It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient conspiracy: Tower of Babel

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75The difference is it was YHWH not El Elyon who was behind the Babel Scattering of the people and confusion of tongues. El Elyon in Deuteronomy gives as an inheritance to YHWH, the Israelites. So as you said, the creator of the world you associated the phrase with YHWH and that is significant. Maybe you just thought I wouldn't catch it but LORD=YHWH God=Elohim( an issue I don't even want to get into) and the Most High=El Elyon in English bibles. What are the doctrines of a Trinitarian?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

What are the doctrines of a Trinitarian?

Short answer?
Father, Son, Holy Spirit = 1 God

They are three distinct persons all eternal and all God

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75My propsed metaphor was a collection of knowledge of all the inhabitants that gave them, in some way, the ability to threaten YHWH. They couldn't very well implement their plans if they couldn't communicate. Every sentence has meaning. Build a tower to reach the heavens? They were figuring out how to enter Heaven. If you have anything better I'd like to hear it.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75How does that mesh with the knowledge that YHWH is not the Most High God? And henotheism in your ancestors past? Or make you different than any other church?

edit on 30-1-2016 by areyousirius360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75
And how do 3 Gods become one God. It defies math unless they are always one how can they be 3. And if there's only 1 God which one is it? If not you have 3 Gods and 3 can never be one unless they are always one. Do you see how mad that sounds?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
a reply to: Punisher75My propsed metaphor was a collection of knowledge of all the inhabitants that gave them, in some way, the ability to threaten YHWH. They couldn't very well implement their plans if they couldn't communicate. Every sentence has meaning. Build a tower to reach the heavens? They were figuring out how to enter Heaven. If you have anything better I'd like to hear it.

Well I posted my Idea, already it was basically
Reach unto the heavens = poetic language for "Big".

For example ever hear the phrase "Reach for the Stars?" Generally in a sentence that goes something like;

"You should go for the raise at your job man, reach for the stars why not?"

It does not literally mean "reach for the stars" it means go as far as you can.
In short I am willing to give the ancient writers the benefit of being able to use poetic language.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Punisher75How does that mesh with the knowledge that YHWH is not the Most High God? And henotheism in your ancestors past? Or make you different than any other church?

I don't ascribe to the idea that YHWH is not the most High God so I have no conflict.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

And how do 3 Gods become one God. It defies math unless they are always one how can they be 3. And if there's only 1 God which one is it? If not you have 3 Gods and 3 can never be one unless they are always one. Do you see how mad that sounds?

Yep lots of people have had difficulty with it, you would not be the first.

This is a sloppy example so forgive me, but think of something like Congress.
Congress is one thing. (The Godhead)
However Congress is made up of more than one person. (Father, Son and Holy Ghost)
All Congressmen are co-equal.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

reply to: Shane
What on earth is your problem? That was just complaining that makes no sense

Context is everything, if you want to post and not have any responses then you should start a religion/cult. The minimal way you respond to people when they put the time and effort to explain things suggest that you harbour no dissent from an end agenda/goal you already had in mind.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

its cool...

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLightI would love to be super polite to everyone. But when someone attacks verbally or has no other purpose than to prove me wrong like I would post topic I'm not well educated in it doesn't do any good. Such people need the right words spoken to them or they turn the post into nonsense. I know you're mad that I said to you " people like you" that was wrong and I apologize. I was mad because you tried to correct me when I was correct to begin with. You should have researched better before you confused the rub el hizb with the seal of Solomon and tried to correct me without the proper information. But I ll take your advice. And my threads do ok. Religion is a topic where everyone is right but nobody agrees. I deal with the words in the bible and.go from there. Ive been kind of carrying the religion/spirituality forum for a few days.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75Do you mean legislative-executive-judicial? The three branches of the gov?
Try this next time someone asks: water, sustainer of all life, exists in 3 forms (liquid water, ice, steam) there all always water but still 3 forms.
I personally consider any trinity, as there were many before Christianity, polytheism. 1 God all powerful, with no equals is how I see things.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Punisher75Do you mean legislative-executive-judicial? The three branches of the gov?
Try this next time someone asks: water, sustainer of all life, exists in 3 forms (liquid water, ice, steam) there all always water but still 3 forms.
I personally consider any trinity, as there were many before Christianity, polytheism. 1 God all powerful, with no equals is how I see things.

No I mean Congress. Because while they are three separate but equal branches of government, people tend to "focus" on the executive branch in that example I have found.

Well I have used the H2O example before as well as the egg example.. there are so many of them that people try to use.
The reason I use the Congress example is I have found often times it makes it easier for people to understand that the three are persons (congressmen).
I think that using persons of a different type just makes it easier for some people. YMMV
edit on 30-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
YHWH not being the Most High is not an idea it's a historical fact (based on the bible)that this was the belief of the ancient Israelites.
If you know this, how can you say you don't subscribe to "the idea" Do you not value the truth and make things fit your view? To know El Elyon is not YHWH you can read Deuteronomy.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75But there are more than 3 congressman and some are more powerful than others. The Executive branch is God in my analogy, Jesus admits that God is superior than him so that makes that ok if people focus more on it.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

a reply to: noonebutmeYet you came here knowing that was the topic? I wonder why? Truthfully, for a laugh, or what? That's perfectly fine if you did, I do the same thing with junk science threads. It's really not about believing it happened, it's about taking a very short section of scripture and finding the meaning, guessing what the author was trying to convey. It's what people who study the bible do.

Yes, for a laugh at the people who, in 2016, still believe this stuff. It makes me laugh, and, at the same time, sad for humanity.

That in this modern day, some people are not able to grasp that the stories of the bible are NOTHING more than that -- stories written down at a time in human history when people were both scared and ignorant of the world. These stories were used to give "meaning" to these bizarre and strange events and a sense of comfort.

It begs belief that people actually have careers to "study" the bible and find "meaning".

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutmeI laugh at you too, not because I believe the stories but because you can't see the value in knowledge of the ancient world or understanding the purpose of allegory. I am not a Christian. But I bet you are a believer in whatever science tells you (which is often, depending on the particular branch of science just as much b.s. as Christianity) and do everything in conformity with common opinion. Just a guess.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
they were doing or building something that could get them up there. I'm leaning toward a spaceship or some kind of teleporter. Maybe they took over or resurrected a landing/launching site? I'm sure they weren't trying to build a skyscraper and the gods were worried they would succeed.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I think it is more of a sense of superiority. Afterall, outside on a timid question on a topic that has been answered, and answered in good civil manner by several parties, nothing presented is satisfactory for one. Judge, Juror, and Executioner.

Hey, what's that, The Holy Trinity of 360. This can't be. The three are One.

This is a really simple message and example of what Vainty brings man, when he attempts to be god.

As for, Noonebutme, I take your response to indicate, that somehow, you wish to suggest there is no Historical Accuracy to be seen within the Bible, yet have no evidence to offer to support this belief you harbor that demostrates your verbal insights.

It would be nice to see what is not accurate since from my prespective, I don't quite see it that way.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Struck me as I replied in another thread that perhaps this original language had fully functioning words where there is no ambiguity in meaning and understanding. The shared culture of all imbued each word with meaning on multiple layers but understood and indeed implicit in all of them.

Now if some 'entity' comes along and wants to divide the dominant species on earth for easier manipulation and to hide much of their own shared knowledge and wisdom from them what better way is there?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join