It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Immigration And Welfare. Shocking Video & Research Via Stefan Molyneux.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That view is consistent with the epigenetic effects as described in his r/K selection theory.

Not sure that I would agree with it being a panacea but, it couldn't hurt to be nice to children.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Have you researched this person, what he believes, what his history is, etc.

I actually agree with some things he says, stands for but, really?

A Voice for Men: Molyneux was a panelist at a 2014 Detroit conference held by the men's rights movement and manosphere organization, A Voice for Men. According to Jessica Roy of Time Magazine Molyneux argued that violence in the world is the result of how women treat their children, and that "If we could just get people to be nice to their babies for five years straight, that would be it for war, drug abuse, addiction, promiscuity, sexually transmitted diseases, ... Almost all would be completely eliminated, because they all arise from dysfunctional early childhood experiences, which are all run by women.”[51] en.wikipedia.org...

(yes, I know its wiki and an opinion.)

I really wasn't aware I had to agree with a person's every word to post a video by them...on a completely different subject.

But thank you for reminding me. Learning LOADS here.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

A Voice for Men: Molyneux was a panelist at a 2014 Detroit conference held by the men's rights movement and manosphere organization, A Voice for Men. According to Jessica Roy of Time Magazine Molyneux argued that violence in the world is the result of how women treat their children, and that "If we could just get people to be nice to their babies for five years straight, that would be it for war, drug abuse, addiction, promiscuity, sexually transmitted diseases, ... Almost all would be completely eliminated, because they all arise from dysfunctional early childhood experiences, which are all run by women.”[51] en.wikipedia.org...

I really wasn't aware I had to agree with a person's every word to post a video by them...on a completely different subject.

I did not make a demand. I simply asked.

I've always found it a good idea, and enlightening to know the history, perspective, etc of any person promoting an idea.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I've always found it a good idea, and enlightening to know the history, perspective, etc of any person promoting an idea.

He could believe that sticking licorice up his rear end cured HIV.

I posted a video...I'm not his talent agent

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

That view is consistent with the epigenetic effects as described in his r/K selection theory.

Not sure that I would agree with it being a panacea but, it couldn't hurt to be nice to children.

Personally, I've found men raised by women (without a father) tend to be more compassionate.

I do agree with FOO. I'm not one who thinks you owe anyone for being born.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Whatever dude. Your choice.

You apparently found something that agrees with your thinking.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Personally, I've found men raised by women (without a father) tend to be more compassionate.

That observation is also consistent with r/K. He describes men who are raised by single mothers as being more feminine but, for the purposes of this conversation, I will accept compassionate and tend to agree.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Whatever dude. Your choice.

You apparently found something that agrees with your thinking.

Yes, my opposition to welfare benefits going to Illegal Immigrants and discussing the negative impact of post 1965 Immigration policy on our nation...definitely agrees with my 'thinking'

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

That observation is also consistent with r/K. He describes men who are raised by single mothers as being more feminine but, for the purposes of this conversation, I will accept compassionate and tend to agree.

When someone calls men feminine, I think it says more about them then who they are referring to.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Didn't you say that men raised by single women are more compassionate?

Therefore, I thought you were attributing that quality to the feminine upbringing.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Didn't you say that men raised by single women are more compassionate?

Therefore, I thought you were attributing that quality to the feminine upbringing.

I meant men who refer to other men as feminine, rather then compassionate - - - says more about the man who is referring to other men as feminine.

Compassion and effeminate/feminine are not the same thing.

I am very attracted to "manly" men who are compassionate. Seriously, like a "neanderthal teddy bear". Definitely nothing I would consider feminine.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

That makes perfect sense.

What he was getting at is that although 'r' selected reproducers are less loyal to their in group, their distaste for 'K' selected mates is consistently accentuated.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yo, can you guys take your thread derail somewhere else? Not to wreck your party but it's disrespectful

You may not think my thread is worth a damn, but I do

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yo, can you guys take your thread derail somewhere else? Not to wreck your party but it's disrespectful

Trying to get a better understanding of the guy who produced the video is off topic?

I get it. You're anti immigration and want to keep the focus on that.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Successful family structure is important.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Just responding directly to the ad hominem attack on the author of your content.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Yes immigrants per se are a good thing. People self selecting to live with neighbors whom they fit in with.

A border, or nation state, should not be the default arrangement of law and society.

But like social security, the border is something we have all paid for in restriction and money. Right now the US political system is suffering from an excess of "r". Illegals are mostly "r".

Probably too late to avert the mindless apocalypse anyway.

Found a short book

The Revolution Was by Garret Garrett

It describes the New Deal as a coup d'état. It fits on one web page, I guess 20ish printed pages.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Dismissing evidence because you don't like its conclusions?
Bit immature, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Godabove09
a reply to: chr0naut

Dismissing evidence because you don't like its conclusions?
Bit immature, isn't it?

I can choose with what, and whom, I associate. All mature people do. It is our prerogative.

Since the video is produced by an outspoken bigot, it may not convey the truth.

Many reliable and highly regarded analysts have reviewed the figures from the same sources and drawn opposite conclusions.

edit on 6/2/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join