It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient conspiracy: Tower of Babel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswordsGo on I'm listening.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Part of the key to understanding this account is in verse 3: And they said one to another, Come, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and bitumen had they for mortar."

The esoteric meaning laying the groundwork for understanding the rest of the account of the Tower of Babel is in the symbolic meaning of brick and bitumen as opposed to stone and mortar.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ancient times

The use of asphalt/bitumen for waterproofing and as an adhesive dates at least to the fifth millennium BC in the early Indus valley sites like Mehrgarh, where it was used to line the baskets in which crops were gathered.[20]

In the ancient Middle East, the Sumerians used natural asphalt/bitumen deposits for mortar between bricks and stones, to cement parts of carvings, such as eyes, into place, for ship caulking, and for waterproofing.[6] The Greek historian Herodotus said hot asphalt/bitumen was used as mortar in the walls of Babylon.[21]

It seems to be the default building material of the region at the time. I don't know of any esoteric reasoning off the top of my head, however I can think of a very logical reason for its use...
Namely it was commonly used in the middle east... oil is pretty common in the middle east, so why would they NOT use it?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The story suggests that a united earth is capable of challenging YHWH and was getting close. When I read Isaiah, and I know most people will disagree, I get the sense that it is talking about this, or Nebuchadnezzar Deifying himself. I heard about a theory some people think, that Isaiah is pre-mosaic because it never mentioned Moses. Don't quote me it's just a theory I heard.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

There are at least three levels to Biblical stories...the actual story, the allegory, then the mystical meaning. Jesus, himself, talked about the mysteries of his parables.

Stone vs. Brick.....Mortar vs. Bitumen

Stone is Truth..it is natural and formed over time; brick is made by man and signifies that which is false.

Mortar is that which solidly holds the stones of Truth in place; bitumen is black and tarry and is evil (negative) mixed in with good.

There has to be a certain level or degree to which greater Truth can be grasped with wisdom and understanding, or the knowledge attained is faulty and dangerous if received prematurely.

Mankind wasn't ready to receive this power then. He had not gone through the fire, so to speak, as yet. They were going to make brick and burn them on their own, meaning they were going ahead too quickly before they were ready to receive this power. Power received before one is ready to handle it is dangerous and can be used for the wrong reasons.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
The story suggests that a united earth is capable of challenging YHWH and was getting close. When I read Isaiah, and I know most people will disagree, I get the sense that it is talking about this, or Nebuchadnezzar Deifying himself. I heard about a theory some people think, that Isaiah is pre-mosaic because it never mentioned Moses. Don't quote me it's just a theory I heard.

Not saying you personally believe this obviously, but it is wise to keep in mind that people at the time believed that God lived in the sky/clouds in a very real and very literal sense.
This is important because it does not show them as being a threat, but rather just stupid and prideful.

Genesis 11:4
4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

I think the reason that some feel that the people are able to challenge God is verse 6 where we read,

6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

I however think they might be reading a bit to much into the passage.
I think that when God says "and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do." is basically saying "Jeesh, these people are so cocky that they will try to do anything regardless of how arrogant the idea is."
He then makes short work of their tower, and confuses the languages, apparently without much effort.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswordsK. Im impressed, that was something I will not forget. Who taught you esoterica?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75I wonder why NASA doesn't bother him at all.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
a reply to: Punisher75I wonder why NASA doesn't bother him at all.

Because NASA is not trying to bust into Gods living room they are trying to explore space.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75I'm with you on everything except I think YHWH being forced to strike, essentially alter his plan, because his power is in jeopardy. He obviously succeeds, but he was forced to act. That alone suggested he knew if he didn't do something it wouldn't be good. He might not have been in danger but something was.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75Good answer.

(post by areyousirius360 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

If you had access to all the power in the world to be able to do anything possible, but you had not yet been perfected....you had not gone through the proper "firing and refinement stages" and had not yet developed wisdom and understanding to go with that knowledge, you would be prone to misuse and abuse your newfound power. Very dangerous.

Will mankind eventually get there? I think so, but it should not be before we are spiritually perfected and can handle that knowledge with wisdom and complete understanding.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

So, it took all five pages for You to finally answer this question of WHY?

Nimrod, and those who followed where already attempting to replace what the Flood had just removed and become Men of Renown.

Here the descendants of Noah, lived and flourished. They had one Language, since they are the same family. (as an aside I believe this Planet had only Language, but that's a different topic for another day).

We can plainly see Temple construction prior to the Flood, and after to some lessor extent, revolved around magnificent elevated structures that reached to the skies or built upon Mountains to depict the place of God, and just prior to the Flood, the Fallen, (aka Anunnaki). This can be seen in many examples of Antideluvian Structures.

We can also reflect upon Plato's Account, where the gods resided upon the center of Atlantis upon it's mountain.

Here, Nimrod and those with him, are attempting to reconstruct such a structure, and become what was once dwelling in such places, gods.

Although the exact location is still in question, I did see a show last week that pointed toward Erech which had ancient structures that would fit the base necessities of such a construction as well as the time frame for the base's building date.

But congrats on being the one who pointed out what was staring the poster in the face. I guess something like "EYEs to SEE" would be appropriate......lol

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Shane
Am I the poster? If so what was staring me in the face? I have as good an understanding of Babel as anyone I made a post that was fun. You'd be surprised what these eyes see. For instance you ASSUME nimrod is behind it. Maybe. But it doesn't say that or use his name. He wasn't a ruler yet because the world was united. When the nations were created then Nimrod became the first potentate. So you assume, but say it anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Your combining Sumerian mythology with Greek and Hebrew and citing the Atlantis myth to talk about a Sumerian incident. And you think it was a literal tower, which YHWH wouldn't be concerned with. No they were threatening his power and he took steps to subvert there attempts, but they were in the process of getting access to heaven so it wasn't a real tower

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
eyes huh? Please you don't have anything interesting to add so type a bunch of crap you JUST googled and you think you did something. If you don't know anything about the tower of Babel don't make stuff up.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Are you Serious? You somehow expect that because you post a topic that deals with a specific event that the Bible speaks of and that it has no bearing on what just happened in recent History?

Babel, isn't a difficult discussion. Man with time on his hands, became mischievous and attempted to elevate himself as god.

As for a United World, it may come as a surprise that many peoples where never near the Middle East at any period of time. Peoples with traditions and lore dating back to the 6th Day that also went through the Flood event survived upto this past century, as they where created on the 6th Day. Aborigines of Australia and Tribal Native Populations of South America also survived. Likewise, Asia, and Africa, which surprisingly lacks any Flood (aka the Great Flood) Lore, where still there.

This becomes difficult when discussed within various sects of Christiandom, because the Church says silly things, and protects, silly notions, that originated, when only a small percentage of the flock could read, for 1, and had access to the manuscripts or Bible for that matter, 2nd.

The premise that everyone alive today, came from Noah and His Generations, is as asinine as a claim Adam and Eve were the First People, and we all came from them, in the Garden.

And the Tower of Babel is a Babylonian Event my Friend.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
What on earth is your problem? That was just complaining that makes no sense.

(post by areyousirius360 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It wasn't Babylonian because it wasn't named Babel until AFTER the toungues were confused. Sumerian is more appropriate. But you so smart.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join