people actually believe that the earth is flat..

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Actually the second picture...is that W.A.L.L.E ?

Because that is pretty prophetic, as E.M Forster wrote a short story called "The Machine Stops" great story, was written way before the age of the couch potato, predicting the sedimentary lifestyle when life is aitomated.

Have no idea what the first pic is, so I will defer to your analysis for that one.

LoL yess thats Wall-E and Idiocracy!

We have plunged into the abyss

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: solargeddon

It's actually quite funny. It's a tongue in cheek look at a "what if" future.

Basically, imagine if everyone's education was adverts and YouTube. Then you'll get the gist of the film lol.

No it USE to be funny........now its depressing........lol

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

a reply to: FlatBastard

The altitude is somewhere between 1ft and 1,000,000ft.

So no explanation of Polaris? Typical FE'r having to ignore things for their bs to work.

Back from holidays, i hope all of you had a great time.

Happy new years everyone!!

What about polaris teddy?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jon1

That's not right, your asking for control of information through identification? I fracking knew there was some thought police all about the internet.
For crying out loud are human beings not allowed to exercise their minds, and seek their true potential that evolve from natural sensations, experience, observations and thoughts?

What makes all these calculations and mathematical equations true? Do people sending rockets and resources into space make humanity better? Why put all this faith and wealth into the hands of a few, veterans, the sick, earth it self and our pure survival depends on us figuring out a way to make this land work for all of us.

A flat earth is not sad, it asks serious questions, which as humanity we are responsible for. Why not use the wealth for research into renewable energy, natural medicines, sustainable living practices, and sustainable agriculture? This is a serious issue. We all pay for some people to put on a good show, instead of pay attention to real issues.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NNN87

Polaris, AKA the North Star, AKA 1 Ursae Minoris. A part of the Ursa Minor constellation.

It's the star we can see and use as a direction. North.

When you travel South, the North Star gets lower in the sky until it goes below the horizon.

You can also do the opposite with the Southern Cross. Travel North and it will eventually go below the horizon.

Also, if you face the North Star, you're facing NORTH. If you're facing the Southern Cross, you're facing SOUTH.

All of those should be impossible on a flat earth. That means flat earth fails. AGAIN
edit on 212017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: NNN87
What makes all these calculations and mathematical equations true? Do people sending rockets and resources into space make humanity better?

Yes, yes they do. With every lift off, we learn more, we advance more and expand more.

Why put all this faith and wealth into the hands of a few, veterans, the sick, earth it self and our pure survival depends on us figuring out a way to make this land work for all of us.

Simple - science. THAT is and will be our only 'salvation'. It will be the only way we move forward as a species, provide clean, safe, renewable energy that will in turn allow more complex, power-consuming technologies to emerge which in turn better our species.

A flat earth is not sad, it asks serious questions

No. It doesn't. Not when we learned a long time ago the earth is indeed round(ish) and we have HUNDREDS of 4k videos, photos and first hand accounts of people in space watching the earth rotate.

Why not use the wealth for research into renewable energy, natural medicines, sustainable living practices, and sustainable agriculture? This is a serious issue. We all pay for some people to put on a good show, instead of pay attention to real issues.

And those 'real issues' will only be solved by advancements in science and technology. Not tree hugging or worshiping some faceless deity in the sky. We need to get off this planet and travel outwards. Our evolution as a species shows we do not sit and settle for long. We move and migrate. In my opinion, it is paramount we continue our space programs along with current science and tech to accomplish this.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Polaris, AKA the North Star, AKA 1 Ursae Minoris. A part of the Ursa Minor constellation.

When you travel South, the North Star gets lower in the sky until it goes below the horizon.

You can also do the opposite with the Southern Cross. Travel North and it will eventually go below the horizon.

Also, if you face the North Star, you're facing NORTH. If you're facing the Southern Cross, you're facing SOUTH.

All of those should be impossible on a flat earth. That means flat earth fails. AGAIN

Would you mind explaining how that visual phenomena would not work on a flat surface? I mean we did discuss this already, perspective.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

So your answer is that we should have blind faith like religious people do towards their bible and deities, we should do the same in the name of science?

See, i even said that science is a new type of religion, you can't even name how space travel actually helps anyone on this earth.

What you are implying is that we should protect and worship machines over nature? I just can't see how being aware of nature or even being a tree hugger so you call some, is bad for humanity? Not all science is bad but this space thing and globe earth is just silly.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Would you mind explaining how that visual phenomena would not work on a flat surface? I mean we did discuss this already, perspective.

