It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Immigration And Welfare. Shocking Video & Research Via Stefan Molyneux.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Semicollegiate

So he sources all that?

That immigrants use more welfare in the only possible conclusion from the data.

Or the only one he and others want to conclude from it.

It is possible that the stats are inflated for future funding purposes.

However the relative differences are so great that it is hard to believe that there is no truth in them.

The chart makers claim to use US Census data.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I can't seem to find any numbers for welfare dollars for immigrants vs natives on that site.

But I guess it means that immigration should be stopped because immigrants are more dependant upon it than natives? Or is it that welfare should be stopped? Or just welfare for immigrants?

edit on 1/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I can't seem to find any numbers for welfare dollars for immigrants vs natives on that site.

But I guess it means that immigration should be stopped because immigrants are more dependant upon it than natives? Or is that that welfare should be stopped? Or just welfare for immigrants?

1) Dunno what site you're referring to
2) Correct
3) Maybe we should look into it more.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Census keeps track of who uses the most welfare in their lifetime?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain
1) The one you linked.
2) Immigration should be stopped? Ok. That would fix it, for sure. Then natives would be using all the welfare.
3) Welfare too. Ok. That would fix it, for sure.

It must be nice to live in a simple little world where correlation always = causation.

I thought reactionaries were a thing of the past. But yes, as you said, we are all immigrants.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

But I guess it means that immigration should be stopped because immigrants are more dependant upon it than natives? Or is it that welfare should be stopped? Or just welfare for immigrants?

Immigration should be stopped because the current, since 1964, composition of immigrants collect more welfare at every stage of their lives than citizens born in the USA.

I remember a noble wish to bring the world up to the standards of material wealth that the USA enjoys. Sometime in the 1990's it was stated in the collectivist media that the only way to bring the world up to the USA's standard is to lower the USA's standard.

About that time Kyoto Climate arrogance and Agenda 21 totalitarianism and Ruby Ridge and Waco happened.

Immigration is so obviously detrimental to the economy that crimes against the state are in order.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

1) The one you linked.
2) Immigration should be stopped? Ok. That would fix it, for sure. Then natives would be using all the welfare.
3) Welfare too. Ok. That would fix it, for sure.

It must be nice to live in a simple little world where correlation always = causation.

I thought reactionaries were a thing of the past. But yes, as you said, we are all immigrants.

1) Immigration should be stopped? Argumentative. Illegal Immigration? By all means.
2) Welfare to Illegal Immigrants? Yes
3) The video was demonstrating the HIGHER use of "Walfare" (benefits at cost of TAXPAYER dollars)
4) The report referenced the video, as stated, did NOT differentiate between Illegal vs. Legal. It is about IMMIGRATION, which is a vague phrase used by Governmental agencies.

Your calling me a 'reactionary' is useless.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Census keeps track of who uses the most welfare in their lifetime?

Last I heard some of the census forms ask things like

How many faucets in your home?

How many guns?

How many TV's?

How many wage earners?

There is a long census form and a shorter one.

Long census forms ask about income.

Long Census Form 2000

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Immigration should be stopped because the current, since 1964, composition of immigrants collect more welfare at every stage of their lives than citizens born in the USA.
So what? Immigrants are citizens. Deserving of the same rights as every US citizen.

Immigration is so obviously detrimental to the economy that crimes against the state are in order.
What?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

So what? Immigrants are citizens. Deserving of the same rights as every US citizen.

What?

And the video is positing the QUALITY of Immigrants, where they are from, the Demogrpahics.

Did you watch the video or are you just shooting from the hip....you know...like a "Reactionary"

???

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

4) The report referenced the video, as stated, did NOT differentiate between Illegal vs. Legal. It is about IMMIGRATION, which is a vague phrase used by Governmental agencies.

Actually the report does differentiate. But I guess you didn't bother to read it.

And the video is positing the QUALITY of Immigrants, where they are from, the Demogrpahics.
Ah. And of course, the youtuber is the arbiter of quality.

Did you watch the video or are you just shooting from the hip....you know...like a "Reactionary"
I looked at the report. And I actually know what reactionary means.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Immigrants cost more than they contribute to the economy. Immigrants who get money from the government are going to support the government no matter what.

Self evident actually.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Actually the report does differentiate. But I guess you didn't bother to read it.

Ah. And of course, the youtuber is the arbiter of quality.

I looked at the report. And I actually know what reactionary means.

Is there something you would like to refute or argue?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
My argument is that the claim that immigration is bad for the country based upon the claim that immigrants use a disproportionate level of public assistance is flawed.

The youtuber is a reactionary racist who uses a biased report which cherry picks data to support his position.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
My mistake. I just saw where the study compared BOTH Illegal Immigrants AND Legal ones.

Which bolsters my case MORE.

Thank you Phage...for your diligence.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I just saw where the study compared BOTH Illegal Immigrants AND Legal ones.

You mean you just saw the study.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I just saw where the study compared BOTH Illegal Immigrants AND Legal ones.

You mean you just saw the study.

Which means I just reread the SMALL Print in the intro.

Thank You Phage.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Which means I just reread the SMALL Print in the intro.

Which means you haven't read the study.
I wouldn't expect more. From a reactionary.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

My argument is that the claim that immigration is bad for the country based upon the claim that immigrants use a disproportionate level of public assistance is flawed.

The youtuber is a reactionary racist who uses a biased report which cherry picks data to support his position.

"Reactionary Racist"

This is getting deeper and deeper for you Phage. He went from "stupid" to "Racist" now.

Will the term "Hitler" come soon?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Will the term "Hitler" come soon?

No.
But tell me, upon what does he base his assessment of "quality?"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join