Are you joking?

If the spheroid earth was flat, you couldn't have a single North or South (just look at ANY of the flat earth maps).

So, care to explain how it could work? Or are you just going to dodge this like the rest of the FE people?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Are you joking?

If the spheroid earth was flat, you couldn't have a single North or South (just look at ANY of the flat earth maps).

So, care to explain how it could work? Or are you just going to dodge this like the rest of the FE people?

We went through this so many times, are you being serious?

Look at the Equidistant projection, north pole is the center NORTH, and all other directions like south for example, would be everywhere opposite of north.

We discussed this, why you keep going back to the same thing we have already talked about.

Also, its not the spheroid earth being flat, its a flat surface that has nothing to do with the spheroid model, you continue to compare apples to oranges.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

"All other directions are South" really?!

So explain how, whenever you look at the Southern Cross, is South and all other directions aren't.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
one of my friends believes the earth is round. i give him props for doing so. he also said, 'they lie to us about everything...'

once he said that, i had to admit 'they' do lie to us about everything.

but if you ever watch a boat sail away, you can see the earth is round lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

So explain how, whenever you look at the Southern Cross, is South and all other directions aren't.

Well if your compass is pointing north, then the opposite direction is south, am i really explaining this to you? A compass does not seek south, east or west, those directions are a consequence of north being the reference. As i said, look at an equidistant projection, south would still be Antarctica but its the ''outer rim'' so to say and north is the center.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
one of my friends believes the earth is round. i give him props for doing so. he also said, 'they lie to us about everything...'

Again, if you were to use binoculars after seeing the boat go ''over'' the horizon with your own eyes, you can still see the boat, and in clear days a horizon beyond the supposed curvature, how can that be on a globe, its silly.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Well if your compass is pointing north, then the opposite direction is south, am i really explaining this to you? A compass does not seek south, east or west, those directions are a consequence of north being the reference. As i said, look at an equidistant projection, south would still be Antarctica but its the ''outer rim'' so to say and north is the center.

So, by your reckoning, the Southern Cross is everywhere?

Funny how the North Star and Southern Cross is another nail in the FE coffin, yet FE folk still believe it. I'm not going to say what that says about FE'rs.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna

Again, if you were to use binoculars after seeing the boat go ''over'' the horizon with your own eyes, you can still see the boat, and in clear days a horizon beyond the supposed curvature, how can that be on a globe, its silly.

Already been discussed, but you ignored it and said it's "perception". That's all FE'rs do. Ignore anything that contradicts their special little religion.

This flat earth stuff is nothing more than a joke. It has zero legs to stand on, yet there are morons who think it's real!

LOL
edit on 312017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Did I miss the explanation as to why if our earth is flat, why the other planets that anyone with a telescope can see would be spherical?

I'm pretty blown away too that this is even a thing, but from our toilet's flushing to gravity to even bird migration give many holes into a flatearth concept.

I dunno really, we have complete freewill to go out and do experiments, yet I don't see any experiments that are compelling to support the concept.

What would be the reasoning as to lying about the earth being round?

edit on 3-1-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: I added a 3rd dimension to my post, was seeming a bit flat to me.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

So, by your reckoning, the Southern Cross is everywhere?

Funny how the North Star and Southern Cross is another nail in the FE coffin, yet FE folk still believe it. I'm not going to say what that says about FE'rs.

What do you mean by everywhere? Its exactly where it is no matter the shape, opposite of north. Everywhere? Wtf?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
Did I miss the explanation as to why if our earth is flat, why the other planets that anyone with a telescope can see would be spherical?

I'm pretty blown away too that this is even a thing, but from our toilet's flushing to gravity to even bird migration give many holes into a flatearth concept.

I dunno really, we have complete freewill to go out and do experiments, yet I don't see any experiments that are compelling to support the concept.

What would be the reasoning as to lying about the earth being round?

Toilets flushing due to the shape of earth is a myth: it all depends on shape and design of the toilet bowl or sink.

Again, on a flat surface nobody needs gravity, migrations literally can work on any shape or surface.

Money money money, can i get a MONEY MONEY MONEY!!

Oh and other ''planets'' are just circle lights in the sky, can't really walk on one and know for sure can we now.
edit on 3-1-2017 by NNN87 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join